GUILTY NC - PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would NH cover for this other perp and lie and say he dropped her off at her apartment complex if he really dropped her off somewhere else and she got into another car? I can see why he would lie to save himself, but why cover for someone else?

Again, the cell phone pings have to be considered and explained. In the above scenario KB is either not taking her phone or somehow her phone is disabled so that the phone no longer pings as she gets into this other car and that car takes off.

It would have to be that NH did indeed drop her off outside of her apartment complex and she maybe pretended to walk away, but instead had someone else pick her up. In this scenario NH has no knowledge of the other person. He really thought she was going home. So this requires us to believe the words of a RSO. Not too comforting I'll admit.

Do cell phones ping when turned off? I'm not sure I've ever seen a unanimous answer for that, and I'm not cell phone ping savvy.

VOH...Did Kelli regularly or on occasion smoke cigarettes?
How about Nick (IIRC, he is a smoker, please confirm). IN NY you can't smoke inside bars, you have to step outside. How about in NC, smoking inside?

I think VOH stated that when others go outside to have a smoke, they leave their keys or what not on the bar.

So, I'm assuming it's only smoking outside.

And, if i remember correctly, going to Raleigh, it's no smoking in any building.

Occum's Razor, folks.

TV crime dramas typically use plots that show the most likely perp to be innocent, while another person is the perp. Perry Mason was famous for developing this formula, as over 100 people would have innocently been executed or LWOP without his digging for the truth.

But that's fantasyland. In the real world, there are very, very few ways that likely perps aren't guilty, especially with a overwhelming amount of hard, unambiguous, circumstantial evidence.

To that end: VOH, what is your impression with local LE knowledge about Nick Holbert's involvement in this matter? I'm not talking official, but rather the "investigative atmosphere."

Well NH is the PERFECT suspect.
Im probably wrong but im not so sure hes the perp!
jmo

I'm with you! He is the perfect suspect. I just don't think he is bright enough to have pulled this off or planned it well in advance. That's my reservation.

It is hard to get past the fact that NH said he dropped her off at apartments but the cell didn't ping there.

Quoting self to ask...where is the link to that? Realize, I don't have one so must ask...
How are we so sure that the cell last pings only pinged at Froggy's? Anyone have a link to that? I remember the presser, Locklear states something to the effect 'everything keeps bringing us back here'...he is not standing at FB when he states that, so is he talking about the general area? And, couldn't the general area include her apartment and FB? Where is the 'here' he speaks of?

Quoting self to ask...where is the link to that? Realize, I don't have one so must ask...
How are we so sure that the cell last pings only pinged at Froggy's? Anyone have a link to that? I remember the presser, Locklear states something to the effect 'everything keeps bringing us back here'...he is not standing at FB when he states that, so is he talking about the general area? And, couldn't the general area include her apartment and FB? Where is the 'here' he speaks of?

yep, that's what I'm trying to understand.

Where is the 'here' he speaks of?

I do think she saw someone asked to be let out of nicks car said she will walk home Now who did she see?
Where is Let's call him Justin?
Hes on my radar! so is hubby lol
why is lets call him Justin in NC when her hubby goes away? And where was he when she went missing!

Red flag to me!

JMO

I

I think Justin was in town a few weeks before KB went missing, not the weekend she went missing. He was back in FL then.

Have the police even searched the construction site? Is it possible that Nick disposed of Kelli's body there? I earlier read here that it is the perfect place to hide a body. I don't think it was a construction worker. Highly unlikely under the obvious circumstances. But would Nick have access to take Kelli over there in the middle of the night?

I think VOH stated that when others go outside to have a smoke, they leave their keys or what not on the bar.

So, I'm assuming it's only smoking outside.

And, if i remember correctly, going to Raleigh, it's no smoking in any building.

You are right...good sleuthing!! And that was in a VOH response to me (duh)...but I wasn't focusing on the smoking at that time...was thinking about the keys.
Still wondering about her keys...and now the smoking too...lol

I'm with you! He is the perfect suspect. I just don't think he is bright enough to have pulled this off or planned it well in advance. That's my reservation.

There is nothing "bright" to pull off. John Gardener got away with it in California with one girl, and he isn't truly bright. And this wasn't so much planned as presented as an opportunity.

Yes, I try to have an open mind when it comes to crime, but I also know when not to pursue threads that are not part of the picture. No reservations whatsoever on my part. All we can do is to do what we can to prevent such actions in the future. And for what it's worth, had Nick worn GPS as all RSO's SHOULD pay for and wear as a condition of their registration status, he would have either been nailed as the perp or cleared with no ambiguity by retracing his GPS trail.

BBM: Well, he is not very bright, for sure, cause he IS back in jail.

But I don't think it is his wits that have allowed for the trail to seemingly (and IMO) go cold. I think he simply got lucky that she wasn't reported missing until monday, so he had all of saturday and sunday to clean up his crime and make up a story.

Not that I don't trust the media or anything, lol....but I would like to be able to hear him say it again....that way I can listen once again to his verbage.... anyone have that link from the first interview, I don't believe they pulled that one....

Patriot, I think its in an inmates makeup to throw the race card and the sex offender card. Woe is me...boo hoo hoo. They learn early on that statements like that can get them some sympathy with the "right" audience. I cannot count how many times I have had them throw this card on me when working with them. Never worked with me. But with some officers it would get under their skin and they would get defensive.... One thing this young man learned in prison I guarantee you is how to be a better criminal and how to play the system. So HE KNOWS its because he was the last one seen with her, he also knows that being an RSO plays into it as well. He needs to get over it...IMHO

Port, I will have to go back and find the audio link, but it is quoted in many reputable news sources...

Here is Nick's quote again, tell me if you find something strange here...

So I stopped and she said, 'I'll walk home.' I said, 'Are you sure?' She said, 'Yeah.' I said I figured she didn't want me to know where she lived, or somebody was there and she didn't want to be seen together."

They have apparently been friendly all night, singing, drinking, etc... He drove her to FB's, now is driving her home and he "figured she didn't want me to know where she lived" ? Really?? Everything is going good and now she doesn't want Nick to know where she lives??? Sounds as if Nick had already had his story set up to suggest that there could be someone waiting for her at the apt complex...
Like you said, when you are in prison, you learn to be a better criminal...

Have the police even searched the construction site? Is it possible that Nick disposed of Kelli's body there? I earlier read here that it is the perfect place to hide a body. I don't think it was a construction worker. Highly unlikely under the obvious circumstances. But would Nick have access to take Kelli over there in the middle of the night?

BBM: Just jumping off your post re: the construction area. Maybe I have been reading too many of Madeleines posts :)giggle: ) but if we can think to search construction areas, dumpsters and the like, I would sure hope to heck that LE has thought of it, and done it! Was the construction happening on the weekend?

Occam's Razor seems to be shunned so often. Poor Occam. Never seems to get a break in lieu of those zebras being heard. ;-)

I do think she saw someone asked to be let out of nicks car said she will walk home Now who did she see?
Where is Let's call him Justin?
Hes on my radar! so is hubby lol
why is lets call him Justin in NC when her hubby goes away? And where was he when she went missing!

Red flag to me!

JMO

I

:floorlaugh: You funny. Lets. On a serious note, I have several possibilities on my radar.

There is nothing "bright" to pull off. John Gardener got away with it in California with one girl, and he isn't truly bright. And this wasn't so much planned as presented as an opportunity.

Yes, I try to have an open mind when it comes to crime, but I also know when not to pursue threads that are not part of the picture. No reservations whatsoever on my part. All we can do is to do what we can to prevent such actions in the future. And for what it's worth, had Nick worn GPS as all RSO's SHOULD pay for and wear as a condition of their registration status, he would have either been nailed as the perp or cleared with no ambiguity by retracing his GPS trail.

So are you 100% sold on NH as the perp? What do you think will be the deciding factor with LE? DNA, or something else? Remember my handle...:blushing: and thanks in advance for your insight...

Probably a combination of things. Ping locations, the clothes (maybe with blood on them) they found, other things they found which have not been disclosed...LE is not telling us why other than they keep getting led back to FB's and areas nearby. And they are not going to disclose what they have because that's part of the investigation and it will become part of the evidence the DA gets. Trust me. We will not be told about the details of the evidence until trial. We may hear about bits 'n pieces, but the entire picture will not be laid out for public consumption until or unless the case goes to trial.

:goodpost:
Agree that the complete details will not come out until trial (or maybe a confession). If I am understanding "pings" correctly. They will be able to show a ping map demonstration that traces the movements of anyone involved.

The way you typed that it is very hard to follow but if "Justin" was in town, why wouldn't he have been at FB with her? He had gone with her there in the past, wouldn't you think he would go with her again this time, especially seeing Mike was out of town.

LOL her husband calls him" Lets call him justin!"
and i changed my mind about him he wasnt here bit i think someone was PO'd
JMO

There is an area leaving Methodist University going away from 295 and enroute to Cliffdale Road that has either a dead area or some sort of interference where cell calls will drop most every time. It happened just today.

I know Methodist University is right there very close to Froggy Bottoms. My granddaughter calls me (her old Nana) every day as she is leaving campus. Within 2 minutes or so her cell drops our call.

My question is: Is it possible that Kelli's cell phone was thrown out of the vehicle in that dead or spotty area close to Froggy Bottoms? There are clear days when the phone just goes silent or very choppy and then the call will continue, but the call is dropped for the most part. Surely LE knows about that blip of an area. It is also within a three mile radius of Froggy Bottoms.
Kelli's cell could be in that little area and may would have even pinged once in a great while the next day and until the battery went dead. My granddaughter has T-Mobil if that makes any difference.

My granddaughter would like to help search, but this is final exam week for her at Methodist University. She said she could help after this week, though.

*Going back to page one to catch up now. *Sorry to have just jumped in on the convo!

The problem is, the radius can be 1 to 8 miles from the tower

I don't dispute that it can be, but it usually isn't. The examples given are what we call 'outliers' - meaning that in some cases that variance is noted, but statistically, it is more often likely to get an accurate placement within a mile.

Try this on for a gut check: If it is true (per Nick) that Kelli was indeed texting frequently from the bar that night, then they've added another 'baseline' data point that they can use in triangulating the last ping. They aren't just comparing moving cell signal pings, but they can also calculate with data from while Kelli was in Froggy's for the entire evening.

That adds an equation value that would increase accuracy exponentially. Some articles that want to dismiss accuracy of cell signals deliberately fail to incorporate multiple data points in the triangulation. They focus on single signals, as opposed to looking at the cumulative changes in signal transmissions over a span of hours in same region.

In this instance, technicians have not just the last ping, but pings throughout the night to work with.

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member