GUILTY NC - PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If KB was calling/texting someone else beyond those we know about, LE certainly knows who and when. All that info is tracked by the carrier; a perp discarding KB's phone wouldn't remove information from the cell provider's records.

They know about where she was (via pings), they know exactly who she called (if anyone), and who she texted that entire night and what times each of those events occurred. LE persists in tying NH to the time those texts were sent and continues to believe he is the key to how and why KB disappeared. KB was in the company of NH at the time of her being spooked.

And who has a vested interest in creating the perception that KB made it home safely? Random spooky guy creeping about who no one knows or sees? Or the person who was seen leaving with Kelli by many witnesses?

It can take several days to verify an alibi. The various people who were named as being able to verify one or more people's whereabouts during a 3 day period would each need to be contacted and interviewed. Not everyone is sitting around waiting for LE to come see them. Some might travel for work, etc. The verification process might involve more than just one conversation with each witness. There may be physical corroborating evidence that can help establish whereabouts (like video as one example). I can see LE easily spending 1 week's worth of work days in FL verifying the husbands whereabouts as well as KB's friend/boyfriend, Justin.

The Florida trip was over a month ago - old news and based on detective's comment - is not their focus. NH is their focus.

It can take several days to verify an alibi. The various people who were named as being able to verify one or more people's whereabouts during a 3 day period would each need to be contacted and interviewed. Not everyone is sitting around waiting for LE to come see them. Some might travel for work, etc. The verification process might involve more than just one conversation with each witness. There may be physical corroborating evidence that can help establish whereabouts (like video as one example). I can see LE easily spending 1 week's worth of work days in FL verifying the husbands whereabouts as well as KB's friend/boyfriend, Justin.

The Florida trip was over a month ago - old news and based on detective's comment - is not their focus. NH is their focus.

Yes I know it was over a month ago; I never said or implied it was anything recent.

I was responding to Straykat's comments above that it shouldn't take LE a week to complete their work in FL to verify husband's story.

And that just might be what LE wants the public to think. I doubt it's old
news to them.
Seems to me if they had anything on NH he would have been charged
with something relating to KB being missing by now.
In my opinion NH is in jail for exactly what LE says; His RSO violation.

I don't believe NH had anything to do with KB's disappearance. I hope
LE knows more and are leaving no stone unturned.

If I'm thinking back on Kelli's past just before she went missing, there could
be other events that led up to where we are now.

And those two texts still make absolutely no sense to me other than
to shift the blame on Nick. JMO

Regarding "shifting the blame on Nick"

The texts, as reported, did not mention Nick by name. "Getting a ride home with (a guy/some guy)" doesn't tell anyone who that guy is (although witnesses at the bar see NH/KB leave together and NH says he took her home).

And "got home safely" also doesn't do anything to shift blame onto any one particular person. It was sent to create the impression of a safe arrival and/or stop the person on the receiving end from continuing to followup on KB's status that evening. Someone shifting blame onto Nick through a txt message would have been saying something like, "this guy giving me a ride is creepy, don't trust him. Will make a run for it."

The timestamps of the texts are crucial. At least one of those texts (and probably most of them) correlate to KB using her phone and being in the company of Nick.

Nick admitted to giving Kelli a ride supposedly back home. So, this is not just a hunch. :banghead:

Regarding "shifting the blame on Nick"

The texts, as reported, did not mention Nick by name. "Getting a ride home with (a guy/some guy)" doesn't tell anyone who that guy is (although witnesses at the bar see NH/KB leave together and NH says he took her home).

And "got home safely" also doesn't do anything to shift blame onto any one particular person. It was sent to create the impression of a safe arrival and/or stop the person on the receiving end from continuing to followup on KB's status that evening. Someone shifting blame onto Nick through a txt message would have been saying something like, "this guy giving me a ride is creepy, don't trust him. Will make a run for it."

The timestamps of the texts are crucial. At least one of those texts (and probably most of them) correlate to KB using her phone and being in the company of Nick.

I suspect LE is in no rush to bring charges against NH, even if they have enough already to do so. Why not take advantage of the fact that you know where he is and that he's not going anywhere and continue to strengthen your case and hope and pray that Kelli is brought home to her family in the meantime.

Thank you JustyThougts for taking the time to read and respond to my post! And, thank you for clearing some things up for me! 
I’m leaning towards the idea that NH did not fabricate Kelli being spooked. I am wondering if he interpreted her reaction to something she saw, and thus described her reaction as “spooked”. Again, I know this sounds as if I am l mincing words, but it may be important to have an accurate description of what may have been Kelli’s feelings or thoughts at the critical moment. I looked in the dictionary, spooked has several meanings; I am only concerned with two that are relevant here:
• To startle and cause nervous activity in; frighten.
• To become frightened and nervous.

If we take the literal term, and we must because NH has given this description, than, NH is describing a person who is frightened.
Now, this puts me back to my original idea, why would she get out of the safety of a car to go where she felt spooked or frightened? That doesn’t make sense. Perhaps NH doesn’t understand or recognize some of the subtle nuances of behavior?
Just my thoughts…

To me, the word 'spooked' can also imply one who is startled; startled but not necessarily afraid (not sure if that's a definition in the dictionary (I'll look). Kelli may have been surprised that someone was present and spooked when she realized they may witness her being dropped off by a guy. NH may have just obeyed her not knowing what was going on, stopped the car and she jumped out. :waitasec: At that point, Kelli may have not taken the time to explain because her goal was to avoid detection from arriving home in NH's car.

If LE has SOLID alibis for anyone (husband or new bf - the state of the marriage remains sketchy imo) who fit into the scenario above, then that's NOT what happened.

The way I remember it and how we heard 'spooked' first, is that Kelli's mom explained to the media what LE had explained to her. That was that NH had dropped Kelli off and NH had told the police that Kelli seemed 'spooked' by something and asked to be dropped off short of her building. LE isn't telling us where NH allegedly picked Kelli up. I mention this because NH stated that he thought that maybe she didn't want him to know the exact location of her apt. She may have walked out to the sidewalk if he phoned to say he was on his way or she called him and asked him to come get her and she walked out to meet him knowing he'd be there shortly. None of these details have been shared with the public afaik.

What frustrates me about the interview of Nick I posted above is that it looks like he gives more info about dropping her off. You can see him making hand motions, but the reporter is talking over it. Maybe that's why the reporter was confident in saying he dropped her off at Ramsey and King's Creek.

There is one other thing I've wondered about...Holbert is quoted in the article as saying, "I figured she didn't want me to know where she lived". So where did he pick her up earlier that night?

Another thing about him that really bugs me is him saying "i'm grieving too" only 4 days after she disappeared. That has definitely added to my suspicions about him.

The fact that we remember the same details helps remind us that what we heard/was said/reported is true. That's why I like to hear points repeated.

The language NH used when he said 'grieving too' is interesting imo. I'm just not sure it means anything other than that he suspects something bad happened to Kelli because LE had already confirmed that she didn't arrive home safely and her family or work didn't know her whereabouts. He may use words like 'spooked' and 'grieving' when he meant 'startled' and 'concerned' or 'frightened', etc. :waitasec: I'm not sure. The word grieving does indicate a done deal though as in something is lost/gone.

I suspect LE is in no rush to bring charges against NH, even if they have enough already to do so. Why not take advantage of the fact that you know where he is and that he's not going anywhere and continue to strengthen your case and hope and pray that Kelli is brought home to her family in the meantime.

Yep, we see that all the time...LE takes it's time getting the ducks in a row because the clock starts ticking towards a trial once a charge is brought. Whether Holbert will be charged with Kelli's disappearance obviously remains to be seen but when the homicide detective working the case basically says Holbert knows where the victim is located...that says the police department has an eye on charging him.

Holbert has his next court date on the registration violations (midemeanor and felony) July 31st. Not sure what will happen then or how close he is to being sentenced. Somewhere between 8 and 20 months seems a likely sentence if both charges hold so that should give Fayetteville PD a good window to get what they need to charge him in Kelli's disappearance. Hopefully Kelli's family and friends get answers/justice sooner than later but it doesn't always work that way.

Yes she would Im sure he sent her a pic or a few!
And the Florida Tags would give it away too..

Remember Hubby said there was nothing wrong with their relationship!

This point bothers me a lot. When Olivia was asked if Kelli's relationship with her husband was a good one, I can't forget Olivia's reaction. It was a news report and she indicated through her body language and her reply that they had problems. If you missed that early report, you missed it. If you saw it, you know what I mean.

The next thing we heard is that everything was great between them and that MB had simply been visiting family in Florida. Who started the rumors that KB filed Army paperwork and maybe even divorce filings and why? These points are known to LE though - they wouldn't have to dig deep in order to uncover the truth regarding this issue.

From the Today Show: New development in missing case of Ft. Bragg soldier Kelli Bordeaux

http://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/today/48188414#48188414

Well then. Det. Locklear says that he thinks NH has the answer to where Kelli can be found. What does LE need to charge him?
Do they have any evidence?

The timeline was pushed up from 12:30A until 1:45A I noticed. People at the bar said they left after 1AM. :waitasec:

Is there any doubt now that LE believes NH is their POI/suspect? They've done everything but jump up and down screaming it. Sure, LE could be wrong, but remember they do know more than WE do (afterall we are not investigators). Imagine the odds of a RSO dropping off a young pretty woman safely, but not right at her apartment, and then a random rapist getting her. A text specifying she "got home safely" was sent, but she appears to have never made it back to her apartment. A random rapist would care about sending a txt message from Kelli's phone to announce she got home safely, why?? Makes no sense.

That's a lot of odds to work through and the txt message evidence still has to be accounted for. Random attacker has no reason to send a message from KB's phone since no one would know he was ever with her!

Yet the prosecution has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt. To me, that means not just what we think happened. There is a window of opportunity that something else happened to Kelli. Why won't LE share info that clears the husband and how the text messages point to NH? Who was Kelli even texting to and why would NH allow her to keep her phone if she was already in his car over a span of time? This makes no sense to me. The texts were sent over a period of time. We have heard she left the bar after 1AM. Why would Kelli leave with him in the first place if her texts hold clues? :waitasec:

On another topic ~ very interesting - the study of Victimology.
http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/criminal_mind/profiling/victimology/2.html

Clearly states husband was in FL and is not a suspect, so check him off the list...

ETA - no mention of her karaoke friend being questioned..

The reporter states the husband was in Florida and also states that NH hasn't been named a suspect. The detective is suspicious of NH, but he doesn't name him a formal 'suspect' nor does he say anything about MB being in Florida - only the reporter mentioned that.

So here we are - still no suspects. When does LE NAME a 'suspect' anyway?
Clearly NH is a suspect. Why not just say so?

Me too. I am now leaning toward NH based on LE's statements regarding the texts etc. What would be the odds of being alone with a RSO. Being dropped off and falling victim to a serial rapist. I would say slim to none. Husband now off my radar. Praying Kelli is found :please:

Not mine. And I really want him to be - I'm not out to get him, why would I be? Until I hear the police say that MB has been cleared, he's suspect in my mind. I know what I heard and saw and how the story suddenly changed.

Keep in mind that LE creates illusions at times for the purpose of causing others to relax. :twocents:

That's more of a legal distinction rather than what they really believe.

Publicly calling someone a "suspect" can create potential legal problems down the road and it also creates a certain mindset in the public. Since the fiasco of the Atlanta Olympics Bombing and what happened when Richard Jewel was called a "suspect," LE across the nation changed when they use the term.

Some will say POI (person of interest) instead. Some LE departments will say "we haven't named any suspects or POI." Some LE won't say anything other than "we have no suspects."

It doesn't tell the public anything about what's going on behind the scenes. LE is protecting the case from future defense attorney attacks and the media won't use the term unless/until LE says it first. Keeping the potential jury pool uncontaminated.

Yes, yes, I know. I'm about to rant because the system is twisted. Who do the police work for? The people who pay their taxes. Yet they have to serve at the butt of defense lawyers and other legal loopholes. It's ridiculous. Being named a suspect when you're not guilty would be terrifying and is very unfair. But what about peeps who sit in prison for 20/30 years or go to the electric chair based on our system reaching for the easiest or only conclusion they can come up with at the time and decide to prosecute on that basis. Why not share some of the facts with the public to see if more concrete answers surface.

If NH didn't do it, maybe he brought Kelli to see Terry Speaks the other on-the-loose RSO out of nearby NC. What's with that?
Is NH a pedophile or what? Spend time trying to determine his profile too - not just the victims. Would Kelli be of interest to him sexually? If any women had sex with NH since he got out of prison they should tell the police. Who was he having sex with? VOH couldn't think of anybody. Has he raped people in the area? Has he been around children - shudder? Who is he? Why would he hurt a six year old girl like he did? How many years has he roamed since he's been out? What the hell is wrong with our system? Sickening. If he did this to Kelli, we need to seriously change how we deal with violent sex offenders throughout our whole country. They can't be changed and it only gets worse.

ERRN1313, you may be correct on the 3rd interview reference and that news report was a patchwork with the butterfly release story. I was remembering, like lowes123, that the last I heard from LE was they had interviewed him 2 times. I guess I am not confidently clear on this aspect either.

Nevertheless, the big thing for me is the investigator's reference to "the texts and calls Kelli made after leaving the bar. I think they weigh heavily on the events of that night and how she felt about what was going on and who she was with."

This is for sure the first time I heard those words from the investigator; particularly "how she felt about what was going on and who she was with". Prayers the truth will come soon and that KB will be located.

So is LE suggesting that Kelli didn't send any of those texts? Because based on what peeps who know Kelli said, she wouldn't hang around and take crap from anybody once she suspected they were up to no good. If the texts began before she left the bar, why would she consider leaving with NH at all? Why wouldn't she name the man who was driving her home? Makes no sense to me - none at all. Why would NH send a text like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
First sleuth