NC NC - Sara Graham, 18, Fairmont, 4 February 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This may be a totally ignorant question, but if LE believed she was a runaway, would the FBI still be involved? Or is that just a matter of covering all bases.

Not ignorant at all! Great question. The FBI get involved typically due to lack of manpower. The local LE can only devote a certain # of hours to the case because they have other cases ongoing. They don't supersede the local LE either. It's a joint effort. The FBI just has more leverage when/if issues arise like jurisdiction or warrants, etc. Additionally, if anyone noticed the original Missing poster of Sara it stated at the bottom that she may have traveled out of state. So, by getting help from the FBI it allows them to use more search tools than they had before. Hope that helps.

Not ignorant at all! Great question. The FBI get involved typically due to lack of manpower. The local LE can only devote a certain # of hours to the case because they have other cases ongoing. They don't supersede the local LE either. It's a joint effort. The FBI just has more leverage when/if issues arise like jurisdiction or warrants, etc. Additionally, if anyone noticed the original Missing poster of Sara it stated at the bottom that she may have traveled out of state. So, by getting help from the FBI it allows them to use more search tools than they had before. Hope that helps.

BBM. That wasn't on the original poster; it was added later.

Given that she was from TX and mom is in CA, that makes sense to me. If she is a runaway, she may have friends in TX or want to go back to mom. Thanks for the imput.

Given that she was from TX and mom is in CA, that makes sense to me. If she is a runaway, she may have friends in TX or want to go back to mom. Thanks for the imput.

Thanks! Both good points I didn't consider.

I am wondering if, since Sara is a minor, that is why there is no real footprint of her out there. .

She's not a minor though. She's an adult and can walk away if she CHOSE to . Correct?

Maybe Hannah Garner would have some ideas about where Sara might have gone....

I don't believe Sara had ever run away before. I also find it very odd that there is no clothing description other than the vest. She had to have had a coat and more than likely wore it that morning. It would have been very cold in the van until it warmed up. Also, if her father and step mother had seen her that morning surely they would be able to describe what she was wearing. This lack of info disturbs me.

The family member believes that if Sara had left voluntarily she would have let someone know she was safe by now.

I must say the Hannah Garner-Thomas case and her being found has really given me hope for runaway situations like this where there wasn't much optimism before. Let's hope this has a similar outcome

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I must say the Hannah Garner-Thomas case and her being found has really given me hope for runaway situations like this where there wasn't much optimism before. Let's hope this has a similar outcome

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's 'if' she ran away...

She's not a minor though. She's an adult and can walk away if she CHOSE to . Correct?

My bad, I meant to say if Sara was a minor and ran away before, there would be no record we could see. But yes, if she choose to leave and she is 18, she has the right to do that.

I don't believe Sara had ever run away before. I also find it very odd that there is no clothing description other than the vest. She had to have had a coat and more than likely wore it that morning. It would have been very cold in the van until it warmed up. Also, if her father and step mother had seen her that morning surely they would be able to describe what she was wearing. This lack of info disturbs me.

The family member believes that if Sara had left voluntarily she would have let someone know she was safe by now.

Thank you for being here. It is excellent to read your thoughts about Sara and her circumstances from that morning, as well as the investigation. Please pass on my fervent hopes for Sara's return to your friends in her family. I hope they're holding strong. My prayers and thoughts are with them.

I 100% agree with all of this.

The fact that ALL parents aren't in on the info concerns me. I don't get why a parent would be excluded.

I also think the FBI is involved because the parents she live with are in LE, and possibly not objective. Or something more grim.

If I was Sara's mom, I'd be so deep in their faces they would be exhaling MY breath. And when they weren't cooperative, I'd pull out all the stops until they let me in, including involving media getting them to question if there was a hidden scandal.

Nothing about this smells like runaway. This stench is criminal. =/

It's obvious you feel this very strongly. So what do you think about the sheriff's response and the way he talks about the situation? I'm referring specifically to things like: it's as if she just vanished or we hope she left with friends without telling anyone. Or the way in which the search has been conducted.

I don't think anything. There is no information to base a theory on.

All I'm saying is that in light of the news that information is possibly being withheld from Sara's other important family members raises suspicions. Are those suspicions warranted? I don't know. But if I was the other parent, I sure as heck would find out.

On the other hand, maybe all parents know all information equally. No claims can be verified, but I'm taking a leap of faith because LE has made zero updates that I'm aware of.

I don't think anything. There is no information to base a theory on.

All I'm saying is that in light of the news that information is possibly being withheld from Sara's other important family members raises suspicions. Are those suspicions warranted? I don't know. But if I was the other parent, I sure as heck would find out.

On the other hand, maybe all parents know all information equally. No claims can be verified, but I'm taking a leap of faith because LE has made zero updates that I'm aware of.

Thanks for your reply. I was not aware that information was possibly being withheld from Sara's other important family members.

Honestly, I don't think it is odd that they might not have known what she was wearing. I drive my kids to school every morning and see them for a while before they leave. And, honestly, I would not even be able to tell you what they were wearing. The only thing I really notice is if it's dress code appropriate. I would really be a terrible person to ask for a description of my own children's clothing if they ever went missing.

Honestly, I don't think it is odd that they might not have known what she was wearing. I drive my kids to school every morning and see them for a while before they leave. And, honestly, I would not even be able to tell you what they were wearing. The only thing I really notice is if it's dress code appropriate. I would really be a terrible person to ask for a description of my own children's clothing if they ever went missing.

The stepmom is a detective. I guess you just think of a detective noticing things.

The stepmom is a detective. I guess you just think of a detective noticing things.

LOL, good point! ;) I only play one on the internet! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyclic8