NC NC - Sara Graham, 18, Fairmont, 4 February 2015 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the update JerseyGirl. I look a couple of times a week to see if she is found one way or the other.

"The Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Robeson County Sheriff's Office are still actively working a joint missing persons investigation," said Shelley Lynch, a spokeswoman for the FBI office in Charlotte.

"We are not providing specific details on the leads we are following at this time because disclosing investigation information publicly is not in the best interest of finding Sara," Lynch said in an email.

http://www.fayobserver.com/news/cri...cle_472f4359-cc82-5e5c-95e1-e09557591a32.html

Pretty pathetic they cant get the most important thing right, TIME Sara's been missing, 3, THREE months NOT 2, THREE!! My calendar shows 3(THREE) months, I had to triple check.( but what's time right? sarcasm)
Article says
Authorities are saying little about the search for the daughter of a Robeson County deputy sheriff who went missing two months ago.

Sara Nicole Graham, 18, was last seen Feb. 4 when she left her home in Fairmont about 6:30 a.m. for work at a Walmart store in Pembroke, Robeson County Sheriff Kenneth Sealey has said.

http://www.fayobserver.com/news/crime_courts/robeson-county-teen-two-months-later-still-missing/article_472f4359-cc82-5e5c-95e1-e09557591a32.html

Has anyone emailed/called the writer at Fay Observer to let her know it's been 3 months, not 2?

According to the above article,

Authorities have not said whether (Connie) Graham's dismissal is linked to the disappearance of the teen.

The article also states,

Sara Graham never showed up for work, Sealey said, and the van, its doors locked, was found about noon the same day, parked just off McDonald Road.

Did it ever get cleared up whether or not the back hatch was left open or not?

"We are not providing specific details on the leads we are following at this time because disclosing investigation information publicly is not in the best interest of finding Sara," Lynch said in an email.

What does that even mean?

This case is so sad.

I have followed this case at a distance. Most cases I have seen, an arrest and resolution to a case does not have any relation to the amount of media coverage or number of statements LE makes. Things happen in there time.

For most of man's time on earth, there was no internet. People kept private things private. I am not saying that is good or bad. Many people don't post much on the internet for many reasons. Men are not going to turn into some chatty woman because there has been a crime against a family member. Everyone does not respond or react the way we think they should, or the way we think we would. That does not mean they don't care or are not thinking of Sarah. We just cannot see it.

For Sara's sake I hope the FBI will be able to do something soon. When they do, if it all possible, I hope they can shine an even brighter light on the problems with Robeson County sheriffs office. That county must be so tired of this dog and pony show. This girl did not leave on her own. Yes, we remember that was the last thing you said, "We hope she left without telling anyone." Then nothing from RCSO to this day.

Sara is bright and we're no dummies either. If she wanted to leave home she would have left the night before. She wouldn't wait until 6:30am then park her van in some field hoping it wouldn't be noticed for a while. Both her father and stepmother said they were with her. Her father said he was with her the night before watching television. Her stepmother said she saw her leave that morning. Both of them place themselves at home with her at a time when Sara wouldn't have been there if she wanted to leave.

Sara I wish with all my heart you could come home. If you can, please come for Mother's Day. This time I would love to be mistaken.

IMO Total baloney article

:heartbeat:

The bottom line is, the daughter of two cops in a good-ol-boys sheriff's office disappeared under suspicious circumstances. Local deputies know all the best hiding spots, so I'm sure Sara is never coming home and we will never find out what happened to her. Things will simmer down, step mommy dearest will move on, and Sara's disappearance will become be a distant memory.

The bottom line is, the daughter of two cops in a good-ol-boys sheriff's office disappeared under suspicious circumstances. Local deputies know all the best hiding spots, so I'm sure Sara is never coming home and we will never find out what happened to her. Things will simmer down, step mommy dearest will move on, and Sara's disappearance will become be a distant memory.
Boy I hope your wrong but it certainly looks like this case is not moving.....but we are on the outside trying to look in ,let's pray that some kind of closure is forthcoming.

If you look at the total baloney article in #786 above you you will see that closure began on February 10, 2015. That's when Sara began to move from the "missing and possibly abducted" category to "simply left and forgot to tell anyone." In this article we hear it from the father but it was also reported from Sheriff Seally himself as well as Major Anthony Thompson. At the same time it was first expressed by all three men that there were doubts that she was still alive.

If you can create doubt in the public mind that the missing person is still alive and at the same time offer hope they have left on their own, the public will likely choose left on their own over dead. Now it becomes the responsibility of the missing to call home, come home because, "Just to hear that she's ok would be the greatest news I could ever get," said her father.

This is closure from RCSO just six days after Sara was gone. I believe any hope for real closure lies with the FBI.

Hope Sara's loved ones, her mom out West, especially today, her brother, family, friends and all those who care soon have information that will lead to finding Sara Graham.

Continued thoughts an prayers for this.

Oh, GigTu, I so hope you're wrong, but I sadly have to agree with you. I was born & raised in a town in that county, and it was a better place then, but the RCSO was never a model, IMO. Sort of a you-don't-tug-on-Superman's-cape kind of thing. Poor Sara. Wrong time, wrong place, IMO.
icon8.png

It doesn't give me any pleasure to talk about my conclusions about this case. IMO the actions of the RCSO, of which both Sara's father and stepmother were members at the time, are suspect. According to the RCSO Sara has hopefully left without telling anyone. Officially she remains missing and my hopes are that the FBI can add some clarity and closure.

I don't understand why she would park the truck in a field that is within eye sight of the road. Makes no sense for her to do that if she walked away from it all. Secondly she's an adult, why not just say I'm out of here and leave..she certainly didn't need anyone's permission. If she did leave, then there is someone else who is aware of her leaving cause she didn't walk away from the van and disappear,imo. Nope, I'm not buying she left voluntarily. ...

So 3 months now and nothing? No possible suspects, no evidence at the scene of the van, no sightings, no media blasts from the family? Nothing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

<RSBM>I don't understand why she would park the truck in a field that is within eye sight of the road. Makes no sense for her to do that if she walked away from it all <RSBM>

I still remember how much time we spent discussing this early on in the investigation. The van was obviously parked where it WOULD be seen. But why, by whom, and when. I finally came to the conclusion that it was parked there near the tree line so that it would remain hidden in the shadows of the trees during the morning. Then by late morning, when the sun would be up and glaring off the white van it would become visible. But to keep someone from seeing the van until late morning it would really need to be parked there before 6:30 am because someone driving across the field to the tree line would be so apparent. It was after all becoming light and the headlights would've added to the visiblity. And that's basically why I don't believe Sara parked it there, especially not at 6:30. So I believe it was parked there during the dead of night

That leaves us with by whom? Maybe someone else has some thoughts.

If there was a reason that she felt like she had to leave anonymously -- I can't imagine one in this case, but hypothesizing there is one -- it would make sense if she met someone who gave her a ride (to public transportation, to another location), and she met them there and parked the van where it would be found and returned to her father.

What about money? Did she have a bank account? If not,can her expenses be accounted for,I mean did she have money hidden for use later on? Was she "spender" and broke by payday? You need money to move away,was any personal items missing from home? If negative, I can't see her deciding to walk away...Btw,what was written about her relationship with her mom or the reason for her leaving TX. ?

What about money? Did she have a bank account? If not,can her expenses be accounted for,I mean did she have money hidden for use later on? Was she "spender" and broke by payday? You need money to move away,was any personal items missing from home? If negative, I can't see her deciding to walk away...Btw,what was written about her relationship with her mom or the reason for her leaving TX. ?

I don't think we've heard anything about either the financial situation or the relationship with her mother. There's been some speculation but nothing definitive that I'm aware of. The personality portrayed by friends and her family on her mother's side seems to be of a confident young woman who wouldn't have any issues about saying she wanted to leave if that's how she felt. She does not seem like the kind to skip out. But that's not definitive either, just my interpretation, y'know?

addendum: there was some speculation that she might have been planning to go to college in NC. But again, just speculation as far as I know.

Hmmm, thinking she did not leave voluntarily. Chelsea Bruck (same state as myself) family, was posting non stop for distribution of flyers, searching, relentless working trying to find her. Not seeing that in this case. So sad. Hope you are found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeSpice