Found Deceased NC - Sarah Hill, 33, Blue Hollow Road, Mount Airy, Surry County, 6 Jun 2018 *found in 2022*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

cybervampira

Reaction score
Missing woman’s family seeks answers | Mt. Airy News

It was at 1:30 a.m. on that date when Sarah Hill, 33, used her cell phone to call her older sister, April Hill Cain, a registered nurse at Hugh Chatham Memorial Hospital in Elkin.

Hill told Cain, who works third shift at the hospital, that she needed a ride, while not explaining why she was on foot on Blue Hollow Road or providing any other details except that “my phone’s going to die.” Cain was assigned to the Intensive Care Unit that night — which would itself prove to be a critical factor.

“Being a nurse and working in ICU, I couldn’t just up and leave,” Cain said in an interview just before Christmas.

After talking to Hill on the phone, Cain assumed she had gotten a ride elsewhere or maybe found a way to access her own car, a white 2000 Ford Taurus.

“We know she had that car — I’m not sure why she called me that night needing a ride on foot.”

The day after she last spoke with her sister, Cain tried to reach Hill on her cell phone, leaving voice-mails and messaging her. Attempts at social media contacts also went unanswered.

When calling Hill, Cain would get recordings saying the customer she was seeking could not be reached, which indicated that the service might have been cut off or there was some other problem with the telephone.

Hill, the second-youngest of Cain’s siblings, had worked for a few weeks at the welding business of her brother James before she went missing.

After her disappearance, the white Ford Taurus turned up at a store on N.C. 89 near the Blue Hollow Road intersection. It was caught on video footage the store owner obtained while trying to catch shoplifters. But Hill was not identified among any of the individuals suspected of wrongdoing there.

The trail further has led to Stokes County, where Hill had been “hanging out with a guy,” Cain said. That person of interest has acted suspiciously, including refusing access to his home. Cain said she has heard that the man previously was charged with rape.

upload_2018-12-26_18-33-18.jpegupload_2018-12-26_18-25-5.jpeg

Sarah Ashley Hill is described as 5 feet, 8 inches tall, weighing 130 pounds, with blue eyes and red hair that has been long in the past but was short when she went missing. She has pierced ears, a scorpion tattoo around her belly button, a rose tattoo on the inside of the left thigh and a butterfly tattoo on her shoulder. Anyone with information about Hill’s disappearance is asked to contact the Patrick County Sheriff’s Office or local authorities.

Sheriff gives update on searches
DOBSON — The disappearance of multiple people from this area sparked a sit-in at the headquarters for the Surry County Sheriff’s Office Monday.

A group called the Aware Foundation, based in Roanoke, Virginia, posted on Facebook Sunday that it was holding a gathering at Starbucks on Rockford Street that afternoon to discuss missing persons.

Those who attended the gathering spoke to a Piedmont TV station and mentioned four names of people either still missing or being investigated after going missing: Michael Martin, Sarah Hill, Jessica Stanley and James Huff.

The Mount Airy News published a story last week on Hill, a Patrick County, Virginia, resident missing since June, but possibly in Surry County when last speaking to her sister.

Families Of Loved Ones Who Have Disappeared In Surry County Demanding Answers and Action
December 30, 2018

bfe7da75-d2b1-4319-8cc0-0ffc49ec1417_360x203.jpg

“Families in Surry County say there's a disturbing trend of people vanishing without a trace and they want answers.

Michael Martin. Sarah Hill. Jessica Stanley. James Huff are four who family members say are either missing, or their deaths are being investigated.“

Snip

“Sarah Hill has been missing since June. She was last seen on Blue Hollow Road in Mount Airy.

Another woman from Surry County, Jessica Stanley, was found dead in Virginia on August 23rd“

—-checking to see if Jessica has a thread here. Also Michael Martin aND James Huff.

ETA:

NC - NC - James Roger Huff, 57, Surry County, 28 April 2007

I am not seeing a thread for Michael Martin?

ETA: I created a thread for Michael here:
NC - NC - Michael Martin, 35, Surry County, 18 Aug 2018.

Last edited:
“Although hope is hard to find these families dig deep every day and find a glimmer. Sometimes, in the smallest form.

"I have a picture of her and even this week I found a pair of earrings that she would love and she would look so good in. I put those earrings in front of her picture knowing that, hoping -- and feeling confident that she's going to come back to us and she cant wear those earrings," said Thelma Pack, Sarah Hill's mother.“

Families Of Loved Ones Who Have Disappeared In Surry County Demanding Answers and Action

Investigators dig in Surry County in search for missing Virginia woman

Seven months after a woman went missing, investigators dug in Surry County to search for leads.

33-year-old Sarah Ashley Hill, of Ararat, Virginia, has been missing since June 6. The Patrick County Sheriff’s Office in Virginia believes Hill was last contacted by Facebook Messenger early that date.

On Friday, officials continued to search for the missing woman.

The Surry County Sheriff’s Office, with the help of PCSO and the North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation, searched three different properties in King Park Circle near Mount Airy.

Officials brought in specialized canines and used heavy equipment to move dirt and terrain.

[...]

December 30, 2018

bfe7da75-d2b1-4319-8cc0-0ffc49ec1417_360x203.jpg

“Families in Surry County say there's a disturbing trend of people vanishing without a trace and they want answers.

Michael Martin. Sarah Hill. Jessica Stanley. James Huff are four who family members say are either missing, or their deaths are being investigated.“

Snip

“Sarah Hill has been missing since June. She was last seen on Blue Hollow Road in Mount Airy.

Another woman from Surry County, Jessica Stanley, was found dead in Virginia on August 23rd“

—-checking to see if Jessica has a thread here. Also Michael Martin aND James Huff.

ETA:

NC - NC - James Roger Huff, 57, Surry County, 28 April 2007

I am not seeing a thread for Michael Martin?

ETA: I created a thread for Michael here:
NC - NC - Michael Martin, 35, Surry County, 18 Aug 2018.

I lived in Mt. Airy for a few years. It has the reputation for being a quaint “Mayberry”. While there is certainly that aspect there, it can be dangerous. I lived just up the block from a really bad part of town. At our townhouse, you’d think it was a great area. You can be in a shifty area in no time. There’s a large drug culture, as in many places. Shootings. My neighbor was almost stabbed to death by 2 guys in his apartment and we luckily heard it and dialed 911. I was offered drugs several times just walking my dog. It surprised me. It’s too easy to buy into the “Mayberry” hype and let your guard down. I hope she’s found safe soon. This is all MOO and personal observations.

MAR 2, 2019
Candlelight vigil shines light on missing | Mt. Airy News
A group of people who call themselves “Missing in Mayberry” held a candlelight vigil here Saturday at sundown to draw awareness to missing loved ones.

Thelma Pack, the mother of Sarah Hill who has been missing since June 6, said, “We’re here to let the police departments know that we’re not giving up, that we are not happy with the way they are staying in touch with us, and with what they are doing.”

Capt. Scott Hudson of the Surry County Sheriff’s Department arrived as the event was breaking up, saying Sheriff Hiatt had a conflict and wasn’t able to attend.

“We don’t release questions about ongoing investigations,” said Hudson. “Some of the families had questions, but with ongoing investigations, we speak directly with families. I spoke to Mrs. Martin.”

Hudson said that in response to complaints from family members about lack of communication from the Sheriff’s Department, “The biggest thing is we have to limit the information we release because it could damage the investigation. We don’t want anything to tarnish the investigation.”

Yeah, but over 6 months missing? I think they should be releasing more info.

And to the poster who mentioned earlier about the "Mayberry" vibe, my husband and I visited there last year to tour the Andy Griffith museum and the quaint little town. It was beautiful. Later that night, we were walking along the riverwalk, and found a burnt spoon someone had been using for drugs. Definitely a pervasive drug culture there, and I was only visiting for a weekend. Wonder if Sarah was a user or hung out with anyone in the drug scene? Also, very disturbing the man she connected with had been suspected of rape.

Yeah, but over 6 months missing? I think they should be releasing more info.

And to the poster who mentioned earlier about the "Mayberry" vibe, my husband and I visited there last year to tour the Andy Griffith museum and the quaint little town. It was beautiful. Later that night, we were walking along the riverwalk, and found a burnt spoon someone had been using for drugs. Definitely a pervasive drug culture there, and I was only visiting for a weekend. Wonder if Sarah was a user or hung out with anyone in the drug scene? Also, very disturbing the man she connected with had been suspected of rape.

I was quite shocked when I moved to “Mayberry”. If you walked 2 blocks up from our townhouse, you were on Main Street Mt Airy, with all the quaintness. If you walked a block the other direction, there was a lot of drugs and violence going on. It was like 2 different worlds mere streets apart. It would be super easy to find yourself toe to toe with a nefarious person. I pray Sarah is found, as well as the others. jmo & experience.

One year...the family is assisting with organizing a vigil for overdose victims.

....SBM

The family of Sarah Hill, a Surry County woman who is missing, is also organizing Saturday’s event.

Patrick County Sheriff Dan Smith confirms 34-year-old Sarah Ashley Hill of Ararat was last contacted via Facebook Messenger in the early hours of June 6, 2018.

Hill is 5’10”, 130-140 lbs. She has blue eyes and red hair. She has four siblings.

In recent months, law enforcement members conducted searches in Surry County and Stokes County, but couldn’t find her. Family members say they never thought Hill would go missing. They also say Hill struggled with substance abuse at times.

The sheriff urges anyone with information on Hill’s location to contact him confidentially at (276) 692-7012.

“It’s very hard. Some days are a little better than others. Most days are very tough because I can see the smallest things and think about her. I have dreams about her. Last night I had a dream that she was home and she was fine. I’m praying that’s the case. Unfortunately, since I have not heard from her in so long, a year this week, I feel like that is not going to be the case. Some days are a lot harder. This week is a tough week,” said April Cain, Sarah Hill’s sister.

Thursday marks one year since Hill was last seen.

“I want to make sure that people are aware that she is still missing and it’s been a year. I want people to know that there are other people missing,” Cain said.

Vigil planned to raise awareness for overdose victims and missing people in Surry County

Sarah Ashley Hill – The Charley Project

Details of Disappearance
Hill was last seen near Mount Airy, Virginia on June 6, 2018. She called her older sister and said she was on foot on Blue Hollow Ride and needed a ride, and that her phone was about to die. Hill's sister was working that night and unable to come to her. Hill has never been heard from again. After her disappearance, her white Ford Taurus was found at a store on N.C. 89 near the Blue Hollow Road intersection.

Hill's last known address was in Patrick County, Virginia; she had also been staying off and on with friends in North Carolina. She also has friends in West Virginia, but when contacted they said they had no idea where she was and had been unaware she was even missing. Her case remains unsolved.

Investigations continue into missing Mount Airy woman last seen in 2018

Published: 9:36 PM EDT July 22, 2020
An investigation is continuing... Hill has been missing since June 6, 2018...
the Surry County Sheriff’s Office along with other agencies reported to King Park Circle in Mount Airy, NC in reference to the investigation
...the follow-up was conducted to get information, evidence, and any other leads .

I lived in Mt. Airy for a few years. It has the reputation for being a quaint “Mayberry”. While there is certainly that aspect there, it can be dangerous. I lived just up the block from a really bad part of town. At our townhouse, you’d think it was a great area. You can be in a shifty area in no time. There’s a large drug culture, as in many places. Shootings. My neighbor was almost stabbed to death by 2 guys in his apartment and we luckily heard it and dialed 911. I was offered drugs several times just walking my dog. It surprised me. It’s too easy to buy into the “Mayberry” hype and let your guard down. I hope she’s found safe soon. This is all MOO and personal observations.

I am still living in Mt.Airy been here for 12 years and you are right, that "Mayberry" way of thinking is just that, thinking. I have been following this case since she went missing. They recently did another dig in the same area and nothing was found, I suspect that someone knows something and has been talking to the police, they are digging in the same area each time. Someone knows something.

I have no idea, but they did another dig in the same area as the first dig. They found nothing. Someone knows something and apparently someone has been talking because why would they know the area to be digging?
Missing woman case takes new turn | Mt. Airy News
2 Aug 2020
An investigation surrounding a 33-year-old woman who went missing more than two years ago is drawing renewed interest from the Surry County Sheriff’s Office and other law enforcement agencies.

The Surry Sheriff’s Office issued a statement on July 22 that it, ... had converged on King Park Circle regarding a follow-up investigation on the missing person. One source familiar with the case reported that the most recent activities involved another digging effort, sparked by a new tip being received by authorities. Capt. Scott Hudson ...said... probe “was in the same general area” as the search in January 2019.

There are 3 images attached to Sarah's profile. I can't seem to get the photos to load.

NamUs #MP71946 Sarah Ashley Hill

Circumstances of Disappearance - Disappeared on 6/06/2018 from Blue Hollow Road, Mount Airy, NC 27030

Height 5' 9" - 5' 11" (69 - 71 Inches)
Weight 160 lbs
Race / Ethnicity White / Caucasian
Hair Color Red/Auburn
Head Hair Description Hair was short at time of disappearance
Eye Color Blue
Tattoos: Scorpion around her belly button. Rose on inside of her left thigh. Butterfly on the shoulder. Tattoo on back, this may mean the one on shoulder.
Jewelry - she had pierced ears

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daisy82504
Back