NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, 11/10/09 TRIAL THREAD

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hello, all. I can't believe this trial is finally about to start.

I get so sick to my stomach when I see a pic or a vid of MAM. I actually have a physical reaction.

Please, please, please let this get the death penalty! :please::please::please:

Hello, all. I can't believe this trial is finally about to start.

I get so sick to my stomach when I see a pic or a vid of MAM. I actually have a physical reaction.

Please, please, please let this get the death penalty! :please::please::please:

I am stupidly superstitious about trials/verdicts [wonder why - doh - we'll never forget CA in FL,will we?], but I think in this case, if there is a G murder 1st verdict, the chances of a DP penalty will be pretty high. The jury should be DP-qualified, and this is absolutely a DP-worthy crime.

Let's watch that smirk to see how long it lasts....

And let's watch to see if Shaniya's ~mother~ testifies in a way that will show that MAM indeed did kill her with intent to kill her. AD was going to have to give her back to SD's father, and the little angel would have been, I can't even hardly say it, damaged such that it would implicate them anyway, so they took a gamble, and it didn't quite work out for anybody.

But who, dear God, was the biggest loser? But she is smiling and happy now, knowing all harm is way below her and she will never ever know it again. And she knows The One who loves the little children. This I know for the Bible tells me so. JMHO

Is this going to be aired live or just via tweets? Thanks!

Its not going to be aired as far as I know Cherry.

Michael Futch ‏@FO_Futch 3m
Trial to resume w/ motions hearing. Judge Jim Ammons to rule on what could be key evidence in #ShaniyaDavis case.

* I'm adding new tweets to the top of the list as they're tweeted *

Michael Futch ‏@FO_Futch 58s
Judge Jim Ammons rules that information is relevant in #ShaniyaDavis case.

Nicole Carr ‏@NicoleCarrABC11 2m
Turns out McNeill's 1st def.team told PD where to find #ShaniyaDavis body in exch. for deal to avoid death judge says never existed

Michael Futch ‏@FO_Futch 7m
But cannot say it came from defendant Mario McNeill but rather his attorneys

Michael Futch ‏@FO_Futch 1m
Ammons rules that state can use evidence in opening statements that police received infornation on where to find #ShaniyaDavis body

Fort Bragg NC Patch ‏@FortBraggPatch 53s
Court in recess for 15 min. Before opening statements begin in Mario McNeill trial

Brandon H. Herring ‏@bhherring 43s
Judge also says McNeill told his attorneys where the body was with expectation it would be shared to help find body - no attorney privilege.

Nicole Carr ‏@NicoleCarrABC11 1m
#breaking: Judge rules the state can talk abt McNeill lawyers telling PD where to find #ShaniyaDavis body in opening statements

Brandon H. Herring ‏@bhherring 49s
Judge says info came directly from defense counsel that was effective & info was not given for deal. He'll allow the info.

Brandon H. Herring ‏@bhherring 11m
Apparently the info that McNeill led investigators to the body would also come up in testimony. (To be expected I suppose.),

State (DA West):To say it's not relevant (McNeill knowing where #ShaniyaDavis body was),I don't even have to address."

Brandon H. Herring ‏@bhherring 1m
Defense: info should be suppressed b/c McNeill's 1st attorney was ineffective & info was given as plea offer to avoid death.

Remember-prior to plea offer on April 8th, def.,McNeill's 1st lawyer says there was implication of deal by PD in 2009

Brandon H. Herring ‏@bhherring 2m
The state wants to tell the jury that McNeill led investigators to the body of #ShaniyaDavis Defense says it should not be allowed.

Brandon H. Herring ‏@bhherring 4m
First, there's a hearing about whether to allow certain info in the state's opening statement.

Nicole Carr ‏@NicoleCarrABC11 2m
Def citing 2009 reasons-ineffective assist of counsel,client-attorney privilege, belief McNeill would avoid death pen. #ShaniyaDavis

Brandon H. Herring ‏@bhherring 3m
I'm back in court today for the trial of Mario McNeill. We fully expect opening statements today. #ShaniyaDavis #Fayetteville

Nicole Carr ‏@NicoleCarrABC11 5m
Defense now arguing why fact that McNeill led investigators to #ShaniyaDavis body should be kept from jury #ABC11

Nicole Carr ‏@NicoleCarrABC11 3m
Judge denies defense's last minute request to continue trial. Jury is about to come in

Michael Futch ‏@FO_Futch 1m
Jury led in to start evidence portion of #ShaniyaDavis case.

Thanks for the tweets cheese!
You are appreciated.

Brandon H. Herring ‏@bhherring 2m
The jury is now in the box receiving instructions from the judge. Opening statements should begin soon.

Fayetteville, N.C. — A Superior Court judge ruled Monday prosecutors can tell jurors that attorneys for Mario Andrette McNeill tipped off Fayetteville police in 2009 as to where to find the body of a missing 5-year-old girl.

Prosecutors wanted to tell the eight-man, four-woman jury in opening statements Monday that McNeill led police to Shaniya's body, but defense attorneys said that would violate attorney-client privilege. They argued that McNeill provided information based on his original attorney's advice that prosecutors had agreed not to seek the death penalty if he cooperated.

Prosecutors denied there was any deal, and Superior Court Judge Jim Ammons ruled that McNeill waived his attorney-client privilege by giving police a statement.

Still, Ammons told prosecutors that they could say only that McNeill's attorneys provided the information as to where Shaniya's body was. Witnesses can later testify as to what the attorneys said, the judge ruled.

you guys rock, keep those updates coming.

well even if that happens, they aren't going to suppress that video!

I'm going out to run errands and have a nice long relaxing delicious lunch, so I won't be updating for a while. I'm so upset I'm going to miss this for a while. I've been waiting for this trial for so long. Prayers for justice for Shaniya :heartbeat:

Brandon H. Herring ‏@bhherring 3m
Just FYI, judge asks that tweets wait 'til recesses... State told jury there's cell phone & DNA evidence linking McNeill to

Nicole Carr ‏@NicoleCarrABC11 3m
Opening statements by state just wrapped. 20 minute break. Will give details soon.

Brandon H. Herring ‏@bhherring 18m
The state's opening statement has just begun...

I read on somebody's tweet that a pubic hair from McNeill was found on a comforter in the Sanford hotel where he was seen enterring with Shaniya.

As an aside for locals here, also listening to the Raven Abaroa trial in Durham, life. Defense mentioned websleuths a couple times in opening statement. Something about 'websleuths, an online forum, keeping track of every move of Raven Abaroa after the murder of his wife, Janet.'

https://twitter.com/search?q=#ShaniyaDavis&src=typd

Michael Futch ‏@FO_Futch 18m
District Attorney Billy West makes strong case for state in opening statement in #ShaniyaDavis case, including evidence of

Michael Futch ‏@FO_Futch 13m
defendant McNeill pubic hair found on comforter in Sanford hotel where he acknowledges taking her. He says did not hurt her

Brandon H. Herring ‏@bhherring 32m
Just FYI, judge asks that tweets wait 'til recesses... State told jury there's cell phone & DNA evidence linking McNeill to #ShainyaDavis

Brandon H. Herring ‏@bhherring 1m
Defense statement is finished. State has called 1st witness, the aunt of #ShaniyaDavis - Brenda Davis

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hiyaworld
Back