NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, 11/10/09 TRIAL THREAD

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Channel 11 LIVE right now, the only count 'not guilty', rape of a child. Sentencing hearing to begain 9:30 a.m. Tuesday, for sentencing hearing.

Nicole Carr ‏@NicoleCarrABC11 1m

#Breaking details on the verdict on a live report next at 4
#ShaniyaDavis #ABC11

You know what REALLY annoys me?!
People on twitter who are trying to shame the media for not covering Shaniya's case...
Yet not KNOWING the case!

@VinniePolitan She has a name " Shaniya Davis" !! Her mother can't HUG her ever again !! Shame on HLN

WHAT?!?! :facepalm:
Research a case before you say stupid things like that people, please.
A quick google search of Shaniya's name would have told them that the mother wasn't mourning here.
Good thing I don't tweet huh.

Of course MAM is calm. He doesnt care. With one exception-he doesnt want to be known as a child rapist, imvho.

Bio-mom had better pay attention. IMO it was very important for him to be convicted of the kidnapping and the sex trafficking. She is going down the very same road, imo. She had better BEG for a deal LWOP.

Paul Woolverton ‏@FO_Woolverton 31s

Jury in #ShaniyaDavis case to return Tuesday to hear evidence on whether Mario McNeill should get death sentence for Shaniya's murder

FayObserver.com ‏@fayobserver 1m

#ShaniyaDavis: Ammons tells jury enjoy weekend "as best you can put it out of mind"

FayObserver.com ‏@fayobserver 26s

#ShaniyaDavis: Judge Ammons tells jury to be careful. Try to enjoy weekend or work. They cannot be exposed to anything from trial while away

FayObserver.com ‏@fayobserver 15s

#ShaniyaDavis: Judge Ammons denies defense move to set aside verdict.

Motion for life without parole also denied.

So pleased he got found guilty of murder and he'll never be free again! I feel quite emotional now, this has been a long time coming!

Rest in peace, Shaniya.

McNeill found guilty of first-degree murder

McNeill was found not guilty of first-degree rape of a child, but guilty of first-degree kidnapping, human trafficking with a child victim, sexual servitude with a child victim, sexual offense of a child and indecent liberties with a child charges. He could get the death penalty during the sentencing phase of his trial.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=9113490

FayObserver.com ‏@fayobserver 35s

#ShaniyaDavis: Judge asks teams to relax and think about it anything they need to discuss today. Defense team talking to Mario McNeill.

FayObserver.com ‏@fayobserver 44s

#ShaniyaDavis: Court adjourned until 9:30 a.m. Tuesday

McNeill was found not guilty of first-degree rape of a child, but guilty of first-degree kidnapping, human trafficking with a child victim, sexual servitude with a child victim, sexual offense of a child, and indecent liberties with a child charges. He could get the death penalty during the sentencing phase of his trial.

http://greenvillenewschannel.com/in...tml&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

This seems clearer. He was still found guilty of other sexual offenses, just not 1st degree rape. I can live with that. Still not sure if the above is correct given the varied reports regarding the kidnap charge.

It's a great verdict I think. DT will argue it, but MAM is lucky. Very Very lucky.

I want to thank the sleuthers and guests who are here to honor Shaniya. We can give her the dignity and the attention the media chooses not to.

So when is trial #2? How much recuperation time do we have before that?

Oh my God I hit submit on a post, and my whole internet went out. What a time for it to go down!

I want to thank the sleuthers and guests who are here to honor Shaniya. We can give her the dignity and the attention the media chooses not to.

And we can do it while getting the details of the case right!
Like Shaniya's age... and the people involved in her death.

And we can also thank the media who DID cover it. :seeya:

I feel so emotional. I need to step outside and have a good cry.

Thank you all who have been on this long journey with me. I love you all for loving Shainya enough to keep her light on til justice was finally hers.

1 down 1 to go
Justice for Shaniya!!

shaniya.jpg

I just got home from the Dr's and was worrying the whole time about this verdict. Praise God this jury got it right and bless those jurors. Justice for sweet Shaniya is half way there and I hope they both meet their maker sooner rather than later.

Shaniya, you have touched all of our hearts and you will never be forgotten sweetheart.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeMi2019
Back