Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I'm not doing this again tonight.
I could go on and on about this not being dad's fault or aunt's fault.
But I won't. I've stated my stand on it and that will be that.

I'm with you...I'm actuall confused as to how this even became a discussion. Hind sight is always 20/20.

The truth will come out in this case eventually - I have total faith in that. But, what I can't come to terms with is how easy it is for something like this to happen to the children in our nation/world. In the blink of an eye, even the sweet angels who have lived a protected and cared for life can be exposed to something so horrible that leads to their death. It just seems almost inconceivable, and if I didn't read about it over and over on this forum, I wouldn't have believed it.

We keep hoping that with each case, things will change and something will happen either in our judicial system or CPS system to prevent these occurrences.

Seriously, what will it take?

We can make the streets safer by enforcing the laws that we have, make them harsher (including capital punishment for rape of a child), and stopping this assanine approach of releasing people we have labeled "likely to reoffend".

When the danger is inside your own home... I don't know how you protect a child from their own parent. Aside from taking the ones that are being neglected and moving away from this keep the family together at all costs (well some costs are too freaking high), prosecuting parents who allow some yahoo abuse their child because they don't want to be alone, there is very little that can be done to protect a child who has a parent who proactively wants to harm them.

Re the date. The Dad said today in his PC that she went to her Mom's on OCT 9

Updated

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6435879/

"DSS looked at Davis with regard to her 7-year-old son, not Shaniya, according to her uncle, Michael Davis. The case was closed, and Antoinette Davis was able to retain custody of the boy, her uncle said."

"Cumberland County Schools officials said Shaniya was a kindergarten student at Morganton Road Elementary School until mid-October, when she was taken out of the school and wasn't enrolled elsewhere."

"According to court records, Lockhart has five other children with three women. He has had custody and child support disputes involving several of the children, but there was no record of any disputes involving Shaniya or Antoinette Davis."

Asking questions about huge discrepancies in the timelines and stories of people, all people, involved with Shaniya isn't bashing.
Attacking the father's character in one thing, and I don't condone it, and I haven't seen much of it. But, in reality, his stories do not match up with each other, they don't even come close to matching up with the stories of the other adults in Shaniya's life.
That is worth looking into, imo.

I show my respect by dedicating my time to trying to find out exactly what happened to his child. Sorry, but respect has never cracked a case.

They arrested someone else for kidnapping (Coe) with what looks like no evidence, just the word of someone else (the mother) according to police.

I think at the time she was still considered the mother of a missing child, who claimed to know who took her.

The truth will come out in this case eventually - I have total faith in that. But, what I can't come to terms with is how easy it is for something like this to happen to the children in our nation/world. In the blink of an eye, even the sweet angels who have lived a protected and cared for life can be exposed to something so horrible that leads to their death. It just seems almost inconceivable, and if I didn't read about it over and over on this forum, I wouldn't have believed it.

We keep hoping that with each case, things will change and something will happen either in our judicial system or CPS system to prevent these occurrences.

Seriously, what will it take?

Hey there and thanks for your comments. In thinking of your question what comes to my mind is , yes, maybe some things in the 2 systems you mentioned would help in some ways but , to me, they can't "cure" the problem. I may be totally wrong but it seems that the larger issue is what is going on in the hearts and minds of the people who can do these terrible things? It is the things PEOPLE DO that overload and overwhelm the judicial system , etc. How do we change the hearts and minds?

Updated

"DSS looked at Davis with regard to her 7-year-old son, not Shaniya, according to her uncle, Michael Davis. The case was closed, and Antoinette Davis was able to retain custody of the boy, her uncle said."

"Cumberland County Schools officials said Shaniya was a kindergarten student at Morganton Road Elementary School until mid-October, when she was taken out of the school and wasn't enrolled elsewhere."

"According to court records, Lockhart has five other children with three women. He has had custody and child support disputes involving several of the children, but there was no record of any disputes involving Shaniya or Antoinette Davis."

wow....interesting....thanks for posting this....

ooops...forgot to ask....is kindergarten mandatory in Cumberland Co.?

I got a question and don't bash me I am just wondering. I seen in the last video with the father that they are setting up a memorial fund in Shaniya name, what will that money go for, they didn't really say.

I have no idea...

I for one get tired of the too familiar routine...

tragedy...tie a ribbon...buy a bear and let it rot outside
light a candle...and say where to send money to the "family"

start a fund, start yet another "charity" ....

what we need are laws with teeth...enforcement of laws...
state child care workers that are empowered

rather than more ragtag often self serving "foundations" and "funds" we need a national clearing house that can get things done
a clearing house that will give out money and and help as needed, where needed, when needed

we need more things like the "truckers channel" that Mark Klass is working for....have you all written a letter for that??

we need some agencies where a family like Shaynia's could go to get some quick legal help....kids are dying...enough of the sob sister bs

we need to protect the kids...not wallow around

I think we need some national agencies that are willing to get out there and make it happen
lobby....get politicans involved..sponsor bills...
set up taskforces

there should be some sort of "emergency" taskforce when people know a child is in danger as Shaynia was

I think some ...a very rare few....people touched by tragedy are capable of running a foundation...Mark Klass seems to be one
I also admire Mark Lundsford for Jessica's Law

however, let's not forget the Anthony's also had a "foundation" and were trolling for money any way they could get it

I can't figure out which October date is right, but I think the aunt took her to momster's for the weekend. On Sunday momster told her she'd never see Shaniya again. The aunt called Dad. Aunt's hands are tied... Dad is out of state. Dad calls momster to see what's going on and momster tells him she wants to keep Shaniya longer. He gives her the OK.

Ya, something like that.

I don't believe they were "helpless" legally...

how did they enroll her at school??? They had some sort of guardianship regarding the school...

why not have the school system go to the trailer??

why not be on the phone...park out in front of the trailer....send in the social workers,
call the drug squad...call Antoinettes job...call the parole officers of the 2 felons

get lic tags...

some action may have stopped the nasty little troop of perverted druggies

sitting back and expecting the best?? thanks but no thanks

such passive kindness is not what is needed when a child is endangered
why not go there...on any pretense...with clothes...toys....whatever...get in there and see her?? did anyone speak to her on the phone?? apparently the social workers had been involved before..involve them again

maybe some "action" would have stopped the worst plans of this horrible group of people...I am sorry I just don't buy it

I am sure that the family is hurting...but Shaynia is dead and she hurt much worse
and like it or not...it might have been preventable...or at least if they attempted to prevent it they could hold onto that fact

maybe it is a good lesson to others....spend a bit of that money that went on fairy princess outfits and professional photos to hire a professional lawyer....get your ducks in order

even the half sister knew that Shaynia's birth mother had a drug problem

the school thing really bothers me too....did they just "give up" and withdraw Shaynia from school....??? I can't believe they would give up on her so quickly and easily

I imagine that baby came home some weekends from Moms house and there was no previous complaint by the child that she had been sexually harmed in any way. (father said she did get the baby sometimes on a weekend)
so the Lockheart family had no way of knowing that this could even be a small possibility. I do not think the baby had been hurt before, or she would not have been sent to her mom again.

Also, I don't understand the timeline. AD last saw Shaniya at 5:30 (she says). What time did she notice her missing, exactly, according to her story? On the 911 call she says she looked everywhere on one end of the trailer park. Well, when did she do that?

What's weird is that on the one hand it doesn't make sense for her to call 911 so quickly if she knew what was going on, but on the other hand, she chooses to say 5:30 as time last seen, and it makes sense that that's about when MAM would have left w/Shaniya to get to the hotel and be checked in at 6:11. Was she savvy enough to think of the trailer parks surveillance cameras?

Too bad we can't know what any other adults in the trailer told LE.

Forgive me if these are ideas already discussed. I tried to keep current with the threads but sometimes miss things.

Updated

I wonder who took her out of school and I wonder how that jives with the aunts 2 day visit story.

Updated

Thanks for this info

I wish someone from Fayetteville would say...where is this school?? Is it near the dad's house or near "Sleepy Hollow" trailer park??

I feel it is near the dad's....he/aunt enrolled her..and someone (who?) took her "out"?? why? how??

also...how could they even enroll her without some form of guarianship papers?? You can't just walk in a school with a kid and enroll them without some papers/proof etc

Please...anyone from around there?? thanks

Personally, I think part of the solution is state welfare workers with less power. Less power to decide what constitutes a danger. Very strict set guidelines for what they have to see to remove a kid.
Seems when a worker makes a judgement call, a kid dies. (Not this case, but many many others.)
Let's eliminate the judgement calls.

They arrested someone else for kidnapping (Coe) with what looks like no evidence, just the word of someone else (the mother) according to police.

I am stuck at school working on this assignment that will never end but is due tomorrow, ugh. I am trying to read and catch up on whats going on.

I have been wondering what evidence they have that indicates the Mom sold the child....and I really hope that she did not do this. I keep thinking that they arrested Coe with no evidence so maybe MAM is blaming the mother? I hope....

In the video it states that Davis withdrew her from school, it is after the 2 minute mark.

Without paperwork showing custody?
Someone had to have custody of this child to take her to the doctor, enroll her in school, to get her insurance.
So, legally, who had rights to this kid?
Anybody?

I have no idea...

I for one get tired of the too familiar routine...

tragedy...tie a ribbon...buy a bear and let it rot outside
light a candle...and say where to send money to the "family"

start a fund, start yet another "charity" ....

what we need are laws with teeth...enforcement of laws...
state child care workers that are empowered

rather than more ragtag often self serving "foundations" and "funds" we need a national clearing house that can get things done
a clearing house that will give out money and and help as needed, where needed, when needed

we need more things like the "truckers channel" that Mark Klass is working for....have you all written a letter for that??

we need some agencies where a family like Shaynia's could go to get some quick legal help....kids are dying...enough of the sob sister bs

we need to protect the kids...not wallow around

I think we need some national agencies that are willing to get out there and make it happen
lobby....get politicans involved..sponsor bills...
set up taskforces

there should be some sort of "emergency" taskforce when people know a child is in danger as Shaynia was

I think some ...a very rare few....people touched by tragedy are capable of running a foundation...Mark Klass seems to be one
I also admire Mark Lundsford for Jessica's Law

however, let's not forget the Anthony's also had a "foundation" and were trolling for money any way they could get it

OOOOh OUCH, with a big smile!!! Said so well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3