NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me take a stab at the kidnapping charge.

Purchasing a child is as illegal as selling one, and either way custody would have been given to McNeill with no legal backing. If they have evidence that AD received some kind of compensation for Shaniya and MAM provided that compensation, then even so much as moving Shaniya from the trailer to the car would have been kidnapping, right? Both accused parties were moving (trafficking) a child while committing criminal acts.

Or, perhaps AD admitted that she "sold" Shaniya to McNeill, but she assumed that those acts would occur in the home (hence moving her to the couch) and since she is the biological mother and reported her missing, McNeill can still be charged with kidnapping, because AD is denying she gave permission for Shaniya to be taken elsewhere. "I just said he would rape my child, not take her outside! What do you take me for??"

Awful.

Anyway, I think the charges can all exist with each other, and as far as I'm aware, the human trafficking charge isn't contigent on Shaniya ever being taken outside that trailer. It's about trafficking sex, not the person necessarily, right?

when you withdraw a child from school for whatever reason doesnt the school require the name of the next school to send transcripts and rports. when i moved to another state with my kids they required that info from me. no reports of shaniya being put into another school and why wouldnt the father know or check to see that that had been done.

IMO, I think she started to say "big" blue shirt.

She does say Big. Big Blue shirt with a pause before shirt that sounds like "Bl----"

It was actually big bl------blue shirt.
Forgot the wording...and I'm the one that typed it out. My brain is officially addled.

Should I go dig up the transcription, since we are on the 911 call again?

I just happen to have it handy.

Transcribed 911 Call:

Dispatcher: 911, what is your emergency?
AD: Yes, ma'am. My name is Antionette Davis at 11[inaudible] Sleepy Hollow.
Dispatcher: Ma'am?
AD: My name is Antionette Davis at 1116a Sleepy Hollow.
Dispatcher:I said I'm not getting your address clearly. Can you slow down a little bit, and tell me again?
AD: Yes. 1116a Sleepy Hollow.
Dispatcher:1115a?
AD: 16
Dispatcher: One six?
AD: Yes, ma'am.
Dispatcher: Okay, ma'am, how can I help you?
AD: (Short pause) I woke up this morning and my daughter was not in this house. I don't know if she walked out or...I don't know what's goin on, but she's not here. .
Dispatcher: How old is your daughter?
AD: She's 5.
Dispatcher: 5?
Dispatcher: Okay. What time did you wake up? When did you last see her?
AD: I saw her, uh, at 5:30 last night.
Dispatcher: 5:30 last night? Is that when you put her to bed?
AD: Yes, ma'am. NO, when she went back to bed.
Dispatcher: Okay. That was 5 this morning, is that what your telling me?
Dispatcher: Okay. Um, were there any doors open or anything like that?
AD: She know how to unlock the front door.
Dispatcher: Okay. What is her name?
AD: Shaniya Davis.
Dispatcher: Spell that name for me.
AD: S-h-a-n-i-y-a.
Dispatcher: And she's White, Black or Hispanic.
AD: She's mixed.
Dispatcher: Okay.
AD: She's biracial.
Dispatcher: What was she wearing?
AD: She's wearing a blue, just a big old [inaudible], blue shirt with designs on it, but her hair's out.
Dispatcher: Okay. Did she have on, um, any pants?
AD: She didn't take no shoes, no pants, no nothing. She...
Dispatcher: Did she have on underwear?
AD: Yes, Ma'am.
Dispatcher: Okay. Do you know what color?
AD: They're white, and they got pink, I guess. I can't...I can't really remember. But they like white with pink designs on them.
Dispatcher: Okay. Okay. And you said none of the doors were open?
AD: No, ma'a. They were locked, but she knows how to unlock the front door.
Dispatcher: Was it closed this morning?
AD: Yes, ma'am
Dispatcher: And you said it was about 5:30?
Dispatcher: Okay. Have you checked the neighborhood?
AD: I checked everywhere. I haven't checked the back end of the neighborhood, yet, but I checked the front end. I'm just, I don't know what else to do. I don't know what else to do, I'm so...I'm, I don't know what else to do.
Dispatcher: Are there any more juveniles inside the home?
AD: It's my son, but he's here.
Dispatcher: Okay. And your door was not unlocked, that what you're telling me?
AD: No, it was not unlocked, but I'm telling you, she knows how to unlock it. I was hoping that she didn't unlock it and walked out.
Dispatcher: Okay. What's the number you're calling me from, ma'am?
[redacted]
Dispatcher: Okay. We already got your call in. We're going to get someone out. You said her hair was out?
AD: Yes. It's like a bushy afro.
Dispatcher: How much does she weigh? Do you know?
AD: I don't know, ma'am. I don't remember.
Dispatcher: Okay. Alright, ma'am, just try to um, try to check your home again, and check around the neighborhood again, and if anything changes, call us back. But we already got the call in, and we're going to get someone out as soon as we can, okay?
AD: Alright.
Dispatcher: Alright ma'am. Thank you.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/audio/6439590/

IN MY OPINION, the second inaudible she started to say blanket

omg! thank you for bringing this forward again! It is possible that she wasn't even IN that home that night!

I posted earlier that the homes of both AA and MAM were burglarized right around the time of MAM's arrest. My theory it was either for drugs or getting rid of evidence. I have to hunt for the post.

I hate to be mean, but I think some of you are living in another world and lucky for you. I grew up in the "ghetto" and in our apt building there were only two families who WEREN'T selling drugs or engaged in some illegal activity and they ALL HAD CHILDREN.

Now, I am not saying that this is the norm, but it seemed normal to me at the time. So normal that there were only a few kids I could play with because after going over to their houses and telling my mother what I saw I wasn't allowed to go back over.

I grew up in a drug house. :/ Abused and neglected. If grown azz people want to use/buy/sell/manufacture that is their choice.

KEEP THE KIDS OUT OF THAT GARBAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are going to need a forum for her because things are getting confusing,
I know I read that people had seen her at McNeills resident outside wandering around I will try and find the link and we also know from other neighbors of the area around the MH that they had seen Shaniya outside playing.
For the dogs to have not picked up a scent anywhere ? Even if she was taken out of that home at 5:30 am there would have been some sort of her scent around because they would of had to walk from the MH to a car....

omg! thank you for bringing this forward again! It is possible that she wasn't even IN that home that night!

Maybe Shaniya was moved from hotel/motel to hotel/motel to avoid detection and to present a more favorable atmosphere for the "customers". I hate to even think this, let alone type it. MAM might have borrowed Shaniya that morning they were caught on tape, which would explain the short amount of time at the hotel. Momster might have freaked out because she was being cut out of the action and called police. Once the police were involved, the game was up and the rest is history. What I really really want to know is where was momster's sister during this time. We have heard next to nothing about her and common sense tells me she is up to her neck in all of this. Also, Coe, where was he that morning and what part did he really play in this sick scenario?

Please mods can we get a forum.......to much confusion with initials etc now.......to big of a case!!

Please dont be mad at me but can anyone tell me the color of the blanket found in the trash?

In the beginning I had nothing but sympathy for dad.
Not today!

I realize he didn't kill her. I realize he's suffering...but he alone could have prevented it. If he acted like a DAD, she wouldn't have been sent there. If he respected the child's true "mom", his sister, the woman that loved and nurtured and raised his child, he would have listened to her. The child would be safe with her Aunt today....sitting in her kindergarten class

ITA. The thing is, if only he were up there showing that he "gets it", I'd be more sympathetic.

What bothered me from yesterday and before were comments like, "That's just speculation," "Everyone deserves second chances," "This isn't about me... "

... and the most alarming: "Of course I have regrets, all parents wonder what they could have done differently." :no:

Letting kids ride their bikes without a helmet or forgetting to put on their floaties, are things I've seen parents publicly beat themselves up over, and yet he's still mitigating his clear culpability for - not just cluelessly, but stubbornly, against others' pleas and options - sending his child into what anyone could see was an obvious hell hole and risk.

Bashing isn't the point. The point is learning lessons and, as child advocates, sending the right messages to observers.

It's critical that other parents who might be tempted to do the same see that America is fed up with parents putting their kids in harm's way, and that our reaction will not be to raise them up as protected martyrs as we extend our arms and wallets to ease their pain. They have to know they will be held accountable.

DA^^N!! What if? Maybe this McNeil character had her for days and wouldn't bring her back... possible but why would AD cover for him?
But neighbor heard noise from trash can a few hours before AD made the 911 call. Blanket with Shaniyah's feces was found in trash can. Assuming neighbor is telling the truth, it seems to me she was taken from the trailer in the early hours of November 10th.

But I thought Lockharts sister was taking care of her, why would Tim Allen be asking to take care of her? Day Care? She was in school at least 1/2 a day.

School for elementary kids often gets out between 2:15 and 2:30 in some areas (like where we live). Perhaps they meant daycare after school?

what school should shaniya have been registered at. did she ever get registered at another school. im curious cuz wouldnt that be another crime. shouldnt shaniya have been in school?

But neighbor heard noise from trash can a few hours before AD made the 911 call. Blanket with Shaniyah's feces was found in trash can. Assuming neighbor is telling the truth, it seems to me she was taken from the trailer in the early hours of November 10th.

It has yet to be determined IF it was Shaniya's feces or perhaps the blanket was subjected to the sewer issue in the house.

Would they be able to tell if the feces on the blanket was Shaniyas or it was a combo of other peoples, like from the sewer?

what school should shaniya have been registered at. did she ever get registered at another school. im curious cuz wouldnt that be another crime. shouldnt shaniya have been in school?

Shaniya was enrolled in kindergarten at Morganton Road Elementary School in September. Shaniya was not registered at any other school once she was withdrawn from that school.

http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/11/16/952562

Does anyone know if her 7 year old was living with her in October? and if so was he attending school and where?

Perhaps before making the 911 call, AD/BD/whoever decided to clean up the trailer (think: flush drug paraphernalia). Stops up toilet, overflows. They use blanket to clean up. Gets their act together before making the obligatory 911 call since they knew cops would be coming over.

(^ just another possibility. I still think the blanket had something to do with Shaniya but at this point anything is possible.)

The thing I don't get about the 911 call is: why make it unless AD changed her mind or came out of her stupor and realized what had happened? I thought they had to call because school would know she was absent, etc, so they needed to make their story believable. But if she wasn't re-enrolled anywhere, then why make the call so soon?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
n.zajk0wska