NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, Tricia.

It would be wonderful to give Shaniya her own forum.

I stopped reading/posting/following the Somer Thompson threads because it got so tedious trying to shift through all of those posts coming from so many different directions.

I'm sure the decision of whether or not to start a new forum entails much more than I'm aware of.

Oh, I hear you. I just went to the Somer thread a few minutes ago and people digging up stuff that was sleuthed and posted a month ago as if it were brand new info.

However... having one thread is like having one long conversation, which is kind of nice.

So there's good and bad to having a forum, IMO.

Hi Everyone,

I know you are all chomping at the bit to get a forum going for sweet Shaniya.

When we put a case into its own forum it is because we see the potential for great interest and for the case taking a long time to come to a conclusion. We have to have both of these elements before we give a case a full forum.

Right now we have the Interest. We need to wait a bit and see how it plays out before we assign Shaniya a forum.

It won't be much longer so keep on posting. We will decide soon.

Tricia

Thanks, Tricia. Hopefully, once they charge whomever with murder, we can have our thread. It's great when we're able to have everything organized. Hope all goes well and everyone involved is hung in this case!

Probally alot of things certain people do not want found ......trail leading back to them. If LE was able to get a hold of his computer they would find alot of information such as screen names and such and follow a trail to a much bigger problem I would bet...jmo
Yep. Exactly what I was thinking, especially if MAM was using the computer for "marketing" purposes. And the next day, someone attempted to break into the house where he lived with gf. It sounds to me like MAM wanted evidence removed quickly and hired someone to do it. Maybe the thieves supplied the info that led to his arrest and/or discovery of her body.

ok - oops - I don't think I linked it properly - that website has an article everyone should read

Something tells me that after the first couple of days, Shaniya was banished to the bedroom, and kept there.

That would explain Coe's statement that she was never in the living room, also.

BUT, being that Coe was AD's current boyfriend, when he spent the night, where did they sleep, in the living room??? Shaniya in the bedroom? NOT! Looks to me like Ad and Coe would have a nice soft cozy bed and little Shaniyn was forced to the couch... But, if he said he never saw her in the living room, he never said she was in the bedroom, did he???? :waitasec: Perhaps what he was saying is that she was not even there!

Oh, I hear you. I just went to the Somer thread a few minutes ago and people digging up stuff that was sleuthed and posted a month ago as if it were brand new info.

However... having one thread is like having one long conversation, which is kind of nice.

So there's good and bad to having a forum, IMO.

Totally agree. It's great to have the ongoing dialogue in a general discussion thread. Once Shaniya gets her own forum, we'll have to stick to the topic of each thread's subject title.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6444454/

"In an affidavit for a warrant to search McNeill's 1997 Mitsubishi Galant, investigators said McNeill told them he picked Shaniya up in front of her home and drove her to the hotel. Investigators also said they found feces smeared on the outside door handle of the front door to the home and on the handrail of the steps to the front porch.

Police recovered 11 pieces of trace evidence, such as hair and fibers, from the car, as well as clothes, a belt, a straw, a cell phone and a portable GPS system, according to the search warrant."

I truly hope that gps was plugged in and on. LE will be able to see exactly where he has been on his little trip.

ARe you saying dad would have lost custody to AD?

Yes, at the time he would certainly have. Shaniya was living with her mother from birth to some young age. Shaniya had an older brother (now 7) living with mother. The courts do not take young children away from their mothers.

If he is not on the birth certifcate will he get custody of her remains?

that's a good question. I don't know, but if he is not legally recognized as the father he may not be entitled to them, not sure exactly how the laws in that state work.

Over custody, yes.

"A mother's special bond" and blahblah.... dad have a record of domestic violence. If they had fought in court, I think there's a good chance mom would have gotten Shaniya.

You can be poor, live in very simple conditions, be unemployed etc... but you don't necessarily have to be a bad parent. And vise versa.

I'm talking about before all of this, not now.

Bolded by me...

I respectfully disagree....

Dad seems to have a little bit more money that AD... according to what has been revealed in the news (prior to Shaniya's death), there has been history of abuse to Shaniya (cigarette burns) AND AD's drug history and periods of unemployment and nonstable home life. IMO he could have hired a family court attorney and won full custody of little Shaniya based on AD's history and Shaniya's previous abuse had he been diligent in doing so. All he had to do is submit to a paternal DNA test (doesn't matter that his name is not on the birth certificate) to claim parental rights. He chose not to do that for whatever reason... also chose to allow little Shaniya to go to visit her bio mom (taking her out of school to do so - which IMO is really strange). The entire story is very strange IMO. That's all I'm sayin... I don't think he would have lost custody to the mom had her pursued it..... and as far as the "mother's special bond" goes.. AD NEVER HAD IT.

I agree and stated as much the other night. It became inconvenient to have her around. Sorry, but Dad doesn't get a pass from me. How many kids? From how many mothers? Living with how many different people? He plants his seed all over the countryside, then lords over the offspring from above. Yeah, he's a good ole boy for sure. :sick:

Someone mentioned this on one of these boards and I could not begin to know where I read this but, has anyone wondered why the dad BL, has 2 different dialects. On NG the other night he spoke one way,,then at the vigil the other night he spoke with a completely different one...

Yes, at the time he would certainly have. Shaniya was living with her mother from birth to some young age. Shaniya had an older brother (now 7) living with mother. The courts do not take young children away from their mothers.

They do if there are records of making drugs and burning children.
They sure do.

Can someone remind me when and why AD told Aunt Carey that she would never see Shaniya again!! TIA
Because of BS.
seems Auntie reprimanded shaniya for having fought with her cousins.:waitasec:
I told you it was a BS excuse.....

I wonder if Nancy Grace will cover the new info discussed regarding BL from the children/friends/ex-FIL?

the second kiss looked to me like he was saying something...like wrap it up...quit talking...I couldn't read his lips and surely couldn't hear him. It's just what I thought I seen.

Did everyone notice he came out exactly after NG said something, referring to his mother getting killed. I don't think BL wants the public knowing the history of this family.

Just got a kick in the gut to find myself reacting to this possibility with relief. :no: It's better than the alternative prevailing theory, but it's still a horror.

As sad as it is to think, the poor little girl could have been sexually abused at 5:30 am when the mother first put her on the couch. The poor little girl could have been sexually abused the entire time she was in her mothers care. Maybe that's why the mother left her there. She may not have known they would take her. Either way I can't believe people can be so cruel to their own children or any child for that matter.
Now that I think of it, maybe CC was trying to tell us something when he say's "I have never seen the little girl in the living room" esp. when he says you figure it out. maybe she was locked away and invisible to visitors.

Here is what a 1997 Mitsubishi Galant looks like:

Attachments

• images mit galant.jpg
    images mit galant.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 20
http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6444454/

"In an affidavit for a warrant to search McNeill's 1997 Mitsubishi Galant, investigators said McNeill told them he picked Shaniya up in front of her home and drove her to the hotel. Investigators also said they found feces smeared on the outside door handle of the front door to the home and on the handrail of the steps to the front porch.

Police recovered 11 pieces of trace evidence, such as hair and fibers, from the car, as well as clothes, a belt, a straw, a cell phone and a portable GPS system, according to the search warrant."

Wow, thanks for that link. That's quite a bit of info when we've been scrounging for any little detail we can get!!

Someone mentioned this on one of these boards and I could not begin to know where I read this but, has anyone wondered why the dad BL, has 2 different dialects. On NG the other night he spoke one way,,then at the vigil the other night he spoke with a completely different one...

He speaketh in "tongues"...... :doh:

Wow, thanks for that link. That's quite a bit of info when we've been scrounging for any little detail we can get!!

Did anyone notice the person talking about MAM on that report was the victim from the report posted a couple pages back, the b&e victim???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove