Australia Australia - Sarah McDiarmid, 23, Frankston, Vic, 11 Jul 1990

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Bohemian

Reaction score
attachment.php

'Sarah MacDiarmid: Parents of woman missing from Kananook train station share their heartbreak 27 years on'
ABC News
ABOUT AN HOUR AGO (as of 15:44 AEST)
2 September 2017

Almost three decades after the unsolved suspected killing of young Melbourne woman Sarah MacDiarmid, her parents say they no longer care about penalties for those involved — they just want their daughter's remains back.

Ms MacDiarmid was last seen walking through the car park of Kananook train station, near Frankston, just before 10:30pm on 11 July, 1990.

Police believe the 23-year-old got off a Frankston-bound train, which she caught from Caulfield, and was walking to her car.

Ms MacDiarmid was reported missing by her parents the next day when she did not return home.

Her disappearance has never been solved.

Police said forensic testing of the area where her red Honda Civic was parked made them believe she was murdered in some kind of altercation or attack.

A $1 million reward was put on offer in 2004 and still remains for information that leads to a conviction.'

'Someone saw Sarah's killer: Police

There have been numerous suspects and persons of interest over the years, including notorious serial killer Bendali Debs, but there had never been any conclusive proof.

Detective Inspector Tim Day from the Missing Persons Squad said the case was still considered a priority.

"We have a fair idea from the analysis of the crime scene from back in 1990 about what has occurred," he said.

"It's clear there's been an altercation and Sarah has been attacked, and she's been dragged away from the car."

Detective Inspector Day said one particular witness likely heard the altercation, while others had seen vehicles around the station.

"Whilst there's some detail I can't go into, I'm pretty satisfied that there are a number of people who may well have seen the killer and or seen the commencement of the attack," he said.
"Twenty-seven years certainly makes it difficult, but one thing I've certainly learnt in my time as an investigator is that all cases are solvable."

He urged anyone with information to contact police, saying it was never too late to come forward.'

attachment.php

'The MacDiarmid family recently contacted the local council to ask if they could have the memorial stone that was placed at the station in their daughter's honour, because making a trip to the site was becoming more difficult as they grew older.

The council agreed to the request and today unveiled a special new plaque to ensure her memory lives on at the station.'

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2017-...-with-special-plaque-kananook-station/8866454

From the Herald Sun's VIC Cold Case Files:

'Latest Development:

In May 2014, Sarah's brother wrote to jailed serial killer Bandali Debs in the hope he had vital information about the mystery murder.

Lines of Inquiry: Abduction, robbery gone wrong

Ms MacDiarmid may have been stabbed during a robbery attempt in the dark and isolated car park. A violent drug addict who died a year later, Jodi Jones, was a suspect along with the group she associated with.'

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/special-features/cold-case#hs-cold-case-interactive

G'day Bohemian.I was just in Kananook getting my car serviced&went by Sarah's new memorial plaque.RIP Sarah!We all sure are sincerely thinking of Mr&Mrs MacDiarmid!Good on you for Posting this in memory of Sarah!

I'm only going to be online on this computer for another 15 minutes Bohemian.Hopefully I hear back from you before I have to log off.If not I look forward to hearing from you soon.Cheers!PAUL S

G'day Bohemian.I was just in Kananook getting my car serviced&went by Sarah's new memorial plaque.RIP Sarah!We all sure are sincerely thinking of Mr&Mrs MacDiarmid!Good on you for Posting this in memory of Sarah!

I'm only going to be online on this computer for another 15 minutes Bohemian.Hopefully I hear back from you before I have to log off.If not I look forward to hearing from you soon.Cheers!PAUL S

My pleasure, Paul. Sarah's and her parents' stories are so tragic. I can only hope that the renewed interest in both by MSM will lead to further information on the crime so her loved ones can see justice done. Vale Sarah.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...r/news-story/d28e73e5910ae206e5586b56b9b00ce6
“We believe at least one witness has heard the attack on Sarah,” Det-Insp Day told the Herald Sun

READ MORE ON THE MACDIARMID MURDER MYSTERY

“We also believe that as many as three or four people may have seen a related vehicle, the killer and/or the commencement of the attack.
“If you were one of those people who we believe may have seen the offender, or saw the commencement of the attack on Sarah, look inside yourself and find the courage to stand up and be counted — do the right thing.

“You will not be condemned for waiting so long. A grateful family and community will thank you for it.”
“We know that someone out there has information crucial to this investigation,” Det-Insp Day said.

“Circumstances change in people’s lives. People at times tell the police things that are not quite true — they do so for various reasons.

“People at times pretend not to know anything, they don’t want to get involved. They deny having knowledge of certain events.

“There are many reasons this may occur and I am not here to morally judge anyone for their actions 27 years ago.

“But if you do have information, any information, they we urge you to come forward.”

Devastated parents of 23-year-old woman who vanished from a train station 30 years ago refuse to give up on finding her - as fresh new lead on the cold case emerges

Parents of woman who vanished from Melbourne train station 30 years ago refuse to give up hope | Daily Mail Online

This site has gone from bad to worse with all the flashing and moving ads. But at least it's not behind a paywall...yet
Not sure if you have heard Vikki Petraitis' podcast Tootsie? But it is a great listen. Vikki has put her heart and soul into it and comes across as being better informed on the case than the police.

Even though the police have virtually excluded serial killer Paul Denyer from being involved, Vikki makes a very strong case for him being the perpetrator.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SapphireGem
Back