Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It really irks me that major news publications are running with headlines like this (I think Fox and People did the same). It keeps making me think that something new has come out because, at least to me, it reads like police are saying that JS said that she had known prior to MS's murder that SS was "grooming and abusing" her.

But in the text of the articles, JS didn't say this until after law enforcement had arrested SS on the sex abuse and CSAM charges, and law enforcement told JS they believed MS was dead, and they asked if she thought SS had done it.

Just taking a few steps back and imagine this with any other set of people: Girl goes missing. Man was the last person to see Girl. Law Enforcement finds irrefutable evidence of Man abusing Girl. Law Enforcement shows Woman the evidence. Law Enforcement arrests Man for abusing Girl. Law Enforcement tells Woman they believe Girl is dead. Law Enforcement asks Woman if she thinks Man killed Girl. Woman says yes because Man was abusing Girl.

Of course we'd expect the Woman to say she believes the Man did it and of course we'd expect the Woman to say the man was abusing and grooming the girl. The woman being JS doesn't make those actions suspicious at all. The statements don't change the public's understanding of what JS knew.

I don't understand why outlets are trying to make something out of what is no more than "LE showed JS photos of MS being abused by SS. In a future interview JS said MS was being abused by SS."

What stood out of me is there isn't a period at the end of that sentence like you have in your quote, it's the last part of the sentence that she wrote after it. All I can make out is "I also have severe trauma responses when I encounter all males that..." Something.

Anyone have any ideas what else she scribbled out? All I know is thankfully it isn't all males, but all males that do.... something.

Here's the cropped image from your post:
View attachment 527975

Almost 6pm, for a girl that supposedly doesn't know her own address (per JS), tells me that vehicle was observed where they live, likely driving by, maybe slowly, and looking toward their unit. And, it's not like they live on a normal street with traffic, you're only there if you have a reason to be there.
“that seem to be my perpetrator “ is what I see. Moo

I am pretty confused by my fellow WSleuthers who seem to think it's no big deal that JS said in her sworn affidavit to LE that she SAW Maddie getting ready for school that morning.

It's ridiculous IMO. I don't confuse what I saw with what I heard. I would never say I saw something I didn't actually see.

And the kicker is, JS couldn't have seen or heard whatever she claims to, because poor Maddie was already dead and was never getting ready for school that day for JS to either see her or hear her.
I’m catching up, but I agree. IMO it’s important to differentiate between saw and heard and to take note that she misrepresented, to say the least, what she witnessed that morning. However, regardless of how I feel about JS and what I think her involvement could be, I do think in this particular instance it could simply be chalked up to a negligent mother trying to save face and not disclose that she in fact was indisposed or too preoccupied with her own wellness/comfort to actually account for Maddie’s whereabouts that morning. It does not imply without a doubt that she was complicit with Stern’s actions. She’ll never recover from suggesting that the sexual assault was “not evil,” in my judgement, but I’ll concede that there is no glaring evidence that she is guilty of anything other than being a negligent mother.

I’ll concede that there is no glaring evidence that she is guilty of anything other than being a negligent mother.
Respectfully snipped for focus

There may not be enough evidence to prosecute her for it, but I'm 100% convinced she knew that Maddie was dead and tried to help SS cover it up. Her lies, inconsistencies, contradictions between her and SS's stories, and a whole bunch of other things prove to me that she is guilty of accessory after the fact, or whatever it's called in Florida.

And there are laws that can be used to prosecute negligent mothers.

There may not be enough evidence to prosecute her for it, but I'm 100% convinced she knew that Maddie was dead and tried to help SS cover it up. Her lies, inconsistencies, contradictions between her and SS's stories, and a whole bunch of other things prove to me that she is guilty of accessory after the fact, or whatever it's called in Florida.

This^^^^^^^^ I think SS gave her a sob story about how it was "an accident" and/or implied that she could be in trouble too if she didn't go along with the abduction story and that she helped to cover it up. She seemed way more concerned with SS's wellbeing than the fact that her daughter was missing/dead.

I agree with this. I often look back at old news, discussions, and speculations to see how our collective understanding has evolved here and our early conversations were littered with questions of “how couldn’t JS know?”

Those questions still remain but now, with all the video releases and documents Mack and others have brought us, we know that she didn’t just say in passing she saw Maddie that morning, she wrote it down. We know she sent Maddie to bed with him despite numerous people pointing out to her that was inappropriate. We know the school pickup story is convoluted (maybe she spoke to someone and they called Maddie’s name over the announcements and maybe she drove away), we know that as the suspicions were stacking up, she was concerned SS looked like the bad guy.

There’s more but you get the gist and, to me,
I can’t look at her ex post facto acknowledgment that SS murdered Maddie as an innocent “lightbulb moment” until the rest of these discrepancies are resolved. Analyzing a case involves weighing facts and there is now an heavy pile of adverse facts that cannot be simply and quickly explained away (and that’s before we even get to her whole “not evil” mess!)

I agree with this. I often look back at old news, discussions, and speculations to see how our collective understanding has evolved here and our early conversations were littered with questions of “how couldn’t JS know?”

Those questions still remain but now, with all the video releases and documents Mack and others have brought us, we know that she didn’t just say in passing she saw Maddie that morning, she wrote it down. We know she sent Maddie to bed with him despite numerous people pointing out to her that was inappropriate. We know the school pickup story is convoluted (maybe she spoke to someone and they called Maddie’s name over the announcements and maybe she drove away), we know that as the suspicions were stacking up, she was concerned SS looked like the bad guy.

There’s more but you get the gist and, to me,
I can’t look at her ex post facto acknowledgment that SS murdered Maddie as an innocent “lightbulb moment” until the rest of these discrepancies are resolved. Analyzing a case involves weighing facts and there is now an heavy pile of adverse facts that cannot be simply and quickly explained away (and that’s before we even get to her whole “not evil” mess!)
Yes @BeeGirl ^^!…… and on balance one item in that really stands out IMO:

“she wrote it down.”

Perhaps an alibi script? Is it known when JS is understood to have written that down? (And yes, I am not 100% up on all in this sad case.) MOO

Yes @BeeGirl ^^!…… and on balance one item in that really stands out IMO:

“she wrote it down.”

Perhaps an alibi script? Is it known when JS is understood to have written that down? (And yes, I am not 100% up on all in this sad case.) MOO
February 26th. It’s on about page 5 of the docs Mack got for us here and attached below.

If someone can, it would be helpful to have a post of all of Jennifer Soto’s lies and contradictory statements, there are so many it’s hard to keep track and they keep stacking up.

Attachments

• IMG_1296.jpeg
    IMG_1296.jpeg
    156.6 KB · Views: 6
February 26th. It’s on about page 5 of the docs Mack got for us here and attached below.

If someone can, it would be helpful to have a post of all of Jennifer Soto’s lies and contradictory statements, there are so many it’s hard to keep track and they keep stacking up.
Thank you for the quick response and reference. And that is from a statement she gave to police investigators on IIUC the same date MS was found? And in a written statement to authorities. Wonder if that will continue to be found as an accepted truthful statement given in the investigation? IANAL. I also wonder if there was a preceding or antecedent statement that was created earlier. MOO

Thank you for the quick response and reference. And that is from a statement she gave to police investigators on IIUC the same date MS was found? And in a written statement to authorities. Wonder if that will continue to be found as an accepted truthful statement given in the investigation? IANAL. I also wonder if there was a preceding or antecedent statement that was created earlier. MOO
I did a post a while back on her different versions here before we knew this latest lie and I haven’t found a satisfactory reason it’s acceptable to lie to police so much about your missing child.

I actually just noticed a new one.

In her handwritten statement (above) she says she “went to school around 4 pm to pick her up” and on p.32 of the big document dump (attached) it says “[Jennifer] stated she normally left her residence at approximately 1430 hours (2:30 pm) and waited about an hour for her to get out before the bell rang. [Jennifer] waited the entire time and when the bell rang, she noticed [Maddie] was not one of the first to come out like she normally was. [Jennifer] then realized she was holding up the parent line and at approximately 1610 hours (4:10 pm), [Jennifer] drove away.”

Strange to not remember from one day to the next if you spent over an hour and a half in a car line.

Attachments

• IMG_1297.jpeg
    IMG_1297.jpeg
    176 KB · Views: 0

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members