NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe she was raped at the hotel, McNeil was taking her back, when creature let him know that the cops were looking for her. So he turns around, goes right past the hotel, another 7 miles, kills her in the car and dumps her.

This would have been possible only if Coe or BD (aunt) made her call LE, or if the creature did it to get rid of Mcneill.
Not sure about that. She was found in between the hotel and Fayetteville on the southbound side of the hwy that suggests she was dumped on the way back to Fayetteville after leaving the hotel, not that he turned around to go back to Sanford from Fayetteville.

Hotel>>>>>>>>>>>>>>body>>>>>>>>>>>>>>fayetteville.

It really doesn't matter much which county assumes jurisdiction. When elements of a crime take place in two different jurisdictions, technically they BOTH have jurisdiction and can legally try the case. It's usually hashed out in a backroom somewhere amongst the DAs involved.

Ms.

Could it possibly come down to which county would have more money to use in prosecuting the case?

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/topstories/story/1060111.html

As they were talking on the phone, police knocked on Carey Lockhart's door. They had found her name listed as a guardian at Shaniya's elementary school.

Now how could that be?

I think that the answer could be really simple. Dad wasn't married and it appears that the aunt was a major caregiver to the girl. If there were two spaces on the form, maybe dad just wrote his sister's name in. I don't think that they investigate or even spend much time studying what goes on those forms. My parents would often list my grandparents because they were retired and would be able to get to the school fastest if I got sick or anything. They weren't my legal guardians, but my parents didn't object to me leaving school with them. My parents were also listed.

The meaning it had on the form was just "person you've enabled us to hand your child over to." It could be that the reporter used the word "guardian." And I've read that dad traveled a lot on business for extended periods, so he would have wanted someone who was often home to be listed. Just my speculation IMO.

Don't look at the size, look at the color overlay, it is not the same in the two photos. Not from any angle would it be the same. IMO.
I am not a photo expert, but this one is just obvious to me.

It's the same, IMHO, but the poor quality of the surveillance video makes a lot of difference. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean. The pattern is the same, but there is a disparity in color I think is owed to the differing quality.

I think it's the same carpet and looks different in the surveillance photo because of the trim on the wall. The trim is hard to see there and makes it look like the carpet pattern is farther away. JMO

This case is a real heart breaker - but of course so many others are also.
Question: how do the locals view the Comfort Inn? Is it safe or does it have a reputation? If they were inviting relatives from out of town to visit for the holidays, would they feel justified in suggesting they stay at that Comfort Inn? I do not mean to slight the business but often locals have a better sense of what is going on than management does.

This literally is a BRAND NEW hotel --- I don't remember the exact date but it has only been open no more than 4 months at the very most. It's right in the middle of town w/ one of the two local high schools literally within a stone's throw behind it. As a matter of fact, when I went to take the photos, the JROTC was practicing next door and I could hear everything being said.

I would not think twice about staying there myself or suggesting it to someone else. I, in fact, would probably recommend it to a guest with it being the newest hotel in town.

Don't look at the size, look at the color overlay, it is not the same in the two photos. Not from any angle would it be the same. IMO.
I am not a photo expert, but this one is just obvious to me.

The person who posted the video still shot said they altered the photo they tried to clean it up meaning they probably changed the tint, sharpness etc., so that will make the color in the photos look totaly different

It's the same, IMHO, but the poor quality of the surveillance video makes a lot of difference. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean. The pattern is the same, but there is a disparity in color I think is owed to the differing quality.

Look at the brown swirls on the carpet, trace them with your eyes where they go over the white, under the white. Look at the other picture, do the same thing.
Then ask yourself if they match, IMO, they do not.

Yup, but we don't know if her father or her aunt ever spoke to her after dropping her off.
Bit fudded up, huh?

Definitely. I thought the brother (on NG Wed night) said that the aunt (fathers sister) continued picking her up on weekends. Therefore, she did see her and just not ask?

I think it's the same carpet and looks different in the surveillance photo because of the trim on the wall. The trim is hard to see there and makes it look like the carpet pattern is farther away. JMO
That is what I tried to explain, you said it better.

Thank You thats what I think as well, to different cameras and one being cleaned up by the person who posted it

The person who posted the video still shot said they altered the photo they tried to clean it up meaning they probably changed the tint, sharpness etc., so that will make the color in the photos look totaly different
Not the tint, or the shade, follow the swirls with your eyes, watch where the swirl of white becomes a leaf, right at the edge of the patterned part of the carpet. They are not the same. Nothing to do with tint or shade.

Look at the brown swirls on the carpet, trace them with your eyes where they go over the white, under the white. Look at the other picture, do the same thing.
Then ask yourself if they match, IMO, they do not.

I'm looking. I really think it's a camera/sharpness issue. There is no sharpness in the surveillance images. Even a relatively low-end cell camera would do a much better job with sharpness and contrast.

I could take a screenshot from our cameras and then take a digital picture of it and do a side-by-side and we'd probably see the same issue.

Found in Lee county.
Last seen at the hotel in Lee County.

WTH????? We know she wasn't killed in Lee county if the update is right, so he doubled back toward home with her...or he didn't kill her.

Hmmm... maybe MAM was not the last perp .. just sayin.

The prosecutor in Cumberland County has been in office for a while.....

Grannis is a past president of the N.C. Conference of District Attorneys whose service as district attorney in Cumberland County ranks among the longest active tenures in the state.
“Many of the younger prosecutors have no firm grasp of Ed’s contributions to the reforms in our justice system during his long years of service,” the nomination for Grannis stated, “but they have been significant.”

http://www.ncbar.org/news/1/3805/index.aspx

Well knowing that Cumberland County is taking it now I wonder what was in that lab work that made this decesion?

***********************************************************************************

Cumberland County District Attorney Ed Grannis said Wednesday night that issues involving lab work were needed before a decision could be made as to whether the death investigation of the 5-year-old girl would be handled by Grannis or Lee County District Attorney Susan Doyle.

http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/11/19/953645http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/11/19/953645
perhaps TOD and GPS analysis/mileage from his car?

I am going to agree to disagree on the carpet. To me, those surveillance photos could not have been taken on the third floor. To me, the photos don't match, they never will match.

Enough of it, I'm not changing any minds, mine or anyone elses.

But the designs are not the same look at the designs only

But they are! One is taken from a wider shot and makes the sizing different, but they're the same. Down to the darker, smaller swirls between the wider, lighter ones.

Besides, where else would this be? Why would they use different carpet on different floors? It would make no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cweiss72