NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
watching this morning interview and,aunt Carry didn't let him know she was concerned?MOO,thats a load of bull.CLD don't look like a passive woman,and the only thing i could fathom her not saying anything is she was scared Shaynia would be taken from her,which happened anyway.jmo.

Agree completely... this was my reaction too to hearing these statements. I can tell, from the way in which CLD depicted the history between her and AD--and what she described as her longstanding mistrust and dislike of AD for "neglecting her children" it wasn't anything of which BL could possibly have been "unaware." Not believable to me either, given CLD's strong personality, rather it seems certain there were a number of very "vocal discussions" between them on this very topic.

:parrot:

I pulled my son out of public school kindergarten. I basically walked in and took him out of class. I didn't do it formerly. No one ever contacted me. No one asked me what was going on.

I don't understand this. Why would any parent pull their child out of school and not say anything? I have to ask. That just strikes me as strange. I can see why if they are doing something that maybe they should not be doing, but otherwise why?

I pulled my son out of public school kindergarten. I basically walked in and took him out of class. I didn't do it formerly. No one ever contacted me. No one asked me what was going on.
I don't doubt you, but if it was in NC, they should have, and I've seen them do it in Florida and Texas.

According to NC law (thanks to alwaysonmymind):
From the NC State Board of Education:

115C‑378. Children required to attend.

Every parent, guardian or other person in this State having charge or control of a child between the ages of seven and 16 years shall cause such child to attend school continuously for a period equal to the time which the public school to which the child is assigned shall be in session. Every parent, guardian, or other person in this State having charge or control of a child under age seven who is enrolled in a public school in grades kindergarten through two shall also cause such child to attend school continuously for a period equal to the time which the public school to which the child is assigned shall be in session unless the child has withdrawn from school. No person shall encourage, entice or counsel any such child to be unlawfully absent from school. The parent, guardian, or custodian of a child shall notify the school of the reason for each known absence of the child, in accordance with local school policy.

The school is covered for not notifying DSS or DCF or CPS or whatever the child protection group is in NC. jmo

http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/EnactedLegislation/Statutes/HTML/BySection/Chapter_115C/GS_115C-378.html

ANYONE HEAR ANYTHING ABOUT WHEN WE ARE DUE THE NEXT PRESSER?????? Sorry, I am just sick of rehashing the same old stuff. I want answers, something, anything to give us something new to look at, a fresh avenue of thought is due here. sigh. Okay, time for me to go. Good sleuthing my fellow nosy friends. I need a time out :)

I don't understand this. Why would any parent pull their child out of school and not say anything? I have to ask. That just strikes me as strange. I can see why if they are doing something that maybe they should not be doing, but otherwise why?

Yes and surely any phonecall between BL (or CDL) and Shaniya would have included (if not revolved around) asking how school was going. :confused:

So evidently either he and/or she were alright w the decision, or there were no phonecalls. :(

Me too, everyone involved should be. My whole family did. My youngest was so frightened by what happened he used to sleep with me with his baseball bat next to us for a long time.
I did see an interview tho with Carey saying she lost her job a year ago and could not afford health care, so I hope she has found some kind of way to get help. We did find a free clinic that had therapy for us.

Let's hope a professional in the community offers their services. This family must be operating in some sort of twilight zone; so many layers of grief to work through. I feel compassion for everyone involved; this case makes my head hurt.

Two facts that I can't overlook:

1. According to posters on the local boards, that area and trailer park in particular is well known as a hotbed of danger, infested with druggies and prostitutes.

2. According to BL, and backed by the school withdrawal, he wasn't just letting AD have Shaniya for the weekend, but to have her start living there.

Hi friend--yes why this discrepancy, between Aunt's claim it was 'just for the weekend...' and BL's admission he sent her to there 'to give AD a chance' to raise her? :confused:

2. According to BL, and backed by the school withdrawal, he wasn't just letting AD have Shaniya for the weekend, but to have her start living there.

This is what I can't get past, because it flies in the face of so many things BL has said after the fact.

I simply don't believe him, I think his statements are absolutely crucial to the case, and I guess that's why I just can't let it go.

Muffet...I soooo agree

from the start LOCAL posters were saying how bad bad that area is...the worst
in what seems to be a pretty dangerous little city??

The total disparity between the dads house and Sleepy Hollow is unreal

Every town/city has it's "bad" area....everyone knows the name/s....just watching tv you see where crimes occur...over and over

The more BL etc speak the worse it gets

IF they had just shut up from the start there would be less to "sleuth"

I don't deal in rumors or speculation...and I seldom think up scenarios...

I am going on the "most logical" red flag...that locals were aghast that this little princess was dropped off in this area where they say you go for "drugs or a prostitute"

Yes, it's a very bad area. That doesn't prevent someone the right to parent their child if they can, nor does it make a parent unable to have visits.

When my son first came to me as an infant at the age of 3 weeks as a foster child. He had court ordered unsupervised visitation in NORTH PHILADELPHIA. Off and on for the next two and a half years with his birth mom who was already known to be a neglectful parent. On these visits she continued to be neglectful. The judge knew it. I was told " we're giving her enough rope to hang herself" All at the expense of the child, the child I loved and the child that called me mom. I was sick with fear every time. I knew the scum she called friends and ran with. There wasn't a darn thing I could do about it. But lawyer up and fight like hell.

This could have EASILY happened to my son, and it would have been court approved.

But Dad was her legal parent and had standing. He should have returned home, demand mom hand her over, if she didn't.... lawyered up and fought for her.

I think you are on the money. Momster's mother simply wanted to give the impression that AD was a good mom and that she (momster mom) had seen the living conditions and has seen her daughter be a good mommy. Without being too too judgmental about a woman I know nothing about, I don't know how much credence to give HER opinion of what a good mother is. We do not have anything but her daughter (AD) to illustrate what sort of mother SHE is. So her statements - mean nothing to me.

Yea well I could take a stab at it...

Sounds to me like Aunt C and Shaniya thought this was to be a 2 day visit. At some point, BL and AD came to an agreement that Shaniya would be staying....indefinitely.

For me to believe BL, I have to consider several others to be liars. Not happening.

Yes, it's a very bad area. That doesn't prevent someone the right to parent their child if they can, nor does it make a parent unable to have visits.

When my son first came to me as an infant at the age of 3 weeks as a foster child. He had court ordered unsupervised visitation in NORTH PHILADELPHIA. Off and on for the next two and a half years with his birth mom who was already known to be a neglectful parent. On these visits she continued to be neglectful. The judge knew it. I was told " we're giving her enough rope to hang herself" All at the expense of the child, the child I loved and the child that called me mom. I was sick with fear every time. I knew the scum she called friends and ran with. There wasn't a darn thing I could do about it. But lawyer up and fight like hell.

This could have EASILY happened to my son, and it would have been court approved.

But Dad was her legal parent and had standing. He should have returned home, demand mom hand her over, if she didn't.... lawyered up and fought for her.

Oh how nervewracking :nerves: sick w fear for sure :prayer: there was no court order in this case tho and BL (w CLD) already had Shaniya in their care--so he could have easily maintained the status quo and meanwhile as you say sought to make things official unless and until ordered to do otherwise by a court.

Agree w bolded.

Hi friend--yes why this discrepancy (between Aunt's claim it was 'just for the weekend...' and BL's admission he sent her to there 'to give AD a chance' to raise her(?) :confused:

:blowkiss:

Yeah, I think what's clear is that Aunt Carrie, who said she was unhappy with Shaniya going over there at all, still only expected her to be there for the weekend, until AD told her (2 days later) that she would never see Shaniya again.

Carrie said her reaction to that news was to think that her brother would take her to court to get formal custody so that never happened again.

What calls and convos ensued are unknown, but at some time, whether before or after Carrie dropped Shaniya off,

IMO, AD chose to live in an unsafe environment. She is responsible for the choices she made. With all the programs out there available to help her, she instead chose to live, WITH HER SON, a dangerous lifestyle.

you know i just thought of this about the school...is the moms place in the school district as the father? could they have pulled her out of school expecting for her to go to another school and she just never went to it?

Yes, but after five weeks, he would know she had not been going to another school, if he had spoken to her. :sheesh:

When my child was missing, I didn't check my entire neighborhood before calling for help.

I did not insinuate that she should have checked "the entire neighborhood", just the back yard before calling.

BL isn't a novice when it comes to custody issues, child support, etc. For whatever reason, he chose to not to go that route concerning Shaniya.

:blowkiss:

Yeah, I think what's clear is that Aunt Carrie, who said she was unhappy with Shaniya going over there at all, still only expected her to be there for the weekend, until AD told her (2 days later) that she would never see Shaniya again.

Carrie said her reaction to that news was to think that her brother would take her to court to get formal custody so that never happened again.

What calls and convos ensued are unknown, but at some time, whether before or after Carrie dropped Shaniya off, BL decided that Shaniya should live at the trailer with AD.

Bottom line: It's clear that Carrie was left out of the loop and say-so about Shaniya's new home.

:hug: Sigh... this of course assumes such threats were in fact made. I can see that scenario. I can also see one in which guilt or defensiveness re her own role in leaving Shaniya there could factor in, there's often a grain of truth but I'm left wondering if this was their convo verbatim, whether it may have been overstated eg or possibly not quite a refusal--we haven't heard this from BL have we? Again we just don't know for sure exactly what was said. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member