NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to make a point about some posts saying "what BL should have known" and others to that effect.
I have been a mother of 3 for almost 32 years and have always considered myself to be the best Mom my kids could ask for. Some even accused me of being overprotective, I didn't allow my oldest son to cross the street without me watching till he was almost 13 and never had other people besides our parents babysitting.
My two youngest grew up with some children of our neighbor's since they were in diapers and we cared for and loved each others children as if they were our own. Her kids even called me Mom #2 and vice versa.
When the kids got in their early teens my middle child went to spend the night with the family after we had moved to the next suburb over. While my child was there, the ex brother inlaw of the Mom kidnapped and molested my child, who was held for 2 days. 2 of the most horrific days of our lives. He was a repeat offender that had just gotten out of jail and was not even permitted to have contact with his own children.
When my child was located and the perp arrested, during trial, I first blamed myself for not knowing that this could have happened, not asking enough questions, and most certainly blamed the Mom for never telling be she had this kind of evil threat in her life. To some extent after all these years I still do. She blamed herself as well and to this day still can't look me in the eye because she knows had I known, I would have never let my children go there without me again.
Moral of my living nightmare from the past....sometimes we cant forsee evil when it lurks.

I am now leaning towards an "unofficial" withdrawn from school. Perhaps as simple as "Shaniya will not be in school today" with the call made back in mid-October and Shaniya just never returns to school.

This now brings into the picture of another level "NC School District" not following up on why Shaniya has not returned to school. OOPS!

I am leaning that way as well. Where I am ( I think I have mentioned I do NOT live in the best area (or the worst)) in my town. Lots of rental properties and transient tenants. My children's elementary school is plagued with problems of children being registered and then "disappearing" without parents officially withdrawing them. The only way they eventually find out where the kid went is that the new school contacts them requesting little Johnny's transcript. Some kids are in 4 or 5 different elementary schools per year. The school of origin's only recourse is to try to contact parents via their listed address (which if they have moved is no longer valid). The schools try but I wonder how high a priority it is for them to figure out why little Johnny hasn't shown up this past week or two. as always MOO.

Yup, lots of speculation/rumors floating around regarding the new and old GF.

I just remember the NG interview with BC when BL walked out. It spoke volumes.
I missed that WHY did he walk? what was being asked?
And I would walk on NG too...She is a bull in a china shop...
Not that there is anything besides bulls in this case anyway...
No china at all anywhere....(maybe Carie, not positive yet)

PS: we need a chart with all the initials and how they are related, or the name.
Who is BC is that his son. Bryon ?

Gotcha. Wow. So you believe a call was made--and the school accepted this--day after day for 25 or more consecutive school days?!? :confused: If so they so looked the other way and dropped the ball. :mad:
:parrot:

When i made the decision to pull my 7th grader out of school,(she is homeschooled now)I just called the school.This is CA,but that was it.Kindergarten isn't mandatory here so no call from school,if u withdrew ur child.Cali anyway!

When the kids got in their early teens my middle child went to spend the night with the family after we had moved to the next suburb over. While my child was there, the ex brother inlaw of the Mom kidnapped and molested my child, who was held for 2 days. 2 of the most horrific days of our lives. He was a repeat offender that had just gotten out of jail and was not even permitted to have contact with his own children.

That's so horrible and I'm so sorry that happened to you and your child.

IMO, though, it's not the same thing. You didn't leave your child for weeks. You probably couldn't have had firsthand knowledge of red flags. You weren't transferring custody to someone you knew had issues.

I don't think that's the case here.

Patty... BC? Sorry having a lapse here, can you refresh my memory please?

I'm not saying to discard the official statement.

I'm thinking that it's a little odd that they get the only interview with the school principal, and only choose to use one sentence in print.
MOO.

O/T: Why does my quote box periodically disappear? The Thanks does the same thing, but refresh brings that back, not Quote, it sometimes stays gone.

I need to make a point about some posts saying "what BL should have known" and others to that effect.
I have been a mother of 3 for almost 32 years and have always considered myself to be the best Mom my kids could ask for. Some even accused me of being overprotective, I didn't allow my oldest son to cross the street without me watching till he was almost 13 and never had other people besides our parents babysitting.
My two youngest grew up with some children of our neighbor's since they were in diapers and we cared for and loved each others children as if they were our own. Her kids even called me Mom #2 and vice versa.
When my child was located and the perp arrested, during trial, I first blamed myself for not knowing that this could have happened, not asking enough questions, and most certainly blamed the Mom for never telling be she had this kind of evil threat in her life. To some extent after all these years I still do. She blamed herself as well and to this day still can't look me in the eye because she knows had I known, I would have never let my children go there without me again.
Moral of my living nightmare from the past....sometimes we cant forsee evil when it lurks.

I am sorry that this happened to your child and it is clear that you had no idea that this would ever happen to your child.

With regards to Shaniya, I am still waiting to see how LE connects the "missing child" report to the "human trafficking" charges. I have yet to write anything about AD on that day because something is clearly missing here.

I am very sorry to hear this happened. :hug: It sounds as tho this truly was unforseeable danger, a tragedy which prompts only empathy and not criticism. That isn't what we're looking at in this case tho. Based upon how you describe your own parenting skills and concern for your three children, I can almost guarantee had you known the reputation of this area, were you dealing w a person like AD, and given similar circumstances there's NO WAY (just from what you've shared about yourself) that you would have EVER allowed a child to go into this environment in the first place....much less stay in that #ellhole for that length of time!! Not the same!!!

you know i just thought of this about the school...is the moms place in the school district as the father? could they have pulled her out of school expecting for her to go to another school and she just never went to it?

I am sorry that this happened to your child and it is clear that you had no idea that this would ever happen to your child.

With regards to Shaniya, I am still waiting to see how LE connects the "missing child" report to the "human trafficking" charges. I have yet to write anything about AD on that day because something is clearly missing here.
Thanks Patty...I did not want to quote anyone in particular and I respect other folks and their right to their opinions, just wanted y'all to have another perspective to consider. :blowkiss:
My oldest was a very small, cute as a button 5 or so year old when the movie "ADAM" came out.
That movie haunted me as a young mother, expecting another child any day and that started my overprotective, mama bear ways of mothering.

IMO if AD was the only name on BC then legally wouldn't need BL or CLD permission to take the baby out of school.

It was reported that AD's son is in foster care, on the same day that BD and AD were not allowed back in the home do to the sewer issue.

I bet he has A WHOLE LOT of stories to tell...

you know i just thought of this about the school...is the moms place in the school district as the father? could they have pulled her out of school expecting for her to go to another school and she just never went to it?

I believe father's by researching school district zone - a poster from Fayetteville confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissingWithoutAnswers