NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
But it has also been printed as stopped coming, as well as withdrawn. There are a world of difference in those two statements.

I never saw the "stopped coming" statement or the context of who said it... The school did say withdrawn, though. You can say both if you withdraw, but can't say you've withdrawn if you haven't.

Here, the workers tell you how to scam the system. Literally, I went with my sister to her aid appointment so I could watch her kids while she turned in the paperwork, and listened to the worker tell her how to set it up to get the most. "If you receive any monetary loans from family, that counts as income, so don't say they gave you money to pay a bill, just say they paid it for you."

It's sickening.

I know it's not the same thing, exactly, but when I became pregnant with my first it was unexpected. I had to leave my job with insurance because I worked with exotics and some of the reptiles harbor natural bacteria that can be dangerous to a pregnancy.

I was eligible for SOBRA, which is basically medicaid for pregnant women. The eligibility requirements aren't as stringent, but that's neither here nor there. We needed it. HOWEVER, a Head Start woman called me and asked me all these questions regarding coverage, etc, and asked me if we were signing up for WIC. I said no, that I thought we could handle it. Why not save those resources for the truly down-and-out? She was aghast. "Why wouldn't you do it? It's FREE. You're eligible!" She acted almost angry that I would deny assistance despite our ability to buy our own milk and cheese. It was eye-opening to me. I appreciate that they want to help, but it was almost like she was using strong-arm tactics.

What I'm fairly sure of is Mario knew Coe wasn't there that night.

Coe stated he had been staying there nights for about a month. He didn't know what was really happening? Don't believe that either.

I still wonder if MAM and AD didn't know that Coe wouldn't be there when they hatched the plan (IMO, just hours before), and that's why Shaniya was moved to the couch. If Coe ended up coming in tp spend the night, they couldn't risk MAM going to where Shaniya was sleeping and waking Coe up.

Do we know for a fact Coe wasn't there?

But officially or unofficially withdrawn. That seems to be the question.

I am now leaning towards an "unofficial" withdrawn from school. Perhaps as simple as "Shaniya will not be in school today" with the call made back in mid-October and Shaniya just never returns to school.

This now brings into the picture of another level "NC School District" not following up on why Shaniya has not returned to school. OOPS!

MomofBoys, I know, I've gone through the same thing with WIC. Every time I get ready to bring a baby home from the hospital, I have to fight with them. Hospital policy is that no one leaves without making a WIC appointment.

Which to me is ridiculous. If I don't need it, I'm not going to ask for it.

Hmmmm :waitasec: then in this case I say that aunt Carie should have called them immediately after she got the call from AD, because daddy was out of town on business.
MOO

BL says in his Today interview that Carey allowed HIM to make the decisions regarding Shaniya.

I wonder if Shaniya talked to anyone at the school and told them she was going to be leaving. I wonder if she knew she would be leaving that school, but thought she would be going to a different one?

I guess I'm curious if anyone, at any point, actually took Shaniya's wishes into account, or even bothered to ask what she wanted.

NOT. :furious: As much as it hurts to say it I highly doubt she was given the opportunity nor ever given this much consideration.

:parrot:

Not sure what this has to do with what I wrote about AD NOT being on public assistance during Oct 9 to Nov 10th for Shaniya. I missed the actual court records so is it stated in those court records that Shaniya was residing in the household during those evictions.?

No housing assistance from those dates. From what I've read, the housing authority has implemented a low tolerance policy to combat the violence, drugs, and prostitution that risked the safety of all residents. Many articles in the Fayetteville Observer about the record number of evictions. This case hits on so many social issues we face in every community.

09CVM6630 Ejectment 8/6/2009 Served 8/10/2009 L& S RENTALS DAVIS,ANTOINETTE WALL ST

09CVM3353 Writ of Possession 5/22/2009 Served 6/1/2009 L&S RENTALS DAVIS,ANTOINETTE WALL ST

09CVM3353 Ejectment 4/23/2009 Served 4/27/2009 L&S RENTALS DAVIS,ANTOINETTE WALL ST

08CVM10832 Writ of Possession 12/29/2008 Served 1/6/2009 FAYETTEVILLE METRO HOUSING AUTHORITY DAVIS,ANTOINETTE MELVIN PL

08CVM10832 Ejectment 12/3/2008 Served 12/5/2008 FAYETTEVILLE METRO HOUSING AUTH DAVIS,ANTOINETTE N MELVIN PL

07CVM2494 Ejectment 4/2/2007 Served 4/3/2007 FAY METRO HOUSING AUTHORITY DAVIS,ANTOINETTE N MELVIN PL

http://www.ccsonc.org/data/civil/civilname.asp
the record number of evictions.

This case is so quiet it's scarey!
Is this the calm before a storm?
IMO, I thought we would hear much more for LE after
Shaniya's funeral.
I honestly thought there would be atleast 1 other arrest.
Boy was I wrong...........nothing!
Not even a presser!

I still want to know something about the other mother living in the mobile home. Why have we heard nothing from her?

But it has also been printed as stopped coming, as well as withdrawn. There are a world of difference in those two statements.

Has it been printed in the media "stopped coming" coming directly from the official at the school like it was stated in the article below OR was it just something someone wrote in the news article?

Cumberland County Schools officials said Shaniya was a kindergarten student at Morganton Road Elementary School until mid-October, when she was taken out of the school and wasn't enrolled elsewhere.

"We have no knowledge of what the reason was for her being withdrawn from school," Morganton Road Principal Charlotte McLaurin said.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6435879/

NOT. :furious: As much as it hurts to say it I highly doubt she was given the opportunity nor ever given this much consideration.

IMO, Shaniya became an afterthought, a liability, then a casualty of whatever self centered issues were going on with all the adults that should have put her first.

I still want to know something about the other mother living in the mobile home. Why have we heard nothing from her?

I think BD is the only one in this case telling everything she knows.
Thus the reason she is staying out of the press, not charged, and basically unacknowledged by LE.
MOO.

No housing assistance from those dates. From what I've read, the housing authority has implemented a low tolerance policy to combat the violence, drugs, and prostitution that risked the safety of all residents. Many articles in the Fayetteville Observer about the record number of evictions. This case hits on so many social issues we face in every community.

09CVM6630 Ejectment 8/6/2009 Served 8/10/2009 L& S RENTALS DAVIS,ANTOINETTE WALL ST

09CVM3353 Writ of Possession 5/22/2009 Served 6/1/2009 L&S RENTALS DAVIS,ANTOINETTE WALL ST

09CVM3353 Ejectment 4/23/2009 Served 4/27/2009 L&S RENTALS DAVIS,ANTOINETTE WALL ST

08CVM10832 Writ of Possession 12/29/2008 Served 1/6/2009 FAYETTEVILLE METRO HOUSING AUTHORITY DAVIS,ANTOINETTE MELVIN PL

08CVM10832 Ejectment 12/3/2008 Served 12/5/2008 FAYETTEVILLE METRO HOUSING AUTH DAVIS,ANTOINETTE N MELVIN PL

07CVM2494 Ejectment 4/2/2007 Served 4/3/2007 FAY METRO HOUSING AUTHORITY DAVIS,ANTOINETTE N MELVIN PL

http://www.ccsonc.org/data/civil/civilname.asp
the record number of evictions.

Thank you. I am aware of the other evictions and public housing.

So now we are back to what I wrote: "I doubt AD was on "public assistance" between October 9th to November 10th for Shaniya."

I am now leaning towards an "unofficial" withdrawn from school. Perhaps as simple as "Shaniya will not be in school today" with the call made back in mid-October and Shaniya just never returns to school.

This now brings into the picture of another level "NC School District" not following up on why Shaniya has not returned to school. OOPS!

Agree, maybe just lied and said Shaniya would no longer be attending that school--which may have in turn sent out legally required (CYB) paperwork but never further investigated the matter. This is one area that their Child Fatality task force definitely needs to red flag for future improvement. :rolleyes:

What !!!!!:waitasec:Wth is going on here:furious:Allowed him.seems he was forced to be involved.

One step away from saying Carey made all the decisions. Once again, the buck stops at the end of BL's street.

Thank you. I am aware of the other evictions and public housing.

So now we are back to what I wrote: I doubt AD was on "public assistance" between October 9th to November 10th for Shaniya.

Depends on your definition of "public assistance." Medicare, food stamps, etc. is still available if her income met the poverty guidelines which is calculated by number of dependents.

Agree, maybe just lied and said Shaniya would no longer be attending that school--which may have in turn sent out legally required (CYB) paperwork but never further investigated the matter. This is one area that their Child Fatality task force definitely needs to red flag for future improvement. :rolleyes:

IMO, "that" was never used as this would put the school in "policy mode" to protect themselves. It was more "Shaniya won't be in school today."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member