NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
You still have to formally withdraw kindergarteners. Once you have enrolled them, you can't just stop sending them without getting hit for truancy.

Even in the Haleigh case, remember Ron Cummings was getting letters and said he was threatened with jail, because she had missed so many days of kindergarten.

From working with families asking for assistance through my church, I have been amazed at how much time and energy some of them put into researching where to get aid, how to get it, how often they can ask, how much they can get, etc. I had to quit after a year. When we started getting families call and DEMAND their Thanksgiving meals or Christmas presents, I'd had enough. And, it makes me very sad. There were truly deserving and wonderful people that we helped. Unfortunately, the bad started outweighing the good, and I was getting jaded and angry and frustrated. :banghead:

I was amazed at how savvy some people are in gaming the system. Really bright and determined and knowledgeable. Wish they would those skills to provide for themselves and their families....

Here, the workers tell you how to scam the system. Literally, I went with my sister to her aid appointment so I could watch her kids while she turned in the paperwork, and listened to the worker tell her how to set it up to get the most. "If you receive any monetary loans from family, that counts as income, so don't say they gave you money to pay a bill, just say they paid it for you."

It's sickening.

So BL wasn't even in the picture at that point... had been gone out of town for a week. So while Shaniya is staying w Aunt Carrie, exactly how does this selfless, benevolent gesture take place, who called who to prompt the Aunt to do this. That is what doesn't add up to me--did BL call the Aunt and tell her, "I want you to drop Shaniya off because AD needs to be a mother now." Or did AD call Aunt and say, "I want you to bring Shaniya because BL believes I need to be a mother now." Or did Aunt call BL and say, "I'm tired of dealing w this," and BL said "AD needs to be a mother now." Or did Aunt call BL and say, "AD needs to be a mother now."
:confused:

No really. I don't understand how this went down. Do we know?

:parrot:

Good questions. One point, AD already was a mother with a 7 year old son living with her. Thus, adding Shaniya was not changing her status from non-mother too mother / child caretaker.

My point is IMO, with Shaniya missing so many consecutive days, someone would have gotten a letter from the School Board. And by five weeks they would have been ordered to appear in court. They throw parents in jail for this stuff these days. Sounds to me like someone really did pull her out of that school.

Respectfully snipped...

maybe for older kids, where school would be mandatory, apparently kindergarden is not tho??

Exactly. If AD is still insisting the front door really was locked that's a really bad fact--unless MAM had a key hth do you explain that... :waitasec:

It is possible that it's the type of lock that once you let the door shut, it automatically locks. It's also possible that IF Shaniya was actually on the couch as AD stated, that she (Shaniya) got up and let Mario in. She could have recognized him and thought it was OK. That's just speculation of course. What I'm fairly sure of is Mario knew Coe wasn't there that night.

Coe stated he had been staying there nights for about a month. He didn't know what was really happening? Don't believe that either.

I have seen a pink flip phone in a couple of photos of Shaniya. This looks very much like an older Motorola Razr Flip Phone. I have not found a photo of an older model, but will attach a copy of both photos.

Could Shaniya have had her own cell phone? I have heard of 5 and 6 year olds having a cell phone.

To me, this looked much more like a plastic child's toy cellphone my own daughter has (actually I was trying very hard to bite my tongue from saying maybe this is the phone they gave her) but I'll go back and take a closer look...

I have seen a pink flip phone in a couple of photos of Shaniya. This looks very much like an older Motorola Razr Flip Phone. I have not found a photo of an older model, but will attach a copy of both photos.

Could Shaniya have had her own cell phone? I have heard of 5 and 6 year olds having a cell phone.

IMO, that looks like a toy one. The hinges and trim look different. It's bulkier as well. If anyone needed a cell phone that poor kid surely did.

You still have to formally withdraw kindergarteners. Once you have enrolled them, you can't just stop sending them without getting hit for truancy.

Even in the Haleigh case, remember Ron Cummings was getting letters and said he was threatened with jail, because she had missed so many days of kindergarten.

Obviously, I have misunderstood the question. I thought it had already been established waaayyyyy back in the threads that Shaniya had been withdrawn from her elementary school?

Respectfully snipped...

maybe for older kids, where school would be mandatory, apparently kindergarden is not tho??
Even if it isn't mandatory, once enrolled, you will get a letter if your child was going too many days absent.

I also think the school official's saying she was withdrawn should be taken seriously. To school officials, "withdrawn" is a world apart from "stopped coming".

Obviously, I have misunderstood the question. I thought it had already been established waaayyyyy back in the threads that Shaniya had been withdrawn from her elementary school?

But officially or unofficially withdrawn. That seems to be the question.

In NJ any allegation must be investigated within 24 hours. If it's urgent...there are emergency workers that can show up in the middle of the night, if need be. And no, they don't call ahead!

That is how it should be, but unfortunately too many times children are allowed to fall through the cracks.

North Carolina Department Of Administration

Withdrawing a student from:

Division of Non-Public Education (DNPE).

Upon receiving from DNPE an orange colored Notice of Intent acknowledgment card (for your Notice of Intent received by DNPE between July 1 and the following May 31), show this card to the appropriate official in the local school in which the student is currently enrolled

Allow that official to make a photocopy of it but make certain that you retain the original (it is irreplaceable) and then ask to complete any paperwork necessary to officially withdraw your student effective on a specific date.

Do not withdraw your child from or stop sending him/her to the local school until you have successfully completed the process of establishing a legal home school with DNPE. Until that process has been completed, you remain under the legal jurisdiction of the local public school system which has power under state law to prosecute the parent/guardian for violating the state's compulsory attendance law. G.S. 115C-380 states that any parent, guardian or other person violating the provisions of the compulsory attendance law shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor.

Also, see the next question as well as "What are the legal roles of the local public school system and local social workers in inspecting home school records, curriculum, textbooks, etc.?" in the preceding paragraph; "Registration, School -- Acknowledgment Card "; and, "Registration, School -- Required for 5/6 year olds?"

Also, see "Year-Round School Withdrawals."

http://www.ncdnpe.org/FAQs/hhh114n.asp

From the NC State Board of Education:

115C‑378. Children required to attend.

Every parent, guardian or other person in this State having charge or control of a child between the ages of seven and 16 years shall cause such child to attend school continuously for a period equal to the time which the public school to which the child is assigned shall be in session. Every parent, guardian, or other person in this State having charge or control of a child under age seven who is enrolled in a public school in grades kindergarten through two shall also cause such child to attend school continuously for a period equal to the time which the public school to which the child is assigned shall be in session unless the child has withdrawn from school. No person shall encourage, entice or counsel any such child to be unlawfully absent from school. The parent, guardian, or custodian of a child shall notify the school of the reason for each known absence of the child, in accordance with local school policy.

The school is covered for not notifying DSS or DCF or CPS or whatever the child protection group is in NC. jmo

http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/EnactedLegislation/Statutes/HTML/BySection/Chapter_115C/GS_115C-378.html

The male is a felon and Shaniyas accused murderer
The female is known as a prostitute, druggie, creature who gave birth to Shaniya.
both are in jail where they should be. Mommy dearest should get LWOP.
He needs to get the DP. But it has been days of casting it all on him and I am getting board of it. that is just me....
JMO

if bored, maybe best to step away?

BL is in the media, so self serving, has a new attorney from Florida who ...oh my..reps for Sommer's mom....it is no wonder some of us are asking questions

IMHO at some point we all agree this is a horrible tragedy....we all agree these slugs should be given dp and/or life without parole...

but what can be learned from this...how can this help others??

a pile of teddy bears...does nothing....light a candle...makes ya feel good

we need to keep this sense of outrage..

maybe in other situations this sorry example would make a "responsible" parent more cautious about sending a child to the other parent?? Maybe other family members will dare to step in, remembering this horror story?

Maybe laws can be changed...or budgets readjusted

One budget reajustment I propose : if NC needs money for DCF workers, let's cut the jail/prison budget....no more of this "protective custody" stuff....
put all of them in general population..

they took their chances on the street...let them take them inside
use the money wasted on solitary and extra guards to hire more DCF workers and make sure they are doing their job

Even if it isn't mandatory, once enrolled, you will get a letter if your child was going too many days absent.

I also think the school official's saying she was withdrawn should be taken seriously. To school officials, "withdrawn" is a world apart from "stopped coming".

But it has also been printed as stopped coming, as well as withdrawn. There are a world of difference in those two statements.

It was for me, but I think the question now is about any letters of notification that would have been sent.

It is possible that it's the type of lock that once you let the door shut, it automatically locks. It's also possible that IF Shaniya was actually on the couch as AD stated, that she (Shaniya) got up and let Mario in. She could have recognized him and thought it was OK. That's just speculation of course. What I'm fairly sure of is Mario knew Coe wasn't there that night.

Coe stated he had been staying there nights for about a month. He didn't know what was really happening? Don't believe that either.

Alot of "ifs" jmo but I think it's highly doubtful there was any self-locking mechanism on that trailer (or AD would have likely mentioned) so even "if" Shaniya let him in herself, still doesn't explain how it got locked. You're right tho, we just don't know.

BL is in big debt also, but he had money for an engagement ring. He can't afford to bury Shaniya.
How bad did he want money also?
Could he of not wanted to spend any more money on her so he gave her back to AD.
To many upcoming problems??
Selling house, moving, wedding and remember baby ran her scooter into his Beemer!
How many of us pack up our loved ones things before the funeral???
Just MOO

Hi passionflower,

Could you provide a link that shows this to be a fact? TIA!

Ima

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members