NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #28

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why doesn't dateline or some 48 hours do story on Shaniya?
What an injustice, MO.
Mother still have the run of the streets?

When we get the answer to your question, I bet you we will get other answers too, LIKE what is being hidden? Why isn’t anyone shacking up this case? It is not as if they do not know who the perps are. We know very well who the perps are and that her Monster Mom is walking free. :maddening:
I think for them to do a show on this it would unearth many more questions.
and someone out there does not want them unearthed.

I am shocked that none of the shows such as dateline or 20/20 has done a story on this one. It would seem to have all the things those types of shows look for. I am so tired of waiting for some sort of activity on little angel baby's case. I hope that you are wrong songline. I hope that this is not being shoved under the rug, but agree that it sure feels that way at times.

sigh. Everytime I see this thread bold on my subscription list my heart skips a little beat and I think "maybe there's news! Activity"

Love and light to you AngelBaby Shaniya. We will not forget.

I agree Jetaime. This case has changed me forever.

But the certain Orlando case has not seen justice yet either.
And it's been longer.

IMO It just takes time.

But I am tired of waiting.

Thanks Kimberly.
I watch all the hearings/interviews etc as much as everyone else in the Orlando case, and I'm so excited baby Cays will finally be getting her justice soon.
I just wish Shaniya was getting as much media attention focused on her trials/rulings etc. Both [and all other] murdered baby cases are incomprehensible. But I feel the media has been way too hush hush for Shaniya. It upsets me that everyone knows who the A's are, but when I ask [in my group of *True Crime* friends, family] "What's going on with Antoinette Davis"?.... EVERYONE says 'who'? I'm not trying to be combative toward the media... I just don't understand.

I really think it has a lot to do with the Sunshine law. There is so much to report on in Florida cases because there is so much information available.

NC keeps most info to theirselves until trial. So reporters really don't have any details.

Shaniya's case did get a lot of coverage in the early days. But now all they can they can do is wait for court action, and this case has been continued so many times.

JMO

I am shocked that none of the shows such as dateline or 20/20 has done a story on this one. It would seem to have all the things those types of shows look for. I am so tired of waiting for some sort of activity on little angel baby's case. I hope that you are wrong songline. I hope that this is not being shoved under the rug, but agree that it sure feels that way at times.

sigh. Everytime I see this thread bold on my subscription list my heart skips a little beat and I think "maybe there's news! Activity"

Love and light to you AngelBaby Shaniya. We will not forget.
I sure hope I am wrong too. I sure rather not be right on this topic.
I hope we do get some encouraging news. SADLY my antena is NOT getting that it has not been put on a shelf :( and sadly I do not like that her father is not banging down every door to get this case moving. If he was banging down doors we would hear about it.

thanks kimberly.
I watch all the hearings/interviews etc as much as everyone else in the orlando case, and i'm so excited baby cays will finally be getting her justice soon.
I just wish shaniya was getting as much media attention focused on her trials/rulings etc. Both [and all other] murdered baby cases are incomprehensible. But i feel the media has been way too hush hush for shaniya. It upsets me that everyone knows who the a's are, but when i ask [in my group of *true crime* friends, family] "what's going on with antoinette davis"?.... Everyone says 'who'? I'm not trying to be combative toward the media... I just don't understand.
great post :)

There really aren't any updates to report IMO.

Unless they want to report on the continuances.

In a state that averages 2-3 years before murder trials begin, I'm sure the media in the area are used to waiting in trials.

JMO

There really aren't any updates to report IMO.

Unless they want to report on the continuances.

In a state that averages 2-3 years before murder trials begin, I'm sure the media in the area are used to waiting in trials.

JMO

I agree- there isn't anything to report right now. Just meant maybe it would help others to feel they could do something while waiting. :blowkiss:

(And now that you mention it...reporting on the continuances isn't a bad idea. ;) )

Maybe it would be productive to call or email some of the local news stations and reporters, and request an updated story on Shaniya's case?
I think that is a great idea, been a bit busy with ill family and I WILL take this suggestion seriously, as soon as I can, but not just to feel productive hope to stirr them up a little :)

Stir away, my friend!
I'll call WRAL and ask if they will consider doing a story on human trafficking.

I just emailed WRAL and asked them to do a follow-up story on Shaniya.

I just emailed WRAL and asked them to do a follow-up story on Shaniya.

Thank you, suzyq! I did also. Shaniya is not forgotten in any way at all, but a reminder from the media of that would be very welcome. I hope they will.

Stir away, my friend!
I'll call WRAL and ask if they will consider doing a story on human trafficking.

THANK YOU Oriah - I for one would appreciate it very very much.
Because of this case I participate in a National walk for Human Trafficking in the fall. (My walk is in NYC)

In addition: I just finished a 5-mile walk this weekend for Mental Health Awareness.

THANK YOU WS for helping me learn so much about the topics that make a difference.
I do walk my talk. :)

THANK YOU Oriah - I for one would appreciate it very very much.
Because of this case I participate in a National walk for Human Trafficking in the fall. (My walk is in NYC)

In addition: I just finished a 5-mile walk this weekend for Mental Health Awareness.

THANK YOU WS for helping me learn so much about the topics that make a difference.
I do walk my talk. :)

Yes you do!! :-) I would love to walk with you this fall!

Yes you do!! :-) I would love to walk with you this fall!
I will post it when it is time.
If you are not in NY I will send you a link to other areas in the country.
THANK YOU SuzyQ. :blowkiss: You are such a love.

Maybe it would be productive to call or email some of the local news stations and reporters, and request an updated story on Shaniya's case?

With all due respect: Why not just quote me? I hope you don't mind me answering, because I'm not all rant. I have emailed several news stations asking for more attention re: Shaniya and I have NEVER once received a response. I understand the reply *above* that there hasn't been much to report... but I don't even get that response. Nothing. But even when there's nothing to report about other cases, I guarantee I can tell you what they had for breakfast/lunch/dinner- behind bars. In my experience,the media doesn't care about our inquiries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member