NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The state won't release any info. We will not know any more than we know now until after the trial starts IMO.

Yes you do!! :) I would love to walk with you this fall!

SuziQ: This just came in my e-mail...So I went to the site and this is for your review.
But the walk is in every state, so everyone can walk.
I did not have time to review but it is about the WALK against Child Trafficking, I think I will do either a T-shirt or a sign this time,
that I am walking for Shaniya Davis.

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact...j9H8FNmjleInP5Yy0RWkybCUnM2mG9Ai2a7BBRz8Ydg==

OK - I did review ---

When I realized that there is no walk in NYC this year I called in for clarification.
Sadly there was no sponsor for it this year :( that is only a sign of how much of a taboo this topic is :(
The Anywhere walk is designed for that reason. so if your state does not have a walk you can
put together a small walk and fund raiser yourself. but I was told there will be a fund raiser for NY
in the near future. So when I get that e-mail I will advise you all.

Is this a joke????

http://fayobserver.com/articles/2011/05/11/1093457

DSS director Jackson receives good review from Social Services board

Brenda Reid Jackson has received some hefty criticism in the last year, but the Cumberland County Social Services Board said Wednesday they were satisfied with her performance as director.

Overall, we were very satisfied with the direction our director is taking our agency," said Mary Deyampert McCall, acting chairwoman of the Social Services Board.

Jackson was sharply criticized in October by then-District Attorney Ed Grannis. He accused Jackson and her staff of hindering Fayetteville police in their investigation of the murder of 5-year-old Shaniya Davis, whose family had been involved with Social Services before she was killed.

:waitasec: So you can hide stuff from LE because you dropped the ball and still get a good review????
GMAB

Is this a joke????

http://fayobserver.com/articles/2011/05/11/1093457

DSS director Jackson receives good review from Social Services board

Brenda Reid Jackson has received some hefty criticism in the last year, but the Cumberland County Social Services Board said Wednesday they were satisfied with her performance as director.

Overall, we were very satisfied with the direction our director is taking our agency," said Mary Deyampert McCall, acting chairwoman of the Social Services Board.

Jackson was sharply criticized in October by then-District Attorney Ed Grannis. He accused Jackson and her staff of hindering Fayetteville police in their investigation of the murder of 5-year-old Shaniya Davis, whose family had been involved with Social Services before she was killed.

:waitasec: So you can hide stuff from LE because you dropped the ball and still get a good review????
GMAB

"...a thumbs up"?????
Well, now we know where their priorities lie. This time, the comments below the article are right on the money! Unbelievable! Trying to stay positive...

Man accused of rape, murder of Shaniya Davis, 5, asks for release from prison
May 17th, 2011

:furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

Continue reading on Examiner.com: Man accused of rape, murder of Shaniya Davis, 5, asks for release from prison - National Crime | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-na...-5-asks-for-release-from-prison#ixzz1MiFiFyBa

I DO NOT BELIEVE HE WOULD BE ASKING FOR A RELEASE UNLESS HE FELT SOME LIENINCY. :furious:
I also think they are going to linger and linger till we forget all the details (not we at WS – who documented it all) The public at large.

Man accused of rape, murder of Shaniya Davis, 5, asks for release from prison
May 17th, 2011

:furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

Continue reading on Examiner.com: Man accused of rape, murder of Shaniya Davis, 5, asks for release from prison - National Crime | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-na...-5-asks-for-release-from-prison#ixzz1MiFiFyBa

I DO NOT BELIEVE HE WOULD BE ASKING FOR A RELEASE UNLESS HE FELT SOME LIENINCY. :furious:
I also think they are going to linger and linger till we forget all the details (not we at WS – who documented it all) The public at large.

Wow...I am stunned. That this arrogant #$%&*@ has the AUDACITY to ask for release...because it's EASIER? Seriously, the both of them need to be in jail, I cannot fathom why that woman is walking free. Oh, I am just furious now!

Wow...I am stunned. That this arrogant #$%&*@ has the AUDACITY to ask for release...because it's EASIER? Seriously, the both of them need to be in jail, I cannot fathom why that woman is walking free. Oh, I am just furious now!

I saw this in my paper this morning. WTH? Can you beleive how it was written? Anyone know when this trial starts?:sick:

This is unbeliveable :maddening: WTH is wrong with NC:maddening:

Will Shaniya and Zahra ever get Justice:maddening:

And this snip
He is being held behind bars for his own safety, according to WRAL.

Really his own safety:banghead:

Nice letter..
He should have said "let me out so that I can collect on the rest of the debts people owe to me":loser:

It's time to get this case to a Grand Jury and get justice for Shania once and for all. She was such a beautiful child.

This is unbeliveable :maddening: WTH is wrong with NC:maddening:

Will Shaniya and Zahra ever get Justice:maddening:

And this snip
He is being held behind bars for his own safety, according to WRAL.

Really his own safety:banghead:

I wonder if they have him in isolation? They dont like baby killers in jail.

The letter was written 1/11/11.

Glad to see this case is important. Eyeroll.

That has been my point for months now :banghead::banghead::banghead:
I have no idea why some want to stroke NC Legal System. It is not feeling right to me from the second this mom was released, <Mod Snip>

Nice letter..
He should have said "let me out so that I can collect on the rest of the debts people owe to me":loser:

It's time to get this case to a Grand Jury and get justice for Shania once and for all. She was such a beautiful child.

...and the complete ARROGANCE...wow, this blows me away.

I don't see anybody "stroking" NC's legal system. It has been documented that the average time it takes in NC before a murder trial begins is 2-3 years.

It's been 1 year and 6 months.

It ticks us all off, but it takes time.

I still don't see this as hushed. Just a state that does not have a law that makes all info public (like the sunshine law in Florida).

The letter ticks me off but it has nothing to do with NC. He wrote it. He is still in jail. They didn't let him out.

Her mother being out is the worst for me. I do not understand that part at all, and never will.

I will not bash her father because we don't know what his actions have been since the murder and we have been told numerous times to leave him out of it.

JMO

What trial?

2 years and they have not even been to GJ yet :maddening:
snip
Neither McNeill nor Davis has yet been indicted by the grand jury, which must happen before the cases can be tried.

http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/2011/05/18/1095116?sac=Home

It's been 1 year, 6 months.
Some articles I pulled some time back. As you can see, this is the norm in NC.

http://charlotte.news14.com/content...-c--murder-case-may-take-years-to-go-to-court

Average N.C. Murder Case May Take Years to Go to Court

***article would not let me snip, but the reason it takes so long is explained at the link***

So, this is not just Shaniya's case. It's not swept under a rug. This is common in N.C. (I think it's common everywhere)

http://heraldsun.com/view/full_story/8451322/article-Hidden-costs-for-N-C--courts

Hidden Costs For N.C. Courts

These are N.C.&#8217;s budget priorities: Kids first, cops second, courts and jails go last.

It goes for evidence. North Carolina&#8217;s DNA testing labs are overwhelmed with evidence.

It goes for people in jail. It takes an average of two years of discovery before murder cases go to tiral, and many defendants spend that time in prison &#8211; without a conviction.

BBM

http://thedailynewsonline.com/news/article_92d8a64e-3871-5816-b211-62fc9dfa539f.html

North Carolina murder case languishes

Nearly three years after a North Carolina man was stabbed to death, two Batavians and a man from Cattaraugus County have yet to face trial.

"We have a backlog of cases," Burke County, N.C. District Attorney James Gaither said of a case that is not even on a future court calendar.

All that time in jail and all he has time to write is..

To whom it may conern;
Release me.

(signs his name)

It's easiest.

:waitasec:

They responded with "You need to contact your attorney".

Not much to this IMO.
Anybody can write a ridiculous letter (or in this case a note).

Now, had the let him out, that would be different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nat Dru