NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last minute plea deal going on? I've been confused during trials with dockets on a couple other cases. Just guessing.

Last minute plea deal going on? I've been confused during trials with dockets on a couple other cases. Just guessing.

Good thought.
I can see MAM trying to avoid the DP at the last minute.
Still haven't heard back. Will try again on Monday.

What is happening here?!?! Bumping this very important thread for Shaniya's sake What is happening? Is there a trial going on? Why zero news coverage?

I'll give it a shot, LCoastMom. I am scratching my head on this one. Never had this happen before. Beginning to wonder if they had some sort of crazy last minute change of venue and a gag order? Can they do that? Or else I'm just an idiot and they've bumped it and the docket is just...wrong? One sure thing, no one's talking. :waitasec:

I'm scratching my head too. Can they impose a gag order during a trial? What happened to transparency of the courts?

I'm at a complete loss. I do hope the DA's office will get back to you - that they haven't returned your call is troubling too.

Shaniya - we're hanging in here for you baby girl.

Still perplexed on this end. No coverage, but still on the superior court docket which according to NC would be prosecution/defense days.

Shout out to any NC defense attorney?

Well, folks -- just looked at the docket for Cumberland Co. Superior Court & it looks like (for now, at least), it's set for December 06.

Defendant .... .............. Date of Birth ....Date ..........Room ... Session Case
MCNEILL,MARIO,ANDRETTE 04/30/1980 ....12/06/2011 ...004A ........AM ................ 2009CRS065760
MCNEILL,MARIO,ANDRETTE 04/30/1980 ....12/06/2011... 004A........ AM................. 2009CRS066040
MCNEILL,MARIO,ANDRETTE 04/30/1980 ....12/06/2011 ...004A........ AM ................ 2009CRS066041

Here is hers:

DAVIS,ANTOINETTE,NICOLE 07/03/1984... 12/06/2011....004A .......AM................. 2009CRS065834
DAVIS,ANTOINETTE,NICOLE 07/03/1984... 12/06/2011 ...004A''...... AM................. 2011CRS009135

This looks suspicious -- unless they're scheduling it for trying them together, which I very much doubt. They could simply be listing them there to determine a real date for trial -- I've seen this many times before.

They are still throwing the book at him....

Yeah, I don't think it's time to pop the popcorn and buy an extra box of tissues yet. Who knows when it will actually happen.. I could be wrong, but this doesn't look like it's gonna happen on the 6th.
icon9.gif

http://www1.aoc.state.nc.us/www/calendars/CriminalQuery.html

Thanks borndem - I'll be surprised if either trial starts Dec 6 unless it is only to set a date for jury selection beginning the 1st of the year. I've noticed courtrooms are a lot like other businesses where not much is accomplished between Thanksgiving and New Years.

Well, folks -- just looked at the docket for Cumberland Co. Superior Court & it looks like (for now, at least), it's set for December 06.

Defendant .... .............. Date of Birth ....Date ..........Room ... Session Case
MCNEILL,MARIO,ANDRETTE 04/30/1980 ....12/06/2011 ...004A ........AM ................ 2009CRS065760
MCNEILL,MARIO,ANDRETTE 04/30/1980 ....12/06/2011... 004A........ AM................. 2009CRS066040
MCNEILL,MARIO,ANDRETTE 04/30/1980 ....12/06/2011 ...004A........ AM ................ 2009CRS066041

Here is hers:

DAVIS,ANTOINETTE,NICOLE 07/03/1984... 12/06/2011....004A .......AM................. 2009CRS065834
DAVIS,ANTOINETTE,NICOLE 07/03/1984... 12/06/2011 ...004A''...... AM................. 2011CRS009135

This looks suspicious -- unless they're scheduling it for trying them together, which I very much doubt. They could simply be listing them there to determine a real date for trial -- I've seen this many times before.

Yeah, I don't think it's time to pop the popcorn and buy an extra box of tissues yet. Who knows when it will actually happen.. I could be wrong, but this doesn't look like it's gonna happen on the 6th.
icon9.gif

Thanks, borndem. I am so perplexed. Like- seriously perplexed. Is it possible there was additional evidence brought in the first 1/2 days of a trial, so they pushed the date out on the docket??

Gah. Perplexed.

What I do know is that Shaniya's pumpkin is still most perfect. I think I better bring it in before the next freeze, though.

Thanks, borndem. I am so perplexed. Like- seriously perplexed. Is it possible there was additional evidence brought in the first 1/2 days of a trial, so they pushed the date out on the docket??

Gah. Perplexed.

What I do know is that Shaniya's pumpkin is still most perfect. I think I better bring it in before the next freeze, though.

Thanks, Oriah! :)

This case brought me to my knees.

But I have gotten back up, and I will stand with all of you, and demand Justice for this precious, beautiful little girl Shaniya.

I hope her mother is spending every single day ridden with guilt, regret, shame, despair and intense, agonizing, unending pain.

I hope her killer's life is unbearable each and every day. I hope he never experiences another moment of anything good in his life. I hope he is filled with fear, pain,agony and suffering a million times greater than that which he inflicted on that innocent, beautiful child.

Little Jahessye Shockley seems to have experienced almost the same situation as Shaniya. She went from a loving, secure home with relatives into the abusive, hateful house with her bio mother. Now she is gone. Details of her abuse are coming out now, and it is just devastating. Why do people do this to their children???

Little Jahessye Shockley seems to have experienced almost the same situation as Shaniya. She went from a loving, secure home with relatives into the abusive, hateful house with her bio mother. Now she is gone. Details of her abuse are coming out now, and it is just devastating. Why do people do this to their children???

Because they are evil.

That's the only explanation I can come up with.

:(

Thanks borndem - I'll be surprised if either trial starts Dec 6 unless it is only to set a date for jury selection beginning the 1st of the year. I've noticed courtrooms are a lot like other businesses where not much is accomplished between Thanksgiving and New Years.

Good thought, LCM -- Yeah, I don't know much about all this "juggling" -- at least as it appears to us!

I do know that a trial here in Wake County, here in NC (site of the State Capital, large population -- for NC -- and a fairly large number of State prosecution personnel), was scheduled to start in the November, 2011, time-frame, and the County's funds for experts, prosecution personnel overtime pay, etc., etc., was low due to a previous murder-in-the-1st trial. The Nov. trial was re-scheduled to early in 2012. The delay was due to certain trial principals' scheduling problems.

Wake County Superior Court has a monthly scheduling meeting, led by the Judge who has been assigned certain trials, to check with prosecutors and defense attorneys to see how those cases can be scheduled. I suspect this same type meeting occurs in Cumberland County. Maybe that's what happened.

Or not!!!

Who knoze?? :waitasec: Only the Shadow do....

I am thinking of Shaniya today and can hardly wait for justice to be served for her!

Good thought, LCM -- Yeah, I don't know much about all this "juggling" -- at least as it appears to us!

I do know that a trial here in Wake County, here in NC (site of the State Capital, large population -- for NC -- and a fairly large number of State prosecution personnel), was scheduled to start in the November, 2011, time-frame, and the County's funds for experts, prosecution personnel overtime pay, etc., etc., was low due to a previous murder-in-the-1st trial. The Nov. trial was re-scheduled to early in 2012. The delay was due to certain trial principals' scheduling problems.

Wake County Superior Court has a monthly scheduling meeting, led by the Judge who has been assigned certain trials, to check with prosecutors and defense attorneys to see how those cases can be scheduled. I suspect this same type meeting occurs in Cumberland County. Maybe that's what happened.

Or not!!!

Who knoze?? :waitasec: Only the Shadow do....

That's a thought too, borndem. Cumberland does as well. You'd think I'd be able to get a clear answer- but no luck yet. :(

This case has not stopped haunting me, and I am devastated that these two are still alive! Praying that we get justice for beautiful Shaniya soon...

Thinking of you beautiful angel - waiting patiently for your justice.

Here is hers:

icon9.gif

Bumping borndem's post cos today is the day. Wish we knew exactly what today is!

Shaniya, I have not forgotten you and the justice you deserve. Not finding any outcomes from the court today either.

I think, as speculated earlier, it was to set dates for after the new year?

Shaniya, you should be getting all excited for the holiday season right about now. But that innocence and joy was stolen from you so viciously that it has taken more than two years to even begin to bring you justice.
I hope in Heaven there is no sense of time- except to know eternal love.

Rest knowing that we are all still here for you, beautiful child- waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BootsMinor