NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://fortbragg.patch.com/articles/video-senate-discusses-sex-trafficking-bill

Senate Passed Legislation on Sex Trafficking Bill, a Victory for Victims

On February 28, the reauthorization act, a 1994 law, was passed, a victory for those victims of domestic and sexual violence.

In our own backyard there have been many human trafficking cases. The most notorious local case has been about the five-year-old Shaniya Davis crime that took place in 2009.

Happy April, everyone!

Let's hope for no more foot dragging and some justice for Shaniya. Soon. :(

http://www.wral.com/nc-judge-denies-request-to-continue-mcneill-trial/12295728/

NC judge denies request to continue McNeill trial

WTVD in Durham reported (http://bit.ly/103Qxaw) that Mario McNeill and his attorneys were in a Cumberland County courtroom Tuesday, seeking another continuance.

McNeill's trial is set to start on Monday. He's accused of raping and killing Shaniya Davis in 2009. His trial was originally scheduled to start in February.

Thank you for this information. I will be praying for the worst outcome legally possible for these monsters until they arrive at the gates of hell. I will keep checking for updates but can't cope with hearing the horrific details and seeing the surveillance footage of the lift again it breaks my heart too much.

Take care all of you who are following the trial and maybe going to the court house you all in my thoughts during what will be a very difficult case to observe. Remember to take time out when it gets too much. R.I.P Shaniya you will never be forgotten even though your case is nearly here.

Thank you for this information. I will be praying for the worst outcome legally possible for these monsters until they arrive at the gates of hell. I will keep checking for updates but can't cope with hearing the horrific details and seeing the surveillance footage of the lift again it breaks my heart too much.

Take care all of you who are following the trial and maybe going to the court house you all in my thoughts during what will be a very difficult case to observe. Remember to take time out when it gets too much. R.I.P Shaniya you will never be forgotten even though your case is nearly here.

Amen! Well said.

Just a slap??? ... like to punch his face in.

I wonder if he'll be wearing that dayam smirk when he's sitting up at the front of the courtroom on Monday?

This will be a tuff one to hear/read about, but I'll be keeping up. We need to be there for our Shaniya.

She's one of the littlest angels...

I'm coming back into this case after being on other cases, so please forgive the probably 45th time this has been asked: Is there any TV coverage planned? tia

IDK but dad seems conspicuously absent since the press attention abated. JMO but Mark Lunsford and Mark Klaas were front and center to see justice for their children and that speaks volumes to me.

<modsnip>

It is MOO about dad but he makes me sick.

Shaniya deserved better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hiya, Knot :seeya: -- We go from one horribility (my made-up word) to another & back again, don't we? This ~man~ McNeil, is another one for that special place down beneath the worst of the worst.

So I wonder how he is going to explain the pic of him at the elevator with Shaniya?

Using the word ravish, seems so odd to me.

Ima

I agree, Imamaze. It's not a commonly used word. The first 2 defs, seen below are similar to each other -- and i think MM actually meant both the first two. But the third def is the def most of us think of when we see the word used. It's odd that the 3rd def is so very different, IMO, from the first two. And I think the 3rd example is the one we want it to mean when we use it, if ever we use it, IMO.

prime.gif
ibreve.gif
sh)tr.v. rav·ished, rav·ish·ing, rav·ish·es 1. To seize and carry away by force.
2. To force (another) to have sexual intercourse; rape.
3. To overwhelm with emotion; enrapture. See Synonyms at enrapture.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/ravish

I think the word "ravage" is more commonly used to refer to destruction and ruining something.

I don't believe that MM had enuff brains to use that particular word because he can't be that intelligent, or he wouldn't have been writing the letters in the first place. Clearly this ~man~ must have seen it used in some legal sense pertaining to his own crime to know to use that particular word. IOW, he's just not that smart, IMO....
icon8.gif

Heck, I had to go look it up in the dictionary to see what it actually meant; so now we have all learned a little. But I don't like the huge difference in the actual defs. There's a big jump from def 2 to def 3. Who'd'a thunk it??

Here ends the English lesson for the day and the mini-rant about MM...

And thanks, Imamaze, for all you do for us on this board!!
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

Here's to victory for little Shaniya and the People of the State of North Carolina!! Keep the faith everyone!

I wonder if he'll be wearing that dayam smirk when he's sitting up at the front of the courtroom on Monday?

This will be a tuff one to hear/read about, but I'll be keeping up. We need to be there for our Shaniya.

She's one of the littlest angels...

I'm coming back into this case after being on other cases, so please forgive the probably 45th time this has been asked: Is there any TV coverage planned? tia

I don't think I could control my actions if I was in a court room with him smirking away. I would be spending the night in the cells for contempt for shouting abuse at him. Believe me he won't be smirking at the end just like Drew Peterson.

Any updates of the trial would be very much appreciated. If anyone posting links to the trial could warn about graphic content I would be very grateful so I and others know not to view it that would be great. Thanks all.

http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/2013/04/02/1247744?sac=fo.local
Judge denies second continuance for Mario Andrette McNeill in Shaniya Davis murder trial
Lawyers for the man accused of raping and killing 5-year-old Shaniya Davis were denied a second continuance in the case Tuesday in Cumberland County Superior Court.
Mario Andrette McNeill's lawyers said they needed more time to consult with their experts.
Senior Resident Superior Court Judge Jim Ammons, who is scheduled to try the case, turned down the request.

So... McNeill is now claiming the pics on his phone are of Shaniya's (now23) aunt, and the defense wants a physical examination to check. RUFnKidding me?

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=9051858
Court docs: Shaniya Davis' aunt dated alleged killer
On Monday, the trial for one of the most notorious murder cases in the state in the last decade will begin.
Mario McNeill, her accused murderer, goes on trial Monday. In an attempt to delay the trial, stacks of last-minute motions were filed this week.
Through court documents, ABC11 learned that McNeill may have known Shaniya's family long before her murder.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=9051858
Court docs: Shaniya Davis' aunt dated alleged killer
On Monday, the trial for one of the most notorious murder cases in the state in the last decade will begin.
Mario McNeill, her accused murderer, goes on trial Monday. In an attempt to delay the trial, stacks of last-minute motions were filed this week.
Through court documents, ABC11 learned that McNeill may have known Shaniya's family long before her murder.

Thanks for the link Imma Be.

I seem to remember this tidbit of info from early on in the case. That he had once dated the aunt.

But it's been years so my memory may be a tad bit foggy.

Thanks for the link Imma Be.

I seem to remember this tidbit of info from early on in the case. That he had once dated the aunt.

But it's been years so my memory may be a tad bit foggy.

I thought we had heard that before too Kimberly. Gosh I hope this trial starts Monday. I really want to see that smirk taken off of his face.

Good to see you around Kimberly :)

Ima

I'm moving this to the trial forum since it starts Monday...

Please be on the look out for tweeter feeds, live stream links and updates on following the trial so we can all follow along. It will be much appreciated.

Justice for Shaniya!

http://www.fayobserver.com/articles/2013/04/02/1247744?sac=fo.local
Judge denies second continuance for Mario Andrette McNeill in Shaniya Davis murder trial
Lawyers for the man accused of raping and killing 5-year-old Shaniya Davis were denied a second continuance in the case Tuesday in Cumberland County Superior Court.
Mario Andrette McNeill's lawyers said they needed more time to consult with their experts.
Senior Resident Superior Court Judge Jim Ammons, who is scheduled to try the case, turned down the request.

BBM How interesting. Experts in what field exactly I wonder. Cause if I am not mistaken, this fool claims innocence. Experts in innocence? Never heard of em. MOO

I can't wait for this trial. This case like so many others it seems, has stuck with me and become a part of me in some very real way.

I am compelled to see it through for this little punkin. Beautiful baby girl. Still can't imagine why. What compels such an act. Even now, after so many cases have followed Shaniya's in which some beast has committed the same acts of horror on children younger than she, I still cannot accept it or wrap my head round that level of despicable evil.

the image of little Shaniya, resting in that monster's arm, as he entered the elevator remains etched in my brain. I saw that photo and and my brain insisted that she was trusting of him. That nothing bad was happening. I was so new. So new to following these crimes against children, so new to WS, I just could not process the horror that was revealed.

Come on trial.

I just read the very very basics of the case. I plan on following. Like John Walsh ays "there is a special place in hell for those who harm children". And in this case, it applies to both 'mother' and killer. Argh.

I just read the very very basics of the case. I plan on following. Like John Walsh ays "there is a special place in hell for those who harm children". And in this case, it applies to both 'mother' and killer. Argh.

This gives me comfort:

Luke 17

1 Then said he unto the disciples, It is impossible but that offences will come: but woe unto him, through whom they come!

2 It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.

I just noticed we are at 1200 posts here. I'm gonna start a new thread and lock it until Monday morning. Please alert the thread so that it gets opened in time to begin following this trial. Once the trial starts, we can lock this one up.

Salem

ETA: Trial thread is here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204207"]Found Deceased NC-Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 TRIAL THREAD WEEK 1 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rich Panda