NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What do we know about April Autry; McNeill's girlfriend who attended his hearing. Found this through Pipl:

April Autry, Fayetteville, a girl, *advertiser censored****** J**** McN** ... [ www.fayobserver.com ]. Madison County Obits... FEBRUARY 16, 2005

I can't seem to find this.

EDITED TO TAKE NAME OUT

I found the answer to my own question regarding the NC "human trafficking" offense. Seems like it's pretty broad so it could be a one-time deal with MAM or it could be a pedophile/child sex ring:

http://www.ncleg.net/enactedlegislation/statutes/html/bysection/chapter_14/gs_14-43.11.html
North Carolina General Statutes

§ 14‑43.11. Human trafficking.
(a) A person commits the offense of human trafficking when that person knowingly recruits, entices, harbors, transports, provides, or obtains by any means another person with the intent that the other person be held in involuntary servitude or sexual servitude.
(b) A person who violates this section is guilty of a Class F felony if the victim of the offense is an adult. A person who violates this section is guilty of a Class C felony if the victim of the offense is a minor.
(c) Each violation of this section constitutes a separate offense and shall not merge with any other offense. Evidence of failure to deliver benefits or perform services standing alone shall not be sufficient to authorize a conviction under this section.
(d) A person who is not a legal resident of North Carolina, and would consequently be ineligible for State public benefits or services, shall be eligible for the public benefits and services of any State agency if the person is otherwise eligible for the public benefit and is a victim of an offense charged under this section. Eligibility for public benefits and services shall terminate at such time as the victim's eligibility to remain in the United States is terminated under federal law. (2006‑247, s. 20(b); 2007‑547, s. 1.)

They may be basing ground searches on cell phone pings from McNeill. What I don't understand is why no info on his vehicle where the public could possibly help with sightings to any locations he may have been at during the crucial timeline?

Did LE specifically say prostitution ring? Because from what I'm picking up, it looks like individual pedophiles may be more common customers for very young children. (I have no statistics to support that, it's just my impression so far. MOO)

I do see what you're saying but I wonder if there is a separate charges for single acts of prostituting your child vs selling them in the form of human trafficking. Anyone have a reference to NC law? I think if she was sold only to MAM, then unfortunately she's likely no longer alive... If she was sold to a pedophile ring, then she's probably alive b/c she's a commodity. MOO.

(bbm) Thank you BeanE and belimom for making this important distinction, I think it's the "trafficking" charge--and frankly our own theorizing here--which once left the impression LE was operating on the theory Shaniya may have been handed off or changed hands more than one time. I haven't been clear on the distinction myself, this isn't anything that's been part of my world--thankfully, woefully--I'm now getting an education. :(

:parrot:

I would pay good money to have 5 minutes alone with this mother right now!:banghead:

I wonder in this group of people if a child ever 'disappeared' before?
I'm thinking this might not be the first time some of the players did this.
AD lured dad to give her back to her.....had a plan from the start.
Why would any one ever plan this type of thing to happen to a child?
But then again, sloppy plans and amature type also.........
McNeill known drug dealer would know under world from jail.
thinking out of the box again
, sorry

A ground search does not sound good to me.

Maybe they know that the only place McNeill went after leaving the Hotel - was back to Fayetteville - and he showed up back there without Shaniya.

Still - either they don't have him leaving the Hotel on camera at all - or they have him leaving with Shaniya - for that thought to work.

Cuz if they have him on camera leaving without Shaniya - the ground search does not make as much sense to me.

Well I've been thinking that something went wrong that AD called LE so soon after McNeill left with Shaniya. Could McNeill have found out that AD screwed up, knew the heat would be on, and got rid of the 'evidence'?

Or did he go to the hotel to clean her up/change her appearance, and then take her along this route to the next person in the chain, or to the final customer? She could have been sold locally.

Cleaning her up before delivering her to a local customer makes sense to me, especially if they were going to pay a large amount for her.

MOO/speculating
I'm thinking that AD called 911 because she had to account for Shaniya not being at the mobile home (or with her, wherever) maybe because she was going to hear from the dad. So she tries to set up Coe to buy time for McNeill to deliver Shaniya to the traffickers. I'm still focusing on the blanket as an important part of the picture. Let's say Shaniya wasn't in any condition for the traffickers to complete the deal (and they rejected her, cancelling the deal) so McNeill can't go back home with her and disposes of her on his way back home. That could explain a lot of things such as no apparent money transfer and why LE is now focusing on a ground search. MOO

Well, "ground search" to me means looking for remains. MOO

ITA, why do a ground search if Shaniya was sold off?? IMO MAM is the perp, HE bought her , used her, and disposed of her

So they are conducting their search at N.C. Highway 87 and Walker Road
according to wral....

ITA, why do a ground search if Shaniya was sold off?? IMO MAM is the perp, HE bought her , used her, and disposed of her

Disposed of evidence?
A phone chucked out the window?
clothes? blanket? did they change her appearance during the hour in the hotel?
Maybe they have reason to believe the transfer occured here?

Here are her charges:

http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/11/15/952410

"Shaniya's mother, Antoinette Nicole Davis, 25, was charged at 9:12 p.m. Saturday with human trafficking, felony child abuse - prostitution, filing a false police report, and resisting, delaying or obstructing justice."

Here are the NC Statutes:

http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/EnactedLegislation/Statutes/HTML/ByArticle/Chapter_14/Article_27.html

Prostitution.

§ 14‑203. Definition of terms.
The term "prostitution" shall be construed to include the offering or receiving of the body for sexual intercourse for hire, and shall also be construed to include the offering or receiving of the body for indiscriminate sexual intercourse without hire. The term "assignation" shall be construed to include the making of any appointment or engagement for prostitution or any act in furtherance of such appointment or engagement. (1919, c. 215, s. 2; C.S., s. 4357.)

So it seems like she has charges of both "human trafficking" and "felony child abuse - prostitution". I know it seems like I may be nitpicking at the details, but I do believe that the human trafficking charge may mean the circle of perps is larger than MAM. Any thoughts?

NC Route 87 and Walker Road looks like a heavily wooded area. I pray that he just dropped her off and they find her huddled up somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aurorabae