NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Forensics on site (from sdw's link) that sounds bad.

I have to go, I dread what I find when I get back, but if I don't go, I'll be diapering my kids in newspaper and duct tape.

Prayers for Shaniya.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Thank you for levity in this sad case

Fayetteville police confirmed Sunday that they were searching on the ground for a missing 5-year-old girl between Fayetteville and Sanford. Chopper 11 confirms a Fayetville forensics truck is on the scene and officers are searching near Walker Road off Highway 87 in the Sanford area.Witnesses told ABC11 Eyewitness News they saw officers searching a ravine in that area around 10 a.m.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=7119632

McNeill surrendered to police Friday and was charged with first-degree kidnapping. Police say he admitted kidnapping the child but doesn’t know where she is now.

This is strange, if he murdered her why would he surrender and admit taking her. Something is not right. I would think he would run.

When I first started to visit here I thought man some of these people here are so negative. These missing babies will turn up ok, one after another they do not. The case is baptisim by fire. I am sick

Wwwwwwhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyy

Not sure if the why is for me or not. If you are posting something and others come along later on and start reading, they have no idea where to reference where this information is coming from.

Oh no :( I like the idea that this is just a distraction, but of course that is just wishful thinking. The only positive that would come from Shaniya being found in the woods, is that she will not be subjected to the life of abuse we feared.
Those are my thoughts also, in this case, death would be a blessing. It seems she already suffered enough in the three weeks she was with "mom". It is so heartbreaking to look at this photo http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=7119632 and then the one of her being carried into the elevator. MOO

Not sure if the why is for me or not. If you are posting something and others come along later on and start reading, they have no idea where to reference where this information is coming from.

No Patty G I'm just expressing my saddness

I thought I had read that the video is long BEFORE the 5-6am 911 call.

Quick timeline review:

The girl was last seen early Tuesday morning at a Sanford hotel. Surveillance video showed Mario Andrette McNeill carrying Shaniya into the hotel at 6:11 a.m. They were at the hotel for about an hour...Davis reported Tuesday at 6:53 a.m. that her daughter was missing from the Sleepy Hollow Mobile Home Park off Murchison Road. She told police she last saw Shaniya at 5:30 that morning.

per http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/11/15/952445
BBM

McNeill surrendered to police Friday and was charged with first-degree kidnapping. Police say he admitted kidnapping the child but doesn’t know where she is now.

This is strange, if he murdered her why would he surrender and admit taking her. Something is not right. I would think he would run.

Well, they have him on video with her. So he really can't dispute that he had her at one point. But until they can link him further, he can always say something to the effect that mom asked him to take her to such-and-such for her, so he did. By the way, I thought he admitting to *taking her* but I thought he pleaded *not guilty* to the kidnapping charges. Anyone know or have a link to that report?

ETA: Okay found it:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091113/ap_on_re_us/us_girl_disappears_nc

FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. – A North Carolina man has admitted to kidnapping a 5-year-old girl, authorities said Friday, but investigators still have not found the child more than three days after she disappeared from a mobile home park.
But the attorney for Mario Andrette McNeill, 29, said Friday that his client would plead not guilty to kidnapping Shaniya Davis. Fayetteville Police Department spokeswoman Theresa Chance said McNeill admitted taking the girl.

I know what you mean! That, PLUS the fact that a MOTEL was involved at all, still makes me think he was a delivery boy for something bigger. However, if that is so....this ground search thing doesn't follow at all.
Unless something bad happened at the motel and the deal wasn't completed. There are still a lot of things that aren't making sense. MOO

is there any live news coverage?

What is odd to me is we have not heard any thing about her being with him when he left the hotel,we know he stayed an hour but nothing else.

anyone on listening to the scanner?

Well, they have him on video with her. So he really can't dispute that he had her at one point. But until they can link him further, he can always say something to the effect that mom asked him to take her to such-and-such for her, so he did. By the way, I thought he admitting to *taking her* but I thought he pleaded *not guilty* to the kidnapping charges. Anyone know or have a link to that report?

"Fayetteville police spokeperson Theresa Chance said McNeill turned himself in Thursday night and has been questioned. She said he admitted to taking Davis.

McNeill has an extensive criminal background. An ABC11 check of his record turned up convictions for selling illegal drugs, assault, shooting into an occupied home, and more.

He was arraigned on first-degree kidnapping charges Friday and was ordered held on $100,000 bond. His lawyer said he would enter a not guilty plea."

Here's this from ABC today:
McNeill has an extensive criminal background. An ABC11 check of his record turned up convictions for selling illegal drugs, assault, shooting into an occupied home, and more.

He was arraigned on first-degree kidnapping charges Friday and was ordered held on $100,000 bond. His lawyer said he would enter a not guilty plea.

I understand where this is going.

But wouldn't forensics and K9 be on any ground search?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faithfülly