NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I rarely post here, but if I'm right there with you all. I'm so distraught right now. It's difficult to keep up a "normal" appearance at work. I don't know what I believe about the afterlife and God, but I do think that Shaniya is better off now. I know she's not in any more pain, not frightened anymore.

As for the "mother"--one of the most disturbing thoughts to me is the idea that the prostitution was premeditated. That is, that maybe she and her sister hatched this repulsive plan to pimp out her beautiful daughter and that is expressly why she asked for custody of her.

I hope NC's Dept. of Children check out the other children in that mobile home thoroughly!! They may have been abused also!!:banghead:

I rarely post here, but I'm right there with you all. I'm so distraught right now. It's difficult to keep up a "normal" appearance at work. I don't know what I believe about the afterlife and God, but I do think that Shaniya is better off now. I know she's not in any more pain, not frightened anymore.

As for the "mother"--one of the most disturbing thoughts to me is the idea that the prostitution was premeditated. That is, that maybe she and her sister hatched this repulsive plan to pimp out her beautiful daughter and that is expressly why she asked for custody of her.

I believe you hit the nail on the head. She wanted Shaniya because she could use her to make money.

I could be halfway across heaven and earth,I wouldn't drop my child off anywhere for five minutes that I hadn't taken a long time to investigate everything about where my daughter would be.We check out daycares,schools and alot of us even places and people our children spend the night at.This was a place she was going to live,not visit for a day.

I hear everything you're saying here. Trust me, I'm sure Shaniya's father is just wishing he could turn back time and check out everything before Shaniya was to live there.

Unfortunately, it's not unusual for children from divorced/separated/unmarried parents to bounce back and forth between them. My parents never went into one anothers homes after they divorced. It might have been something you would insist on.. but I don't believe it's common place for parents to be detectives either.

tHERESA cHANCE, JUST SAID THEY WILL HAVE MORE INFO AT 4:30 EASTERN TIME
Im really getting sick and tired of Theresa Chance!!!Where the heck is that Baby at lady???!!!Someone needs to hurry and find Shaniya, we are wasting precious time and we got to save Shaniya!!!!

I don't understand the bashing of the father... I'm lost on it. He just lost his daughter, and while he may not be a saint, he doesn't deserve such disdain and having blame put on him. Yes, I have read the whole case... and we should all be thankful that it is not us in his shoes.

RIP Shaniya... your voice may be quieted, but there are people that will be your voice, that will work hard to make sure justice is served...

Someone is going to have to id the body.
No need to bash DAD, he is doing it to himself right now, and if he is the one to id her, whatever wrong choices he made, he will hold himself accountable....
My heart goes out to him right now..

Someone is going to have to id the body.
No need to bash DAD, he is doing it to himself right now, and if he is the one to id her, whatever wrong choices he made, he will hold himself accountable....
My heart goes out to him right now..

I can't even imagine.

Father clarified all this. She was dropped off by fathers sister at the trailer while father was in Portland OR.

ty for this info from those of us who missed that detail from earlier.

Somehow, I don't feel better, though, nor do I understand quite how this happened. I have a feeling there's more to the story of Shaniya's visit with her egg-donor.

But today is not the day to know such things - it's a day for praying for Shaniya & for the family that loved her and raised her. May they stay strong and find a way to support each other through this living hell.

IMO

Im really getting sick and tired of Theresa Chance!!!Where the heck is that Baby at lady???!!!Someone needs to hurry and find Shaniya, we are wasting precious time and we got to save Shaniya!!!!
Cajun, she is dead. We know where she is.

I respectfully disagree. The FATHER didn't even know the mother, her associates, the place where Shaniya would be living.

Would you or anyone else just send your child off with a relative to be placed in the care of someone who had almost ZERO involvement in YOUR childs life???

Dear God, I hope not.

Can you please provide a link to any news cast, or video statement of ANYONE saying that this father didn't "KNOW" the mother?
Thanks..

I hear everything you're saying here. Trust me, I'm sure Shaniya's father is just wishing he could turn back time and check out everything before Shaniya was to live there.

Unfortunately, it's not unusual for children from divorced/separated/unmarried parents to bounce back and forth between them. My parents never went into one anothers homes after they divorced. It might have been something you would insist on.. but I don't believe it's common place for parents to be detectives either.

In our case, we weren't even ALLOWED in the bio-mom's home! Even after what we were hearing from the neighbors and the kids themselves. I could write a book on the he!! I went through with that "woman". And today? All her kids are train wrecks. Her influence on them went beyond all the sacrifices I made to keep them from being like her. It REALLY SUCKS.

During the presser it was said FAMILY had to ID the remains? WTH????

How is that going to work if she's been dead a week?

I would think she was killed shortly after she left the hotel...but maybe she wasn't......and that's truly frightening.

Their choice is family ID, fingerprints, dental xrays or DNA....I suspect the family has already come and gone...JMO. I am sure she has already been ID'd or they would not be indicating she was the one found.

What a mess...a soul sucking heartbreaking mess.

You can't be careless with your children-even when you think you sort of know what is going on....you just cannot be less than vigilent.

I respectfully disagree. The FATHER didn't even know the mother, her associates, the place where Shaniya would be living.

Would you or anyone else just send your child off with a relative to be placed in the care of someone who had almost ZERO involvement in YOUR childs life???

Dear God, I hope not.

I feel tremendous pain for the father and his sister and in no way want to crucify them. In their interview this morning, however, I wished they were asked about the last time they spoke with Shaniya. It puzzles me that this hasn't been mentioned. Didn't someone call in those three weeks to check her well being?

I am too sad to even write... It hurts to even think about Shaniya!

I can't understand how any parent could purposely let something like this happen. How? Why?

I can only pray this child did not suffer long! And I pray that the people involved will pay for this horrendous act dearly!

Rest in Peace dear Shaniya
This female didn't 'let' this happen, she MADE it happen.
I'm deep in prayer for all of us. Our whole world needs help.

Dear God, I hope not.

He said he had previous conversations with Shaniya's mother about taking her for visitation. So, he knew this woman to an extent, she was the child's mother for crying out loud. He knows, I'm sure that his decision was wrong but dang it, he's not the one that put her in harms way! You can start with "mommie dearest" and work out from there!

I read earlier that Shaniya's dad previously sufferd another tragedy...but I can't find it anywhere...can someone give me the details or let me know how far back to go and find it. Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487