NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Fayetteville, 10 Nov 2009 - Allegedly sold by mother #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stupid question of the day, but if they only got the DNA samples etc to State Bureau of Investigation this afternoon, could they have matched DNA that quickly to MAM? Just wondering.

The DNA test does not take long ,my daughter did it in school when she was getting her degree in criminal justice.What takes long is that so many crimes are committed that most labs are back logged but in cases like this they rush the tests.

I give credit to all of you that can keep following these horrific cases, as you do. All I have to do is come back to the thread and I get choked up, and tears begin to flow. I see that beautiful, smiling face and then start thinking about how yet another precious life was so needlessly snuffed out. It makes my heart ache.

I truly wish and pray that there were some way we could put a stop to all the insanity!

I'm with you. I follow a lot of cases as a child advocate and its gut wrenching. This case hits really close to home in that Shaniya resembles my own daughter, and is any case/crime against a child...it hurts.

So this is what I'm thinking...
AD gave MAM Shaniya to pay off debt, knowing she would not see her again. She waits for a while and then calls 911 and reports her missing. She hoped this call to 911 would clear her of any involvement because she called in crying and acting like a concerned parent. She and MAM would never have dreamed someone would get him on video at the motel.

MAM is charged with rape so we can assume there is some DNA evidence, he might have even raped/sodomized her at the trailer because of the feces on the blanket.
After that I think possibly he was getting some $ from another person for 1 hour with the child at the motel. Maybe they could find some type of communication on his cell phone or computer. That is the only way I can make sense of the one hour time at the motel. I think someone paid for that hour.

OR... She sold her to MAM and he was suppose to leave when he was done, but he ended up taking her so when AD came out to the living room she was gone and she called 911.
I wonder if she was killed after they saw MAM on the video and put it on TV.
It makes me ill.
Someone tell me what you think.

It's possible that the hotel stay got cut short because MAM got a cell call warning him that AD had called LE and he cleared out ASAP after getting the call. Whether AD called LE too early or there was an miscue/misunderstanding between MAM/AD, we just don't know.

I am disgusted, completely heart broken, and pissed the freak off. How is the momster not charged with the same crime. IMO what she did emotionally to that lil girl is worse than what that monster physically did to her. Don't get me wrong...what he did is beyond reprehensible and any CO in that prison would get a huge applause from me to lead him naked into general population and walk away. As a mother you are supposed to love and protect your children and they look to you for comfort when they are hurting. For this lil girl to know that her "mommy" was the reason this was happening to her and was allowing her to be brutalized like that sickens me.
Its painful to have to watch my kids get their vaccinations especially when they give you that look with the tears flowing (I know I'm not the only one)...and the only thing that eases you is when they settle into your arms immediately feeling comforted.
I have no words for any woman/parent that could purposely cause their child harm. This woman should have her limbs slowly and painfully removed with a spork.

My babies are now 25, and 27 but I vividly remember tearing up as my children were vaccinated and after I comforted them I always took them to McDonalds to make them smile.

I know what you mean...

With the H1N1 Flu in the news, the media frequently shows pictures of startled and crying children with their little faces contorted in fear and pain.

Each time I see one of these pics, of a child I don't even know, I want to reach out and hold these babies, just comfort them. And, these are children getting flu shots to protect their health!

What this mother did to her own daughter just rips my heart out.

It's horrible :crazy:
I've had a nurse ask me to hold my daughter down so she could give her the shot. Ummmmm....no. My job is to hold her when you're done. (I feel for those nurses though)

It's possible that the hotel stay got cut short because MAM got a cell call warning him that AD had called LE and he cleared out ASAP after getting the call. Whether AD called LE too early or there was an miscue/misunderstanding between MAM/AD, we just don't know.

Do we know if the room was registered to MAM? I'm still thinking there was another man at the motel for a one hour fee, if so, I hope they can pick up a second DNA.
Your idea is also possible. Thanks

I'm not sure.
I was also wondering how hard it is to get more than one DNA if the child was raped by several men.

U can seperate a "sample" and determine how many different contributors there were. If there was more than one :sick: they won't be able to identify who, unless the perp is in the system or they have samples from people to compare it to.

My babies are now 25, and 27 but I vividly remember tearing up as my children were vaccinated and after I comforted them I always took them to McDonalds to make them smile.

I use ice cream. :)

I just had a chill go down my spine.

Has anyone checked for any other missing little girls? Unsolved rapes or murders of little girls? In NC?

This may not be the first time for this violent monster.

Someone asked about asyphixation. It doesn't necessarily mean strangulation. Asphyxia is just a fancy way of saying to cut off one's air so they can no longer breath. So, technically, that could have been done by choking, yes, but also by smothering with a pillow or even placing a plastic bag over the head.

I believe asphyxiation can also be a result of a drug overdose.

I just had a chill go down my spine.

Has anyone checked for any other missing little girls? Unsolved rapes or murders of little girls? In NC?

This may not be the first time for this violent monster.

Oh shudder ... never thought of that.

AD gave MAM Shaniya to pay off debt, knowing she would not see her again. She waits for a while and then calls 911 and reports her missing. She hoped this call to 911 would clear her of any involvement because she called in crying and acting like a concerned parent. She and MAM would never have dreamed someone would get him on video at the motel.

MAM is charged with rape so we can assume there is some DNA evidence, he might have even raped/sodomized her at the trailer because of the feces on the blanket.
After that I think possibly he was getting some $ from another person for 1 hour with the child at the motel. Maybe they could find some type of communication on his cell phone or computer. That is the only way I can make sense of the one hour time at the motel. I think someone paid for that hour.

OR... She sold her to MAM and he was suppose to leave when he was done, but he ended up taking her so when AD came out to the living room she was gone and she called 911.
It makes me ill.

This makes total sense. I think he went out the back door where the feces was found on the porch and the railing. She thought once he did his deed at the MH, he would be done and leave but, instead he took her to the hotel, used her, then went into conceal evidence mode because the 911 call had been made and he had to dispose of her and fast, only I don't think he's very smart if they took 11 bags of evidence from the perps car! I think he planned this crime and had tunnel vision on getting to this baby. He put some thought into it which makes it "premediated murder" but I don't think they've gotten that far in the investigation yet. Murder One and Rape of a Child will do just fine for me. They need to determine AD's culpibility in this which I do think they will find she was a direct contributor to the crime. Hell, just for the fact she was hanging around with scum like this was putting her children at risk.

Stupid question of the day, but if they only got the DNA samples etc to State Bureau of Investigation this afternoon, could they have matched DNA that quickly to MAM? Just wondering.
Sure they could. His DNA was most probably already in the data base being that he has been in and out of the prison system in the 21st century for violent crimes. (note: he was out on the streets on unsupervised parole after shooting someone in the head and multiple times in the body...Judges, prosecutors are resposible for making deals and giving these violent criminals a pass, he should have never been out on the streets)
DNA processing was more than likely accellerated in this case thru some of the best labs on the east coast seeing that MAM had a built in lawyer and bail was not considerably high considering the nature of the charges.

Something tells me that either he sang about the location of Shaniya's body to make a deal for LWOP or someone close to him had direct knowledge of what he did with her and where he disposed of her. Remember the very telling clarification by Smiley spokesperson that the search area was not from a "TIP" but from a credible source? Either him making a deal or someone coming forward with the information because he paniced with the national media attention and spewed a bit of info....JMO

It makes me ill.

Very possible. Also the reason IMO, LE is releasing very little details. Other children could be involved and they do not want to put them in any more danger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro