NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Fayetteville, 10 Nov 2009 - Allegedly sold by mother #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did we get BL's contractor job figured out? FWIW, Contracting can apply to any field, computers, medical, military. The difference is a company hires a contractor, a company employes an employee.

IMO, if BL was in Utah and former military, he's probably a Department of Defense contractor of some sort. I have alot of them living in my town that work at the Depot or Proving grounds. In fact on my street there are some really nice new homes the builder leases to DOD employees.

B is a Gulf War verteran so it is quite possible that he is working for the DOD involving the oil industry.

My brother just retired from the Navy after almost 30 years of service in communications in which he had top secret clearance. He did 6 tours for both Gulf Wars and is now working for the DOD in communications. Alot of these Vets have these jobs lined up before their obligation to their branch of service is completed because the are desirable to the angencies. They are highly trained individuals, disiplined and knowledgeable in their fields.
My brother is set up in SanDiego much like B is, living comfortably in a beautiful home, and travels quite often all over the country.

When I heard B was a Gulf war vet and worked for a contractor, my first thought was he had to be set up with one of these types of jobs.

Someone asked about asyphixation. It doesn't necessarily mean strangulation. Asphyxia is just a fancy way of saying to cut off one's air so they can no longer breath. So, technically, that could have been done by choking, yes, but also by smothering with a pillow or even placing a plastic bag over the head.

I need to go lay down.

Although I don't know why, this is nothing we didn't already suspect.

So this is what I'm thinking...
AD gave MAM Shaniya to pay off debt, knowing she would not see her again. She waits for a while and then calls 911 and reports her missing. She hoped this call to 911 would clear her of any involvement because she called in crying and acting like a concerned parent. She and MAM would never have dreamed someone would get him on video at the motel.

MAM is charged with rape so we can assume there is some DNA evidence, he might have even raped/sodomized her at the trailer because of the feces on the blanket.
After that I think possibly he was getting some $ from another person for 1 hour with the child at the motel. Maybe they could find some type of communication on his cell phone or computer. That is the only way I can make sense of the one hour time at the motel. I think someone paid for that hour.

OR... She sold her to MAM and he was suppose to leave when he was done, but he ended up taking her so when AD came out to the living room she was gone and she called 911.
I wonder if she was killed after they saw MAM on the video and put it on TV.
It makes me ill.
Someone tell me what you think.

Terrible. Poor beautiful little Shaniya. Well at least we didn't have to hear NG rave on about the twins tonight, or did I miss it?
NG did rave about the twins, and I understand she's very proud of them, but after all she sees in her line of work, why on earth does she think it's okay to be flashing those babies pics all over national t.v.??

Sorry, but not only do I think it's unsafe and unwise, but also a bit crass. To be showing pics of her healthy, thriving children at the same time as pics are flashing of poor innocent babes whose lives were cut short.

JMO :(

I just stopped in after I heard COD.
I had been hoping for something fast...so much for that.
At least it wasn't horribly violent.
Huh.

A five year old being raped and asphyxiated seems horribly violent, to me.

NG did rave about the twins, and I understand she's very proud of them, but after all she sees in her line of work, why on earth does she think it's okay to be flashing those babies pics all over national t.v.??

Sorry, but not only do I think it's unsafe and unwise, but also a bit crass. To be showing pics of her healthy, thriving children at the same time as pics are flashing of poor innocent babes whose lives were cut short.

JMO :(

Heartless.

I have read on here that some people feel momster is not a drug addict. In my profession, I have talked with a lot of people daily who I might have guesses used drugs, but I did not know until I would read in the paper that they were busted.

I don't see how anyone can tell from a picture if someone is a druggie, unless they are really wasted at the time or a meth user with stuff oozing out of their face.

A lot of really rich people use drugs a lot and you can't tell by looking at them. They even manage to run successful businesses for a long time as well.

Nancy Garrido also got glowing work evals while she was holding Jaycee Dugard captive.

The depraved defy all logic.

Cases like this make me wish we were more like Arabic countries.Both would be hung or beheaded in the town square within days now that to me is Justice.We want America to be a more civilized country but with that walk among us to rape and murder our children why should they be treated to 20 years or more getting 3 meals a day, health insurance,shelter all on our dime.

With that, I will say goodnight. No need to attack each other, we are ALL upset, and here for the same reasons. Justice for Little Shaniya.

It does to Not My Kids Too. Not what was meant. Just means not mutilated.

MOO.
I was kind of taken aback when I read that...

but, I have a lot of respect for 'Not My Kids', and I know her to have a gentle soul.

I realize now that my understanding of her post may have been off.

This case has me so emotional and defensive of little Shaniya.

Thank you for helping me to clarify what I at first misread as an insensitive remark. Now, I better realize her meaning.

Tonight the officer stressed how much they had met/worked collaboratively with the other jurisdictions to determine who would take the case. He said something to the effect that it was started in Cumberland County and they really wanted to stay with it until the end. So I don't think they necessarily believe she was killed in Cumberland County .

If I misheard him, please correct me!

Sometimes it is impossible for LE to determine which county or town the crime which they are going to charge said perp and which DA is going to take the case.
My daughter was a crime victim many years ago in which the perp drove her around in a car late at night to a location between a big city and and an unencorporated town before he commited the crime. She had no idea where he had taken her and we drove in a cruiser with the big city investigators for some time before they determined that we could not figure out where he took her.
Ultimately the big city LE took the case because that is where we went to report the crime and begin the investigaion. Also the town he lived in, he was on probation for being a repeat offender and in violation of his parole.

Also I think the county that has taken Shaniya's case has a stellar prosecuting office. NC has been rife with controvercy with all the wife killers like Michael Peterson and the unsolved murder of Janet Christiansen-Abaroa. Thanks Mike Nifong.

I have a good feeling about the investigators in this case, they had alot of help in finding Shaniya, and unfortuatlly have had alot of cases to use as an example of how to proceed to ensure a solid, complete case, carefully collecting and documenting evidence to ensure justice. All cases in this day and age are under a national spotlight.

Note: We were succesful in prosecution and is lame a$$ went back to prison....where he suffered in GP.

I am disgusted, completely heart broken, and pissed the freak off. How is the momster not charged with the same crime. IMO what she did emotionally to that lil girl is worse than what that monster physically did to her. Don't get me wrong...what he did is beyond reprehensible and any CO in that prison would get a huge applause from me to lead him naked into general population and walk away. As a mother you are supposed to love and protect your children and they look to you for comfort when they are hurting. For this lil girl to know that her "mommy" was the reason this was happening to her and was allowing her to be brutalized like that sickens me.
Its painful to have to watch my kids get their vaccinations especially when they give you that look with the tears flowing (I know I'm not the only one)...and the only thing that eases you is when they settle into your arms immediately feeling comforted.
I have no words for any woman/parent that could purposely cause their child harm. This woman should have her limbs slowly and painfully removed with a spork.

It is hard to discuss such a horrific tragedy. We are mourning for little Shaniya. Let us all remember sometimes we can't read emotion in certain posts. Some post may appear insensitive when actually the writer may be overcome with emotion. Communication can be difficult when we don't also see the facial expressions and tone of voice. God Bless you all and give you strength and understanding. We mourn together my friends.

Stupid question of the day, but if they only got the DNA samples etc to State Bureau of Investigation this afternoon, could they have matched DNA that quickly to MAM? Just wondering.

I give credit to all of you that can keep following these horrific cases, as you do. All I have to do is come back to the thread and I get choked up, and tears begin to flow. I see that beautiful, smiling face and then start thinking about how yet another precious life was so needlessly snuffed out. It makes my heart ache.

I truly wish and pray that there were some way we could put a stop to all the insanity!

I am disgusted, completely heart broken, and pissed the freak off. How is the momster not charged with the same crime. IMO what she did emotionally to that lil girl is worse than what that monster physically did to her. Don't get me wrong...what he did is beyond reprehensible and any CO in that prison would get a huge applause from me to lead him naked into general population and walk away. As a mother you are supposed to love and protect your children and they look to you for comfort when they are hurting. For this lil girl to know that her "mommy" was the reason this was happening to her and was allowing her to be brutalized like that sickens me.
Its painful to have to watch my kids get their vaccinations especially when they give you that look with the tears flowing (I know I'm not the only one)...and the only thing that eases you is when they settle into your arms immediately feeling comforted.
I have no words for any woman/parent that could purposely cause their child harm. This woman should have her limbs slowly and painfully removed with a spork.
I know what you mean...

With the H1N1 Flu in the news, the media frequently shows pictures of startled and crying children with their little faces contorted in fear and pain.

Each time I see one of these pics, of a child I don't even know, I want to reach out and hold these babies, just comfort them. And, these are children getting flu shots to protect their health!

What this mother did to her own daughter just rips my heart out.

Stupid question of the day, but if they only got the DNA samples etc to State Bureau of Investigation this afternoon, could they have matched DNA that quickly to MAM? Just wondering.

I'm not sure.
I was also wondering how hard it is to get more than one DNA if the child was raped by several men.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charity4668