NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Fayetteville, 10 Nov 2009 - Allegedly sold by mother #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I pulled my son out of school to homeschool I simply called his school and told them I was homeschooling. I did later submit paperwork to the school board but that was it. My states laws are stricter than most too

O/T - But if everyone hasn't heard of this site, they should take a gander...Tricia, you included. You'll love it...plus it's addicting!

www.sheppardsoftware.com

They have a ton of interactive learning games, including a USA map at various levels - free. My 7 y/0 does this map on Intermediate & his best score is 98%. I challenge you to beat him. It's harder than it looks. You have to place the states a certain distance within state lines or else you get it wrong. It's located under World Geography Games. There's tons of levels. The states are on the left. Here's the Intermediate Level: http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/USA_Geography/USA_G1_1024_768.html

Contractor is a loose term sometimes. He may work for a contractor in some capacity that may not require licencing, like a brick layer for example....I doubt would need a license.

Also in the fashion and other industries the contractor (no licence) is the factory that produces the garment.

My son was a licensed contractor for about 15 yrs. and the license was under the business name.........not the owner..if that helps.

and speaking of his children living elsewhere-wasn't he in service when his wife was killed? and if so for how long and what condition was in mentally when this happened. Also I know here in the south they are still al lot of people that don't approve of mixed marriages and it is possible that the wife's family never liked him because he was white imo

I've read a lot of what seems to be rather harsh criticisms of BL. I hear what y'all are saying, but I can't help but wonder how much he was manipulated by AD.

I mean, you want him to be able to ascertain that the living conditions he was sending Shaniya into were unsuitable, yet when DSS investigated regarding her 7yo child, they apparently didn't have any problems with whatever living conditions they witnessed, as she retained custody of the child. I'm not saying that means the living conditions were appropriate for children, as obviously that is untrue, just that some people know how to clean things up, talk a good talk, and put on a good show when they need to. I suspect AD might be just such a person. Apparently, she had a good employment record since June 2008, so she has some capacity to function in society.

I suspect she deliberately manipulated BL in order to get control of Sania. You've got a guy who is probably scarred from the loss of his wife, raising 4 older kids. He may have upcoming expenses of college with them, and a terrible economy right now, meaning that the traveling required by his job is unavoidable in order for him to meet his obligations. Yet it takes him away from his kids, and means he is dependent on others to care for them. Which is hard enough with teenagers, but with a 5 year old, that may cause him to feel very guilty. Sure, family and friends are willing to help out, but he already depends on them for so much. And you have a mom, with a 7 year old half-sibling, who wants a chance to be a mother to Shaniya. Does he continue to impose on his sister, who has a family of her own, or does he give mom, who is putting on a really good show, a chance?

I think he felt overwhelmingly guilty about his circumstances, and was manipulated by AD into making a bad choice. I respect that he publicly acknowledges that it was a bad decision. I take his word that he was stunned to hear how deplorable the living situation was with AD.

While I believe he financially provided for his many children, I don't believe he raised them.

One would think after the tragic loss of his wife, he would have been MORE cautious. Any normal person would be.

I don't for a second believe the aunt ever felt imposed upon.

IMO There is gonna be LOTS of friction between dad and his sister.

Bathed her to kill her?
To remove his DNA he would have had to give her a hysterectomy.

Not necessarily. His dna could be in any crevice or cavity, as well as stuck in her hair...even if her hair was washed. Luckily she has textured hair. This could ultimately hold alot of trace evidence, more so than even fingernail scrapings. LindaNJ, please correct me if I'm wrong...I don't think I am, though.

PS - I am really really glad I logged onto finding there will be a presser & most likely MAM will be charged with murder. Now, let's see if Antoinette get's the same!

I don't believe the aunt felt imposed upon at all.

I can see where BL would feel guilty, however, about imposing upon her. And how AD could take advantage of those guilty feelings for her own benefit.

I wouldn't trust dad as far as I could throw him. Something about him...well lots of things actually...make my skin crawl and the baby hairs on my neck to stand up. Something is way off with him. imo

sorry for quoting myself....

But I just don't get the same feeling when looking at mom. She will never be MOTHER of the YEAR, but I don't think she sold her daughter.

I don't follow this logic.
NOthing could make my skin crawl and the baby hairs on my neck stand up more that a mother that has done this to her child.
Just asking, you have worse feeling over father than momster?:waitasec:

I've read a lot of what seems to be rather harsh criticisms of BL. I hear what y'all are saying, but I can't help but wonder how much he was manipulated by AD.

I mean, you want him to be able to ascertain that the living conditions he was sending Shaniya into were unsuitable, yet when DSS investigated regarding her 7yo child, they apparently didn't have any problems with whatever living conditions they witnessed, as she retained custody of the child. I'm not saying that means the living conditions were appropriate for children, as obviously that is untrue, just that some people know how to clean things up, talk a good talk, and put on a good show when they need to. I suspect AD might be just such a person. Apparently, she had a good employment record since June 2008, so she has some capacity to function in society.

I suspect she deliberately manipulated BL in order to get control of Shaniya. You've got a guy who is probably scarred from the loss of his wife, raising 4 older kids. He may have upcoming expenses of college with them, and a terrible economy right now, meaning that the traveling required by his job is unavoidable in order for him to meet his obligations. Yet it takes him away from his kids, and means he is dependent on others to care for them. Which is hard enough with teenagers, but with a 5 year old, that may cause him to feel very guilty. Sure, family and friends are willing to help out, but he already depends on them for so much. And you have a mom, with a 7 year old half-sibling, who wants a chance to be a mother to Shaniya. Does he continue to impose on his sister, who has a family of her own, or does he give mom, who is putting on a really good show, a chance?

I think he felt overwhelmingly guilty about his circumstances, and was manipulated by AD into making a bad choice. I respect that he publicly acknowledges that it was a bad decision. I take his word that he was stunned to hear how deplorable the living situation was with AD.
And while you have many ponts....there have been signs that say LOOK MUCH CLOSER....
So the cigarette burns could have been Miskito bits... MAYBE?
And her fear of men? just another red flag...And the fact that after Daddy dearest spoke he walked in side and left his sister alone to fall apart all by herself outside....
SOMETHING is not right and it is very obvious.
I still feel that this guy had gone through 2 tragedies and it is sad. but is it as sad as what an innocent child went through? I do not think so......So I reserve some of my comments and I am looking at him very closely.....
One thing is for sure he already made 5 kids and he needs to get snipped. JMHO

Bathed her to kill her?
To remove his DNA he would have had to give her a hysterectomy.

Having been in prison, he probably knew something about DNA evidence in rape cases. I'm assuming he's not a genius though, and wouldn't know exactly how difficult it is to rid someone of DNA evidence.

His reason for the hotel could well be more complex, with drug deals and other prostitution customers, *advertiser censored*, or who knows what else. I just don't think it is.

and speaking of his children living elsewhere-wasn't he in service when his wife was killed? and if so for how long and what condition was in mentally when this happened. Also I know here in the south they are still al lot of people that don't approve of mixed marriages and it is possible that the wife's family never liked him because he was white imo

As we've all seen, he's never at home. Either in the service or traveling out-of-state for business. When his wife died, the parents went to court for guardianship. He received a life insurance settlement and they took him to court again for a portion of that and child support as he hadn't contributed to their upbringing.

Why am I getting the feeling I often had in my gut.
That father has something to do with drugs??????? :sick:
God I do hope I am very wrong.

Oh boy...we share the same gut!!!

The home invasion with 5 or 6 people in the house, three killed, I believe? His relations with a woman known to be heavy into drugs? These two points weigh very heavy with me.

MOO, I think McNasty took her to a hotel to have his way with her...he probably lived somehwere with "other" people where it wouldn't have been easy for him to have his way with her....or he took her there to meet one of the other McNasty's there for a little action with the girl.

I'd like to read more about all that; what branch of service? and Dessert Storm? PTSD? meds???

My SIL does the same. She married an AAm man and her children are biracial.
When she is with her family she speaks very good English.
When any of her other family is around, she talks a whole different way and with ghetto slang that leaves us wondering what she is saying.
I have to say 'translate please'!
So people can change there way of speaking when around the people they are with.

Sorry to but in on this dialect thing, and I know I'm going to sound retarded saying this...but...I come from an extensive Italian Newark Philly & NY family. When I'm around my family, my dialect comes out. My husband calls me a frontrunner, as if I'm routing on the most favored team. He says that b/c his entire family comes from Delaware, no dialect at all. I speak 3 languages pretty fluently & know numbers & financial phrases in 2 others. It's hard to hide the dialect I'm speaking when surrounded by the same conversational dialect. I was born this way & have tried to "fix" it for years.

Barbara Walters took classes to get rid of her "Baba Wawa" dialect. Sometimes, after she speaks for a long bit of time, it starts to show. I have the same problem with regards to my language heritages.

No necessarily. His dna could be in any crevice or cavity, as well as stuck in her hair...even if her hair was washed. Luckily she has textured hair. This could ultimately hold alot of trace evidence, more so than even fingernail scrapings. LindaNJ, please correct me if I'm wrong...I don't think I am, though.
So I ask again bath her to kill her?

While I believe he financially provided for his many children, I don't believe he raised them.

I think that's been established that the children were raised elsewhere for the most part after his wife was murdered. I know from experience within my own family, mixed marriages can be very difficult on the children. They seem to feel more comfortable around others on the AA side of the family. He may have seen how the kids were torn especially as they began to grow up as we all know, predujice is still alive.

One would think after the tragic loss of his wife, he would have been MORE cautious. Any normal person would be.

I believe he was torn probably more often than we know and thought he was doing what was best for the children. I'm just saying, it's possible.

I don't for a second believe the aunt ever felt imposed upon.

I don't either but.....I'm sure her brother felt it was a lot for her to take on since she is a single mother with 3 kids of her own. I suspect he felt guilt for all the time she spent with his daughter because he couldn't be there with keeping up his business.

IMO There is gonna be LOTS of friction between dad and his sister.

On that, I agree totally.

I just don't think he's the bad guy in all this. As a matter of fact, I would even go so far as to state that the justice system is as much to blame for this crime for letting that monster McNeil out 6 months early. Things could have been a lot different!

MOO, I think McNasty took her to a hotel to have his way with her...he probably lived somehwere with "other" people where it wouldn't have been easy for him to have his way with her....or he took her there to meet one of the other McNasty's there for a little action with the girl.

But why kill her because she can ID him?
He knew the police would come much sooner with a dead kid then a raped one.
He can disapear and she may not know how to ID him she was only 5.

I'd like to read more about all that; what branch of service? and Dessert Storm? PTSD? meds???

Believe he was in the service on active duty during Dessert Storm - sigh ...my links are failing me miserably the past couple of days.....sigh...sigh ...so until the link is found it is an unfounded rumour at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nelib87