NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Fayetteville, 10 Nov 2009 - Allegedly sold by mother #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another issue I want to raise - when you're a kid who has no real stable home or parent - it is very, very easy for this kind of child-rape and crazy abusive behavior to occur.

Looking back on my own childhood I've wondered how on earth the people around me didn't act, didn't report my mother to the authorities for pimping me? Surely there were physical signs of the repeated rapes, I thought.

Later when I was able to access my childhood records, I saw that some but not all of the sexual assaults had in fact been recorded but then not investigated properly. There was one episode when I was 3 where, to quote the records, "a man friend of her mother's visited and incidents occurred. The child was later screaming in pain and pointing to her genital area." It also recorded that I then immediately had a bout of urinary tract infections and screamed every time a man came near me or tried to talk to me. But nothing much was done.

In recent years I've sat down members of the extended family - people who are relatively sane and stable and I've asked them about it all. They remember clearly all the signs being there - me as a tiny child constantly complaining of vaginal pain and crying with pain. When members of the extended family bathed me they say they noticed my private parts were "raw" and looked "painful" and that my behavior was very odd. I'd assumed they didn't know and that I was revealing this big dark awful secret to them but in fact they ALL seemed to know or at least strongly suspect that I'd been repeatedly raped as a baby and child and they'd simply done nothing about it at all! But had I been their own child I know they would have done something. It's just that when you're not really wanted and you're a sort of 'throwaway' kid, it is very easy to slip beneath the cracks and below the radar.

So I can easily see how this happened. Everyone basically passed the buck in Shaniya's life, didn't they?

Dear God my heart goes out to you :heart:.I feel for yor pain ,personally.Similar to my childhood in many ways.God bless you.

Shaniya's case has hit me very hard. When I was a child, my own mother used to invite grown men to rape me. It started when I was about two and a half, according to records/family member's memory. My earliest memories (from around age four) are of being raped and ridiculed by grown men.

My mother was given money by the men she let rape me. I don't think that was her sole reason for doing it though. I strongly believe she had been sexually abused in her own childhood and she had this disgusting attitude where she wanted her own daughters to go through the same thing she did. She seemed to 'get off' on my being violated. She didn't get off in a sexual sense, I mean it just seemed to please her somehow to see me defiled.

Also, one extremely unpleasant factor nobody's really touched on. It is physically very difficult for a grown man to rape a child of four, five etc. A child of that age is very small and to rape a child of that size has to be a very, very, very violent act. When this was happening to me, I would wound up getting beaten when the man was unable to proceed with the rape easily. I feared this may have happened to Shaniya - the perp became frustrated because of how hard it is to rape such a tiny child and he got violent with her and killed her.

I strongly suspect that the mother in Shaniya's case didn't want Shaniya to die. Not because she loved her but rather because she wanted to continue prostituting her out for cash. My own mother also did not want me to die, because I was a source of cash for her. She would have been very annoyed if one of the perps had actually killed me - but of course it so easily could have happened.

It warms my heart how caring so many people have been in demanding to know what happened to Shaniya and in remembering her. I urge those same people to please have room in their hearts for those of us who were brutalised and raped as babies and children but who DIDN'T die. In my case, I didn't die in the physical sense but spiritually I died from that first childhood rape. Because I am now a woman and no longer an adorable innocent little child, nobody really cares.

curioserandcurioser,
I am truly sorry for the pain and suffering you went through. I hope you have received some counseling. No child deserves this.

I am so sorry that you had to go through such horror while growing up. We do care about you and others who have been through such hell whether you are a child or an adult. You are always welcome to contact us through sending a message here or email. I know that I am always available. My heart goes out to you.

Nick Needham w/ Fayobserver

Ann Summers, the grandmother of Shaniya Davis, told reporters today that no one had a right to take Shaniya's life

"He is wrong for what he did," Summers said of McNeil. "That baby's life had just started."

Shaniya's case has hit me very hard. When I was a child, my own mother used to invite grown men to rape me. It started when I was about two and a half, according to records/family member's memory. My earliest memories (from around age four) are of being raped and ridiculed by grown men.

My mother was given money by the men she let rape me. I don't think that was her sole reason for doing it though. I strongly believe she had been sexually abused in her own childhood and she had this disgusting attitude where she wanted her own daughters to go through the same thing she did. She seemed to 'get off' on my being violated. She didn't get off in a sexual sense, I mean it just seemed to please her somehow to see me defiled.

Also, one extremely unpleasant factor nobody's really touched on. It is physically very difficult for a grown man to rape a child of four, five etc. A child of that age is very small and to rape a child of that size has to be a very, very, very violent act. When this was happening to me, I would wound up getting beaten when the man was unable to proceed with the rape easily. I feared this may have happened to Shaniya - the perp became frustrated because of how hard it is to rape such a tiny child and he got violent with her and killed her.

I strongly suspect that the mother in Shaniya's case didn't want Shaniya to die. Not because she loved her but rather because she wanted to continue prostituting her out for cash. My own mother also did not want me to die, because I was a source of cash for her. She would have been very annoyed if one of the perps had actually killed me - but of course it so easily could have happened.

It warms my heart how caring so many people have been in demanding to know what happened to Shaniya and in remembering her. I urge those same people to please have room in their hearts for those of us who were brutalised and raped as babies and children but who DIDN'T die. In my case, I didn't die in the physical sense but spiritually I died from that first childhood rape. Because I am now a woman and no longer an adorable innocent little child, nobody really cares.

curioserandcurioser,
I am truly sorry for the pain and suffering you went through. I hope you have received some counseling. No child deserves this.

I am so sorry that you had to go through such horror while growing up. We do care about you and others who have been through such hell whether you are a child or an adult. You are always welcome to contact us through sending a message here or email. I know that I am always available. My heart goes out to you. BobbisAngel

I expected that IF shaniya felt safe anywhere it would have been with Aunt Carey. so how is it that Shaniya told the Colman's that it was a cigarette, and that moms friends put it out on her sometimes, but would Not tell aunt Carie? :waitasec:
The more I read the more my head spins....She knew much more then she is saying. Those 2 siblings are barely talking....She is PO'd at him, but she can not throw him under the bus....blood is always thicker then water.
I always thought the burn to the eye by the grandmother sounded like a "walked into it" accident, really.

As for Shaniya's allegedly telling the other friends and relatives that momster's friends did it on her arms on purpose, I wonder what they're thinking: on one hand, the "why didn't you report it at the time" question has probably been raised to them, and on the other, the autopsy might be able to show it, depending on how deep they were.

Not that this makes sending her over there any more excusable in my eyes, particularly to "live with" her.

Oprah is on in our area, and I do not understand the reason for this interview. AT ALL!!!

Me either. Probably more like a one-hour "stand" (or "standing appt," maybe a series of them). :rolleyes: JMO

:parrot:

Hi kiki, I agree with you on the standing appt. This man is holding a lot of info back, IMO. I believe that Carey, his sister could tell the real truth when she is ready to. From where I'm sitting, it appears that she is so angry with her brother and with losing Shaniya right now that she is about to explode. I'll bet that she has been told to keep her mouth shut. It bothers me when a parent, when asked an uncomfortable question, immediately brings God into the equation. Something is not right.

Nick Needham w/ Fayobserver

Ann Summers, the grandmother of Shaniya Davis, told reporters today that no one had a right to take Shaniya's life

"He is wrong for what he did," Summers said of McNeil. "That baby's life had just started."

That BABY!!! She was your granddaughter, your flesh and blood, and you call her that baby. I will stop now before I get a TO...

recent member of a religous recovery program?

Like to know his drug history.
Was his first wife part of a robbery by addicts?
He has extremely bad luck in his life.
Sometimes people over compensate and go to extremes. Addicts can go to extremes from the shady lifestyle to religious dogma but it is shallow and not heart-felt.

In a presser earlier this week, the question was posed to Brad about those "scars". He explained that Shaniya had a skin condition called "excema" and had been under treatment for it. If that is true, there should be documentation of that. Seems to me if Myrna was fortunate to have found out that it was from cigarettes, she should have picked up the phone and called the authorities. Ya think?

I can't get the page you've quoted to load the text.

Sounds like nonsense to me. I've known people with bad eczema, and it is treatable, but the rashes didn't form in a round pattern like a cigarette burn.

There is a photo here that's not hard to look at: [ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Excema[/ame]

But the main reason that I don't believe it is that it is beyond the imagination of a normal five year old to invent that statement IMO. Why would a kid her age think that people burn other people with cigarettes? And why blame her mother's friends? That's a pretty specific statement for a little kid, and one that conveniently doesn't blame AD.

Can someone point me to where Coe said to look in Sanford?

Also, does anyone think it's possible this wasn't the first time that MAM took Shaniya to that hotel? I'm wondering if it had happened more than once, but this time something went wrong.

FROM OPRAH'S SITE:

Bradley says Shaniya was born from a brief relationship with Davis. "Antoinette did care for Shaniya her first year when she was first born. After that, she felt that it was best that Shaniya stayed with me as I was able to provide and give her a better environment," he says. "Any time Antoinette asked to see her, I made arrangements that she was able to spend time with her daughter."

When he's at Oprah it is a "brief relationship". Hah!

IMO he did not have to take Shaniya at all he was not on the BC...but he did take her, and wanted to give her a better environment. That is all very nice.
BUT that did not change at all, his reason for taking her still existed he still had a much better environment....
so why did he change the baby's living arrangement? :furious:
New Relationship? Not sure about that....:waitasec:
If she did not sell her baby? which I doubt...(junkies do things that are not reasonable) I think it was a drug pay back...but if not....
I wish AD starts to talk, right now she does not have to because they did not charge her yet, when she gets more afraid she may talk.
I have all kinds of red flags on this guy NOT murder, not baby trafficking...But he sure likes sleepoids....:waitasec:

What I wish Oprah had delved into was that this wasn't just another visit, but sending her to live there, and why.

Same for the school withdrawal and momster's telling Carrie that she'd never see Shaniya again. :sheesh:

'Meanwhile, Shaniya's father, Bradley Lockhart, appeared on Friday's "The Oprah Winfrey Show," where Winfrey asked him if he had anything to say to Davis. He told The Associated Press earlier that he had cared for Shaniya for several years but decided to give Davis a chance to raise her because she seemed to be getting her life together.

"Right now I just think it's best that we let the justice system take its course," Lockhart said on the show. "I try to keep my heart as pure as possible, and I'm sure one day I will be able to sit down and talk to her, try and understand what was going through her mind."'

:rolleyes: :banghead:

Omg I'm sorry but this whole noble, selfless act that it was all about "giving AD (a crackhead "one-night stand" who Aunt said they knew "neglected her children" and was already being evicted from that stinkin pigsty) a chance" sounds like alot of self-serving bull$#!+ to me...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091120...5bl9oZWFkbGluZV9saXN0BHNsawNwb2xpY2VuY2dpcmw-

:parrot:
Every thing that man has said since day one,,has been self serving Bull S^it.....I am thinking IMOO ,,those of us who were neglected by our fathers could read between the lines...... when it was obvious to me his lack of parenting, plus he is still ,in the life of a "one night stand" producing a baby who is now missing.... this precious child,Shanyia....I don't believe a word he has said.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico