NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Fayetteville, 10 Nov 2009 - Allegedly sold by mother #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanx, but I watched that already, and didn't hear him mention Sanford.

The one where he mentions getting a ride to go to Sanford and look for her is in Patty's youtube clips.
Tat video is after he is released, and LE had already released the video and arrested MAM. So I really don't think he knew before hand.

I'm in no way defending the guy. he maybe invovled, but sanford was already out in the media.

JMO...

I am so sorry for what has happened to you, but what a wonderful strong person you are becoming. I was molested by my grandfather at the age of seven, this went on for awhile and years later girl friends of mine told me that my grandfather had tried to molest them (I wanted to die knowing that) but their mothers said they always thought I was and I was just so shocked no one told on him or did anything. Long story short there was one neighbor girl that did tell but nothing ever came of it. I never had to endure as much as you did, but I do know the pain and it is nothing like the emotion toll it takes on you growing up......I can say I am pretty much passed it now, but when cases like this come up my blood boils and the pain in my heart is hard to describe. I guess that is why I don't feel an over amount of pity for BL. ((((Hugs))))

Hugs to you too!

Do you know what it was that made your friends' mother suspect??

Coe's video to me is unbelievable... he's saying he was "arrested because he has a record, and was the boyfriend of the mother." He "doesn't know the man that took the child." What really got me was the last thing he said... "the mother, father and the sister need to tell the F'ing truth so the girl can be found."

Like I said.... wow....man makes a lot of sense and also has a lot of heart...(sarcasm)

I got the impression from the video was that Coe's concern was that apparently what was reported in the media at the time of his arrest was, "Man Arrested in Kidnapping of 5 year old", but that it was not reported that "Live In Boyfriend of Mother of 5 year old" was arrested. In other words, by not revealing his relationship to AD it implied that he was a stranger and therefore there must be some evidence to implicate him, whereas when it is someone who lived in the home it could possibly be considered a routine procedure. (Not saying I agree with him or that it makes sense, just giving my impression of what he was trying to convey).

IMO/JMO

It's been mentioned that AD told Carey that she would never see Shaniyn again.. I would like to know what brought this statement up. Clearly, AD did not pick up the phone and say to Carey, "You will never see Shaniya again", just out of the blue.

There is more to that story. I suspect that Aunt Carey either tried to see Shaniya or talk to her, maybe even got upset with AD ...

Secondly, Aunt Carey knows a whole lot more about a lot of things! She is so angry at her brother B, and if you note, you never see her LOOK at him! She is about to burst with anger and pain and is sincerely completely devistated.

She knew about the burns, and I am NOT buying the fact that she and Shaniya only laughed and did fun things together! She questioned Shaniya and knew, but had no authority to do anything about it. I think this is the friction between she and Brad. I also think Bro B might have a very volitile temper and Aunt Carey was probably threatened with not seeing Shaniya again not only by AS but by her Br.

BTW, I was impressed with Oprah. I think she asked some very pointed, tough questions....at least she tried!

And plus he was conviently(sp) out of town,incredible bad luck or i don't want to even type it :sick:.The late wife was shot in a apparent robbery:waitasec:.Helluva bad luck IMO

I hope that they are investigating him in a silent manor.
He does have enough on his plate right now...But 2 murders :waitasec:
Not that he had anything to do with it...

But vendetta is not a pretty card to get caught up in.

Well where I live in Whitestone, NY my house went for double the amount BL's cost and my house is smaller depends on where you live and the neighborhood
I know the farther south you go the cheaper ,,as a rule, any way..I live in Virginia, and when we were looking to move farther south, the cost of living is quite a bit lower. Just saying...For that area I would say it is a very nice house, not millionaire staus but a million times better than where he threw his daughter.....Yes I said threw...He threw her away,,pure and simple...I would like to know why,,since so many wanted to have her live with them and he chose to get her out of his life and the ones who may have loved her...

Awwww this case is so emotionally charged that even as I was reading these lovely posts about our little dogs, I thought to myself "imagine how delighted Shaniya might have been if she got a puppy."

Oh man, this case just sucks. I wish it was a nightmare and we could all wake up tomorrow and find it didn't really happen

...(snipped)...But McNiell from what I have read was a smart student in his day...(snipped)...

Do you have a link for this? I keep hearing people say it but I haven't read it or seen it anywhere but on here. Thanks!

It's been mentioned that AD told Carey that she would never see Shaniyn again.. I would like to know what brought this statement up. Clearly, AD did not pick up the phone and say to Carey, "You will never see Shaniya again", just out of the blue.

There is more to that story. I suspect that Aunt Carey either tried to see Shaniya or talk to her, maybe even got upset with AD ...

Secondly, Aunt Carey knows a whole lot more about a lot of things! She is so angry at her brother B, and if you note, you never see her LOOK at him! She is about to burst with anger and pain and is sincerely completely devistated.

She knew about the burns, and I am NOT buying the fact that she and Shaniya only laughed and did fun things together! She questioned Shaniya and knew, but had no authority to do anything about it. I think this is the friction between she and Brad. I also think Bro B might have a very volitile temper and Aunt Carey was probably threatened with not seeing Shaniya again not only by AS but by her Br.

BTW, I was impressed with Oprah. I think she asked some very pointed, tough questions....at least she tried!

CARIE did not need authority, had she gone to the authorities after trying his way she should have gone to do it the right way. :furious:
but you are right, he seems controlling and she may have been afraid that it my make it worse for Shanaiya if BL does not let her come back.
BUT if responsibility was getting him down why not let someone who loves her keep her.
that is why he too should be investigated I do not buy the BS that AD wanted to be a mother. There is something far more sinister about this going on here. :(

Another issue I want to raise - when you're a kid who has no real stable home or parent - it is very, very easy for this kind of child-rape and crazy abusive behavior to occur.

Looking back on my own childhood I've wondered how on earth the people around me didn't act, didn't report my mother to the authorities for pimping me? Surely there were physical signs of the repeated rapes, I thought.

Later when I was able to access my childhood records, I saw that some but not all of the sexual assaults had in fact been recorded but then not investigated properly. There was one episode when I was 3 where, to quote the records, "a man friend of her mother's visited and incidents occurred. The child was later screaming in pain and pointing to her genital area." It also recorded that I then immediately had a bout of urinary tract infections and screamed every time a man came near me or tried to talk to me. But nothing much was done.

In recent years I've sat down members of the extended family - people who are relatively sane and stable and I've asked them about it all. They remember clearly all the signs being there - me as a tiny child constantly complaining of vaginal pain and crying with pain. When members of the extended family bathed me they say they noticed my private parts were "raw" and looked "painful" and that my behavior was very odd. I'd assumed they didn't know and that I was revealing this big dark awful secret to them but in fact they ALL seemed to know or at least strongly suspect that I'd been repeatedly raped as a baby and child and they'd simply done nothing about it at all! But had I been their own child I know they would have done something. It's just that when you're not really wanted and you're a sort of 'throwaway' kid, it is very easy to slip beneath the cracks and below the radar.

So I can easily see how this happened. Everyone basically passed the buck in Shaniya's life, didn't they?

My take on that is that many families are reluctant to get LE involved. The embarrassment/newspaper etc to the family name. If it was going on for a while and not reported, answering questions why it was not reported earlier. Maybe some skeletons in their own closets. All mainly for selfish reasons though and not in the best interest of the child.

Maybe if such crimes stayed out of the newspaper , more families would come forward. JMO.

Was that a couch in the Kitchen? What a shame that any child had to live in those conditions

That appears to a chair from the living room. It is bad but not as bad as I have ever seen being that the police has been in there and turned that place upside down and taken 13 bags of evidence. I am also not surprised about the eviction either because of the publicity the MH Manager justs wants the media to go away. http://www.michellesigona.com/2009/1...shaniyas-home/

Regarding finding criminal records online for Cumberland County, keep this in mind regarding how well NC does in making info available to the public:

http://sunshinereview.org/index.php/North_Carolina_Public_Records_Law

A 2007 study, Graded state responsiveness to FOI requests, conducted by BGA and the NFOIC, gave North Carolina 34 points out of a possible 100, a letter grade of "F", and a ranking of 40 out of the 50 states.[2]

A 2002 study, Freedom of Information in the USA, conducted by IRE and BGA, ranked North Carolina's law as the 43rd worst in the country, giving it a letter grade of "D-".[3]

I know the farther south you go the cheaper ,,as a rule, any way..I live in Virginia, and when we were looking to move farther south, the cost of living is quite a bit lower. Just saying...For that area I would say it is a very nice house, not millionaire staus but a million times better than where he threw his daughter.....Yes I said threw...He threw her away,,pure and simple...I would like to know why,,since so many wanted to have her live with them and he chose to get her out of his life and the ones who may have loved her...

Yes great question...We can't seem to hear him answer that one... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member