NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Fayetteville, 10 Nov 2009 - Allegedly sold by mother #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to wait until after the service was over to say this...

I'd just like to say that I am shocked at some of the horrible disrespectful posts that were posted during this service.
This is a service for Shaniya by her family. It is what they beleive. Not what anyone else does.
As the dad was walking into the service, someone just couldn't beleive he had SUNGLASSES on. So what??? What difference does that make????
What does it matter that dad wore sunglasses, or said God is good?
This was his goodbye to his daughter. Why do some people here feel this is the time to pick BL and the whole service apart???
In the faith of those who officiated, they beleive this is a celebration of life. It is a going home service. They see this as a good thing. That she is with our Lord.
Not everybody thinks funerals are sit down, cry, wipe tears and listen to sad songs.
Many people also use funerals as an oppurtunity to reach out to lost souls. That's why they talk so much about forgiveness and such. They want everyone in the church to "get right" now before it's too late. This is a beleif. Maybe not yours, but theirs.

God bless this entire family. All of those who knew and loved Shaniya.

I really wish some of these comments would have been posted AFTER.
Very disrespectful IMO.

BBM, actually a lot of people wear sunglasses to funerals to cover their eyes because of all the crying they've done and sometimes the eyes look puffy and red from crying so much, so I didn't see it as a big deal either

I only mentioned the sunglasses, for others watching, it made him easier to spot.
I saw nothing wrong with that. He's a man, men usually hide their tears.

I was not referring to you. I knew you were just reporting what you saw. There was a post before yours. Said: (the man is wearing SUNGLASSES)
That's what I was referring to.

They pulled the video for the family to exit the services and to say there last goodbyes. I am from the NC and have attended many funerals but I say this one today makes me really sad. I dont think I have cried this much in awhile. Wow! My mom is even speechless and that is rare. My only question where were BL parents did not see I find that odd. Shaniya you are amongst the heavenly gates now and you are peace now and maybe life there will be much better. God Bless You!

I wasn't offended by the sunglasses. When I first seen it posted I started looking for a man in sunglasses since I missed him coming in..

Byron has also said in the NG interview that she was a daddy's girl.....
Aunt Carie has said it in her way.
Who are we to say otherwise.

I too do not agree with having sent her to Mom.
But it can not negate that she had some great times too.

I chose to quote your post instead of a negative post because the poem is beautiful.

I don't take it negative at all.

I tried to write down as much as I could while hearing this.. and writing this was easy for me as it was said in a rythm.

Never have i implied she wasn't a daddy's girl.

Other than Carey's words, and the one pastor who I really liked, the one thing in this whole funeral that touched my soul was the woman who was wiping the tears away from another..
That really touched me..

Did anyone hear Aunt Carey mention their special bond in connection with drawing??

I wonder if she may have painted that picture of Shaniya that was in front of the casket? It was just a thought that ran through my head. Probably nothing

I tried to wait until after the service was over to say this...

I'd just like to say that I am shocked at some of the horrible disrespectful posts that were posted during this service.
This is a service for Shaniya by her family. It is what they beleive. Not what anyone else does.
As the dad was walking into the service, someone just couldn't beleive he had SUNGLASSES on. So what??? What difference does that make????
What does it matter that dad wore sunglasses, or said God is good?
This was his goodbye to his daughter. Why do some people here feel this is the time to pick BL and the whole service apart???
In the faith of those who officiated, they beleive this is a celebration of life. It is a going home service. They see this as a good thing. That she is with our Lord.
Not everybody thinks funerals are sit down, cry, wipe tears and listen to sad songs.
Many people also use funerals as an oppurtunity to reach out to lost souls. That's why they talk so much about forgiveness and such. They want everyone in the church to "get right" now before it's too late. This is a beleif. Maybe not yours, but theirs.

God bless this entire family. All of those who knew and loved Shaniya.

I really wish some of these comments would have been posted AFTER.
Very disrespectful IMO.

Post of the day;Amen

This was hard to watch but I'm left shaking my head. Praising the Lord and forgiveness are all well and good but where was the cry out for people to rise up and put an end to these crimes. The family had a perfect opportunity to address the entire world and absolutely nothing was said. As long as people refuse to become involved and DEMAND change children will suffer. It has to stop.

The funeral just wasn't the place for that. There is time for that later but this service was a homegoing celebration for Shaniya....a time to celebrate HER life...I too am from the south and have attended Pentecostal funeral services....much like this one.... for those of us who believe she is now with God, and that we will see our loved ones again....it is a homegoing.

Ok, I'm done. I'm disgusted that people can take a service to get jollies out of picking apart family members in their time of pain.
Too much for me.
Y'll have a good afternoon.

It was a very nice service.
Please let's not dissect this and find any fault here at all.
It was for Shaniya, and her family...We are just observers and nothing else.
God bless the Family and envelop them in healing rays. :praying:

RIP little angel

THe coming together, the awareness, the belief that we can stop this before the next time, that is what matters.

It is better that they preach love and forgiveness than for them to tell us to go out and kill each other in the streets.

The poem....I will bite my lip.

Did anyone hear Aunt Carey mention their special bond in connection with drawing??

I wonder if she may have painted that picture of Shaniya that was in front of the casket? It was just a thought that ran through my head. Probably nothing
I too am wondering who did that painting ~ it was beautiful. MOO

It was a very nice service.
Please let's not dissect this and find any fault here at all.
It was for Shaniya, and her family...We are just observers and nothing else.
God bless the Family and envelop them in healing rays. :praying:

RIP little angel
I just thought this need to be repeated!!!You are so right.

THe coming together, the awareness, the belief that we can stop this before the next time, that is what matters.

It is better that they preach love and forgiveness than for them to tell us to go out and kill each other in the streets.

The poem....I will bite my lip.
This is the closest to how I feel also. In my opinion, Shaniya's short life is over way too soon and it didn't have to be that way. :cry: MOO

I think the biggest thing that we can do is to provide for the education of women around the WORLD, and to have the equality of men and women.

Once women are at the same status of men, it will reduce a lot of these issues. NOT stop, because people still have the ability to choose good and evil.

Eliminating the huge gap between rich and poor will make a huge difference. Then the rich fat old men from around the world won't be able to get children to exploit.

There is a doctor from the Mayo clinic who just wrote a book that I don't think I will ever, ever read. It's fiction based on fact about the child prostitution of India. Maybe someone knows the title.

God, help us all!

Working hard, not being comfortable with poor and poverty, and not finding the easy way out is the appropriate way to bridge the gap. Not wealth distribution.

I went back and edited my post. Maybe I was hearing things. The last thing I want to do is start an argument about something that does not matter at all.

I know I cannot speak for anyone but me,,,but I am stepping on my fingers,,,,,,and swollowing my tongue...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
verydemureverycute