NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Fayetteville, 10 Nov 2009 - Allegedly sold by mother #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anyone should be judging B.L. he did not do this to his daughter. The choices that he made he has to live with the rest of his life, just as we all do. Judge not or least you be judged

Thanks for this post,,,I have prayed and prayed for HIM to help me NOT judge,,,and maybe I need to pray some more....

I think that those of us that do pray, need to do so...and those of us that don't, do whatever individual act brings us peace.

This has been a hard day, an emotional day, and I believe that if we at least keep peace in mind, it will help us not to breed more pain on this day.

MOO.

The funeral just wasn't the place for that. There is time for that later but this service was a homegoing celebration for Shaniya....a time to celebrate HER life...I too am from the south and have attended Pentecostal funeral services....much like this one.... for those of us who believe she is now with God, and that we will see our loved ones again....it is a homegoing.

I understand what the service was about and that there are differences in how religions treat death. However the reality is that the family is not likely to ever have another opportunity to address the entire world. Media will soon move on to the next case and Shanyia's death will only become news again when the trial starts. I hope the family steps out within the next few days with a plea for radical change not only in the US but across the globe.

I'm leaving, as this thread will likely be shut down for clean up anyway.

Prayers for Shaniya.

I tried to wait until after the service was over to say this...

I'd just like to say that I am shocked at some of the horrible disrespectful posts that were posted during this service.
This is a service for Shaniya by her family. It is what they beleive. Not what anyone else does.
As the dad was walking into the service, someone just couldn't beleive he had SUNGLASSES on. So what??? What difference does that make????
What does it matter that dad wore sunglasses, or said God is good?
This was his goodbye to his daughter. Why do some people here feel this is the time to pick BL and the whole service apart???
In the faith of those who officiated, they beleive this is a celebration of life. It is a going home service. They see this as a good thing. That she is with our Lord.
Not everybody thinks funerals are sit down, cry, wipe tears and listen to sad songs.
Many people also use funerals as an oppurtunity to reach out to lost souls. That's why they talk so much about forgiveness and such. They want everyone in the church to "get right" now before it's too late. This is a beleif. Maybe not yours, but theirs.

God bless this entire family. All of those who knew and loved Shaniya.

I really wish some of these comments would have been posted AFTER.
Very disrespectful IMO.

AMEN.

(A little negativity is in this post, not much. It's MOO and I am not meaning to make anyone feel bad, just think harder. Thanks.)

If you've never been to a black service, you should go before you criticize. I think some of their services could truly force the devil down the aisle towards salvation. I couldn't tell what faith the church is, someone mentioned Pentacostal. But the faith is very strong and the going home is glorious. Most black services and funerals that I've been to are similar to this and if you thought you could go and weep quietly in the corner, odds are that you were wrong.

[Christianity has long honored fathers of children; some faiths more than others. And if this is a church where BL is active, then they are going to help him in his time of need, pure and simple. That's the whole meaning of brotherhood. Even if he is not active, they are going to honor Shaniya by supporting her father, WHOM SHE LOVED, despite anyone else's opinion.]

[I wish people would return to the habit of reading a thread before posting. So much valuable information is missed, and it's information or emotions that the poster has put a lot of time and energy into creating to share with us. It seems selfish to me not to go back and scan those posts, give credit where credit is due, and cut back on time spent answering questions already answered. I know we don't have a forum yet, but we are adults and can make this work.]

I posted my thoughts for today on page one of this thread this morning, hoping it would inspire others to realize what a special day today would be. Thank you to those that thanked me for that post. Bascially, I felt that today is not the day to digress the case in my opinion. When does a person ascend to heaven? In case today was Shaniya's day, I was hoping our positive thoughts and prayers would help guide her, and petty bickering and morbid observations would not be a part of that ascension.

Shaniya's community and family came together to say goodbye and to recognize their beliefs that she is in God's hands now. They are to be honored for representing how the world now feels about this little girl.

[[I realize that we all have different religions and beliefs and I am NOT saying that if you don't have any you are bad or wrong. It's just about respect for those that do have them. I myself have a very difficult time with many belief systems but have a deep respect for the values of others (unless they are evil beliefs, of course.]]

For those who said they didn't want to watch the funeral because they didn't want to remember her that way, I'd far rather remember that beautiful display of coffin, flowers, and pictures than remember the bewildered look of a baby in front of an elevator, gazing up, unaware that she is looking at her new home.

I'm done, fwiw. Have a great Sunday.

Maybe seeing this story unfold in front of our eyes will help all of us in the future. I know that I will try to be more aware of things I see that aren't "quite right". I have a big mouth when it comes to emails and on forums, but maybe I need to open my mouth more often if I see or hear of something that makes me feel uncomfortable.

Let's make sure this little angel's life and death were not in vain. The adults involved will all have to live with this for the rest of their lives. Hopefully it will make us ALL more aware of the reality of this world. It's up to us to change it.

Did anyone hear Aunt Carey mention their special bond in connection with drawing??

I wonder if she may have painted that picture of Shaniya that was in front of the casket? It was just a thought that ran through my head. Probably nothing

I wonder if posters from the area could find out if copies of that picture are available. I'd love to have one.

I thought the service was nice. I would have rather heard more about Shaniya, and sticking with the "celebration" I would have loved to hear stories about her life by the people who loved her, and were around her most.
Aunt Carey's words were beautiful!
Bless Byron's heart.
Where dad is concerned, I find comfort in knowing that this 5 year old child did love her father. Despite the way I feel about him, she loved her daddy.. despite what her mother done to her, I can imagine she loved her too..bless her little heart, she didn't have a clue..
I have seen tributes such as the poem written on behalf of Shaniya before. I thought it was really nice, and could imagine a 5 year old saying things such as that..
I have my feelings about the negligence but when it comes to God and another man's faith, I stay away...that is just the way I am personally..
I am commenting on your post about Shaniya loving her father....There is no doubt in my mind,,,she did...When my father died (he neglected me from the time I could remember until he died), I was 35 yrs old....My oldest sister said to me, "Linda,,why is it you have not cried one time since Daddy died"? I told her,,,"I have been mourning SOB for the last 35 years of my life"......She had nothing to say...Little did she know, I did cry many, many times when he died because, I felt cheated, there was no time left, for him to (maybe) show his love.

CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE GET THAT STUNNING PICTURE FROM THE LAST THREAD OF
SHANIYA IN THE CLUODS. I don't know how to do it.

BECAUSE TOO MANY HERE FORGOT WHAT THIS DAY IS ABOUT.

I am commenting on your post about Shaniya loving her father....There is no doubt in my mind,,,she did...When my father died (he neglected me from the time I could remember until he died), I was 35 yrs old....My oldest sister said to me, "Linda,,why is it you have not cried one time since Daddy died"? I told her,,,"I have been mourning SOB for the last 35 years of my life"......She had nothing to say...Little did she know, I did cry many, many times when he died because, I felt cheated, there was no time left, for him to (maybe) show his love.

BLESS YOUR HEART...I have a daughter just like you with a very negligent father (passed on now)..And she knew it...But she loved her daddy...and still does.

CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE GET THAT STUNNING PICTURE FROM THE LAST THREAD OF
SHANIYA IN THE CLUODS. I don't know how to do it.

BECAUSE TOO MANY HERE FORGOT WHAT THIS DAY IS ABOUT.

Sorry - I tried but can't seem to do it either.

I co-sign with QuietStorm here.

It's very sad that this day will end with bickering and negativity.

From the activity in the forum today I can wholly see that people have kept their tone low. Lots of wonderful prayers for Shaniya and her whole family.

I understand that people are angry and frustrated with Shaniya's demise and I'll take any bickering and negativity as a sign of just that.

It's very sad if reporting events about the dad should become a case where you're either with him or against him. There is something called objectiveness.

Rest in peace, Shaniya. May we never forget you.

Qestion: Is there a forum where people can discuss how to stop these horrific crimes? I can't find one and IMO change will only happen if we all come together and take back our safety.

AMEN.

[I wish people would return to the habit of reading a thread before posting. So much valuable information is missed, and it's information or emotions that the poster has put a lot of time and energy into creating to share with us. It seems selfish to me not to go back and scan those posts, give credit where credit is due, and cut back on time spent answering questions already answered. I know we don't have a forum yet, but we are adults and can make this work.]

Shaniya's community and family came together to say goodbye and to recognize their beliefs that she is in God's hands now. They are to be honored for representing how the world now feels about this little girl.

[[I realize that we all have different religions and beliefs and I am NOT saying that if you don't have any you are bad or wrong. It's just about respect for those that do have them. I myself have a very difficult time with many belief systems but have a deep respect for the values of others (unless they are evil beliefs, of course.]]

For those who said they didn't want to watch the funeral because they didn't want to remember her that way, I'd far rather remember that beautiful display of coffin, flowers, and pictures than remember the bewildered look of a baby in front of an elevator, gazing up, unaware that she is looking at her new home.
I'm done, fwiw. Have a great Sunday.

Thank you, well said.

I'm for one that almost didn't watch, now I'm glad that I did.
I know that I will forever remember those pictures. But now I will remember Carey's love for her and her for Carey. I feel for her, That is why I almost didn't watch. I didn't want to see her suffer anymore.

Let's make sure this little angel's life and death were not in vain.

Suzyq211 - That is a nice thing to say, but the truth of the matter is that Shaniya's short life and death were "in vain". Her murder will not lead to anything good. Nothing will change except that Shaniya won't be raped anymore because she is dead.

Tomorrow and for every day thereafter, another child will "go missing", be kidnapped, raped, sold, murdered, burned with cigarettes, caged like an animal, beaten, starved, chained in a basement, buried in a crawl space - it will never end. This will be repeated over and over and over again. Oh sure, we have an Amber Alert because of one child who went missing, but it hasn't stemmed the tide of cruelty perpetrated against children. We can not reach into the minds of every person and changed them so that they no longer prey upon the innocent.

Shaniya is just another baby girl at the mercy of adults who in turn set into motion her rape and murder. There will be hundreds more and people will get angry, be shocked and hold gorgeous funeral services and it is all in vain.

Hey, does anyone here know how to raise the dead through sniping and bickering?

Then why do it? It does no good.It's an expression of your own frustration and anger.
So put it that way...I am frustrated and angry because ________________ Fill in the blank.
It's much more mature than attacking every one in sight.

Suzyq211 - That is a nice thing to say, but the truth of the matter is that Shaniya's short life and death were "in vain". Her murder will not lead to anything good. Nothing will change except that Shaniya won't be raped anymore because she is dead.

Tomorrow and for every day thereafter, another child will "go missing", be kidnapped, raped, sold, murdered, burned with cigarettes, caged like an animal, beaten, starved, chained in a basement, buried in a crawl space - it will never end. This will be repeated over and over and over again. Oh sure, we have an Amber Alert because of one child who went missing, but it hasn't stemmed the tide of cruelty perpetrated against children. We can not reach into the minds of every person and changed them so that they no longer prey upon the innocent.

Shaniya is just another baby girl at the mercy of adults who in turn set into motion her rape and murder. There will be hundreds more and people will get angry, be shocked and hold gorgeous funeral services and it is all in vain.

It led to the other children in that house being rescued...it led to people opening their eyes....it led to a very bad man going to jail, before he could rape and defile another child...hardly in vain....or are those lives not as important as the one already lost?

Then do something positive and go to the Marc Klass post and send in an e-mail.
This is not positive. I am angry too, I don't think SD should have gone to her moms house. But this is the wrong time and place for any of your rants.

If I believed that I would give up on the human race. Let me tell you, lately, I have gone from sad to enraged about the stories in the media lately. The total disregard for human life is stupifying, to say the least. Just today there was a report about an 18 year old man raping and beating his 8 DAY old baby. I have to believe that there is an answer somewhere, and that we will change what is happening in this world. I am not the most religious person in the world, but I love my kids and I want them to have a good life. I need to think that things can get better, but apathy and helplessness is not going to make that happen!

I do think the anger felt toward the father and the rather harsh judgments being made against him are an unfortunate but understandable reaction to these events.

People want to believe that their children can be safe if only they are careful enough. It is difficult for many people to accept that bad things can happen to innocent children and resist assigning blame to the child's parents. As a result, they look for reasons to find fault with the child's father because it increases their own sense of security. This could never happen to me because I would be more careful.... I would be smarter..... I would *know*. You know what? The reality is that people do the best they can when they are raising their kids, and people aren't perfect. Sometimes they make mistakes, bad judgment calls. Usually things manage to work out okay in spite of this, but sometimes the results are tragic. I don't know how many times I was allowed to wander the toy section of the Sears department store in Hollywood Mall as a young child unsupervised while my mom shopped, but I sure do remember when a young mother allowed her son Adam Walsh to do the very same thing with terrible consequences.

The father is not responsible for a crime that was committed by the child's mother and accomplices. Did he make a regrettable decision by allowing AD another opportunity to be a mother to Shaniya? Yes, and he acknowledges as much. Was the outcome forseeable? Could he reasonably predict the woman who had raised Shaniya for the first year of her life, gave her to him when she felt she was unable to care for her adequately, then pleaded for another chance to be a mom was really planning to sell her into sexual servitude? I don't think so.

Shaniya is a victim. BL and his family are also victims who are suffering terribly from a horrible loss. Stop blaming the victims of this crime and start putting the full responsibility on the perpetrators who committed these despicable acts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89