NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Fayetteville, 10 Nov 2009 - Allegedly sold by mother #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This statement was from the link provided on the last page. i will go back and find link and add it here.
http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/11/18/953110

according to court files.
Before Shaniya's death, Lockhart was paying child support on three children, including Shaniya and two of the children from his marriage.

Who was he paying Shaniya's child support to?

IMO, this is an amazingly insightful post. Very well said. I believe people have to find a way to separate themselves and imperfect lives or imperfect decisions as parents, from the horror of situations such as this, by possibly venting on someone who was not responsible but whose actions may have set in motion a chain of events.
If BL is demonized as a parent who did not care for his child or one who thoughtlessly and/or knowingly threw her to the wolves, then he is not like us and what happened to him cannot happen to us. I understand this but I feel sorry that it is happening.

That is a common defense mechanism, but sometimes parents really have made inexcusable choices that deserve scrutiny rather than excuses.

Therefore, the existence of the defensive phenomenon does nothing to tell whether or not it is the reason for the scrutiny in this case.

Everyone needs to be fair and chill, but neither extreme (hyper-criticism and leaping to the worst assumptions on one hand, and brushing-off criticism as just a parental mistake anyone could make on the other) is logical or wise. JMO. :eek:

I don't understand why, if you live in a questionable neighborhood with alot of drugs and crime, that you are not alarmed and don't get up to check on the noise. My confusion lies around what exactly the "banging" sounded like....an animal getting in the trash, wind or rain, someone breaking in, someone pounding on your wall for help. Did the neighbor also hear voices outside? There has to be more info that hasn't been released. (I am not bashing the neighbor just puzzled)

maybe they're used to hearing weird noises?

personally, I live in a good neighbourhood & I hear odd noises all the time that I don't check on

there's usually a thought process involved that goes something like

'what was that noise?'
'sounded like a firecracker?'
'hmmm, weird ...'
(go back to what I was doing)

alternatively, if my spidey sense is up, I might check the time and/or alert hubby to the noise, at which point he usually makes fun of me for thinking there's a murderer in our back yard

Just a thought on the heels of your post NMK's. It's a distinct possibility that BL "legally" had no choice but to hand Shaniya over when AD requested it as she was the only legal parent on the birth certificate. There was no legal paperwork for BL having Shaniya in his custody. Maybe she threatened him as she did Aunt Carey. Possible she was going after child support once she got herself together enough to file the paperwork. What I don't get is why didn't BL file for "legal" custody at some point?
Possession is 9/10 of the Law... Maybe he cant go to claim her legally...We do not know where his skeletons lie.....
So legally she had all the rights he had none.
there is an old expression I love: "Credit and blame smell the same".
Poor baby had no chance in this lifetime so she went home and will come back another day.

I could have sworn this was already posted, and if not, and it violates TOS, please remove. On 11/13, the same day MAM was arrested, another man, 56 years old, was also arrested. I thought that it was common speculation that he was the insider providing tips. His last name is also McNeill. I'm looking through my browsing history as I type so I can provide something more concrete...

The best link I can recommend is: http://www.ccsonc.org/active_inmates/Inmates.aspx

Oddly enough, MAM does not appear when doing a search on the above-linked site. He did, originally. I'm still looking for where this came from, first. Again, I thought it was posted way back, with this other McNeill as the man in the BOLO, and again, remove if it's something that shouldn't be here. So much has happened over so many sites, I may be mentioning something that was already dismissed.

He (DWM) is still listed there. Just enter the last name.

I saw an interview of this neighbor and she said it had been determined there was no banging, it was the sound of the garbage can lid being difficult to get off, i.e., scraping noise. It might have been Shaniya herself trying to get rid of the blanket. What she was doing out at 3am is beyond me though.
I recall reading somewhere (maybe here) that there was video of the trash can and it was McNeill. :waitasec: MOO

Child Abduction Alert--Conover, NC.--2 month old baby girl. Can't understand the rest.

It is not uncommon for mothers to say "you can have_______ as long as you keep sending me support" I think that was the case here

Everyone,

Do not forget we have the "Ignore" feature at Websleuths.com

It is a great feature. If a certain poster brings out the worst in you then put that poster on Ignore.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91915"]Read here on how to get your Ignore up and running.[/ame]

Try it and you will wonder how you posted without it.

Tricia

respectfully snipped.

Oddly enough, MAM does not appear when doing a search on the above-linked site. He did, originally. I'm still looking for where this came from, first. Again, I thought it was posted way back, with this other McNeill as the man in the BOLO, and again, remove if it's something that shouldn't be here. So much has happened over so many sites, I may be mentioning something that was already dismissed.[/QUOTE]

MAM is no longer in that facility. He was moved to Raleigh.
http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6464217/

This statement was from the link provided on the last page. i will go back and find link and add it here.

Before Shaniya's death, Lockhart was paying child support on three children, including Shaniya and two of the children from his marriage.

IMO - He was paying support to a child who lives in FL and the two being raised by grandparents.

Since we initially were thinking Shaniya was sold into commercial sex trafficking (and at this point - who knows if that was the intent or not? maybe not likely but who knows?), I wanted to put this on here from my "mandated reporter" training that I'm still not through with yet:

"Child trafficking for the sex industry is a real concern generating billions of dollars for criminal groups. This subject is a growing problem, but numerous resources are appearing to help such victims, such as the Child Victim Model Project or the Polaris Project."

IMO - He was paying support to a child who lives in FL and the two being raised by grandparents.
So you think the reporter made a mistake? Because it states Shaniya.
Lockhart was paying child support on three children, including Shaniya ...............
weird maybe they messed up. It won't be the first time.

Here I am again totally confused.

1. IIRC there were four children by the first wife or did she have kids before BL? Is that the reason the grandparents got some of the kids but not all?
2. If Shaniya was not supposed to be at her mother's house and BL did not have legal custody of her, where was she supposed to be living?

I have been thinking that AD had custody and BL had guardianship.
I have nothing official to back this up, except the mention that he was paying child support, and my belief that he had to have something legal and binding to prove that she was his child.
MOO.
Take it with a grain of salt, since I don't have a leg to stand on.

That is interesting I thought it was over child support.
If he paid for the life insurance policy how can they sue him for money :waitasec:
I imagine they have no right to that....but they can get child support, when the kids were with them.

and because he didn't share the life insurance with his kids. the uncle (?) was committed to sending the kids to college ... we can hope that he shared it with the kids

I can't wait till tomorrow....I believe LE will be serving warrants on about 3 people.
I could name the names but will just say, at least 3 people knew what was happening, in that house...I think LE has waited till the funeral is over, the tests should be in..MOM and MAM will both get additional charges...I believe tomorrow will be a good day....let's see some swift justice, fast arrests and life with out parole!

I was gone all afternoon and came back to read so many remarks on the funeral service. I just finished watching the whole hour and a half and regardless of how the presentation is handled, I find little difference from my own mainstream northern religion in the feeling that dying brings us home to God. If I may quote a standard funeral hymn:

"I'm but a stranger here, heaven is my home.
Earth is a desert drear', heaven is my home.
Dangers and sorrows stand, round me on every hand.
Heaven is my Father's land, heaven is my home"

That is the same sentiment I saw in today's service. If you believe, it will give you comfort. If you don't then I guess you should just ignore the posts. JMO

If they went through court to get custody, then it was probably the court that ordered the child support. When that happened with me, my payments were processed through the Child Support Collection Unit, Clerk of the Court in the State I resided in at the time. That way, you're assured of payment and documentation of that support to the payor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela