NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Fayetteville, 10 Nov 2009 - Allegedly sold by mother #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did B.L.'s daughter C.L. use to live with A.D. with her little sister until A.D. kicked her out? According to this person that is the reason C.L. lives with the family she currently lives with.
This interview got me confused.
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/isiswisdom/2009/11/20/isis-wisdom-touches-on-the-shaniya-davis-case

Hi GucciLucci - Can't answer your question, since I can't figure out why her grandparents have custody, yet she doesn't live with them or her father.

Just wanted to say welcome.

ETA: And I had never heard of CL living there with AD at all, since she isn't AD's child.

:waitasec: Maybe the motels where she supposedly lived some of the times may have some idea :waitasec:
I could easily guess that other job did not require for her to be on her feet.

<<SNIP>>
Davis had been living at a house on Wall Street, according to Cromartie, and then lived in
different motels until moving in her with her sister, Barbara Davis, at the Sleepy Hollow
Mobile Home Park.

In this article, CES mentions AD's work history prior to 2008.

The company, CES Inc. of South Carolina, conducted a statewide background check on Davis before she was hired in June 2008, an executive said. Her record was clean, he said. And since she started with CES, the only disciplinary action in her file was reporting late for work one time.
Before 2008, Davis worked jobs cleaning Fayetteville hotels and businesses. She held some of those jobs only a few months, citing not enough work hours, according to her personnel records with CES.
http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/11/17/952784

Originally Posted by songline
Maybe the motels where she supposedly lived some of the times may have some idea
I could easily guess that other job did not require for her to be on her feet.

<<SNIP>>
Davis had been living at a house on Wall Street, according to Cromartie, and then lived in
different motels until moving in her with her sister,
Barbara Davis, at the Sleepy Hollow
Mobile Home Park.

In this article, CES mentions AD's work history prior to 2008.

The company, CES Inc. of South Carolina, conducted a statewide background check on Davis before she was hired in June 2008, an executive said. Her record was clean, he said. And since she started with CES, the only disciplinary action in her file was reporting late for work one time.
Before 2008, Davis worked jobs cleaning Fayetteville hotels and businesses. She held some of those jobs only a few months, citing not enough work hours, according to her personnel records with CES.
http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/11/17/952784

Your post is about her work, mine was about where she was living.
Not sure why you are quoting my post.

Oddly, I don't think AD was prostituting herself.
Most definitely not in the streetwalking sense, MOO.

I think she was your basic drug addict, selling what she needed to to get drugs, and taking fronts from dealers until payday. When payday stopped coming, someone suggested her daughter as a payment, and she took the opportunity, rather than have to work it off herself.
If she had been prostituting herself, no reason to prostitute Shaniya...
This is based on the personal fact that drugs usually eclipse shame. With that in mind, it seems to me that if AD were hooking, she just would have gone on hooking, and never offered Shaniya at all. There would have been no thoughts of stopping because she didn't like it, those thoughts aren't there for an addict. Addicts want drugs, and once they've sold themselves for it a few times, the thought processes are linked. They like drugs, sex gets them drugs...why stop?

(I work outreach with local prostitutes and I have asked some of them about this case. Each and every one of them is appalled and shocked and really wants a piece of AD.)

Hi GucciLucci - Can't answer your question, since I can't figure out why her grandparents have custody, yet she doesn't live with them or her father.

Just wanted to say welcome.

ETA: And I had never heard of CL living there with AD at all, since she isn't AD's child.

Thanks for the welcome. I have lurked here for lil while on following this cast. I heard this interview and I am know so lost. This person also said that BL's 1st wife, VL died in a drug deal gone bad and AD took care of CL after her mother was killed. Can't picture AD as the nanny type. This story is getting so crazy.

Living in motels is what a lot of poor homeless people do. They lose their "home" and have nowhere else. They may stay a couple of nights, which is what they might be able to afford. Then they stay with friends, relatives and acquaintances. Of course, that never lasts long.

Where I live, just because you are homeless doesn't mean you get to stay in a shelter. They have applications and rules. Just because you have children, doesn't mean you get to stay in a shelter. There really aren't enough spaces for people in shelters here where I live.

She got kicked out of public housing, so there would be no help there, either. Where I live, if you get kicked out, you have to wait 7 years before you can get back in.

I imagine with the economic situation, the shelters are bursting at the seams.

Thanks for the welcome. I have lurked here for lil while on following this cast. I heard this interview and I am know so lost. This person also said that BL's 1st wife, VL died in a drug deal gone bad and AD took care of CL after her mother was killed. Can't picture AD as the nanny type. This story is getting so crazy.
She was killed in a home invasion, actually. There may have been drug ties...we don't know for sure.

This is easily one of the craziest that I have ever seen.

BL's wife passed away 11 years ago, AD would have been about 14 years old. Perhaps a blog without accountability isn't a good source for factual information, instead, it's a lot of speculation. IMO

I think she was your basic drug addict, selling what she needed to to get drugs, and taking fronts from dealers until payday. When payday stopped coming, someone suggested her daughter as a payment, and she took the opportunity, rather than have to work it off herself.
This is based on the personal fact that drugs usually eclipse shame. With that in mind, it seems to me that if AD were hooking, she just would have gone on hooking, and never offered Shaniya at all. There would have been no thoughts of stopping because she didn't like it, those thoughts aren't there for an addict. Addicts want drugs, and once they've sold themselves for it a few times, the thought processes are linked. They like drugs, sex gets them drugs...why stop?

(I work outreach with local prostitutes and I have asked some of them about this case. Each and every one of them is appalled and shocked and really wants a piece of AD.)
Her family wants us to know that she juggled 2 part time jobs ;)
Prostitution was only a speculation since she never served time for the prostitution arrest.
Assuming there was a 2nd job, It sound pretty probable to me, seems there is only proof of 1P/T job.

This may be OT, but I will say it anyway.

From personal experience with articles written by reporters over the years about my late husband and the work that he used to do--

--Every newspaper article ever written about him has a mistake -- some very minor (date, name, family relationship), others where the reporter either was not listening or added their own slant on what was going on.

-- There is very little fact checking that is going on in the news these days -- in one article, the reporter got the name wrong on a famous Canadian architect who was my husband's cousin. This could have been fact-checked in seconds via the internet.

I am always leery when I read any newspaper or magazine article, or hear any news report on TV-- the standards for reporting are not the same as they were 20 years ago.

BBM

I blame the corporatization of the news media. Back in the 70's the networks weren't run like business' when it came to the news departments. They had enough staff to cover the issues adequately. Then large companies bought them and decided that the news departments were too fat and the quality of the news dropped significantly. JMO

There are thousands of people who deal drugs...use drugs...and a number of things but have never gotten caught. Just because this woman had a clean record at that time doesn't mean she wasn't into drugs or even dealing them.

IIRC, the rule of thumb is that a criminal usually gets away with a crime 6 times before being caught.

She was killed in a home invasion, actually. There may have been drug ties...we don't know for sure.

This is easily one of the craziest that I have ever seen.

NMK, what are you in your photo avatar? I'm guessing a newborn kitten. If that's true, then you have quite the schnozz!

SteelyDan - Sleeping hamster. And he has quite the snout on him, doesn't he?

Living in motels is what a lot of poor homeless people do. They lose their "home" and have nowhere else. They may stay a couple of nights, which is what they might be able to afford. Then they stay with friends, relatives and acquaintances. Of course, that never lasts long.
Where I live, just because you are homeless doesn't mean you get to stay in a shelter. They have applications and rules. Just because you have children, doesn't mean you get to stay in a shelter. There really aren't enough spaces for people in shelters here where I live.

She got kicked out of public housing, so there would be no help there, either. Where I live, if you get kicked out, you have to wait 7 years before you can get back in.

I imagine with the economic situation, the shelters are bursting at the seams.

Thank you for this post,
You know :( the more I read this stuff, the more angry I get at BL - :furious:
How could he pretend not to know where he was sending Shaniya to live?, assuming this horrific murder did not happen (but it did) Just living in the conditions of despair is not a place to send any child. It just is NOT.
How could he not know anything?
Set aside the differences they may have had, set aside that he is getting married and wants a new start, set aside that he did not get guardianship, set aside that there were felons around there, sent aside that both AD and CLD are and have been very evasive all along.
HOW CAN A HUMAN BEING PUT A CHILD INTO A SITUATION OF DISPAIR???? Is he efing numb? :confused:

MOO

SteelyDan - Sleeping hamster. And I have quite the snout on me, don't I?

Fixed it for you.

For some reason you wrote that in the third person when it should have been written in the first person. Just sayin. Cutie. :blowkiss:

But, if you set aside the felons, and the assumption that BL wanted a new life, and the murder, you are left with a financially destitute mother raising a child in a crappy environment with no input from the father....
Or, in other words, a good deal of the lower class single parents.
Despair and lack of cash are two vastly different things.

But, if you set aside the felons, and the assumption that BL wanted a new life, and the murder, you are left with a financially destitute mother raising a child in a crappy environment with no input from the father....
Or, in other words, a good deal of the lower class single parents.
Despair and lack of cash are two vastly different things.

Humans post was about how some homeless bounce around and that was what we were saying if AD lived that way...homeless using motels as temporary flop houses in between flopping where ever else they can...
THERE IS a difference between poor conditions - I was raised very poor in my early days and there is a difference between poor and what sounds like destitute & despair.
IF AD lived from one place to the next "homeless" life style , I have to say that is far worse then poor.
Now If that was her life style and they all knew each other......HOW on earth can any human do it to a child...?
I think he is numb and not from shock because IMO you have to be NUMB to put her there in the first place. :(
I do not buy that he knew nothing. JMO.

As for no input from the father that is on the same table as all else that I set aside.
I want to know HOW HE CAN LEAVE HER THERE.?

Humans post was about how some homeless bounce around and that was what we were saying if AD lived that way...homeless using motels as temporary flop houses in between flopping where ever else they can...
THERE IS a difference between poor conditions - I was raised very poor in my early days and there is a difference between poor and what sounds like destitute & despair.
IF AD lived from one place to the next "homeless" life style , I have to say that is far worse then poor.
Now If that was her life style and they all knew each other......HOW on earth can any human do it to a child...?
I think he is numb and not from shock because IMO you have to be NUMB to put her there in the first place. :(
I do not buy that he knew nothing. JMO.
As for no input from the father that is on the same table as all else that I set aside.
I want to know HOW HE CAN LEAVE HERE THERE.?

Yep I know that to be true. My ex's half-sister was a crack head. She actually stole the silver coin out of my then 7 yr olds piggy bank. I was in denial that she could be an addict.. until then. Needless to say those ties were cut real fast. We got a call from ex's mom telling us she was now living in a motel...that was 17 years ago... so that mess enters all lifestyles not just the poor.

Songline, out of all that, I will only choose to say that I don't think he was totally clueless either.
And he should have looked closer. But on the surface, did he see despair or just poor?

How much can be blamed on malice and how much on ignorance?

I keep thinking it has to do with the fact that CC is HIV Positive. Maybe her suppliers were just not WILLING to take her so she offered Shaniya.

Thank you for this post,
You know :( the more I read this stuff, the more angry I get at BL - :furious:
How could he pretend not to know where he was sending Shaniya to live?, assuming this horrific murder did not happen (but it did) Just living in the conditions of despair is not a place to send any child. It just is NOT.
How could he not know anything?
Set aside the differences they may have had, set aside that he is getting married and wants a new start, set aside that he did not get guardianship, set aside that there were felons around there, sent aside that both AD and CLD are and have been very evasive all along.
HOW CAN A HUMAN BEING PUT A CHILD INTO A SITUATION OF DISPAIR???? Is he efing numb? :confused:

MOO

I felt the same way but it is not going to bring her back. She never had a chance IMO. I pray she is in a better place. It is all we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro