NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, missing from her home 11/10/09 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
or the child was carried out of the home wrapped in the blanket (no longer alive) and for some (dumb) reason the blanket was not left with her, but thrown in the neighbor's trash can on the way back to the home...

quoting myself to add that, in the above scenario, the perp would be someone from inside Shaniya's home...

I have gone back and deleted my post that had a link to a site that I had in error thought was the regarding the mother. Kellync was kind enough to message me and let me know it was the wrong person but I had already left for the night and just now logged back in. I apologize for any confusion, the last thing I want to do is put out any incorrect info.

Even if she had dirtied the blanket during the night, just stick it in the washer. LE wouldn't really question a 5 y/o having an "accident" while sleeping. I am very curious now just what might be on the blanket, and if nothing unusual is found, definitely think it would be for staging. Another thing that doesn't make sense is the clothing she was reported "missing" in. It's a little too cold at night for just a shirt & underwear. MOO

Some of the articles I've read refer to it as a NIGHTshirt. So I was thinking a long nightgown/t-shirt kinda thing. Could be wrong.

Just thought of this. But does anyone else find it a little odd that it's known and reported what color underwear the child had on?
My son is still in diapers, so I haven't done the underwear thing yet, and maybe I'll find that it's pretty normal to remember what underwear your child is wearing. But it just now hit me as a little odd.

Well, we definitely know now she didn't just wander out of the house. And if a stranger perp had abducted her and carried her out of the house, why would they toss the blanket in the neighbor's trash on the way out of the area? I think that leaves just about one other possibility. MOO

This is a very bad sign. I see no reason for a stranger to dump the blanket or a perp within the household in a simple kidnap. Fiber transfer within that small space and with that many people is expected. The only reason to throw it away that I can imagine is that she was assaulted and the person feared that their personal fluids were on that blanket. I assume that if her blood was on it, it would have been obvious.

Why the blanket and not the nightgown and undergarments too? Why not dump it all with the remains?

Perhaps they took her remains somewhere to get rid of her (I don't think she disappeared the night she was reported) and when they returned home they realized that they had failed to take the incriminating blanket along, so they got lazy and dumped it in the neighbor's garbage rather than taking it to a remote location. The only reason to use a neighbor's trash can is to avoid implicating the people in the home.

I haven't really seen much mention of him at all in this case. And that stirred my interest in him early on because I've found in my time here at WS that many times, what is NOT being said is more important than what IS being said.

Statistically, a child living in a home with a non-related male is 50 times more likely to be abused. Single mom's have GOT to start protecting their children better, and knowing more about the people they allow around their kids, especially in their own homes.
My bold
(small rant here)
I have a cousin that has a myspace. Grown woman.
She thinks its ok to put her status as "single' and then post pictures of her and her kids. I have told her to STOP! posting those, believe it or not, cuz, there are people who specifically target you for that very reason. She laughs at me,and I dont say anything anymore, but c'mon! There really are men who look for this stuff! I hate to see my small family members pictures on myspace. I know she is proud of her family, but you have to be so much more careful now..(rant over)

quoting myself to add that, in the above scenario, the perp would be someone from inside Shaniya's home...
I can see that happening too, which would also mean, imo, that she's nearby. MOO

this statement has bothered me since it hit the media yesterday

"There have been major DSS issues with this family – who has custody, switching back and forth," Chance said.

major DSS issues? so what can be worse than major? why were they staying there?

who has custody, switching back and forth...Does that mean switching back and forth between the Mother and Father or between the Mother and DSS?

I think if the DSS reports come out in this case we will be shocked...Well I don't know here lately nothing is shocking.

Some of the articles I've read refer to it as a NIGHTshirt. So I was thinking a long nightgown/t-shirt kinda thing. Could be wrong.

Just thought of this. But does anyone else find it a little odd that it's known and reported what color underwear the child had on?
My son is still in diapers, so I haven't done the underwear thing yet, and maybe I'll find that it's pretty normal to remember what underwear your child is wearing. But it just now hit me as a little odd.
I'd read a couple of versions too (night shirt/t-shirt) but with the color of the underwear being reported it seemed it was more like a t-shirt where the underwear would be exposed. MOO

This is a very bad sign. I see no reason for a stranger to dump the blanket or a perp within the household in a simple kidnap. Fiber transfer within that small space and with that many people is expected. The only reason to throw it away that I can imagine is that she was assaulted and the person feared that their personal fluids were on that blanket. I assume that if her blood was on it, it would have been obvious.

Why the blanket and not the nightgown and undergarments too? Why not dump it all with the remains?

Perhaps they took her remains somewhere to get rid of her (I don't think she disappeared the night she was reported) and when they returned home they realized that they had failed to take the incriminating blanket along, so they got lazy and dumped it in the neighbor's garbage rather than taking it to a remote location. The only reason to use a neighbor's trash can is to avoid implicating the people in the home.
I agree. And as I said, if it were simply her wetting the bed, just toss the blanket into the washer. It definitely seems now with the blanket being found in the neighbor's trash that it was a deliberate attempt to cast suspicion off everybody in Shaniya's house. Normally I couldn't see a stranger perp discarding it in somebody else's garbage ~ why not just leave it at the side of the road, for example. MOO

I'd read a couple of versions too (night shirt/t-shirt) but with the color of the underwear being reported it seemed it was more like a t-shirt where the underwear would be exposed. MOO

Respectfully bouncing off your post, panthera...

so i may be reaching here, but if there was a bedwetting issue as some posters speculate, Shaniya's underpants may have been changed prior to her "going missing", hence the detail/color known of her underpants, because they were just put on her...moo

My bold
(small rant here)
I have a cousin that has a myspace. Grown woman.
She thinks its ok to put her status as "single' and then post pictures of her and her kids. I have told her to STOP! posting those, believe it or not, cuz, there are people who specifically target you for that very reason. She laughs at me,and I dont say anything anymore, but c'mon! There really are men who look for this stuff! I hate to see my small family members pictures on myspace. I know she is proud of her family, but you have to be so much more careful now..(rant over)
I knew somebody like that too. She had her full name, photos of her kids and even had her place of employment on her profile. How stupid is that! :banghead: MOO

This case reminds me of the little boy Robert Manwell. Although he was only visiting his Mom.

Respectfully bouncing off your post, panthera...

so i may be reaching here, but if there was a bedwetting issue as some posters speculate, Shaniya's underpants may have been changed prior to her "going missing", hence the detail/color known of her underpants, because they were just put on her...moo

I only speculated about the bed wetting to exclude it as a reason to toss the blanket, but if that really were an issue, yes, her underwear could've been changed before her disappearance. Assuming she really was abducted. I still think it's something far worse that may be found on the blanket. MOO

does anyone know if the 7 yr old and Shaniya have the same Dad?

If the blanket was thrown in the neighbors trash why did the dogs not pick up Shaniya scent? If it was put inside a trash bag would that prevent the dogs from picking up her scent?

Wouldnt antwanette davis have a record due to the drugs they found in her home? I'm looking but I don't see anything recent.

Wouldnt antwanette davis have a record due to the drugs they found in her home? I'm looking but I don't see anything recent.

hi swanniee....i have seen her name spelled the way you have it and 'antoinette' in separate media reports...i do not know which spelling is correct, but have you tried both?

I'm also wondering why her name is the only one I've seen in the media articles ~ nothing on the boyfriend or dad? Or did I miss something?

hi swanniee....i have seen her name spelled the way you have it and 'antoinette'...i do not know which spelling is correct, but have you tried both?

I have and I've come up with a 2007 arrest but nothing newer or regarding drugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biph