NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, missing from her home 11/10/09 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
exactly!

And we know the neighbor heard the beating on the wall around 0330... nurse thinks that maybe he could have left earlier with the child and she was the one doing the clean up (blanket etc)...

You are probably right, but she sure did a crappy job of cleaning up.

The dogs in this case can suck an egg. The child's favorite blanket was 200 feet away in an unsealed (closed only) container, and they couldn't find it.

My apologies in advance if this has already been posted or expanded upon. But I'm trying to catch up and a few people have posted about how the dogs missed the blanket. We were talking about this on Thread #1 yesterday too.

My understanding after watching NG last night with the neighbor Andrea Moore:
The police found the blanket VERY early on Tuesday morning after being called to the home. AM said she was woken up around 3 AM to the sound of something beating on her trailer. Then later (unspecified time) she was awoken again by police asking if she had seen the little girl. She went back to bed, and only a few minutes later, she heard footsteps on her porch, opened the door, and MORE police were there, telling her they had found this blanket and were taping off her trash can.

To me, that sounds like this blanket was probably found before the dogs were even brought out to search for Shaniya, even though the info about the blanket wasn't released until yesterday afternoon.

Don't blame the doggies. ;) :blushing:

ETA: I DO think it's odd that Shaniya's scent wasn't found outside the home at all. Partially for the obvious reason, that it should be there if she walked out of the home, or maybe even if she was carried. But ALSO, because she lived there, she's 5 years old and I can't see any reason why her scent shouldn't be all over that place from days previous. IMO.

"A witness saw a man police believe to be Coe driving away from the Sleepy Hollow Mobile Home Park on Tuesday with the girl in his car, police said. Chance declined to identify the witness or say what time the abduction occurred."

At this point, all we know for sure is that she was removed from the home on Tuesday, sometime before the 911 call at 6:53 AM. I am very curious about what the witness saw. I wonder if they saw him put her in the car then drive off, or if they saw him driving and somehow managed to view little Shaniya in the car.

My apologies in advance if this has already been posted or expanded upon. But I'm trying to catch up and a few people have posted about how the dogs missed the blanket. We were talking about this on Thread #1 yesterday too.

My understanding after watching NG last night with the neighbor Andrea Moore:
The police found the blanket VERY early on Tuesday morning after being called to the home. AM said she was woken up around 3 AM to the sound of something beating on her trailer. Then later (unspecified time) she was awoken again by police asking if she had seen the little girl. She went back to bed, and only a few minutes later, she heard footsteps on her porch, opened the door, and MORE police were there, telling her they had found this blanket and were taping off her trash can.

To me, that sounds like this blanket was probably found before the dogs were even brought out to search for Shaniya, even though the info about the blanket wasn't released until yesterday afternoon.

Don't blame the doggies. ;) :blushing:

ETA: I DO think it's odd that Shaniya's scent wasn't found outside the home at all. Partially for the obvious reason, that it should be there if she walked out of the home, or maybe even if she was carried. But ALSO, because she lived there, she's 5 years old and I can't see any reason why her scent shouldn't be all over that place from days previous. IMO.

IIRC, AM said that LE was at her door the first time @ 7:30 a.m.

Since this is 'kidnapping' 1st degree.........FBI on case????

as for clean up.........not very good on the porch for sure.........done in the darK???

i believe the infant child is the Aunt's child. the one that rented the home. i thought I read that somewhere.

i believe the infant child is the Aunt's child. the one that rented the home. i thought I read that somewhere.

I think I read that too. But, I don't recall where I read it so I can't be 100% positive, but I think the infant is the aunt's child.

I'm glad someone has been arrested, and I really hope this brings some justice for Shaniya and helps to bring her home safe.

Updated

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6402664/

""We're dealing with getting very differing stories constantly, so we're trying to piece together the truth and what was going on at the time," Chance said."

getting very differing stories constantly sounds so familiar. I'm thinking of another baby girl that was "removed" from her home around 3:00 and no body could keep story straight. Still can't.

I think he must have been seen carrying her. If she was just in his car, despite the circumstances of her being missing, I don't believe it would be "first degree kidnapping" unless they have evidence that she went against her will and was crying/kicking/etc or was asleep/passed out/harmed/whatever. I do think it would constitute kidnapping, regardless if she went willingly. BUT, for him to already be charged with first degree kidnapping sounds like whatever has been seen/witnessed was more than just the two of them driving away.

According to article Coe was seen w Shaniya in his car by eyewitness (vs video). But it may also be further corroborated by video, let's hope.

:parrot:

From video, it looks cold and rainy with lots of wind........
any locals the night Shaniya was kidnapped what was the weather like?
Clothes were hung out?
But was Ida hurricane coming?

Didn't the park manager say that neither woman looked pregnant when they moved in last August? Even if the infant is a NEW newborn, as in weeks old, you would think a pregnancy would have been obvious in August. Only 3 months difference. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487