NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, missing from her home 11/10/09 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is a sad state of affairs in my life when hubby wants to go to one of my favorite restaurants and I actually (secretly) dont want to go. Id rather sit here and wait. The first night, I went to bed earlier than normal, and when I woke up Coe was arrested. Last night, I went to bed, woke up and McNeill is behind bars. Now, I am leaving again, lets see if something happens. I sure am hoping they find her tonight!

Well, I hate for you to leave, but since the action happens when you leave, maybe you should go now. ;)
J/K. Actually, that always happens to me too. And then I have to catch up, and I keep wanting to respond to posts, but I'm pages behind. UGH.
Enjoy dinner and hopefully, you will get back to see Shaniya is safe with her dad.

I think he is going to plead NOT GUILTY coz the MOM knew he :took: her with him from the trailor. heck! The MOTHER might have told him to, told him to take her with him when he left. That makes sense to me as to why pleading NOT GUILTY OF kiddnapping her.

I'm sure his attorney or public defender advised him to plead not guilty, whether he thinks he is guilty or not. Pleading not guilty means they will go through the trial process and there are so many things that can happen between now and when a trial takes place.

BTW...I'm not an attorney, just my knowledge of how the criminal proceedings take place in my district.

Maybe this has been addressed and I just missed it, but I have seen two photos of Shaniya being carried into the elevator. Is one photo of her being carried in the elevator when she and the kidnapper arrived at the hotel and the second photo of the two of them entering the elevator to leave the hotel? I was just wondering since it has been released that they only stayed at the hotel for one hour, if she was just delivered to someone already at the hotel. If so, then that someone should have been on a video leaving with her immediately afterwards.

McNeill's address is listed as the 2600 block of Pine Springs off Cumberland-- anyone good with maps willing to see if he's located close to Shaniya's residence? lol

Bringing this up for MomOfBoys.
http://www.comfortsuites.com/hotel/NC559?promo=bingmap

Really nice hotel. 100% smoke free. Looks very similar to the one I stayed in. Only one entrance, you walk right past the reception desk. Only one elevator.
At least at the one I was at, and the pics of this one look like it was built exactly the same way.
Also, I didn't notice ANY security camera's. Maybe because I had no reason to worry about them. Or maybe because they were hidden. Don't know. But they certainly weren't obvious.

Thanks!

Most hotels are franchisees nowadays. For instance, with Marriott, there were only a handful of company-owned hotels and that was four years ago. I work for an Intercontinental Hotels Group property (HI, HIE, Hotel Indigo, Staybridge, Crowne Plaza, etc) and security cameras are not company mandated to my knowledge. Our ownership elected to do it at their expense.

Our cameras don't leap out at you, but we make no effort to hide them.

Keycards could play a big role, especially if it was some kind of handoff to an already registered guest. You can read the locks and see every access, the time it was accessed, and the increment of time between accesses. You can tell if a guest used the key, or if it was a housekeeper, MOD, etc, and which one. If they read the other locks, they can check out anyone who entered their room in that timespan. At that time of morning during the week in a hotel of that size, you're probably dealing with a handful of rooms. Most people at that hour will either be leaving for good, or coming back from an early breakfast.

I often work 7-3 MOD shifts and at that time of day you just don't see a lot of activity. Maybe this property has more of a business demographic, but our business guests are generally out of the room, picking up some breakfast and gone. It'd be the room ENTRIES that'd be interesting, and those are a lot more rare.

I was really hoping, since McNeill admitted to police that he kidnapped Shaniya, that he was going to use her whereabouts as leverage and that he would tell them her location as part of a plea.

Ok, I'm all caught up. This is just nuts.
I have a firm belief that McNeill is related to mom and he took her as a favor to mom due to cutody issues. That would explain why we haven't seen mom.
I'd love for LE to address ANY INFO ON MOM

ETA: it seems LE is keeping all info regarding mom close to the vest. There has to be a reason for that. just sayin

It sure does seem strange that mom is totally non existant in all of this. LE doesn't mention her, no photos of her, even the press says nothing. Just really odd.

O/T: I'd like to say how sick I am of seeing how much coverage Balloon boy scandal is still getting. Come on press!!!! We have children missing!!!! AOL's homepage and MSN's home page both have links to Balloon boy info but neither of them have a single bit of info on all the children in this country that are missing. Public needs to know about these poor children, not that crazy arse dad that loves the spotlight.
Sorry, rant over.

It sure does seem strange that mom is totally non existant in all of this. LE doesn't mention her, no photos of her, even the press says nothing. Just really odd.

Agreed. In fact (Not counting our theories here), the only mentions of her that I can recall right now were that she put the child down at 5:30 AM on the couch, and found her missing an hour later, and the "terrorizing Antoinette" charges talked about in the video when Coe goes before the judge.

LE is definitely keeping some major info quiet.

IMO, from the pictures that show Shaniya with McNeill she seems to not be in distress, but anxious in a way of "will my mommy be here?" I think Shaniya knows McNeill...
I think he was identified by LE from license plates or LE is very familiar with him and recognized him right away.They might have received the tip on Tuesday but didnt actually check it out until Wednesday due to the amount of tips and they probably scoped out the nearest sightings first.
As far as Coe goes, either he's in on it or he was accused falsely to take the heat off McNeill and who ever really has Shaniya to get her far away. Coe looked pissed in his court appearence but not mad bcus he caught-mad because he's being accused of something he possibly had no part of? More than anything I wish Shaniya to be found safe...secondly to find out if Mom has anything to do with this which I'm 99% sure of.

"Fayetteville police spokeswoman Theresa Chance said Friday that 29-year-old Mario Andrette McNeill confessed to the crime and has been charged with kidnapping."

Above quoted from article at this link: http://www.wral.com/news/state/story/6412437/

""His attorney, Allen Rogers, said McNeill surrendered to police after investigators contacted his family.

"Obviously, it's a very serious situation. Our hearts go out to the family of this young girl. I certainly hope she's safely returned to her family," Rogers said, declining further comment.""

Above quoted from article at this link: http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6411942/

His lawyer REALLY needs to make his client fess up!

O/T: I'd like to say how sick I am of seeing how much coverage Balloon boy scandal is still getting. Come on press!!!! We have children missing!!!! AOL's homepage and MSN's home page both have links to Balloon boy info but neither of them have a single bit of info on all the children in this country that are missing. Public needs to know about these poor children, not that crazy arse dad that loves the spotlight.
Sorry, rant over.

ITA!!!
They created the hoax for the coverage anyway. WHY condone their behaviour and reward it with more coverage and attention?
Not to mention, IMO, the reason things like what they did are SO bad and wrong, is because time/money/resources were used that many other cases, particularly missing persons, could have benefited from.
I haven't bothered to read a single article, or listen to a single news story about this since it was deemed a hoax. I won't give it the time of day.

(Laughing at myself, cause this post is a contradiction). LOL.

"Fayetteville police spokeswoman Theresa Chance said Friday that 29-year-old Mario Andrette McNeill confessed to the crime and has been charged with kidnapping."

Above quoted from article at this link: http://www.wral.com/news/state/story/6412437/

""His attorney, Allen Rogers, said McNeill surrendered to police after investigators contacted his family.

"Obviously, it's a very serious situation. Our hearts go out to the family of this young girl. I certainly hope she's safely returned to her family," Rogers said, declining further comment.""

Above quoted from article at this link: http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6411942/

His lawyer REALLY needs to make his client fess up!

BBM

Sad thing is he can't unless it's in the best interest of his client. That's his job. I could never be a defense attorney, Cause whether they are guilty or not, you have to try your best to get them off. SUCKS

BBM

Sad thing is he can't unless it's in the best interest of his client. That's his job. I could never be a defense attorney, Cause whether they are guilty or not, you have to try your best to get them off. SUCKS

If she is alive, as we all hope she is, it would be in his best interest, her whereabouts could be used as part of a plea deal. The only way I would find it not in his best interest is if she is deceased. This is my opinion only of course.

tinted windows??? seems like a useless charge when the other 1 is 1st degree kidnapping. I wonder why they bothered charging him with that???

ok, maybe we can hope for another 9:00 press conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member