Identified! NC - Skeletal remains found in Robeson County, Feb 2019 - Susan McGirt

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

TedMac

Reaction score
Skeletal remains found in Robeson County

ROBESON COUNTY, N.C. (WPDE) — Skeletal remains were found Wednesday in Robeson County.

The bones were found just before noon Wednesday alongside the railroad tracks near Barker Ten Mile and Powersville Roads, just outside of Lumberton, according to Robeson County Sheriff Burnis Wilkins.

No further details were immediately made available.

ROBESON COUNTY, N.C. (WPDE) — Skeletal remains were found Wednesday in Robeson County.

The bones were found just before noon Wednesday alongside the railroad tracks near Barker Ten Mile and Powersville Roads, just outside of Lumberton, according to Robeson County Sheriff Burnis Wilkins.

No further details were immediately made available.

I'm thinking about Sara Graham.

I'll map everybody in relation to the remains later tonight, but if somebody gets to it sooner, feel free.

P. S. Are the two Lowerys related?

I don't know if the Lowery's are related. There is not much info on their threads. Nothing to indicate they are related but they could be. It could also be one of the really common surnames in the area. There is a large Native American population in Lumberton and both the missing Lowery's are Native American.

ETA: A bit of history on Lumbee surnames here: Lumbee - Wikipedia
(Under the heading "American Revolution and federal era")

Last edited:
Re Sara -- It's around 15--20 miles from Powersville Road to Fairmont, NC. Mostly rural area.

Re Abby - It's about 7--8 miles from downtown Lumberton to Powersville Road.

Who knoze??

Thanks for starting the thread, TedMac!

I don't know if the Lowery's are related. There is not much info on their threads. Nothing to indicate they are related but they could be. It could also be one of the really common surnames in the area. There is a large Native American population in Lumberton and both the missing Lowery's are Native American.

ETA: A bit of history on Lumbee surnames here: Lumbee - Wikipedia
(Under the heading "American Revolution and federal era")
The names Lowery and Lowry are fairly common Lumbee names in Robeson County, NC.

ETA -- Oops, I forgot Lowrie, but you don't see that name very much these days -- it's (obviously) an earlier form of Lowry/Lowery.

Last edited:
Article from today refers to her as Nicole Graham:

Investigation underway after more skeletal remains found in Robeson County

This article says the remains were found on the railroad tracks:

Skeletal remains found on Lumberton railroad tracks

With the remains being found on the tracks it seems likely this was someone hit by a train and dragged or someone who jumped on a train to hitch a ride and fell off like Varcy Locklear: Skull found in Robeson County is that of man killed by train

JMO.

"At the end of 2018, deputies identified a skull that was also found near train tracks in Robeson County.

Deputies have also been working clues to solve the highly publicized deaths of three women in 2017.

Those cases still haven't been solved and are the subject of "32 Degrees," a podcast by CBS 17's Russ Bowen.

The 2017 disappearance of Abby Patterson and the 2015 disappearance of Nicole Graham in 2015 have also not been solved."

With the remains being found on the tracks it seems likely this was someone hit by a train and dragged or someone who jumped on a train to hitch a ride and fell off like Varcy Locklear: Skull found in Robeson County is that of man killed by train

JMO.
Gardnener, didn't we just leave a month long discussion in Robeson County not that long ago.. What a sad place. I remember after/during Hania's disappearance, the FBI wasn't able to leave because of all the Unidentified bodies that turned up while they were there...

Gardnener, didn't we just leave a month long discussion in Robeson County not that long ago.. What a sad place. I remember after/during Hania's disappearance, the FBI wasn't able to leave because of all the Unidentified bodies that turned up while they were there...

Yes, I made most of the above MP threads after Hania's case. IMO the missing and murdered rate is high in Lumberton for a population of only about 21,000 people. Sadly I'm guessing there are many more missing that have not been reported. MOO.

"At the end of 2018, deputies identified a skull that was also found near train tracks in Robeson County.

Deputies have also been working clues to solve the highly publicized deaths of three women in 2017.

Those cases still haven't been solved and are the subject of "32 Degrees," a podcast by CBS 17's Russ Bowen.

The 2017 disappearance of Abby Patterson and the 2015 disappearance of Nicole Graham in 2015 have also not been solved."

Here's the thread for the 3 unsolved murdered women: Found Deceased - NC - Megan Oxendine, 28, Christina Bennett, 32, and Rhonda Jones, 36, Lumberton, Apr/Jun 2017
(I believe they were murdered even though there is no official cause of death for any of them. MOO.)

LUMBERTON, N.C. (WPDE) —

Skeletal remains found last week near the railroad tracks on Powersville Road in Lumberton have been identified as a woman who went missing from an assisted living facility in July.

The Robeson County Sheriff’s Office identified the remains as that of Susan McGirt. McGirt, 55, of Lumberton,

McGirt had been missing since July 4, 2018, when she last seen walking away from an assisted living facility on Mount Moriah Church Road.

Sheriff ID's skeletal remains as that of missing woman

RIP Susan :(

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member