GUILTY NC - Teghan Skiba, 4, Smithfield, 19 July 2010 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anybody seen the Arrest Warrant for Richardson? If so, please link it or display it. I have looked everywhere & cannot find it. I want to see the Probable Cause section.

Thanks in advance!

borndem, regarding the mug shot of Jonathan Richardson you posted up-thread, it never ceases to amaze me how these child abusers and/or murderers have a 'new' look at trial time. If put side by side, there is a dramatic difference in Richardson's appearance . . . including glasses.

I attended the Lucas Coe trial in Houston, TX regarding the horrific, brutal rape and beating death of barely 4 year old Emma Thompson. At the time of his arrest vs appearance at trial, Coe transformed his appearance for trial to that of "a choir boy look."

One of the Houston media stated Coe's choir boy looks did not fool the jury. After I saw it on TV, I realized the reporter was right and that is what Coe tried to project to the jury. . . . sweet and innocent.

No offense intended to choir boy looks. It is a compliment to have the lovely appearance of a choir boy.

borndem, regarding the mug shot of Jonathan Richardson you posted up-thread, it never ceases to amaze me how these child abusers and/or murderers have a 'new' look at trial time. If put side by side, there is a dramatic difference in Richardson's appearance . . . including glasses.

I attended the Lucas Coe trial in Houston, TX regarding the horrific, brutal rape and beating death of barely 4 year old Emma Thompson. At the time of his arrest vs appearance at trial, Coe transformed his appearance for trial to that of "a choir boy look."

One of the Houston media stated Coe's choir boy looks did not fool the jury. After I saw it on TV, I realized the reporter was right and that is what Coe tried to project to the jury. . . . sweet and innocent.

No offense intended to choir boy looks. It is a compliment to have the lovely appearance of a choir boy.

Oyez, Ann-Tx, you are so right.

Many of us will never forget the blonde sexpot Jodi Arias and the little mouse Jodi Arias in court... What a transition. Hah!! -- but it didn't work, did it??

I hate to even say this, but the picture of JR with the beard would have scared me a lot if I had been a 4 y/o. Even if he were nice, he still would have scared me. Heyell, it scares me now. I don't know what he looked like back in that torture shed, but still.... <shiver>

1. Heather Moore &#8207;@HeatherMooreNow 17m
    @connieketchup A lot is indiv. articles of clothing w/stains on them. The shed was messy & cluttered, as was #JonathanRichardson's truck.
    View conversation

2. Heather Moore &#8207;@HeatherMooreNow 19m
    #JonathanRichardson trial done for tday. CSI back tomorrow, starting 9:30am. Today's wrap will be posted 5:30pm EST: http://centralnc.twcnews.com/content/news/705320/former-crime-scene-investigator-testifies-in-murder-trial &#8230;
    Expand

3. Heather Moore &#8207;@HeatherMooreNow 26m
    @connieketchup ADA says there are about 230 pieces of physical evidence. Presented +100 tday & 70 last wk. More tomrrw. #JonathanRichardson
    View conversation

1. Heather Moore &#8207;@HeatherMooreNow 17m
    @connieketchup A lot is indiv. articles of clothing w/stains on them. The shed was messy & cluttered, as was #JonathanRichardson's truck.
    View conversation

2. Heather Moore &#8207;@HeatherMooreNow 19m
    #JonathanRichardson trial done for tday. CSI back tomorrow, starting 9:30am. Today's wrap will be posted 5:30pm EST: http://centralnc.twcnews.com/content/news/705320/former-crime-scene-investigator-testifies-in-murder-trial …
    Expand

3. Heather Moore &#8207;@HeatherMooreNow 26m
    @connieketchup ADA says there are about 230 pieces of physical evidence. Presented +100 tday & 70 last wk. More tomrrw. #JonathanRichardson
    View conversation

Thank you for the details!!!!
:loveyou:

The only probable cause I'm finding is page 5 of the Search Warrant.

http://www.wral.com/asset/news/local/2010/07/20/7995652/20100720102633621.pdf

Thanks much, gxm!!

I may have overlooked the word, "Arrest" in the pile of search warrants, but I am glad to see a copy of it, thanks to you. It makes sense that the probable cause for the searches & the arrest would be the same, and LE often does issue arrest & search warrants at the same time.
Ahhh. Now I can look at it.

And thanks for your reporting to us the tweets!

Reporter Heather Moore from Time Warner Cable News in Raleigh North Carolina will join me Thursday night on iHeart Radio.com.

Jonathan Richardson has been charged with first degree murder in the torture death of 4 year old Teghan Skiba

Heather will offer the latest news and her personal observations from the court room.

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN LIVE THURSDAY NIGHT MARCH 6TH 8 PM EASTERN.

Don't worry if you miss the show. When the show is over we will post a link where you can listen at your convenience.

If you have questions for Heather and rather than disrupting this thread any more please email your questions to triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com I will do my best to get to your question.

Thank you,
Tricia

I'm heartbroken that so few are following this case. While I understand the nature of the case is disturbing, it pains me to think that her story is not being told. I want the whole world to know what this monster did to her.

Jury shown more evidence in Jonathan Richardson murder trial

By: Heather Moore - TWC - Raleigh, NC

3:25 PM - March 4, 2014

richardson_trial_evidenceb30d379d-db89-4040-92de-c3852e029e64.jpg

SMITHFIELD — Jurors in the Jonathan Richardson capital murder trial saw more of the evidence in the case on Tuesday

See more at:

http://charlotte.twcnews.com/conten...-richardson-murder-trial#sthash.YwzziOEO.dpuf

Jurors see more evidence in tortured 4-year-old girl's murder case

Posted 8:04 p.m. today - 3/4/14
Updated 8:26 p.m. today - 3/4/14

WRAL - Raleigh, NC

13450173-1393982208-640x360.jpg

Charlotte Fournier
Charlotte Fournier, a former crime scene investigator for the Johnston County Sheriff's Office, holds
up a child's jacket for jurors in the capital murder trial of Jonathan Richardson on March 4, 2014. (Chad Flowers/WRAL)

richardson3-725x485.jpg

Charlotte Fournier
Charlotte Fournier, a former crime scene investigator for the Johnston County Sheriff's Office, shows jurors on
March 4, 2014, toys and children's DVDs that she collected from a shed that prosecutors say Jonathan Richardson
used to torture his girlfriend's 4-year-old daughter, Teghan Skiba. (Chad Flowers/WRAL)

Smithfield, N.C. — Johnston County prosecutors seeking the death penalty against a man accused of torturing and killing his girlfriends' 4-year-old daughter showed jurors more than 100 pieces of evidence Tuesday as they continued laying out their case.

Read more:

http://www.wral.com/jurors-see-more-evidence-in-tortured-4-year-old-girl-s-murder-case/13450167/

I'd like to know why national media is avoiding this trial like it is the plague.

Is there some kind of news embargo?

I figured HLN would be all over this. Where is CNN? Where is FOX?

I emailed above media outlets including Nancy Grace. No responses (didn't expect any), no coverage, no mention in broadcasts. I don't get it!

These types of cases (children killed by their parent or their significant other through child abuse) rarely/never get national attention...Look at the Crimes Against Children forum....Sadly, this is not rare, hundreds of children die from child abuse every year, so it's not national "newsworthy" to them.

api_image_web_pkg.get_image

Offender Name: JONATHAN DOUGLAS RICHARDSON
Offender ID:
Date of Birth:
02/18/1989
Race:
White

Custody Status:
In Custody
Location of Offender:
Johnston County Sheriffs Office

-------------------------------------------------------

This was JDR when he was arrested. Creepy and scary looking, IMO.

And . . . this is Jonathan D. Richardson at his trial today, 3/4/14:

richardson2-725x485.jpg

Jonathan Richardson
Jonathan Douglas Richardson, right, waits March 4, 2014, with one of his defense attorneys, Mike Klinkosum,
in a Johnston County courtroom, where he is on trial for the July 19, 2010, death of 4-year-old Teghan Skiba.
(Chad Flowers/WRAL)

Source:

http://www.wral.com/news/local/image/13450175/?ref_id=13450167
WRAL - Raleigh, NC -- 3/4/14

These types of cases (children killed by their parent or their significant other through child abuse) rarely/never get national attention...Look at the Crimes Against Children forum....Sadly, this is not rare, hundreds of children die from child abuse every year, so it's not national "newsworthy" to them.
Eileen, this is sad but true.

Using TX as in example:

The stats for TX were reported in Feb, 2014 for fiscal 2013 by various media in TX. 156 children in TX died of abuse.

Source:

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/state&id=9429452
KTRK - Houston, TX -- 2/12/14

156 children died of abuse in Texas in fiscal 2013

That is in TX alone. I don't monitor other states individually but nationwide it is over 1,000.

Sadly, many cases do not even get media attention stating that a child died as a result of abuse/neglect injuries. No coverage of the trial either. And . . . I am not talking about "live stream." To my knowledge, not one child abuse/murder case trial has been streamed live in TX. It is rare for any trial in TX to be live streamed. :tantrum:

Sadly there are many people that are not interested in any type of trial.

The media has limited air time for each News broadcast. They would like to report on a lot of things but simply can not. Each day news is constantly changing. What was news at 7 a.m. is no longer news at 8 a.m. especially in large metro areas such as Houston, TX. News changes by the minute.

I have worked closely with Houston media and beyond. I was very fortunate that through hard work, the Emma Thompson case got coverage, although not "live" streamed (presiding judge would not allow) in Houston and beyond. The type of coverage the case and trials of Lucas Coe and her mother Abigail Young received is truly a rarity.

I wish each child could get media coverage about their case, especially if it involves abuse/murder.

Many times the child has siblings and the media will go to great lengths to protect the identity of those children.
And . . . that is a wonderful thing.

The media has a broad audience in a given coverage area and many times some of the things they report (in my area) are of no interest to me.

As a child advocate, like many of you here, attention to child abuse, child murder, child death, etc. will always be of interest to me.

This is an interesting link regarding national stats. Many things to click on.

https://www.childwelfare.gov/can/stat_canFatalities.cfm
Child Welfare.gov -- Statistics on Child Abuse and Neglect Fatalities

Yes gracielee I am very outraged at this. I was led to believe that the GP were "wonderful" people and if they knew she was out there they would have intervened. Well look now.........grandma saw poop and knew a 4 year old was living in a shed, with her unstable grandson, who she herself was afraid of. Ummm...I'm livid they were not charged with something? Accessory? I just can't. I had hope to go to this trial but I used alot of my PTO during the snow a few weeks ago. I just feel someone needs to be there for Teghan. I'm sure her grandparents are there but no one has reported on that. I am so thankful Heather Moore is there. She is a wonderful lady. Met her a few times. She is very nice!

I KNEW there was NO way those people lived in such close proximity to that shed and didn't know something really really bad was going on! She was scared of him? Imagine how poor Teghan felt! I'm practically shaking.

I find it incredibly difficult to read some of these posts about Teghan's last moments, but I also feel if Teghan lived through it the least I can do to honor her memory is be there for her now.

Hugs to everyone following Teghan's case and for having the strength to stick with it.

Heather Moore &#8207;@HeatherMooreNow 1m

CSI now showing little girl toys, backpack, etc. taken from shed where #JonathanRichardson kept 4-yr-old #TeghanSkiba before her death.

Thank you so much for your updates gxm, Ann-Tx and everyone else. It's very much appreciated! I wouldn't be able to follow Teghan's case otherwise, especially with the radio silence of media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot