GUILTY NC - Teghan Skiba, 4, Smithfield, 19 July 2010 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.wral.com/er-doctor-says-tortured-girl-had-been-suffering-a-long-time-/13460160/
WRAL - Raleigh, NC -- Posted 5:27 p.m. today, 3/7/14 - Updated 6:26 p.m. today, 3/7/14

ER doctor says tortured girl 'had been suffering a long time'

http://www.wral.com/forensic-analysts-can-t-id-substance-on-dead-girl-s-pants-as-blood/13456935/
WRAL - Raleigh, NC -- Posted 5:36 p.m. - 3/6/14
Updated 6:25 p.m. - 3/6/14

Forensic analysts can't ID substance on dead girl's pants as blood

Thanks to all who are taking on the duty of updating us all. You are more appreciated than we probably can tell you. This case is a horror. Complete horror.

I think the jury has been numbed from the horror. Imagine when the jurors are finally able to discuss this atrocity during deliberations...the flood of emotions and anger.

I have read through this entire thread over the past 2 nights-beginning to end. I can only imagine that the jurrors in this case have had to force themselves to be stoic, as I can barely keep the tears away enough to read and I am not there to witness the horrors like they are.

Some questions/observations:

Why is there a trial to begin with? Was this JRs decision to go to trial? Is he merely hoping to escape the death penalty, or does he seriously think he will not be convicted? Or worse, is he enjoying the attention, misery and drama he has created?

Experienced police officers, trauma doctors, nurses and investigators are unable to talk about Teghan's injuries without breaking down. This speaks volumes and actually, it makes me glad there is a trial. If there was ever going to be any doubt about the death penalty, I think their horror and despair will resolve it.

And yet, there is a young woman (from the denfense team?) laughing with this monster amid the graphic pictures, blood-soaked clothing and sobbing authorities. Amid testimony about JR biting Teghan's nipple off. I worry for her soul.

His grandparents! I am just speechless that they, Teghan's ONLY prayer of salvation, turned their backs and pretended she wasn't there. I am as aghast that this could happen as I am that their grandson did what he did to Teghan. You can have half the town saying you are a wonderful person, but I will always believe that what you DO, or do NOT do, makes you who you are. A good person would not turn their back on a 4 year old child this way.

I have nothing to say about Teghan's mother. I believe she is every bit as culpable as JR and I wish the world agreed. I'd love to see her on death row right alongside him.

I only hope that there is a heaven where children feel no pain and there is no suffering. So many precious babies, gifts who should be cherished, only experience hell on earth.

I have read through this entire thread over the past 2 nights-beginning to end. I can only imagine that the jurrors in this case have had to force themselves to be stoic, as I can barely keep the tears away enough to read and I am not there to witness the horrors like they are.

Why is there a trial to begin with? Was this JRs decision to go to trial? Is he merely hoping to escape the death penalty, or does he seriously think he will not be convicted? Or worse, is he enjoying the attention, misery and drama he has created?

Experienced police officers, trauma doctors, nurses and investigators are unable to talk about Teghan's injuries without breaking down. This speaks volumes and actually, it makes me glad there is a trial. If there was ever going to be any doubt about the death penalty, I think their horror and despair will resolve it.

And yet, there is a young woman (from the denfense team?) laughing with this monster amid the graphic pictures, blood-soaked clothing and sobbing authorities. Amid testimony about JR biting Teghan's nipple off. I worry for her soul.

His grandparents! I am just speechless that they, Teghan's ONLY prayer of salvation, turned their backs and pretended she wasn't there. I am as aghast that this could happen as I am that their grandson did what he did to Teghan. You can have half the town saying you are a wonderful person, but I will always believe that what you DO, or do NOT do, makes you who you are. A good person would not turn their back on a 4 year old child this way.

I have nothing to say about Teghan's mother. I believe she is every bit as culpable as JR and I wish the world agreed. I'd love to see her on death row right alongside him.

I only hope that there is a heaven where children feel no pain and there is no suffering. So many precious babies, gifts who should be cherished, only experience hell on earth.

Flutterby80, I share your sentiments 100%. I guess JR refused to plea guilty to the charges, thus the trial. Perhaps the DT thought the jury would take pity on this SOB because as he claims, he was abused himself as a child.

We haven't seen what the defense has to offer yet. I have a feeling, whatever the DT puts forth, I will be angry for days as a result.

Thanks to all who are taking on the duty of updating us all. You are more appreciated than we probably can tell you. This case is a horror. Complete horror.

Yes, mi amiga, you're so right. It's just so far beyond anything that has ever been done to a child -- or anyone. I've seen some bad ones, as so many of us have, but I just have to say this is by far the worst I've ever seen. The words to describe it do not exist. All I can say is that I hope she was unconscious for most of it. It's beyond comprehension.

As some have already said, the jury will be back quickly once they are sitting for a verdict, and I don't have a doubt he will get the DP in the penalty phase of the trial.

I wonder how long he will live once he gets to Central Prison. There is indeed, honor among thieves, so to speak. This man doesn't deserve one more breath of air. Not one.

Hi Everyone!
I just joined WS today but I've been following this story since 2010. Now that the trial has begun and with each horrendous deed that is revealed, I find it almost hard to believe that this evil walks amongst us.
Looking over the pics in this thread and seeing this so called "grandmother" sitting in court for her grandson,I want to scream. Wasn't she the one who heard him say "Don't go to that G D door"? Who in the heck did she think he was talking to ? I though she knew Teghan's mother was gone, so if she was gone then that would leave only one person there with him. This woman needs to be held accountable but this is just my opinion:tantrum:

Hi Everyone!

I just joined WS today but I've been following this story since 2010. Now that the trial has begun and with each horrendous deed that is revealed, I find it almost hard to believe that this evil walks amongst us.

Looking over the pics in this thread and seeing this so called "grandmother" sitting in court for her grandson,I want to scream. Wasn't she the one who heard him say "Don't go to that G D door"? Who in the heck did she think he was talking to ? I though she knew Teghan's mother was gone, so if she was gone then that would leave only one person there with him. This woman needs to be held accountable but this is just my opinion:tantrum:

Welcome to Websleuths!

And I agree! She needs to be accountable too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Everyone!

:welcome4: Weturn!

Good to have another new member joining us :)

And yes, this is about one of the worst cases I have ever followed, read about, been aware of, etc.
And yet we hear nothing on MSM :steamed:

Hi everyone...
I also just joined today. I have been considered going to observe this trial, but have been very conflicted. I have a passion for trial law and process, but i am not sure if I could handle seeing some of these photos of this poor little angel. I debated this entire week, and i think i may try to go next week.

Does anyone know the process of being admitted to the court room? Although I have followed many smaller trials in person, those were in another state. I thought maybe someone here might be able to tell me how entry to the courtroom works for this trial. If i do attend, i will post my observations for the group. Thanks. MomoJo

Hi everyone...
I also just joined today. I have been considered going to observe this trial, but have been very conflicted. I have a passion for trial law and process, but i am not sure if I could handle seeing some of these photos of this poor little angel. I debated this entire week, and i think i may try to go next week.

Does anyone know the process of being admitted to the court room? Although I have followed many smaller trials in person, those were in another state. I thought maybe someone here might be able to tell me how entry to the courtroom works for this trial. If i do attend, i will post my observations for the group. Thanks. MomoJo

:wagon: MomoJo!

One of our NC regulars can probably help you out with the basics of attending. I am sure one of them will pop by tonight or tomorrow.

ETA- And if you do attend, Thank You in advance for being there for Teghan, and for giving us any insights you can :)

>> Very respectfully snipped by borndem <<

Beautifully and passionately said, Flutterby. Thank you, and I agree with all of it. One of the tweets said the g-mother heard a whimper -- a whimper -- when she knocked on the side of the shed & JR told Teghan not to go to the g-d-door & g-ma said she heard a whimper. And g-ma turned around and walked back to the house.

I have no more words that I can say about her that are allowed here.And yes, Flutterby, we must believe there is a special place in heaven for these new angels. The most special place of all.

:wagon: MomoJo!

One of our NC regulars can probably help you out with the basics of attending. I am sure one of them will pop by tonight or tomorrow.

ETA- And if you do attend, Thank You in advance for being there for Teghan, and for giving us any insights you can :)

Thanks, Nymeria. I am new to NC, so i wasn't here when this happened. I have just gotten up to speed on all the horrid details this week, and can't stop thinking about Teghan. The more i am reading that there is no one from her family in the courtroom, the more i want to be there. I am nobody special, but i hold her in my heart, like it appears so many of you do (and so many here in NC do). Since I am local, i would like to be there with her love for her in my heart. I'm sure there are many other strangers there carrying that same sentiment, too. Argh. Just so heart-wrenching.

Thanks, again. I will look for some input from the local folks on here.

Thanks, Nymeria. I am new to NC, so i wasn't here when this happened. I have just gotten up to speed on all the horrid details this week, and can't stop thinking about Teghan. The more i am reading that there is no one from her family in the courtroom, the more i want to be there. I am nobody special, but i hold her in my heart, like it appears so many of you do (and so many here in NC do). Since I am local, i would like to be there with her love for her in my heart. I'm sure there are many other strangers there carrying that same sentiment, too. Argh. Just so heart-wrenching.

Thanks, again. I will look for some input from the local folks on here.

She's one of the children you will never forget. It's so heartbreaking to me that ****this child**** never knew love. It's tragic to think so many people would have loved to love her, and protect her. If they only had a clue. She had NO ONE. :( and the last face she saw was that monsters.

Crying again ... Geeesh.

I'm listening right now to the radio show. Usually I'm more talkative here, but this case has left me so angry, so upset, speechless. Why or why didn't that grandma call the cops? And where are the paternal grandparents?

And also, where was paw paw? What did he know? Does he still live there? Why haven't we heard anything about grandpa? He owns that property too. The shed is outside his house.

Gracielee....did i read correctly ... Were you present for opening statements? If so, what was the process for entry into the courtroom? Are they in the courtroom on the 3rd floor?

Can you send me a direct link?

Never mind... Found it:)

[URL="https://twitter.com/heathiebird03"]heather hefner &#8207;@heathiebird03 3m [/URL]It kills me that there's NOT ONE PERSON in court supporting #TeghanSkiba Wasn't there anyone that loved that child? #JonathanRichardsose

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I haven't seen any more tweets -- I'm still here!

This absolutely knocks me out. I haven't cried during this whole trial but this, this is killing me. Stomach pain, tears streaming, physically hurting for this little lost and forgotten girl.

Once again, thanks to those of you that continue to have the strength to follow through with this trial. WE are there with you Teghan, everyday, your WS friends.

Is it wrong to want to hurt him? I mean physically I want to hurt him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jboo1119