GUILTY NC - Teghan Skiba, 4, Smithfield, 19 July 2010 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome Katlulu.
Great first post.
Hope you will join us here next week for closing arguments and Verdict Watch!

I most definately will! I might even see if I can get to the courthouse.[/I]

Well, I have been following the case for years, months, weeks, days and will never forget it.... Appreciation to all who have been posting-this is my 1st. Let's pray for some peace for the family and all who are affected by Teghan's experience.

This is not my first, you couldn't have chosen a more disturbing and heartbreaking case for your first time if ya tried!

This is one of those cases and children that you will carry with you forever...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully not speaking too soon but I was reading about conditions for death row inmates in NC. Thought I'd share the link in case others were curious: https://www.ncdps.gov/index2.cfm?a=000003,002240,002327

Hummmmm....very educational. I didn't realize death row inmates got to socialize with other death row inmates. I thought they were confined to their own cell for 23 hours/day. Oh well, guess they need to be treated nice.

Hopefully not speaking too soon but I was reading about conditions for death row inmates in NC. Thought I'd share the link in case others were curious: https://www.ncdps.gov/index2.cfm?a=000003,002240,002327

This maggot would have a better life and living conditions on death row than he did before :banghead: We need serious change. At some point, people that do these heinous crimes need to be PUNISHED! Not hang out in the "dayroom" all day. This makes me want to vomit.

I found a video dedicated to Teghan on YouTube from 2010. Don't know if you've seen it yet. The account holder is active in making known similar tragedies that befall other children around the world.

The Teghan Skiba Story - YouTube

Peace to Teghan

Thanks, amberjul. It was sweet, and it made me cry more than I have so far in this whole horror story.

Well, maybe, maybe that will help. What a sweet tribute to a child whom very few people knew. Maybe it will start someone thinking who can DO something -- someone who has connections, or the ear of someone, to get some laws changed, etc.

Please Note: There was one news story pic displayed on youtube at the end of Teghan's story that was notable, IMO. Some folks here might already be familiar with it -- It is the story of Brianna Lopez, who lived & died in New Mexico, for less than 6 months. Her slayers were sentenced to the max for what was called in NM, "Intentional Child Abuse Resulting in Death." At the time of the sentencing of the THREE (yes, 3) people who hurt & tortured her until she died, the maximum penalty was 18 yrs in prison, which they received.

Then, state Senator Mary Jane Garcia worked for 3 years to get the law changed to "mandatory life," so that's the penalty now.

The article also mentioned that a few relatives knew that this horrible abuse was going on, but did nothing. It sounded like people were working on changing the penalty for that offense, too, but nothing had officially changed when the news story about Brianna aired. IINM.

I hope any New Mexico folks reading this will correct my mistakes if they see them -- please.

The youtube article link is below.

Warning: There are a few graphic autopsy photos of the little girl, but I recommend listening to it -- you will hear about a few injuries to her that were also perpetrated on our Teghan. But stick with it -- it has an encouraging ending -- at least for the good folks in New Mexico.

The reason I recommend it is that it does show that things can happen to make changes in laws or penalties for convictions of those laws.

Please watch, as you can, but do LISTEN!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PztTA5EVGQU

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 7m

#JonathanRichardson just told judge he understands his rights and it's his decision *NOT* to testify in his own defense.

Heather Moore ‏@HeatherMooreNow 12m

Judge now questioning #JonathanRichardson about his decision not to take the stand in his defense.

effing coward

Just wanted to say thank you to those who post updates and such.

Don't have much to say other than I can't think of anything to say..feeling :furious:

Thank you for the link. :seeya:

IMHO - That cell is waaay too good for him. I'd prefer it if there were hoards of rats, roaches, bed bugs and other vermin to gnaw on him all hours of the day. No TV time, shower once a month and no human contact at all.

Well, I have been following the case for years, months, weeks, days and will never forget it.... Appreciation to all who have been posting-this is my 1st. Let's pray for some peace for the family and all who are affected by Teghan's experience.

:welcome: Katlulu!

Thanks, amberjul. It was sweet, and it made me cry more than I have so far in this whole horror story.

Well, maybe, maybe that will help. What a sweet tribute to a child whom very few people knew. Maybe it will start someone thinking who can DO something -- someone who has connections, or the ear of someone, to get some laws changed, etc.

Please Note: There was one news story pic displayed on youtube at the end of Teghan's story that was notable, IMO. Some folks here might already be familiar with it -- It is the story of Brianna Lopez, who lived & died in New Mexico, for less than 6 months. Her slayers were sentenced to the max for what was called in NM, "Intentional Child Abuse Resulting in Death." At the time of the sentencing of the THREE (yes, 3) people who hurt & tortured her until she died, the maximum penalty was 18 yrs in prison, which they received.

Then, state Senator Mary Jane Garcia worked for 3 years to get the law changed to "mandatory life," so that's the penalty now.

The article also mentioned that a few relatives knew that this horrible abuse was going on, but did nothing. It sounded like people were working on changing the penalty for that offense, too, but nothing had officially changed when the news story about Brianna aired. IINM.

I hope any New Mexico folks reading this will correct my mistakes if they see them -- please.

Warning: There are a few graphic autopsy photos of the little girl, but I recommend listening to it -- you will hear about a few injuries to her that were also perpetrated on our Teghan. But stick with it -- it has an encouraging ending -- at least for the good folks in New Mexico.

The reason I recommend it is that it does show that things can happen to make changes in laws or penalties for convictions of those laws.

Thank you Borndem,
Baby Brianna's abuse and death happened right here, ten miles from where I live, in Las Cruces, NM in 2002. Perhaps she is the reason I am so sensitive to Teghan's torture and death. We continue to keep Brianna's memory alive.

I most definately will! I might even see if I can get to the courthouse.[/i]

:seeya:Welcome :seeya:

to

Websleuths

:drumroll: Katlulu!! :drumroll:

It's great to have you with us!

Let us hear from you often!

WHY THE ?$&@ DO YOU RAPE A 6 MONTH OLD INFANT??? WHY WOULD YOU BITE YOUR OWN $&@?%#+ CHILD???

I don't remember if was this thread or the thread of that NJ girl that was left in a river in her car seat but I talked a lot about mental illness and human evil because I'm a social worker and have seen a lot of horrible things but in my professional opinion the New Mexico parents were not mentally ill, that is 3 people who did not know what a beautiful gift was given to them with that little girl!! I probably can't carry a baby to term I have been told and there are millions more women like me.. AND YOU'RE GOING TO DO THIS TO YOU'RE LITTLE BEAUTIFUL BABY GIRL?!?! I could not watch the whole video but I hope with all my being they spend the rest of their lives in prison!!

Outrage done.

IMHO - That cell is waaay too good for him. I'd prefer it if there were hoards of rats, roaches, bed bugs and other vermin to gnaw on him all hours of the day. No TV time, shower once a month and no human contact at all.

Shower? You'd allow him a shower? Oh you softy, you!

Yes that!^^^^

And you forgot lice & crabs:)

Here's a very recent (short) tour of Central Prison's Death Row -- it's rare since they don't like to show much of the interior of any NC prison for the sake of security. You can be sure the prisons are clean -- for obvious reasons (captive cleaning crew, y'know!). Interesting & yes, wa-a-a-a-ay to good for that piece of pathetic lying protoplasm. But I hope he does have visitors, Rhozwen, the kind that will give him nightmares that are a real pain. Grrrrr.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/abc11_investigates&id=9443918

We aren't quite there yet but I'm predicting jury out for a day or less with finding of guilty

Yes, but if she had brain matter seeping from her head wouldn't that have necessitated skull fractures? When my kids were little, on occasion each of them had taken bad falls. You know those ones, especially when they are learning to walk, where you see 'em tripping or falling near something *bad*, like the edge of a table or near cement outside, etc., resulting in a large *goose egg* as they used to call 'em. Never had so much as a concussion, let alone anything *leaking*. IMO, Teghan's *head injuries* didn't come from frustrated shaking. He beat that child within an inch of her life. :moo:

Just thought I'd describe what was probably leaking.....cerebral spinal fluid and where it was visible....leaking from her ears. It is a classic ER/ED condition that sends up "BRAIN INJURY" signals to all who see it & means that the patient is critical! CSF is the amazing fluid that cushions both the brain & spinal column, severe shaking & hitting can cause a condition called coup-contrecoup injury without skull fractures. Also remember that the inside of the skull is NOT completely smooth so the softish brain (it's rather like an overcooked pudding in consistency) can have deeper impact at the skull. These 2 videos are rather easy to "see" in condition as the brain hits the enclosed skull once and then smashes against the otherside of the skull. BTW; this "traveling brain" does NOT hit just once but multiple times within each shake.
Coup and Contracoup Injury (TBI) - YouTube
Coup-Contrecoup Injury - YouTube

Here's another site describing the injury: http://surgery.about.com/od/glossaryofsurgicalterms/g/CoupContrecoupBrainInjury.htm

Thanks so much for all the sharing, these cases need to see the sunshine of day.....something that the most precious gifts we have, children, never experience again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!