GUILTY NC - Teghan Skiba, 4, Smithfield, 19 July 2010 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Lost it on channel 11, got it on channel 5, WRAL. Stay on WRAL even if 11 comes back, because 11 has an early local news at 4:00, so they'll be switching over to that in just 5 minutes anyway and you'll lose it again.

http://www.wral.com/news/video/13536133/

It's back. I really like this Judge!

IMO yes, some people are just mean. Most, thankfully, not THIS mean.

I hope when the feed comes up tonight they leave that video portion of Teghan in. People need to hear/see/understand what happened to this poor little girl. Yes, it's hard to hear, but people need to understand the terror that child endured. So much publicity for Caylee Anthony, and rightly so, but not a peep about little Teghan Skiba, who suffered so much in silence. :(

It took him 10 days to kill her -- that is not "sudden" nor "explosive."

Does anyone know who the foreperson is? Male/female? Just curious as to who is leading this jury. We don't even know ages, professions, education, etc., of jury members. In other states usually those things are reported in general terms.

I hope when the feed comes up tonight they leave that video portion of Teghan in. People need to hear/see/understand what happened to this poor little girl. Yes, it's hard to hear, but people need to understand the terror that child endured. So much publicity for Caylee Anthony, and rightly so, but not a peep about little Teghan Skiba, who suffered so much in silence. :(

Where is that video located?
The last section of the states close?

Is it messed up that I just had a little flash of wanting him to get LWOP?
Just because I do not think he would last as long as he will if he gets the DP....

:sigh: quite the conundrum.

Well crap, if the jury has to go through each and every one of these mitigating factors, that's gonna take 'em awhile. :(

I just noticed there are three lawyers sitting at the State's table. Did they even need one to prove what JR did?

I liked the difference in personality of each of the three. I especially liked the female's (name?) arguments given to the jury -- a different & more personal (IMO) side. The 1st chair could have done it all -- he was grrreat, but i think that having different ones made it easier to pay attention.

This judge looks like he could handle taking care of JR all by himself IMO.

I liked the difference in personality of each of the three. I especially liked the female's (name?) arguments given to the jury -- a different & more personal (IMO) side. The 1st chair could have done it all -- he was grrreat, but i think that having different ones made it easier to pay attention.

They did have different styles and I liked the two that didn't make me jump with his demonstrations but I thought the tougher the case to prove the more attorneys you throw at it. I think I could have argued for guilt and all I'd have to do is let the medical doctors describe the injuries to be successful. And that video was a gem for the State. I noted the video doesn't end because he allowed the child to stop. How long did he force her to stand facing the wall and crying thru her words?

Does anyone know who the foreperson is? Male/female? Just curious as to who is leading this jury. We don't even know ages, professions, education, etc., of jury members. In other states usually those things are reported in general terms.

I don't want to get hopes up but possibly someone who knows someone that was on the jury might pop in when this is all over and done with with some observations.
Obviously they can not until jury is released though.
We shall see.

PS- IMO whoever served on this one might need a week or two to get "right" again. Just observing it from afar as we have has been traumatic. Can not even begin to think about how those people must be processing all this :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scomo
Back