NC - Tyler McMillan, 13, dies while tied to tree, Macclesfield, 12 June 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
missing chunks of flesh from his buttocks and cuts all over his body? That is one hell of a whipping...was he tied to the tree naked I wonder?

I wish so much that these evil vile deeds done to Children, the elderly, the disabled and animals were in fact done back to those who inflect such hideous acts!!!

Tie those two pathetic to that same tree but gag them so they could not talk to comfort each other. What a (ugg) dad to do this on Father's Day!!!

I keep reading "what's wrong with people now/these days" ect... Sadly this has been going on forever we just didn't have the internet.

About 30 years ago I checked out a book from the library called something like "Women Who Kill". There was a part in it about women who got away quite easily with murder because they were not thought to be capable of doing such vile deeds.
Many in that book had killed a bunch of their own Children & a few husbands back in the days when women had many Children. Some had not only killed their own Children & husbands but other family members & neighbors as well.

My precious Baby is 31 now. I am so very proud of who he is and the 3 Grandchildren he has given me. There is no doubt that his Children come first. Still, I remember when he was 13 & all the fun we had & I miss those days so very much.

Dang, I need to go take a walk & do some praying for all the precious Children being abused as I type this. This story & that of the toddler being stomped to death have me a little overwhelmed.

Sly

It sounds like poor Tyler got those injuries from struggling against his bindings to the tree..
They should give the "parents" the death penalty. At least Tyler is in heaven now, with his mother.

:furious: If I had the power my punishment for those two would involve two posts (they don't deserve a shady tree), rope, a barrel of honey and a million ants.

I feel like that too, Kiki. :(

911 call released:
http://ktla.trb.com/news/ktla-tied-to-tree,0,326249.story
"Our little boy stopped breathing," a woman tells the dispatcher during a 911 call released Tuesday. Later she pleads, "Please hurry. Please hurry."

The dispatcher repeatedly asks the woman and later a man what the child was doing before he stopped breathing. Neither responded.

The man said the boy did not have any medical problems.

Toward the end of the call, neither responded to repeated questions from the dispatcher as they apparently performed CPR on the teen.

:mad:

That is very heartbreaking :(They both avoided that question big time though.Shows guilt for them both imo.

The video they show of the dad and step mom in court....step mom had her head hanging down showed no emotion,Dad was crying and his face and eyes all puffy from crying so much.Just made me wonder if dads defense is going to be he was at work and step mom was suppose to untie him? Or vice versa.Don't know why that popped into my head when I saw them in court.

Just hope justice gets served.

http://www.rockymounttelegram.com/local/content/news/stories/2008/07/01/mcmillans.html
Couple will appear in court Wednesday
By Carolyn Casey
Rocky Mount Telegram

Tuesday, July 01, 2008
The Macclesfield couple charged with killing their 13-year-old son will appear in court Wednesday morning.
A probable cause hearing is scheduled for Brice McMillan and Sandra McMillan, who face first-degree murder and felony child abuse charges in the death of Tyler McMillan. The teen died June 12 while tied to a tree in the family's yard.
During their last court appearance, the couple retained separate attorneys.
Greenville attorney Keith Williams represented Sandra McMillan, 36, at the time, noting it could be a limited appearance. According to the court administrator, Tom Sallenger of Wilson is now representing her.
Brice McMillan's attorney Allen Powell could not be reached for comment. The Edgecombe County District Attorney's Office said it is not commenting on the case.
Edgecombe County Sheriff James L. Knight said in his years in law enforcement he's never seen a child abuse case with the type of punishment used on Tyler McMillan. (more at link)

Thanks for the update Taximom!

I hope these two fry! How does someone have "missing flesh from their buttocks" and cuts all over their body?

They didn't just tie this boy up, they beat him half to death. He probably died from blood loss and not heat stroke.

This is so sad. And Dad has the audacity to cry in court..... well, I have no sympathy for him!

Salem

A North Carolina woman whose 13-year-old stepson died after being tied to a tree for two nights pleaded not guilty Wednesday to murder and child abuse charges.

An Edgecombe County Superior Court judge set a $200,000 bail for Sandra McMillan, whose husband faces the same charges in his son's death last June. If she posts bail, the woman must live with her cousin in Cary, wear a monitoring device at her own expense and travel only to her attorney's office in Wilson.

She also would be barred from seeing her 8-year-old daughter, who is living with family in Florida, and allowed to speak with her only through monitored phone calls.

Her lawyer, Thomas Sallenger, said his client isn't a flight risk and should be released.

"She'll be here for anything the court needs. We need her out of jail so she can help prepare for her trial defense," he said during the court hearing.

Her trial is scheduled for July 6.

McMillan and her husband, Brice, are accused of tying up Tyler McMillan overnight for being disobedient on June 10. Tyler also was tied up the next night, and Sandra McMillan found him unresponsive the following afternoon.

An autopsy report said he likely died from dehydration, heat stroke or both. His body temperature was 105.6 degrees when he arrived at the hospital.

The teen had several insect bites on his arms and legs, and bruises on his legs and buttocks that may have been caused by a rod-like instrument, according to the report. He also had marks on his wrists and legs consistent with plastic ties.

McMillan and her husband were indicted last month. Brice McMillan waived arraignment and didn't appear at Wednesday's hearing. He has pleaded not guilty to the same charges, and his trial date wasn't immediately available.

At Wednesday's hearing, Sallenger said the couple met in 2006 through eHarmony, an online match-making service. He said both had lost spouces; Sandra McMillon's husband was killed in a car accident six years after they were married, and Brice's wife died of cancer. Both had children and worked in the construction industry. She moved to North Carolina to be with Brice in 2007.

In other developments, Judge Milton Fitch also barred Sandra McMillan from contacting her husband's son, Ryan, who lives in North Carolina, and from visiting her and her husband's home in Macclesfield, where Tyler died.

Prosecutors declined comment. Sallenger also declined to comment after the hearing, saying he was under a gag order.

Hmmmm, interesting. He pled to second-degree murder, she is getting murder! Guess he changed his story. These stories coming out about women are really starting to worry me. :confused:

from above link Savmom provided:
"The father of a 13-year-old boy who died after being tied to a tree pleaded guilty Monday to second-degree murder.

During a pre-trial hearing, Brice McMillan, 42, entered an Alford plea in exchange for testifying against his wife, Sandra McMillan, who is charged with murder and felony child abuse."

He won't be sentenced until after her trial is over!

This was such a senseless death! I hope they both receive the maximum sentence allowed by law!

That poor lil boy.......

Tyler was an eleven year-old boy who was tied to a tree as punishment and died from dehydration.

His father has already taken an Alford plea and his stepmother is set to go to trial on July 6th. Many familiar with the case believe that justice is not being done in this case and have set up a petition to be delivered to the judge in the case.

If you have forgotten the details in the case, you can read my post and the comments about the case here:

The link to the petition is here

Thank you to all who read this and respond to the petition.:clap:

Tyler's stepmother has been allowed to enter an Alford plea and has been sentenced to 13-16 years for second degree murder in the death of the eleven year-old.

This was a very sad case of horrible abuse and the perpetrators were allowed to plead to lesser charges and avoid going to trial. It is a shame that these abusers were given relatively light sentences for such a heinous crime.

Thank you to all who signed the petition which called for the stepmother to be prosecuted rather than be allowed to plead out. At least the judge and DA will know that the public is not pleased with the handling of this case. Hopefully these elected officials will be voted out of office because of their actions or inactions regarding Tyler's death.

JMHO

Brice Brian McMillan

Alford Plea
Sentence Date: 06/29/2009

Offense: 2nd Degree Murder
Sentence: 10 years 5 months - 13 years 3 months

Projected Release Date: 11/06/2018

Sandra Elizabeth McMillan

Alford Plea
Sentence Date: 06/29/2009

Offense: 2nd Degree Murder
Sentence: 13 years 1 month - 16 years 6 months

Projected Release Date: 04/17/2024

You know, these piddly sentences they hand out to people who have murdered children is disgraceful. They should be mandatorily sentenced to the number of years which they robbed that child. Current average life expectancy is 78 years. This child was 13. Sentence should be 65 years.

Why would the step-mother get a longer sentence than the father? IMO the father had more of a responsibility to see his son was protected!

Not enough for either one of them but at least for the next few years they won't be tying other children up until they die.

VB

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back