NC vs. Raven Abaroa ~ the Trial 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The emails are flirty, yes, but have a feeling the defense cherry-picked what they thought would make Janet look the worst. To me they show she was starting to move on, and possibly looking to leave Raven.

I noticed in cross that he left out information that stated emphatically she was happy they were "friends". It seems like a lot of these were taken out of context.

NCEast, I agree with you. I wanted to check ppls thoughts on here and there was no WS to get to. Kept getting 'database error'. The IT guy was rather rude. He tried to treat PT like they were asking idiotic questions (and then would come around to 'oh, you mean my report?' and I'm like almost yelling at the screen 'Yes, you dumbunny the report, you know the reason you're on the stand at a trial to begin with?!?').

I would assume that the PD did everything they could to rule out 'old flames' as suspects right up front. So if there was any validity to Hall hurting her and not having an alibi to cover for that date/time we would already know about it. (Tho the defense is right, it would have changed their strategy since they would have drug her through the mud trying to paint an unhappy woman who was having a torrid affair or somesuch).

OK, WS is finally back up and I don't have anybody on here to talk to :( Come out, come out where ever you are!!!
I wanted to slap the ***** out of that deplorable, snarky, unmannered, upstart of an IT guy. I think the ADA handled him very well, she was getting impatient with his attitude. I don't know enough about the technical aspects of a computer and perhaps she was asking dumb questions but his attitude bothered the heck out of me. I was wanting Judge Hudson to say something to him--his parent sure didn't when he was younger. Otherwise, I missed the morning session of the trial due to a migraine. This type of weather automatically puts a migraine in my head without fail but lord have mercy, I'm not complaining, we didn't get any tornadoes and for that I'm very thankful.
I guess WS crashed due to the Arias trial? Who knows, anyhow I'm glad it's back up. Boy was I miserable all afternoon not having you guys on here to talk to.

Actually the questions made sense to me and I'm not technically savvy and he was being snarky, go figure, he was obviously prepped by Ms. Dexter and picked up her snarkiness. :floorlaugh:

The points that Ms. Coggins-Franks were getting across were quite valid knowing how technical savvy Raven was. It wasn't Janet that worked at HP, it wasn't Janet that had all the gadgets, it was Raven.

I have speculated, along with many others that we wouldn't have put it past Raven to be the one that was breaking into cars in the area to start setting up a break-in theory. He's a planner, Mr. Franklin Covey himself. I am surprised there wasn't a "suicide note" written by Raven too. I'm sure he went through every single theory.

Janet's email address was jma_rsa@---- He knew all her passwords. Even if she didn't volunteer them, back in 2005 there were many tracking programs.

NCEast, I agree with you. I wanted to check ppls thoughts on here and there was no WS to get to. Kept getting 'database error'. The IT guy was rather rude. He tried to treat PT like they were asking idiotic questions (and then would come around to 'oh, you mean my report?' and I'm like almost yelling at the screen 'Yes, you dumbunny the report, you know the reason you're on the stand at a trial to begin with?!?').

I would assume that the PD did everything they could to rule out 'old flames' as suspects right up front. So if there was any validity to Hall hurting her and not having an alibi to cover for that date/time we would already know about it. (Tho the defense is right, it would have changed their strategy since they would have drug her through the mud trying to paint an unhappy woman who was having a torrid affair or somesuch).

What I truly find odd is that this Martin Marrietta hard drive was found locked in an evidence locker but wasn't the contents checked at the beginning or wasn't the records subpoenaed in 2005, so didn't Tyndall have these all along? If not, why did in opening and consistently throughout this trial did he bring up Scott Hall and Jeff Bickert? Because he already had this information, IMO. If the contents of the hard drive weren't there, only one person would have KNOWN about the emails and who would that person have been? (not me ;-) It would have to have been the one and only Raven Abaroa, or self-proclaimed PNess, which would put more into the MOTIVE category. I wonder if Raven was reading all her emails, even the work ones all along?

Scott and Jeff went to SVU to see Janet's soccer game, while Raven was there. This was testified to during the trial. There was a friendship there as well as the fact that Jeff B dated Janet's sister and is now married to her and Jeff and Janet were bf in high school and Scott and Jeff are best friends. There was no affair going on with either of these guys and they have obviously been cleared. There's pictures posted here that both Scott and Jeff were at Janet's Candlelight Vigil on the one year anniversary of her murder. Where was Raven? Oh yeah, he had just had a baby with an underaged girl, and on the One Year Anniversary of her murder he was sitting in his attorney's office in Salt Lake City, Utah signing Bankruptcy documents, instead of standing at a vigil in Durham, NC!

Scott Hall lived in VA and if he was in NC at the time of the murder, where was the outcry from Raven for the last 8 years? There was none, because he wasn't. I'm not even that bright and I know that base had been covered by LE. Scott, Jeff, the tree men, the soccer players, the Chicago Mafia didn't kill Janet, there were no men in brown vans, no massage parlor chinese syndicates after her.

Is the DT or Raven supporters that naieve to think that Law Enforcement, Janet's friends, Janet's family or us interwebz people would not want the real killer behind bars. Oh yeah, let's just ignore the fact it was Joe Smoe and pin it on poor Raven, because he was an embezzler or a con man or an adulterer. Everyone, me included wants the real killer to pay for the murder of Janet Marie and her unborn child and the only person that had the means the motive and the opportunity and the knife in his hand, IMO is Raven.

This is just mere red herrings to muddy the water. The flirty nature of the emails were not discussing sex acts. Heck I am known for my great massages.....very jokingly because I don't give them. :rockon:

OMG, Trix. I had forgotten all about the PNess! I was looking back in the forum for the photo of him in that shirt and couldn't find it. Would make a good impression on the jury, don't you think?

Who the he|| brings CHILDREN in to a court room during a murder trial? Especially while graphic MURDER SCENE photos are being shown? Seriously!! That's completely disgusting! What kind of parents do something like that? This makes me sick!

Okay going over the cross-exam by Charlene Coggins-Franks again and I am impressed.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/video/12471032/#/vid12471032

Listening to it again, how can he not have any of the emails between Raven & Janet from her Martin Marietta.com address?

He said there were none, how can there be NO emails between Janet & Raven when there were that many hits? How closely did this dude look? He grabbed whatever he wanted to make Janet look bad, but didn't show the entire conversation so it looked worse than it really was. Nice way of cutting out critical information that puts things in context, but does he really understand what context means. He should be ashamed. :sick:

OMG, Trix. I had forgotten all about the PNess! I was looking back in the forum for the photo of him in that shirt and couldn't find it. Would make a good impression on the jury, don't you think?

I too would love to see that PNess pic. Took a minute to recall the brown van bit, but I googled and sure enough, another Geragross red herring, from a decade ago!

Not surprisingly, the "such-a-nice-boy" argument will not be Peterson's only defense. Geragos told PEOPLE that he is working on a number of leads, including one involving strangers in a brown van parked in the couple's neighborhood who, he argues, may have abducted Laci.

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20140192,00.html

I know how you all felt. I had a post written right when it crashed, and when I tried to post it, I got a message, but it came right back to my post. So I kept just adding on, and on, and on, and each time I hit submit, I got the message, but my loooooooooooooong post was still there.
I must have had a least a two pager - I needed someone to TALK to!! Just not the same without you guys.
Finally lost the long post, so you guys will get an earful tomorrow. lol

Borndem - LOL on the chopped pony tail. My mind is doing a little crossover to the Arias trial. Today she says to give her life rather than the DP because she promises to continue to donate her hair to Locks of Love if she gets to live. haha

Good to see everyone back. See you all in the AM.

I'm not remembering anything about the PNess. Can somebody elaborate please? And good morning all!!

Good morning one and all.......I looked for that picture of Raven in his Pness jersey for an hour last night. I don't think I saved it anywhere. Oh well.

Good morning one and all.......I looked for that picture of Raven in his Pness jersey for an hour last night. I don't think I saved it anywhere. Oh well.

Thanks for trying.
The guy on the stand right now is SO much more professional and nice than the guy was yesterday. His demeanor may change when the prosc. begins their cross but I don't think so. He is confident--yesterday's guy was insecure and his defensive and nasty attitude was a reflection of his insecurity and perhaps his lack of experience, even though he was referred to as an expert.

Thanks for trying.
The guy on the stand right now is SO much more professional and nice than the guy was yesterday. His demeanor may change when the prosc. begins their cross but I don't think so. He is confident--yesterday's guy was insecure and his defensive and nasty attitude was a reflection of his insecurity and perhaps his lack of experience, even though he was referred to as an expert.
Good morning NCEast.... :seeya:

I was just thinking that, at the very least, this guy doesn't seem like he'd rather be anywhere but on the stand. It was painful watching yesterday's video. That poor man yesterday looked like he'd rather be getting his teeth drilled than answering questions on the stand. I still don't understand what going through all the time stamps on Donna Jackson's photos was all about.

I think it's funny that when Tyndall starts to ask a question that he almost forgets the witness' name. I know it's a pause to think... but it's still funny to me. I know, I'm a sick puppy, and in all truth, probably still half asleep.

I was just thinking that, at the very least, this guy doesn't seem like he'd rather be anywhere but on the stand. It was painful watching yesterday's video. That poor man yesterday looked like he'd rather be getting his teeth drilled than answering questions on the stand. I still don't understand what going through all the time stamps on Donna Jackson's photos was all about.

It was at that point in yesterday's testimony, the time stamp issues, that I decided to give in to my migraine instead of wasting any more time on what I didn't understand either.

I'm so sorry that you have those headaches. My heart goes out to you.

And another thought about Donna Jackson....nobody better mess with her, her testimony, and her evidence! She's been about the only bright spot in this entire trial with respect to integrity and professionalism. I'll have to put my boxing gloves on if the defense starts messing with her or finding fault with her role in this investigation.

I'm so sorry that you have those headaches. My heart goes out to you.

Thank you so much. Each time the weather changes from sun to cloudy or rain, cold to hot, hot to anything, barometer changes off of 29 degrees of pressure and I'm down for the day, or 3. Head on collision several years ago, I honestly try not to complain but some days I just can't help it. I used to pray for the man who it me, as time goes on I now curse his name.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
disturbedprincess6
Back