NC vs. Raven Abaroa ~ the Trial 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am all creeped out now. Either he is even more of a pyschopath, or he is even more of an idiot. :facepalm:

Yes, my little coffee-bean, he is creepy. And you got both sides right -- I don't think he is very smart, as we've (d'oh) seen, and he is legally sane but nutz.

Another cruel narcissist with that singing complex: me-me-me. He's lazy, and with the right mousey woman, the marriage might have worked. She would have had to have blinders on, to totally believe everything he said, no wondering where he is tonight; she would have needed to have a high-paying job and would have needed to put up with his employment failures ("They're picking on Raven again, it's not fair."), and so forth.

Janet, may she now be at peace, was not that woman. She had spunk and dignity, a competitive spirit, and those qualities would not allow her to just roll over and play the subservient slave -- understanding and supportive Mormon wife, yes, but not doormat. And he killed her because she tried to still be the woman he married. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. 'Scuse the carryin' on....

BBM

Yes, you surely do.

I guess they went to lunch? I'm making some rugelach dough and missed the last 20 minutes of jury looking over the evidence. Haven't made these cookies in ages but hub likes nutty things (myself being a prime example. lol)

bbm and salivating by me! Yum, geevee!! Tastee!

Court reporter asked to hold on one minute while she rebooted her computer.... Judge says.... "No, I don't want to." LOL! I like him.

Me, too, L L & S -- He has been essentially no-nonsense so far in this trial, but he was never tense, uptight, short, sarcastic, impatient, rushed or dilatory. It was kinda cute to see him lighten up and kid around with the court reporter -- I'm sure they "know" each other from being together in other trials, etc. He was good-spirited and cute, and he gave everyone a refreshing breath of cool air and levity!
icon7.gif

So 1st. degree is the only charge, no lessers included?

Hmmm, glee, good question. I know that in two 1st Degree Murder cases in Wake County, NC, one of them presided by (our) Judge Stephens, a 2nd Degree Murder was added by each judge -- mainly a move to not get reversed because it was not there. And I often wonder what might have happened in the CA trial if 2nd Murder had been added as a lesser included charge (IIRC, it wasn't on the charge -- and I know zero about FL superior court law).... We'll never know...

But tagging that on in NC 1st Murder cases is fairly pro forma now it seems to me.

Hmmmm, I guess we'll see pretty soon, won't we?
icon12.gif

Well, we are mostly all guilty to some degree. However, had the mother not been an overwhelming negative influence on Raven, and perhaps even a conspirator in his unlawful dealings, we would not have had anything much to say about her. Other than she was dressed inappropriately for a court of law. Our discussion of her cleavage may have been out of line......
We didn't say anything derogatory about Janet's family because they didn't act in any way to produce any negative thoughts, ideas, or writings.
True that, but I guess I could have been a little more tactful in my ripping on Karyn's personal appearance. Trust me, my 'fun bags' are nothing to brag about.... lol.... and I will say that she looked nice today.

ETA.... I can take a good spanking once in a while when I deserve it. Seattlechiquita has a point.

Ha.... Tyndall doesn't like the idea that the evidence presented makes Raven look bad. LMAO.... I'm sorry but I find that so funny.

Well dayam, L L & S. All I can say is, "D'oh!"

It's all good friends. I am just sensitive about sh!!!t like that. Besides, my cleavage is way better than hers. HA! :p
OMG, you are such a witch.... JUST KIDDING. *Looking down at mine.... if I could afford it I'd buy me some pretty ones, it's just never gonna happen. Color me jealous.*

OMG, you are such a witch.... JUST KIDDING. *Looking down at mine.... if I could afford it I'd buy me some pretty ones, it's just never gonna happen. Color me jealous.*

ucm259526.jpg

:Welcome1:

to

:websleuther:WEBSLEUTHS:websleuther:

:cheer:Hadassah !!!:cheer:

:party:

We're glad you're here!!

I've been getting to know you all through the Jason Young trial and now FINALLY after 8years, Ravens. I rarely post but I read most everyone and watch the testimony. I yell at the pros. Alot as I feel there was so much more they could have asked the witnesses. Obvious stuff like to ms. Foxley. So now that you've heard much of the testimony would you agree the defendant was not truly living as a devout Mormon? Etc. etc. they should have raked KarEn over the coals too. They only kept Derek on the stand for 15 min. So many missed opportunities. Well it's closing Arguments tomorrow. Te last chance to pull it all together. I sure hope Janet is given the honor she deserves.

H:rockon:

The DT asked almost every personal witness for the prosecution and LE about WS but failed to ask raven's friend, brother, father, mother.....hmmmm, I'm guessing he already knew the answer!

I am amazed that Amos Tyndall is still throwing out questions about WS. To me it seems that he is throwing it out there as a Red Herring, to confuse the jury, because Mr. Tyndall's client, Raven, isn't really giving his DT much to work with in terms of proving his innocence.

Or just that his client, Raven, is completely obsessed with WS himself, b/c Raven didn't count on there being a well-moderated crime following/fact sharing/idea sharing/crime solving site when he planned out Janet's murder. A website that would pick up on him, and begin discussing all the disparities in his stories and behavior. I've been on this site for years, and most of what I've read on Mr. Abaroa has been factually based. It's frightening, but factual.

The scary thing to me is Raven Abaroa's obsession with the posters at Web Sleuths, his threat to kill at least one of the posters, and the fact that he even stated (in the creepy video chat with himself, shown at this trial) that once he got the life insurance money from Janet's death, he would spend most of it trying to take WS down. That was funny, because really Raven? You would spend several hundred thousand dollars to lose a first amendment battle?? Truthfully though, it was sad. All Raven can think about is the people who are posting true things about his life, his character, his behavior and his choices.

Not once has Raven said, wow - I want to use that insurance money to find who killed Janet. Because whoever did kill her has made my life a living hell. And he hasn't said that because no one else killed Janet - Raven killed her. He has made his own life a living hell.

:drumroll: :drumroll: Ha ha ha you ladies are the best!

The DT asked almost every personal witness for the prosecution and LE about WS but failed to ask raven's friend, brother, father, mother.....hmmmm, I'm guessing he already knew the answer!

My imagination runs wild imagining things that RA's mom could post on WS! And we've prolly seen it...

Scott and Janet dated in HS. His best friend married Erika, Janet's sister. They were emailing each other back and forth from Janet's work computer. Scott lived in another state and was married at the time. No they were not having an affair, that was Raven's department.

Scott's best friend Jeff was good friends with Janet in High School too, he dated Krista while Scott and Janet dated. Jeff is now married to Krista.

You are so correct, Scott and Janet never had an affair. The only time Scott Hall went to Durham was today, and for the one year anniversary Candlelight Vigil.

Court reporter asked to hold on one minute while she rebooted her computer.... Judge says.... "No, I don't want to." LOL! I like him.

I really like him a lot too. He has such a calm, cool way about him. I am grateful he is the Judge!

Vanessa Pond was Raven's second wife. They were only married for a few months. He was abusive to her and she got the heck out of that situation.

She was not allowed to testify to anything that happened to her from the day of her wedding up until the their divorce. Unfortunately, that's where she had a whole more hell to deal with. I think that's a bunch of bologna.

One of these days, I hope she can come out and go public with the things he did to her on her own wedding day!:stormingmad:

Scott's best friend Jeff was good friends with Janet in High School too, he dated Krista while Scott and Janet dated. Jeff is now married to Krista.

You are so correct, Scott and Janet never had an affair. The only time Scott Hall went to Durham was today, and for the one year anniversary Candlelight Vigil.
Oops! I got that mixed up didn't I? Thanks for correcting my post Trixie!!

She was not allowed to testify to anything that happened to her from the day of her wedding up until the their divorce. Unfortunately, that's where she had a whole more hell to deal with. I think that's a bunch of bologna.

One of these days, I hope she can come out and go public with the things he did to her on her own wedding day!:stormingmad:

Oh, trixator, that just breaks my heart. There she was, like Janet, so charmed by that snake, excited about marrying a "good man" like The Raven, and then, apparently very early on for Vanessa at least, finding out so very early what a beast he could be. (I have no idea what happened, but it doesn't take much imagination to imagine some evil that sprang from that man.)

I feel sure that Janet's first blush with his evil didn't take long either. So I guess the women did what many of us would have done -- just try to throw it off & chalk it up to his having a bad day -- I mean whaddiya do? You're married to him and he loves you, and it's supposed to be for now & all eternity. Whew, that is heavy, heavy, heavy. And scary. "Maybe things will be all right from now on. I'll try to make things better for him," is about all you could say or do.

Domestic abuse/violence is so pernicious and so insidious -- it can just crawl in, silent as a snake, and then it grows and chokes all the love & trust out of a relationship. Oh, those poor sweet women. And Janet is gone, gone. I'm so glad Vanessa had her dad to be with her & help her crawl out of the awful hole of horror & fear. It was prolly all her dad could do to avoid finding and killing The Raven. Grrrrrrrrrrr.

What did that man say to poor Vanessa about Janet?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacobasal
Back