NC vs. Raven Abaroa ~ the Trial 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think that the DT coached her not to attack Janet and she had to try to keep catching herself, she still couldn't help herself.

This woman (I use this term lightly) has obviously been blaming Janet for her own murder and her slayer spawn of a child was the poor victim. She should be ashamed of herself, imo

PRO: And you wrote him letters, lots of times didn’t you?
KAREN: Yes
PRO: Matter of fact you said he was a God, didn’t you?
KAREN: What?
PRO: You said he had the capabilities of being a god. Is that right?
KAREN: I think we all have capabil…capabilities of being a god
PRO: So you wrote him letter to that effect, correct?
KAREN: I think we all do, yes. I think we all have qualities and we can aspire to be better people and be godlike. Yes
PRO: May I approach the witness Your Honor?
Judge Hudson: Yes
PRO: I show you States Exhibit #462. Can you identify that, please?
KAREN: Yes, it’s a short little note that I sent him.
PRO: Do you know when you sent it to him?
Karen: I don’t, I sent him lots of things, I don’t.
PRO: What’s it say?
KAREN: The Letter?
PRO: Yes, mam.
KAREN: SAYS:
“RAVEN, ALWAYS REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE, YOU ARE A VALIANT STRONG SPIRIT OF GOD.
RIGHT NOW YOU HAVE THE CAPABILITIES OF BEING A GOD. YOU ARE JUST STILL LEARNING TO REACH INSIDE AND DRAW ON THE GIFT THAT HEAVENLY FATHER HAS GIVEN YOU. YOU ARE WONDERFUL. MOM, KAREN, MOM”
I SEE YOU AS MY BABY, MY BLONDE HAIR, BLUE EYES LOVELY SON WITH CHIPMUNK CHEEKS.
NOW YOU ARE A MAN, STRONG JAWS, STRONG AND LEAN BODY AND A HANDSOME, HANDSOME MAN.
I LOVE YOU ALWAYS.”

From WRAL's 4pm internet news:

Testimony about his son brings Raven Abaroa to tears

Durham, N.C. — Raven Abaroa was brought to tears Friday as the jury that will decide whether he is guilty of killing his wife saw photos of the couple's 8-year-old son, who is now being raised by Raven Abaroa's mother and stepfather in Utah.

"He is really smart," Abaroa's stepfather, Jim Bolton, said. "He's a good speller. He's participating in all kinds of activities. He's a lead in a school play."

Kaiden Abaroa loves the guitar and competitive biking, Bolton said, and is also active in after-school dancing and art classes.

"He's a fun little boy," Abaroa's mother, Karyn Bolton, testified.

One of the last photos the jury of seven men and five women saw Friday was of Kaiden taken in late January 2010, two or three days before Raven Abaroa, 33, was arrested for Janet Abaroa's April 26, 2005, stabbing death.

He has denied any involvement in her slaying, saying he was playing in a soccer match that night and returned to their Durham home to find Kaiden, 6 months old at the time, unharmed and his 25-year-old wife dead on the floor in an upstairs office.

An autopsy found she stabbed three times, including once to the neck, and that she was in the early stages of pregnancy.

Over the course of the five-week trial, defense attorneys have sought to show that Durham police have no evidence linking their client to the crime and that they focused only on Raven Abaroa as a suspect.

The defense contends that police ignored evidence that could have cleared Raven Abaroa, including unknown DNA in a blood stain on a door, an unknown finger print on a closet door, a bloody shoeprint by Janet Abaroa's body and two dozen reports of suspicious activity in the neighborhood in the weeks prior to the death.

Over the past four days, they've focused on the hard drive of Janet Abaroa's computer that was stored for nearly 8 years in an evidence locker at the Durham Police Department and only discovered last week.

But testimony Friday centered on Raven Abaroa as a father – the defense's effort to rebuild his image after it says prosecutors painted a "dishonest portrait" of their client and his relationship with his wife.

Kaiden Abaroa recently wrote a letter of "10 stuff why I love you" to his father that he gave to his grandmother to give to him.

"He just out of the blue handed it to me and said, 'Would you send it to dad?'" Karen Bolton testified.

Among the reasons listed: "Because me and you are a family and mommy too;" "because I have a great life being your son;" "because you can tell me what mommy was like;" and "because you took care of me and look out for me."

Karyn Bolton was the 17th and final witness for the defense before it rested its case Friday afternoon.

Prosecutors, who plan to offer rebuttal witnesses when court resumes after the Memorial Day holiday, have sought to show that the Abaroas were having financial problems and that Raven Abaroa was an unfaithful, domineering, quick-tempered and verbally abusive husband.

State witnesses testified that Janet Abaroa feared her husband, thought he had bipolar disorder and that over the course of their nearly eight-year relationship, became broken and only a shell of the woman she once was.

But Karen Bolton described Janet Abaroa as "a quiet leader" with a strong personality and dry sense of humor while her son was more outgoing.

"I think she liked that about him," she said. "He more or less introduced her to people and I think she gained more confidence in herself that way."

Karen Bolton testified that she knew about some of the couple's marital and financial problems and also about a brief separation in 2004 – after Raven Abaroa admitted to cheating on his wife.

Janet Abaroa called her, Karen Bolton said, because she didn't know what to do.

"She said, 'I'm just so mad at him, and I'm calling you because I know you'd understand,'" she recalled. "I immediately said, 'Dump him. He's not good enough for you. I think she was shocked."

But when Janet Abaroa found out she was pregnant, they started working on their marriage.

"She felt that they were really communicating, and she understood Raven and where he was coming from and he understood her, and they were really getting it," Karen Bolton testified. "I just remember her telling me, 'I love him, and we love each other and this is an eternal marriage."

"I was really impressed that they were that mature to fix a marriage and their communication, versus bail," she added.

KAREN: I think we all do, yes. I think we all have qualities and we can aspire to be better people and be godlike. Yes
RIGHT NOW YOU HAVE THE CAPABILITIES OF BEING A GOD. YOU ARE JUST STILL LEARNING TO REACH INSIDE AND DRAW ON THE GIFT THAT HEAVENLY FATHER HAS GIVEN YOU. YOU ARE WONDERFUL. MOM, KAREN, MOM”
I SEE YOU AS MY BABY, MY BLONDE HAIR, BLUE EYES LOVELY SON WITH CHIPMUNK CHEEKS.
NOW YOU ARE A MAN, STRONG JAWS, STRONG AND LEAN BODY AND A HANDSOME, HANDSOME MAN.
I LOVE YOU ALWAYS.”

That note turns my stomach. I wonder how many more there may be that never surfaced. She not only enabled him, she was his co-conspirator.

When Charlene asked her if she was surprised when she found out Raven was stealing from his company, she didn't answer the question. IIRC, she said she was angry, but she didn't say whether she was surprised.

That's a bit telling.

I'm sure she was angry he got caught!

Hey go easy on the boobies.... she probably paid a lot for those babies, plus I'm sure she needs to get her monies worth out of all that spray tanning.

:floorlaugh:

That fake bake tan makes her look like she is 60 years old. My daughter saw her and asked if she was an old *advertiser censored* testifying!

So they are losing a juror due to his pre-planned vacation.

Hmmmm..... Let me get this straight -- this vacay was, um, pre-planned? Hmmm.... "Interesting."

images

I LOVE YOU ALWAYS.”

Insest?:gasp:

It makes me happy to hear that Kaiden is doing pretty well. Regardless of who his primary caregiver is right now, I just want that kid to be happy and healthy. He already has so much going against him.

And what did Raven's parents tell Kaiden, who was, thankfully, too young to know how his mother died (but very sadly, also too young to remember her), when he asked about mommy & daddy? He must be 8 y/o by now and capable of understanding a lot of things. The "old" stories (not using this word in an accusing way at all) will no longer fly with an 8 y/o.

I remember that Nancy Cooper's twin sister and her husband, who got permanent custody of Nancy & Brad Cooper's two daughters not long after her murder (IIRC), explained to the young little girls that their father was on a far-away camping trip and did not have a phone, when they wondered why they couldn't talk to their dad. (He, of course is on a LWOP camping trip at Central Prison in Raleigh.) They knew that their mommy was in Heaven. But these little girls are a bit older now -- prolly around Kaiden's age...

That's got to a tuff situation for those who must explain...

PRO: "Did you help him in anyway steal this money?"

Karyn:"You wanna say that again?"

The real Karen comes out lol. I just rewatched it, I think I have a screen shot of that face, it looked like she was ready to go all kung fu on Ms. Coggins-Franks lol.

And what did Raven's parents tell Kaiden, who was, thankfully, too young to know how his mother died (but very sadly, also too young to remember her), when he asked about mommy & daddy? He must be 8 y/o by now and capable of understanding a lot of things. The "old" stories (not using this word in an accusing way at all) will no longer fly with an 8 y/o.

I remember that Nancy Cooper's twin sister and her husband, who got permanent custody of Nancy & Brad Cooper's two daughters not long after her murder (IIRC), explained to the young little girls that their father was on a far-away camping trip and did not have a phone, when they wondered why they couldn't talk to their dad. (He, of course is on a LWOP camping trip at Central Prison in Raleigh.) They knew that their mommy was in Heaven. But these little girls are a bit older now -- prolly around Kaiden's age...

That's got to a tuff situation for those who must explain...

Truthfully, it's hard, but I believe that Raven held Kaiden over Janet's families head for the first five years. Karen also didn't allow Janet's family to see Kaiden. They had to fly in from Virginia to Utah, and only got to see him at McDonalds.

It's obvious from Karen's testimony today that she isn't going to be talking Janet or Janet's family up at all. She blames them for her son's imprisonment and his faults, her Raven is God like with a strong lean body. That's a bit sick.

My fear is that Kaiden will grow up hating Janet's family because that's what Karen is going to teach him.

Kaiden needs counseling. He grew up with several mother figures because Raven went through so many women. I can name about 8 or 9 women he's dated in about 5 years time and all of them were Mommy figures and Raven was married to Vanessa at one point. It truly is sad that the only one, I say this very lightly, "stable" woman in Kaiden's life is Karen. Janet's sister, Sonja, should have gotten custody of Kaiden.

Can you imagine being raised by Karen? She got on the stand and lied about Raven today and lied about Janet and actually did her best to muddy Janet. I have heard different stories about how Kaiden is having a tough time with other children and he's not as well adjusted as they are making him out to be. I pray that Jim is watching out for him. I pray that he is trying to be a GOOD FATHER FIGURE to Kaiden. It's his responsibility to not allow her to do to Kaiden when she did to her other children.

I pray for Kaiden every night. I would like to think Jim would try to watch out for him, but to my understanding, Jim wasn't able to do the best job protecting his own children. The whole situation is so sad, and to think of this horrible woman, Karyn, and all the harm she has caused, raising yet another child. Because of course she did so well with her first four.

Truthfully, it's hard, but I believe that Raven held Kaiden over Janet's families head for the first five years. Karen also didn't allow Janet's family to see Kaiden. They had to fly in from Virginia to Utah, and only got to see him at McDonalds.

It's obvious from Karen's testimony today that she isn't going to be talking Janet or Janet's family up at all. She blames them for her son's imprisonment and his faults, her Raven is God like with a strong lean body. That's a bit sick.

My fear is that Kaiden will grow up hating Janet's family because that's what Karen is going to teach him.

Kaiden needs counseling. He grew up with several mother figures because Raven went through so many women. I can name about 8 or 9 women he's dated in about 5 years time and all of them were Mommy figures and Raven was married to Vanessa at one point. It truly is sad that the only one, I say this very lightly, "stable" woman in Kaiden's life is Karen. Janet's sister, Sonja, should have gotten custody of Kaiden.

Can you imagine being raised by Karen? She got on the stand and lied about Raven today and lied about Janet and actually did her best to muddy Janet. I have heard different stories about how Kaiden is having a tough time with other children and he's not as well adjusted as they are making him out to be. I pray that Jim is watching out for him. I pray that he is trying to be a GOOD FATHER FIGURE to Kaiden. It's his responsibility to not allow her to do to Kaiden when she did to her other children.

Do you all see Jim Bolton's daughter, Summer, in this picture? The look on her face is priceless.

After the defendant's mom finished her testimony, she returns to her seat next to her husband.

6ediz6.png

The expression on Foxley's face looks more like a smirk. Like, you suck Karyn Abaroa Peters Whistler Bolton, and I would have done a much better job as his mother than you did. Which is bizarre in its own way, but the expression is definitely a smirk.

I noticed Foxley looking like she has a smile on her face. Is she smiling because she realizes she probably was a better mother figure to Raven or did she really believe that Karen Abaroa Peters Whistler Bolton did a good job?

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=6ediz6&s=5

These people don't believe in counseling, but I think the whole lot of them could use some psychiatric help because they all live in an alternate universe.

This picture just says it all. Karyn shooting death rays at what looks to be Raven and/or DT. Jim trying to say something to her. Derek and Shiloh look like they know it's over and Summer looks like she cannot believe she is lumped in with these people.

If this situation wasn't so sad and tragic, the picture would almost be comical. Like a family of no-good bandits in the Old Wild West that had terrorized settlers and broken the law for years. The Abaroa-Bolton Bandits just got caught by a no bull-***** sheriff. And the no-good bandits know the gig is up.

6ediz6.jpg

Watching Raven's mom. She said Janet had a dry, SICK sense of humor??
10 minutes in on part 2.
Maybe she'll explain - I just had to pause it to comment, cuz my eyes are big and wide open after she said that.

A "different" personality, but once you get to know her..........nice to talk about your DIL that your SON murdered in that way, lady.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back