NC vs. Raven Abaroa ~ the Trial

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, this must be so very hard for Janet's loved ones. Sending them prayers of strength.

It's easy to see how this ME is measuring his words and replies.

Good- he's going to answer my question.
Just before death - that sounds extremely unlikely. She really HAD to have been with child at the time of the murder.

The female defense attorney is beautiful. I always wonder what makes defense attorneys fight for someone even if they believe them to be guilty. That would be impossible for me to do.

But it wouldn't have helped if it were Raven since he would admit to sex with his wife. It would only be good for the defense - they'd be hoping they came up with someone else.

Yep, JJ, and because it was prolly negative for a "stranger," they didn't pursue it. Otherwise this would have been a big, big deal for the DTeam.

Are they just showing pix of Janet's hand? They are very respectful showing no pix of her body. I like that.

NC Statute does not allow viewing of autopsy photos to public -- they do allow showing of drawings (so if the Aut. Rpt. is released to public, drawing s/be included, but no pictures). I would like to see the A.Report, but that's just me. Maybe it'll be put "out there" soon. Some are, some aren't.

The female defense attorney is beautiful. I always wonder what makes defense attorneys fight for someone even if they believe them to be guilty. That would be impossible for me to do.

I think you have to believe firmly in the right to a fair trial and fair representation. I know a couple of defense attorneys and they don't like getting guilty people acquitted necessarily, but they believe fair, proper representation is a key to a thriving democracy and a free nation.

It's easy to see how this ME is measuring his words and replies.

Yep -- he's been there & done that a lot. I've seen him before in the courtroom. They are very specific and always answer if they can & they qualify their testimony quite a bit so attorneys cannot read things into anything they say. They don't hide anything -- no reason to -- but they don't allow any leeway, either. Dr. Clark was very deliberate and easy to understand.

And I thought the ADA asked good questions. And the DT asked good ones, too. So far, I like the 1st Chair Def Atty. Seems like a "regular guy" so far. What a breath of fresh air. Let's hope he stays this way, poor guy -- he's got a &)$^#^&* for a client, IMO.

Voices but no live feed - is that what yours is like?

Now, not even any voices????

They are there to at least see that the client gets a fair trial. Not to necessarily get him/her off. That would be the only way I could look at it and do it. I think we see some of the worst of 'em since these trials are always, seems to me, about some of the worst. The Def Team to me this time seem quite reasonable. Let's hope it stays that way....

p.s. IANAL

They are there to at least see that the client gets a fair trial. Not to necessarily get him/her off. That would be the only way I could look at it and do it. I think we see some of the worst of 'em since these trials are always, seems to me, about some of the worst. The Def Team to me this time seem quite reasonable. Let's hope it stays that way....

p.s. IANAL
Just noticed your PS - misread it - without the front letter, it reminded me of that OTHER trial/

Oh my gosh, I could never, ever be a defense attorney no matter what. I don't know how they live with themselves. I asked a friend of mine, who is one, how he could do it and of course his answer was 'it's the prosecution's place to prove a defendant guilty not my place to prove him innocent.' Arrgh!

I like that they even kept the packaging. Very through. No shoddy LE work from THIS gal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member