NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting to me is that both parents saw her at 2:20am and she was sleeping. That sounds odd.They both went into her room and checked on her? Maybe. They stayed up later and then just got up in the afternoon and she was gone? What about breakfast? Lunch? Odd.
That's why I was wondering if she could've gotten up while they were asleep. If she had gone to bed at a "normal hour" and was asleep at 2:20am, I would think she would've awakened in the morning and wanted breakfast, which at 10 y/o she could've fixed herself and maybe gone outside. Of course that wouldn't account for the dogs not tracking her, or where she is now. Also, one article I read said her father seems to be cooperating, so it seems there must be some truth to the 2:20am sighting. MOO

IMO, she didn't run away without her hearing aids.
Children know they need glasses, hearing aids usually wear them faithfully.
I even know a few that sleep with their glasses on.
Hearing aids usually after time is just like part of their body and you have to remind them to air them out.
Clean them, batteries etc.
I know nothing about the prosthetic leg wear.

That's why I was wondering if she could've gotten up while they were asleep. If she had gone to bed at a "normal hour" and was asleep at 2:20am, I would think she would've awakened in the morning and wanted breakfast, which at 10 y/o she could've fixed herself and maybe gone outside. Of course that wouldn't account for the dogs not tracking her, or where she is now. Also, one article I read said her father seems to be cooperating, so it seems there must be some truth to the 2:20am sighting. MOO

I don't doubt they saw her at 2:20. Struck me as odd that they both say they saw her. Why would both of them go in her room and check on her and then sleep all day without getting up to fix her breakfast or even lunch? They worried enough to both check on her at 2:20 and yet not check on her again until 11 hours later?

Step Mom being arrested unrelated charges I understand. I just don't think it's a coincidence that the police did it today.They could of waited for the worried grieving Mom to calm down after her step daughter had gone missing.FBI is on board so lets hope she is alive and they can find her.I forgot to mention what a beautiful little girl she is.

Have they given any info on when Zahara was last seen by someone other then Dad and stepmom? I've looked and haven't seen anything.

Prayers for Zahara.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been searching, and can't find any other mention of sightings by anyone else. Would love to know what her frame of mind appeared to be in school on Friday...if she made it to school...

Stepmother Arrested on Outstanding Warrants Charge

The stepmother of a missing Hickory girl was arrested Sunday morning on outstanding charges unrelated to the 10-year-old's disappearance.

Police said details that have emerged in the past 12 hours make it seem less likely that a stranger abducted Zahra Clare Baker, who was reported missing a day earlier by her father, Adam, and stepmother, Elisa.

Elisa Baker was arrested on unrelated, outstanding charges around 10:45 a.m., police said. Details of those charges weren't released.

Police said Elisa Baker has not been eliminated as a person of interest in Zahra's disappearance.

They didn't release details of the ongoing investigation, but said it has revealed "inconsistencies." The father and stepmother were interviewed early in the investigation, and police were following up leads to corroborate their statements.

Snipped from http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/8429135/

I don't doubt they saw her at 2:20. Struck me as odd that they both say they saw her. Why would both of them go in her room and check on her and then sleep all day without getting up to fix her breakfast or even lunch? They worried enough to both check on her at 2:20 and yet not check on her again until 11 hours later?
I can't relate to it either. When I was her age, both my parents were up early in the morning before I was, even on weekends, and mom always fixed breakfast. :) MOO

I've been searching, and can't find any other mention of sightings by anyone else. Would love to know what her frame of mind appeared to be in school on Friday...if she made it to school...
Hopefully the FBI will be at the school tomorrow asking questions. MOO

I can't relate to it either. When I was her age, both my parents were up early in the morning before I was, even on weekends, and mom always fixed breakfast. :) MOO

I think it's more about them sounding concerned at 2am and then go to sleep for 11 hours. It bugs me. Not right. My Mom always made sure I had my little red and white tray with my breakfast on it. Take a child with no hearing and one leg missing and let her just handle her self while we sleep we checked on her 11 hours ago and she was fine. WHAT??????

Hopefully the FBI will be at the school tomorrow asking questions. MOO

I bet the FBI is on top of it today, IMO. In the case of a missing child, they should have already verified her whereabouts for at least the 24 hours before she went missing. Perhaps they have checked her medical records also?
The dogs not picking up a scent is troublesome. I'm wondering what the search of the home netted.....

I'm pretty sure they had school in Hickory on this past Friday. They are out of school on Oct. 29 for a Teacher Workday. Not really sure what school Zahra attended, however. She could have been homeschooled or private-schooled.

Hickory Police Chief Tom Adkins told the media that it is unlikely Zahra would have left the home on her own. He also noted there was a small fire reported at the Baker home on the morning the girl went missing, which may or may not have anything to do with Zahra's disappearance.

http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-na...carolina-girl-not-likely-abducted-by-stranger
What? :eek: A fire at the house that morning? And the parents didn't notice she was missing until 1pm? :banghead: MOO

Police have been searching for Zahra Clare Baker, 10, since Saturday afternoon. Elisa and Adam Baker, Zahra's father, told police they had checked on her around 2:30 a.m. Saturday when they heard her coughing, according to Libby Grigg, assistant to the Hickory police chief.
The couple told police they "slept in" on Saturday; they reported her missing from the northwest Hickory home just before 2 p.m. Saturday, Grigg said.

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...till-searching-for-missing.html#ixzz11zzTdKXV

Hickory Police Chief Tom Adkins told the media that it is unlikely Zahra would have left the home on her own. He also noted there was a small fire reported at the Baker home on the morning the girl went missing, which may or may not have anything to do with Zahra's disappearance.

http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-na...carolina-girl-not-likely-abducted-by-stranger

Whaaaaaaat? By "morning", does he mean before 2:30AM, when the parents say they last saw Zahra? 'Cause if not, I'd love to know who "reported" it and why the parents didn't think to check if Zahra was still in her room, slept through the commotion, or maybe scared, etc. Or could he have meant the morning of the previous day, i.e. the day Zahra presumably went to bed sometime before midnight, rather than the date on which she allegedly disappeared sometime after 2:30AM?

I'm afraid this isn't going to end well . . .

This is the town that Jon Reep ( Last comic standing ) is from and talks about in his stand up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm