NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
HLN covering Zahra in a few minutes just in case there is something new?????

Reading between the lines I think the dog handler may have answered the question by saying (s)he couldn't answer that question.

Either that or I've been around Military double speak to long and have completely lost my mind :crazy:

JMHO at this point in time.

Yeah, it sounded like the handler wanted to say it!

Can anyone here tell me about the factitious disorder that was discussed last night in reference to stepmom on NG? TIA

I might have spelled that wrong, sorry.

(I can google the definition myself, I was wanting to know if any of our medical pros here could give me a break down) :)

BETHANY MARSHALL, PSYCHOANALYST, AUTHOR OF "DEALBREAKERS": Well, Nancy, I think he was participating in abuse. This mother had something called factitious disorder, that is when the mom makes up mysterious illnesses like cancer, brain cancer, stuff like that in order to get sympathy so there`s a likelihood that she gravitated toward this family because the little girl had cancer.

And she wanted to gain control over the little girl and took some perverse satisfaction in proximity to the little girl`s illness, but then became sadistically preoccupied. This mother loved to torment the little girl. She took perverse satisfaction in that.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1010/14/ng.01.html

Can anyone here tell me about the factitious disorder that was discussed last night in reference to stepmom on NG? TIA

(I can google the definition myself, I was wanting to know if any of our medical pros here could give me a break down) :)

"Factitious disorders are conditions in which a person acts as if he or she has an illness by deliberately producing, feigning, or exaggerating symptoms. Factitious disorder by proxy is a condition in which a person deliberately produces, feigns, or exaggerates symptoms in a person who is in their care."

and much, much more, at
[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Factitious_disorder[/ame]

Thanks bellyup I found the passage I was curious about on the NG transcripts :)

BETHANY MARSHALL, PSYCHOANALYST, AUTHOR OF "DEALBREAKERS": Well, Nancy, I think he was participating in abuse. This mother had something called factitious disorder, that is when the mom makes up mysterious illnesses like cancer, brain cancer, stuff like that in order to get sympathy so there`s a likelihood that she gravitated toward this family because the little girl had cancer.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1010/14/ng.01.html
Aired October 14, 2010 - 20:00:00 ET

I didn't hear the discussion, but Factitious Disorder is where you fake an illness or cause symptoms in yourself to get attention. If you do it to yourself it's Munchausen Syndrome, if you do it to your kid it's Munchausen Syndrome by Proxy.

Ahh okay thank so to everyone! Now I understand what she was saying :)

Faherty was able to speak with Baker on camera Friday afternoon. According to Faherty, Baker wanted to thank everyone who is actively searching for his daughter.Faherty asked Baker if he thinks his wife, Elisa Baker, is involved in the disappearance in Zahra. Baker declined to answer the question.Faherty also asked Baker if he knew where Zahra was. Baker said “No.”Faherty said Baker’s main point was to thank everybody who has helped in the search.
http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25402667/detail.html

Oh Lordy...wasn't that one of Dr. Bethany Marshall's gems?

Basically, I understand it to mean a person who suffers from imaginary illness - hypochondria.

Sorry, it's just that Dr. Marshall rubs me the wrong way, even when she has a valid point. I think she often speaks, as my grandma used to say, "just to hear her head rattle", what with her mostly half-baked diagnoses.

Obviously, EB fits the description of a hypochondriac, but I think Dr. Jeffrey Gardere was more accurate in classifying her as a borderline personality.

Maybe EB has been poisoning Zarha (hence the "stomach virus" AB spoke of and the reason she was never seen outside) and she died in bed. EB could have panicked when she realized she would be blamed/caught, disposed of the body then created the kidnapping hoax to cover her tracks but the car never ignited.

IMO of course!

Interesting they took the mattresses and box springs but wouldn't comment if the K-9 hit on anything. All I have to say is "duh"!

And the handler apparently confirmed no hits by the dogs during the search outside of the home...

darlin gal respectfully snipped

factitious disorder, that is when the mom makes up mysterious illnesses like cancer, brain cancer, stuff like that in order to get sympathy

well, EB be careful what you wish for...............it may come true and I for 1 will never give you sympathy!

Interesting they took the mattresses and box springs but wouldn't comment if the K-9 hit on anything. All I have to say is "duh"!

I'd like more information on the dogs they are using. Wishful thinking I know. But it's being reported that two NEW dogs were brought in. I wonder if it's because the hits from the previous dogs turned up nothing ?? What exactly were those dogs trained to detect and what are these new dogs trained in ?

Has LE confirmed they are using cadaver dogs anywhere? I've seen it stated by media several times, but it seems to me they are using different types of dogs looking for any possible shred of evidence. If that's the case a "hit" by a dog might be somewhat insignificant.

Where I am going with this is that it's a world of difference IMO if a blood scenting dog hits on a mattress and if a cadaver dog hits on a mattress.

HLN, no new news..........showing NG and neighbors (Hephner) cops sick of hearing about EB.
showing search crews from yesterday.
Father still free.

seeing hearing aids in Zahra's ears and they were found at rental house..........
do the hearing aids work? Did they ever buy Zahra batteries for hearing aids???/

Oh Lordy...wasn't that one of Dr. Bethany Marshall's gems?

Basically, I understand it to mean a person who suffers from imaginary illness - hypochondria.

Sorry, it's just that Dr. Marshall rubs me the wrong way, even when she has a valid point. I think she often speaks, as my grandma used to say, "just to hear her head rattle", what with her mostly half-baked diagnoses.

Obviously, EB fits the description of a hypochondriac, but I think Dr. Jeffrey Gardere was more accurate in classifying her as a borderline personality.

Oh I missed that part of the show Velouria thanks! Oh yeah I think he might be right about that one.

Off topic but I read a book not too long ago and I can't remember the title right now but it was a non-fiction about personality disorders (it might have been about ASPD and covered some others in comparison) but I remember reading a particular passage where a professional said that BP's could be much scarier and much more dangerous than someone with ASPD. If the circimstances were right.

I haven't forgotten that one.

HLN, no new news..........showing NG and neighbors (Hephner) cops sick of hearing about EB.
showing search crews from yesterday.
Father still free.

seeing hearing aids in Zahra's ears and they were found at rental house..........
do the hearing aids work? Did they ever buy Zahra batteries for hearing aids???/
Good point about the batteries!!!!! I hadn't thought of that. Why would that sub human piece of pond scum want to waste ANY money on batteries. I'm willing to bet that once the intial batteries ran dry on those hearing aids - they haven't worked since.

That's probably why they were found at the house just sittine there - ain't no good if the batteries are dead.

As for the mattresses and box springs - either the dogs hit or there were questionable stains found on them. I wonder if they used luminol in there? I kinda think she was killed in that house as well. There has to be evidence - HAS TO BE!

And it looks like the police have spoken with Zahra's bio-mum:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/national/aussie-mums-fear-for-zahra-baker/story-e6frf7l6-1225939356137

THE mother of missing 10-year-old Zahra Baker is devastated by fears her girl has been murdered in the US.

North Carolina police officer Clyde Deal told the Herald Sun he had spoken with the mother and her sister in Australia.

"Like any parent, she was extremely upset," he said.

Captain Deal said Zahra's mother and father, Adam Baker, separated when Zahra was a baby, but she maintained contact with her daughter over the years.

Ummm, yeah, right. Last week she was saying she'd been searching for Zahra for the last five years and had no idea where she was until the news of her disappearance hit.

So far I haven't seen a name attached to Zahra's mother in the reports of interviews with her. I'm started to wonder if random loonies are posing are her mother and chatting up media and LE. Perhaps her mother hasn't really surfaced at all. Whoever's talking sure can't keep their story internally consistent or aligned with publicly known facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave