NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have we heard anything substantial from Zahra's relatives in Australia?
I find it odd that the grandparents haven't flown out to the US to help search. What about the absent mother? Any real interview with her?

Has there ever been a reward offered for Zahra?

I am not comfortable with this organization raising money for Zahra. Maybe if the money was "in trust" at a bank and had a lawyer overseeing the funds might make me more comfortable.

The schools have their own counselors to help the children that went to school with Zahra last year.

Law enforcement has their own counselors for the different LE departments involved in the searches.

The family of Elisa who didn't do anything for Zahra need to find their own counseling.

I can see money going into a trust for Zahra when she is found in order to pay for funeral expenses and more then likely go back to her home country for burial.

Hey majikposhun were not supposed to copy and past full comments, you can paraphrase and then add in the link, also could you change the full names to initials, this is to give the mods less headaches. :)

Has there ever been a reward offered for Zahra?

I am not comfortable with this organization raising money for Zahra. Maybe if the money was "in trust" at a bank and had a lawyer overseeing the funds might make me more comfortable.

The schools have their own counselors to help the children that went to school with Zahra last year.

Law enforcement has their own counselors for the different LE departments involved in the searches.

The family of Elisa who didn't do anything for Zahra need to find their own counseling.

I can see money going into a trust for Zahra when she is found in order to pay for funeral expenses and more then likely go back to her home country for burial.

No reward that I know of Patty.

Agree about the trust as some questions have been raised about them already.

Also agree with every point you made in the rest of your comment. I would happily donate to a recognised bank or charity group for Zahra.

I would like to know - what other evidence LE has other than the cadaver's dogs hitting on decomposed human remains?

Can we get a Zahra Baker HOT CASE Forum going? The threads are becoming so convulted - it would be good to be able to seperate the different topics.

Hey majikposhun were not supposed to copy and past full comments, you can paraphrase and then add in the link, also could you change the full names to initials, this is to give the mods less headaches. :)

gotcha - I am fixing now - thank you!

No reward that I know of Patty.

Agree about the trust as some questions have been raised about them already.

Also agree with every point you made in the rest of your comment. I would happily donate to a recognised bank or charity group for Zahra.

Yes agree about the trust....I am worried about their injection into the case, Zahra has her own family who should be in charge of funeral arrangements if that becomes necessary, LE has funding from the state, and counselling is available to all parties involved as you have stated. This is just wrong, I wonder at the media support for this group considering the questions raised about the group / individuals behind the fund.

I wonder what the family has to say about that, I think I would be white with rage if a religious organisation stepped in and wished to have a hand in especially funeral arrangements for a child of mine or one in my family, especially if I was not a member of that religion.

Seems somewhat presumptive, but perhaps well intentioned.

I would like to know - what other evidence LE has other than the cadaver's dogs hitting on decomposed human remains?

Can we get a Zahra Baker HOT CASE Forum going? The threads are becoming so convulted - it would be good to be able to seperate the different topics.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5689969&postcount=375"]Message from Kimster about forum[/ame]

^ she's quite right, I remember when the Joran VDS threads were jumping many wanted a forum, but once he was quietly tucked away in Castro Castro the posting slowed down considerably and a forum would have been very quiet.

Long-time lurker, first-time poster...

My take on AB: he reminds me a bit of Wallace, as in Wallace and Gromit? a simple man with simple needs, but having been a parent at a relatively young age, perhaps always craved to have his freedom back as a single man. And then there is the dark side of dad, just below the surface, that is revealed by the reported domestic violence, not to mention his "vengence" t-shirt which just screams...i don't know, something a tad dysfunctional? twisted? immature? which to me really juxtaposes his bumbling simpleton-like appearance and mannerisms. Veeery easily manipulated, and immature enough to put his own needs first, in that he could be led around so easily by the ring at the end of his...*ahem* nose.

To me, he seems to have been grieving and thus emotionally-detached for a very long time. Maybe since he arrived in the States? Just guessing... but the lack of emotion, imo, hints at someone who has been grieving for a long period of time. Dark days indeed, with no emotion whatsoever...Not that Zahra has been gone that long, but that he perhaps knows in his tangled dark heart that she was the price he had to pay in order to put his needs first. Pure speculation on my part but there it is. Complicit? Indeed. Not sure he was bright enough to *grok* where this train was inevitably gonna stop.

Im not even gonna get started on EB, except to say her MO for life appears to have been getting over on people and getting by under the radar. A manipulator through and through. Gah!

WHERE IS ZAHRA?
May today be Zahra's day!

^ she's quite right, I remember when the Joran VDS threads were jumping many wanted a forum, but once he was quietly tucked away in Castro Castro the posting slowed down considerably and a forum would have been very quiet.

actually you're right, but that's a good example of why a forum would be nice for someone who doesnt know what's going on. when he was arrested it took me days of googling to get caught up cause the only alternative in long threads is to literally read every post or you will miss important info and spend ages going back through to find relevance when you do miss something

actually you're right, but that's a good example of why a forum would be nice for someone who doesnt know what's going on. when he was arrested it took me days of googling to get caught up cause the only alternative in long threads is to literally read every post or you will miss important info and spend ages going back through to find relevance when you do miss something

There is a Media and Timeline Thread set up for Zahra to make it easier to catch up on info.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116947"]Zahra Baker timeline and media links only - No Discussion[/ame]

.... About Second Life - I had to try it out as part of a course I'm studying, and WOAH is it hard! Obviously I need more practice but I had difficulty staying upright and not walking into walls. I also made myself "car sick" from over-correcting when I tried to move around. Didn't like it at all!

It IS very difficult to learn to navigate, walk, run, fly, mod your avatar, keep object 'inventories' organized, ect. There are no "joy sticks" in Virtual Worlds.. it's all keyboard and side arrows. That said... he isn't slow or stupid in my opinion. Far from it. Nor is she.

pudd: LOL You may have been walking into walls because your video card was weak. SL tends to lagg a computer tremendously when too many avatars are on one server (Sim). It's like walking in slow motion..

OT: Good morning and have a great new week everyone! :)

I understand what you're saying but everything I have read about AF and BS shows them to very fairly upstanding ladies getting on with their successful lives. They don't seem to be at all like EB. They are nothing like the the clans you mention above.

AF's my space page calls herself goth. It was not private before but it is now. However, the URL still includes her name as "gothic babe" . The background and images were the same "style" as her mothers.

Long-time lurker, first-time poster...

My take on AB: he reminds me a bit of Wallace, as in Wallace and Gromit? a simple man with simple needs, but having been a parent at a relatively young age, perhaps always craved to have his freedom back as a single man. And then there is the dark side of dad, just below the surface, that is revealed by the reported domestic violence, not to mention his "vengence" t-shirt which just screams...i don't know, something a tad dysfunctional? twisted? immature? which to me really juxtaposes his bumbling simpleton-like appearance and mannerisms. Veeery easily manipulated, and immature enough to put his own needs first, in that he could be led around so easily by the ring at the end of his...*ahem* nose.

To me, he seems to have been grieving and thus emotionally-detached for a very long time. Maybe since he arrived in the States? Just guessing... but the lack of emotion, imo, hints at someone who has been grieving for a long period of time. Dark days indeed, with no emotion whatsoever...Not that Zahra has been gone that long, but that he perhaps knows in his tangled dark heart that she was the price he had to pay in order to put his needs first. Pure speculation on my part but there it is. Complicit? Indeed. Not sure he was bright enough to *grok* where this train was inevitably gonna stop.

Im not even gonna get started on EB, except to say her MO for life appears to have been getting over on people and getting by under the radar. A manipulator through and through. Gah!

WHERE IS ZAHRA?
May today be Zahra's day!

:Welcome-12-june:

Welcome to WS watergirl, glad you joined us. Sad we meet under these circumstances.

wm

Yes agree about the trust....I am worried about their injection into the case, Zahra has her own family who should be in charge of funeral arrangements if that becomes necessary, LE has funding from the state, and counselling is available to all parties involved as you have stated. This is just wrong, I wonder at the media support for this group considering the questions raised about the group / individuals behind the fund.

I wonder what the family has to say about that, I think I would be white with rage if a religious organisation stepped in and wished to have a hand in especially funeral arrangements for a child of mine or one in my family, especially if I was not a member of that religion.

Seems somewhat presumptive, but perhaps well intentioned.

I am a bit suspicious of this group. My question is....If dear Zahra is found deceased (Ugh, hate typing that), will the funds that are intended to give Z a proper burial include the expense of flying her to her family in OZ where she should rightfully be laid to rest along with expenses for the funeral itself? I just wish we knew more about this group and how the funds raised will be allotted. What percentage of the funds will go towards each category mentioned in the media article? Is this spiritual couseling group affiliated with any organized religious group like Southern Baptist, Presbyterian ect.

Just some thoughts and questions that I have regarding this and all MOO.

wm

Good morning all!

I was away for 3 days so missed a lot while I was gone. I read a post last night about EB's true age and it was in question. I never saw the answer though.

So my question is ... how old is she?

I always thought she looked older than 42.

Thanks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member