NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if there was any sign that AB and EB had been trying to put the fire out themselves before the FD arrived?

for me it wasn't just the phone number snafu that made me go whaaaaaaat??

First and foremost her effing yard is on fire and she calmly says (when asked her address) that her husband works for a tree maintenance service...

When she is asked what is on fire she says they have big mulch piles in the back because they sell firewood (another excuse! Why not just say the mulch piles are on fire... so they sell firewood... great... but what is the need for the excuse)

This 911 call was..... interesting.... ((in my opinion))

ETA: oh yeah.. and then there is how close is the fire/where is the fire and she starts in about the donut shop...

THANKS KAT FOR THE TRANSCRIPT!

:waitasec: I didn't hear anything about the donut shop unless 137 Bistro is the donut shop. :confused:

I wonder if there was any sign that AB and EB had been trying to put the fire out themselves before the FD arrived?

I reckon that they had no water hose in the yard. I reckon.:waitasec:

911: What's the address of your emergency?

EB: uhh yes m'mam...uhhh...uh...my husband...my husband works for uhh...a tree maintenance company and our backyard's on fire.

911: Your what's on fire?

EB: Our backyard, we got big mulch piles and wood piles because we sell firewood

911: Okay...what's your address m'mam?

EB: (gives address)

911: confirms address

EB: yes

EB: We're right behind, uhhhhh...

911: starts to ask a question inaudible

EB: do what?

911: is it close to your house?

EB: uhhhh it's not very, it's kind of off...we're right by behind where the uh new 137 bistro opened

911: Uh huh

EB: ummmm

911: What's your phone number there m'mam?

EB: (starts to name off a couple numbers)

911: uh huh

EB: ummm...(names off another number) let me get my cell phone, cause I can't even remember my home phone (gives cell phone number)

911: Okay, we'll get them out there m'mam.

EB: Okay thank you.

I might have missed a few umms on EB's behalf. Loose transcription for those at work at this time.

She never gave her cell phone number...the 911 operator completed the rest of the home phone number for her.

No surprise that it's unpublished but it is a land line.

Sounds like they were trying to get the cops alerted already to the 137 Bistro (donut shop?) right off the bat by stating there was a fire in their yard and they lived by that 137 Bistro? Is that where the dumpster was checked out as well?

How big was this fire? Was it just the one pile of mulch burning? And if it was not a big fire, why call the FD? Well, besides the fact that you needed them to find the fake ransom note and all.............lol.

Well I now have to go to werk so I would appreciate you nice folks solving this case by the time I get back, and prayers for this little child today.

it is the donut shop

Still confused. I read about Daylight Donuts where the manager spotted the flickering of a lighter or something to the effect, and then read the Donut Shop moved within the last 2 weeks. So is Daylight Donuts the same but changed their name or are there 2 Donut Shops. Obviously I am really confused at the moment.

Still confused. I read about Daylight Donuts where the manager spotted the flickering of a lighter or something to the effect, and then read the Donut Shop moved within the last 2 weeks. So is Daylight Donuts the same but changed their name or are there 2 Donut Shops. Obviously I am really confused at the moment.

Bistro 127 Hickory, NC 28601 Bistro
Hickory's best kept secret! Bistro 127 is a European inspired restaurant striving to ... And yes, we still serve fresh Daylight Donuts throughout the day. ...
www.hickorybistro.com/ - Cached

When you go to there page, they talk about moving.

We will be moving Someplace Else. It is just over 1200 ft down the street to the former “Someplace Else” establishment. Our goal is the first of October, 2010. Until then, we will still be open at our current location.

We will be closing our old location at 1816 N Center St this Monday October 4th and hoping to reopen at 2039 N Center St by the Week End.

I live alone and also forget my phone number so I keep it wrote down
on a piece of paper in my wallet.

Works good as long as you don't forget your wallet.

I've never forgotten my home number because I call it often BUT I can't remember my cell phone # if my life depends on it.

First, for g-d sakes, when is this little girl going to get her own forum, lol?

If there wasn't enough HINK in this case with other details and events, this 911 call just adds a little more icing on this disgusting cake. Why on g-d's green earth would you mention your husbands, (or even your own) occupation in a 911 call to report a fire? Your backyard is on fire and the first thing you mention to the operator is what your husband does for a living? WEIIIIIIIRD! Yeah, so the mulch--that is related to your husbands business---is on fire---who cares where the mulch came from---it's on fire!---that's the important part. And--it's not as if she was in such panic or shock that she just spouted randomness. I think she, being un-intelligent, knew she or Adam started the fire, and had trouble hiding that truth, therefore letting nerves get in the way.

There was a small fire in her backyard--that, and her address/phone number is ALL the operator really needs to know, other than if anyone is hurt, or the fire is reaching the house.

TOO MANY DETAILS= lying/trying to remove doubt

And of course the fact that they did not check on Zahra at that time, nor did they report her missing to 911 at that time (because they did not check on her), just seals the GUILTY deal even more.

I understand the whole "innocent until proven guilty" rule. But jeezus, some people REALLY, REALLY make themselves look guilty, lol. Incriminating oneself is Elisa Baker's fortay at this point.

We are so sorry Zahra. You were let down. G-d rest your soul.

Bistro 127 Hickory, NC 28601 Bistro
Hickory's best kept secret! Bistro 127 is a European inspired restaurant striving to ... And yes, we still serve fresh Daylight Donuts throughout the day. ...
www.hickorybistro.com/ - Cached

When you go to there page, they talk about moving.

We will be moving Someplace Else. It is just over 1200 ft down the street to the former “Someplace Else” establishment. Our goal is the first of October, 2010. Until then, we will still be open at our current location.

We will be closing our old location at 1816 N Center St this Monday October 4th and hoping to reopen at 2039 N Center St by the Week End.

OK, I think I got it now.

137 Bistro serves "Daylight Donuts", of which appears to be their donuts and they were moving "Someplace Else" October 2010, of which, "Someplace Else" is actually a building they will be moving to, of which "Someplace Else" went elsewhere. (just kidding)

HICKORY, N.C. (AP) - Investigators searching for a missing 10-year-old Hickory girl want medical records from her native Australia, including details on the prosthesis she's had since losing a leg to bone cancer.

Hickory Deputy Chief Maj. Clyde Deal said Tuesday detectives need to know the model, serial number, and composition of the artificial leg from the Australian medical facility that fitted it for Zahra Clare Baker.

Deal wouldn't say if investigators have also sought dental records, which are often used to identify a body.

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13350509

I don't if this has been posted, Nightline will cover Zahra's case tonight.

Zahra Baker case update-police release some of the initial 911 calls-Dad opens by asking the operator "Hey, how you doing?"
from twitter

I know this is far from a humorous subject, but everytime I see the quote "Hey, how you doing?" I *hear* it in Joey Tribiani's voice from Friends.

Supposedly when he gets to the 911 call (by early reports, so it will be interesting to see if the transcript supports the reporter) once they transfer him he says something like

there was a fire at my house this morning, and they found a ransom note, the people who left that note took my daughter

If that is actually what the transcript shows I will fall over at how transparent their attempt at building their alibi is.

As far as small truths in their statements on the GMA interview he says he last saw her on Thursday, I wonder if that was the disposal date.

OK, I think I got it now.

137 Bistro serves "Daylight Donuts", of which appears to be their donuts and they were moving "Someplace Else" October 2010, of which, "Someplace Else" is actually the name of the place they will be moving, of which "Someplace Else" went elsewhere. (just kidding)

Yes, who's on third. :crazy:

Im wondering about something....why say the last time she saw her was twelve whole hours before reporting it if it wasnt true? Why not say, 8 hours or 3 hours? KWIM? What Im getting at is, I think the time that she supposedly "saw" Z in her room is significant.

Here is a theory: Z was in her room at that time, 2 am....for some reason, she had her prostetic leg on...not sleeping, but maybe they were getting ready to move her, or leave the house or something that would require her to wear her leg, and before leaving EB lost her mind and killed the child in a fit of rage...at approximately 2 am. The child didnt have time to grab or put her heaing aids in before EB started in on her. Of course AB knows all this because he was home. They dispose of Z....they spend the next few hours trying to figure out how to explain her disappearance (in case grandma or someone asks about her), AB goes to work. When he gets home the rest of the plan is put into motion. Poorly thought out. Just tryin' to put together the meaning behind the twelve hour time span. It has to mean something, if indeed, EB and AB were involved.

or maybe it was planned long ago, and then when the time came, they wanted it to look like she ran away, with her prostetic leg, during the night, and then they decided that wouldnt work, so EB wrote a ransom note...and the plan went south because the fd or pd never checked on Zahra to find her missing from her room when they came to put out the fire. Maybe she assumed that they would check on a child at that residence, but they didnt. So then they had to regroup, and finally at 2 pm the next day, they called in themselves. The hearing aid being left behind was just an oversight in my opinion...they were scrambling. All my opinion.......

ETA: Maybe the prostetic leg was the murder weapon....so thats why they had to get rid of it too, if she wasnt wearing it.

for me it wasn't just the phone number snafu that made me go whaaaaaaat??

First and foremost her effing yard is on fire and she calmly says (when asked her address) that her husband works for a tree maintenance service...

When she is asked what is on fire she says they have big mulch piles in the back because they sell firewood (another excuse! Why not just say the mulch piles are on fire... so they sell firewood... great... but what is the need for the excuse)

This 911 call was..... interesting.... ((in my opinion))

ETA: oh yeah.. and then there is how close is the fire/where is the fire and she starts in about the donut shop...

THANKS KAT FOR THE TRANSCRIPT!

My parents had a fire in their backyard about 15 years ago and I called 911. I said "we have a fire, send someone quick" dispatch asked where it was located and I said the backyard. A couple more questions (my name and address) and that was it. EB went into way to much detail ... like it had been rehearsed.

Her 911 call is H~I~N~K~Y to the MAX!! Same goes for him with the Hi, howya doin?

And she can't remember her HOME phone number.
I can't and DONT know MY home phone number. We all have cell phones( we are a 8 person home 6 kids 2 adults and all kids besides our handicap child has cell phones along with me and my husband). We got the home number bc we needed it when getting a car loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rwiz